Rumble at the (Freedom) Zoo

Raveled

So this is sort of recruitment/interest check for a thread set at Freedom City's zoo. I'm mostly looking for lower PLs and Claremont PCs for this; it's not going to be about smacking around Power Corps or whatnot, but about dealing with animals gone rampant and saving civvies. Anyone interested in a thread that's more disaster oriented than crime oriented?

...oh dear.  What with Wildcat's Complication that animals treat him as another predatory animal, things could get...complicated. :D

Might be safer to involve Cerulean instead.  Either way, I'm game to involve either of my Earth-based PCs -- feel free to express an opinion as to which one, Raveled or other players equally welcome.

Oracle might be a bit over the top for this, although she could calm huge numbers of humans OR animals if needed. Also, i am unsure if i have to get Oracle to Bronze first or if I can make a second character at PL 7. If so, I could bring in a different kind of character. One of the ideas i have on scrap paper is a genius with a batttlesuit, with a mix of abilities that might help.I will submit that one as well.

:D

Oracle might be a bit over the top for this, although she could calm huge numbers of humans OR animals if needed. Also, i am unsure if i have to get Oracle to Bronze first or if I can make a second character at PL 7. If so, I could bring in a different kind of character. One of the ideas i have on scrap paper is a genius with a batttlesuit, with a mix of abilities that might help.I will submit that one as well.

:D

​Well you shouldn't make a PL 7 just because you want to get into a low-PL thread, you should make a PL 7 because you have a good idea that power range. If you do, then great! Make 'em and get 'em into stories.

This thread won't be won just by mind-controlling all the animals, though. There will be some environmental hazards to consider. If you're the PC that happens to be near the dolphin tank when it breaks, being a telepath isn't going to help you save those porpoises!

Every player gets a PL 10 and PL 7 slot off the bat. I think there's a second PL 10 slot reserved for space-based characters, but for the life of me I can't remember the rules around it.

Well Wildcat is certainly closer to the PL I'm looking for. Can you think of a reason he'd be at the Freedom City zoo, given his Complication?

Not too difficult, really -- he's still trying to figure things out, and he's getting disturbed by the savagery that bubbles up from within on occasion.  A trip to the zoo to watch genuine predatory carnivores might just reveal something that would make things start to make sense, something he can apply to his own life.