Jump to content
RobRX

Quirky Characters (IC)

Recommended Posts

Millenium Mall, Midtown

May 17th

What had started as a perfectly normal day for Eileen and Vicky took a very very strange turn. Strange even by the standards of Freedom City. Their shopping trip had been interrupted by the sudden rampage of a large, angry monster right in the middle of the mall. What made it so strange was that the thing had just simply...appeared there. All of a sudden. No rhyme, no reason, there was just some giant monster attack for some reason. So the usual things hapenned; people panicked, screamed, ran away and soon a fight broke out between the monster and the two heroine.

As the monster continued it's rampage, it finally found a way out of the mall. If the two didn't stop it soon, it would escape into the city and continue it's rampage!

--

The skies above the city

"Seriously, what the hell?!" Rampart shouted, grabbing a winged monster by the tail and swinging it around before throwing it. A milk run had just turned into an aerial chase against monsters who had just appeared out of nowhere. She wasn't the only one 'on the case', as there were other people currently repelling the monsters in the skies. In comical puffs of smoke, three more monsters appeared on the top of buildings in Midtown. "Oh come on!"

 

Edited by RobRX

Share this post


Link to post

Millenium mall was like a shopping mecca compared to the commisary and malls of the places Vicki had been stationed at.  The variety of stores was only matched by the awesome potential of people watching.  Eileen had suggested they take a trip to the mall and Vicki had completely agreed.  She certainly needed to update her wardrobe, which while cute, was more country than city.  That was evidenced by the loose white blouse with a white cotton tank top that complimented hip hugging jean shorts that she wore.  While it had garnered some attention from the multitude of boys wandering the mall in small packs, she definately thought she could do better and Eileen seemed to have a pretty good sense of these things.

They were walking arm in arm between Hollister and Go Jane with Vicki peppering Eileen with varrious questions, <"So... what do you think?  Should I change my image?  I mean, the country bit works and I do love lace accents... I just think that I should modernize a bit.">

The appearance of a creature in the center of the mall paused her in her tracks.  With wide eyes not leaving the slavering beast, she flashed a thought to Eileen, <"do you think this is some kind of promotion?">

Share this post


Link to post

Eyes a little wild, Eileen was already pushing back the sleeves of her light sweater to expose her wrists.

"Based on how my life has been going lately, I'm gonna have to say probably not," she replied, her voice a little high and excited as she pressed her 'tattoos' together.  Brilliant blue light began to flare, and within half a dozen heartbeats she had assumed the form of Cerulean.

"C'mon, we have to stop it before it hurts someone!" she urged, blue light condensing about her as she brought up her defenses.  Leaving a glowing contrail behind her she zipped off toward the escalators, unwilling to simply head off over the edge of the second story gallery railing and out into the open air.

Yelling at the beast to draw its attention didn't accomplish much, but the barrage of cerulean bolts that spattered against its hide seemed to do the trick.  She split into multiple copies of herself just in time for one of the duplicates to get slashed into oblivion by a heavy clawed blow.

A second barrage of light bolts seemed to cause the creature some pain, and it roared its outrage before smashing out through the large, three-story glassed front of the mall, spilling out into the parking lot.

"C'mon, Hestina -- we need to stop that thing!" Cerulean urged and flashed after it in hot pursuit, a cluster of decoy images swirling about her.

Share this post


Link to post

Vicki started to move forward, when she realized that jean shorts were not going to cut it.  She made a square into the air which shimmered between her fingers as a portal opened to another dimension.  She stepped through it, vanishing from the mall and existence.  

While she reappeared nearly instantly, that was not quite what happened.  Between stepping into the portal and stepping back out, she had done quite the little dance.  Hopping on one foot while trying to slip out of her clothes and into her costume.  Tugging on straps and fasteners as she did her best to get everything in place.  All the while thanking whatever fate that had granted her ability had also allowed her to slow things down long enough to get changed without time in reality advancing long enough to notice.  Thankfully, no one could see this display even as she popped back through stepping lightly and running to follow Cerulean.

She wished she could call back to her friend, but that was the unfortunate problem with her condition.  Chasing along she began to rapidly vanish and appear fifty to one hundred yards at a time ahead, eating up the distance between them all.  As she appeared behind the creature she did her best to touch it, aiming to slow down it's rampage even as Cerulean continued to draw it away.

Share this post


Link to post

There was a short whistling sound, followed by a loud crashing sound as a second monster crashed from the sky and landed, unconcscious, close to the one previously in the mall.

Descending from a above was a figure wreathed in orange-red light and energy crackles, leaving behind a trail of energy as she flew around. The figure descended until it was a meter or two above ground, when the light died off. What followed was a rather clumsy landing. Cho looked around and noticing Hestina and Cerulean simply said; "Oh. I guess you two don't need me and got things covered." Seems like the mall's problem was already being dealt with by those two.

Share this post


Link to post

Cerulean was startled by the unexpected appearance, but managed to refrain from blasting the newcomer on general principles.

"I'm not one for turning down help anyhow," she replied, even as Hestina manged to paralyze the beast with a touch of her hand.  "Say, you're...Rampart, right?  We go to school together, you're part of Next-Gen?"  Holy geeze, the other girl was tall. She herself was prone to complaining about the lack of suitably tall guys, especially since she liked to wear heels, but Rampart -- Cho, she believed -- was huge.  Like, taller-than-some-NBA-players tall.

She felt a great deal of sympathy for the other girl, while at the same time was disgruntled that she clearly had first claim on any seriously tall guys that came by.

"Do you have any idea what's -- look out!" she cried, eyes flaring a brilliant blue and sending a pair of tightly focused beams close over Rampart's shoulder to squarely strike yet another of the monstrosities as it swooped down behind the unsuspecting heroine.  It roared in discomfort and broke off, crashing painfully to the ground nearby before laboriously hauling itself to its feet.

Share this post


Link to post

"You know me? That's new." Cho said, frankly a bit surprised; she had never gotten any of those kind of reactions before. Plus there was the fact the new Next-Gen just had never really been that much of 'a thing' overall. She had spent more time with the World Youth Rescue Movement, even if that team had currently unfortunately disbanded. Ever since joining up with that team in July Cho just hadn't kept much tabs on Claremont aside from the circle of people she knew. For a moment she wondered if they too were dealing with the sudden monster attack or if that was just limited to this part of town for...some unexplained reasons.

"No, I don't have any idea what's going on." She replied as she ducked, barely. "I-I was hoping you would." Even with effort the nervous stutter remained. As the other monster crashed, she turned back to Cerulean. "Well I think that was the last one around." Cho stopped talking and looked upward, expecting another monster to swoop in. "Huh. Okay. I don't know your name, sorry, you are?"

Around them people started to gather while the police, fire fighters and ambulance arrived at the scene. Hopefully there wasn't too much damage.

Share this post


Link to post

Listening, Vicki walked to each of the creatures, and shunted them off into her netherworld where they would remain until someone let her know what to do with them.  For all she knew, this was some kind of migratory pattern in an as of yet to be discovered species.  Regardless of how they looked, and what damaged they did, Vicki still stuck to her creed of 'Do no harm' as much as she possibly could.  There would be someone who knew more what to do with them, she'd just have to make sure to find the right one.

Waking over to the other girls, she waves a cheerful hi, tapping her mouth and shaking her head.  That rarely worked,but at least sometimes people caught on before she had to explain that she couldn't talk.

Stepping to Cerulean, she linked arms with her friend, <"that doesn't happen all the time here, does it?  Who's your friend?">

Share this post


Link to post

GM

The clean up effort continued while Cerulean and Rampart talked a little. However, in the crowd, someone wasn't happy. Not one bit. In fact, he was actually quite bored. "This sucks so much." said a boy in the crowd. "It's just not cool anymore. I miss the old days, back when the Freedom League would come out and play but now, oh now they're just busy! Or too old. Or gone." Disgruntled, Quirk threw his action figure of Captain Thunder and Centurion, the latter breaking when hitting the ground.

"They didn't even come out to play. I need something new! Something fresh! The old guard is boring me, now. Boring me so so so so so so much!" Quirk  froze time, and walked in circles, moving through the crowd as if they weren't there, gesticulating as he talked out loud. Not that any entity in three dimensions could hear him. Then he spotted Cerulean, Hestina and Rampart and grinned. "Now this is nice!" Quirk popped next to the three, still frozen in time and oblivious to all of this. "New characters. New costumes." He lifted up Cho's white cape. "And the cape is brand new!"

Jumping and sitting on Hestina's frozen head, Quirk schemed. "Too bad they don't have the appeal of the classics. Then again..."

Share this post


Link to post

Cerulean abruptly found herself in the middle of a pair of questions -- fortunately, talking quickly had never been a lack of hers.

"Sorry!  I'm Cerulean, and this is Hestina," she introduced herself and her roommate to Rampart.  "This is sort of a regular thing, actually," she explained with a grin to Hestina -- this city seemed to be a magnet for weird stuff, which is one reason it appealed to her.  Why should she be the only one?

"Hestina, this is Rampart, she's got something in common with us," she went on, belatedly realizing that maybe she should try to be a little more discreet about what she said in public.  Lord only knew she didn't want certain things about her becoming public, and being indiscriminate could lead to dire results.  "Hestina here has a vocal block, but she can understand you just fine," she explained to Rampart.  "She can also--"

A strident alarm cut her off, and she sat bolt upright in bed, thoughts driven right out of her head.  She was next to impossible to get out of bed without hitting snooze at least three times, but this alarm seemed custom designed to drill right into her brain and guarantee she was far too awake to go back to sleep once it went off.  Red, white, and blue was flashing on the wall, and she stumbled out of bed to smack it into silence -- surprisingly, that worked, the alarm going silent when she touched it.

Silence, blessed silence, what a relief.  It let her think again, and the first thought that came flooding back in was what the heck had just happened?  How had she gotten from the mall to here, and...where was here, for that matter?

A draft eased across her skin, and she added one more to the list.  Why was she naked?

"Duty calls, babe?" an unfamiliar, deep, and decidedly masculine voice spoke behind her, and with a shriek and a jump that brought her down facing the bed, she saw that said voice had come from the quite large, ebony-skinned man lying in the bed, looking like he too had just woken up.

Correct that -- a large, ebony-skinned, and apparently also naked man.

Eileen yelped again, and grabbed at a robe lying over a nearby chair, holding it against her front while looking around a bit frantically

"Who are you?  Where is this?  What's going on?" she demanded, eyes wide and tone climbing as she spoke.

Share this post


Link to post

Cho had a thing with alarm clocks. Well, more like a distinct hatred of them. A stream of terminus energy erupted from the bedsheets and struck where she imagined the alarm clock was. Instead it impacted the solid wall designed to withstand tremendous amount of damage and did nearly nothing. Getting out of her bed, Cho looked around, confused. "Where the hell am I?"

Getting out of her room, she found herself inside a large underground complex. The place had been carved out and padded with walls able to resist immense amount of damage, perhaps in the event Cho had a fight in there. It was an impressive complex, the kind of thing she could never remotely afford, leading to the conclusion a large part of it had to have been actually designed by her and built with her powers. The inside had been carved from the earth (or a mountain) and the walls and floor had been altered on a molecular level permanently. The flashing lights no doubt indicated some kind of emergency.

"Okay I don't know what the hell is going on but that's...not normal." She muttered to herself, trying to understand the computer console. That thing was no ordinary computer with keyboard and mouse. She figured that, even if she had somehow built this place there was no way the computer was her work. "Hello? Anyone else in here? No?" Her voice echoed inside the large underground structure.

Moving at full speed, Cho tried every button permutation until she got the thing on...

Share this post


Link to post

Someone was tapping her shoulder, repeatedly and insistently.  She really wished they would stop as she had just been enjoying a little rest.  Sure, she was standing up, but that didn't mean she didn't want to rest her eyes a little longer.  People did that?  Right?

Yet the person did not relent and slowly her eyes opened as she gradually woke.

"Dr. Adams," a polite voice asked as the tapping stopped.

Blinking a few times, Vicki turned to see a pleasant woman in a professional dress looking at her expectantly.  She had a friendly look about her, although there was a bit of concern that crept into her expression.

"Yes?" Vicki replied while the implications of her speech had not quite sunk in.

"Your three o'clock appointment is here," the lady replied.  "He's already in the room waiting.  Are you all right?"

Of course she was all right.  She had just been resting her eyes a little, "no I'm fine, it's been a long day..."

Then things sunk in.  Not only has she talked, something she had never done before, but she was in an office and someone she didn't know expected her to handle some kind of appointment.  What kind of appointment and why didn't she remember any of this.  If she was that important, she should remember something.

"Um..." she started, still thrilled to hear her own voice, "are there any notes on this appointment?"

Share this post


Link to post

The woman in the professional dress nodded slowly, "of course there is.  It's all in his file... are you sure you're all right?"

"His file... of course.  I just wanted to know where it was... that's all..." Vicki responded lamely, wondering what was going on, but secretly thrilled to just be speaking.

"...in the computer?" the lady said hesitantly.

Vicki sighed, that figured, "thank you.  I'll be fine, I guess I did just doze off there.  Can you ask him to wait a moment.  I have some paperwork to finish up."

Thankfully that answer seemed to pacify the lady and with just one last off look she turned to go.  However, she paused looking back and giving a very sly smile, "I don't know.  If it were me, I wouldn't make him wait a second more than I have too.  However, you're the doc and that's why you pay me the big dollars."

Vicki laughed nervously.  Paid her?  Last she knew, her account only had a few hundred in it, the product of some babysitting and other odd jobs.  She prayed that no one was going to ask her for a check until she figured out what was going on.

As the woman went back to the front of the office, Vicki ducked into a side room and pulled her phone up.  Dialling Eileen's number in a panic she wondered what was going on as it rang through to voice mail.  This was an emergency!  She dialled again... and again, praying she'd pick up.

Share this post


Link to post

After finally managing to make that damn computer inside 'her' base, Cho found the access to what appeared to be a Freedom League teleportal. Realizing she was still in her pajama, she rushed back into her room, completely scrambling the place and turning it upside-down while trying to find either or costume or the morphic molecule version usually worn around her left forearm. After finally finding it, Cho went back to the teleportal and activated, still wondering just how the hell she ended up in there.

Share this post


Link to post

GM

As Vicky dialed up to call Eileen, an alarm on her watch started beeping. Rather annoyingly so. Taking a look, she noticed it said EMERGENCY in big red letters on a black background, followed by a message saying it was from the Freedom League. It seemed as thought, for some reason, Hestina was apparently now a member of the Freedom League and she was being called to their headquarter, Freedom Hall. They needed her and needed her now.

--

As Eileen and the man were talking, the alarm continued to beep annoyingly, only to be joined by the call from Vicky. Considering Vicky was seemingly in office already, Eileen had probably slept to quite late into the day. Probably a day off or two and someone was having some fun and enjoying themselves, taking a nice break from work. Unfortunately, the whole superhero part seemed like a full-time job.

Share this post


Link to post

Eileen slapped at the wall alarm again, trying to get it to stay off, and quickly clutched at the robe to make sure it didn't slip off her front.  The ebony adonis in her bed looked concerned, sitting upright and regarding her intently.

"Eilie?  Are you okay?  Didn't the Doctor say that you should be getting over these aftereffects by now?"  His voice was certainly a pleasant, basso rumble that she was sure would raise tingles under other circumstances.  The addition of the cell phone, on a side table by her side of the bed, beginning to play the opening of Aha's 'Butterfly Butterfly' didn't help simplify matters.

"Just...give me a minute," she told the man breathlessly, grabbing up the phone and backing through a doorway which mercifully turned out to be an on-suite bathroom, as she'd hoped.  A bolt of hope cut through the confusion as she saw the caller was Vicki, and she hit the button to answer as she turned to face the mirror.

"...oh my freakin' God!" she yelped, dropping the robe in shock as she jumped back nearly to collide with the door.  "What the hell happened to me?"  She noted, in no particular order, that she was unarguably older, somewhere in her twenties if she had to guess; she was a fair bit thinner and quite a bit more muscularly defined than she had been; her hair was in a cute but much, much shorter pixie-cut; and the 'tattoos' that had been upon each wrist were now elaborate tracings that ran up and down the entirety of her forearms.

Remembering that she had Vicki on the phone, she raised it to her ear even while unable to take her eyes off her reflection in the mirror.

"Vicki?  What happened?" she demanded.  "Wait -- why are you even calling me, instead of texting?" she blurted, as it occurred to her that she couldn't exactly have a productive phone conversation with her mute friend.

And what -- had she stopped eating entirely or something?

Share this post


Link to post

As she listened to Eileen's panickedvoice, she realized that the small office she had ducked into was likely hers.  At least, there was a degree with her name on it, and a wall of books that she had never read, but given time would have loved too.  The furniture was warm, inviting and tasteful and looked like somewhere she spent a lot of time at.  Pictures across the room held images of people she both knew and didn't know.  There was a door on the other side of the room, slightly adjar which she peaked through nervously as Eileen asked her the question that she was trying to figure out herself.  Through the door was a comfortable room where a stupidly handsome man in jeans and a sports coat was idly looking over some of those brain puzzles which here scattered on an oak table.  He moved about what looked like a psychologists office with a casual ease that made him hard to look away from.

Retreating back into 'her' office she hissed into the phone, "because I can talk!  And... and... and... there's a guy in my office that looks like he's expecting me to come talk to him about something and I don't have a clue on what he would want!  Oh!  Oh!  There's an assistant here who seems to think I know what I'm doing, and she says I have appointments.  Why do I have appointments?  I don't even know what I would be appointing about!"

Then one of the images caught her attention, it was a picture of Eileen, a much fitter and older Eileen, on the deck of a sailboat with a rather muscular and fit man, "...and it looks like you have a boyfriend... a serious one!  Do you know that?"

The watch kept beeping at her even as she tried to turn it off.  Freedom League?  Did she go to some kind of convention where they were giving out props and things?  It did look pretty fancy, but by the looks of things, she was well off enough to afford nice things.  "Oh... Mmm... Gee..." she whispered into the phone, "Eileen... what's going on?"

Share this post


Link to post

GM

"No no no! Agh, this sucks!" Whined Quirk as he observed the scene, unable to be perceived by any of the three or any of the fake people he had created inside this fake world. Quirk has created this reality so he could get something new, something fresh, with some NEW popular heroes to do cool things, not the same old hat bunch. Instead, as he plucked everything from their minds, what he got was a soap opera. This being, this cosmic genie, had the attitude and mentality of an eerie intelligent hyperactive child and all this drama was boring his brain.

"Ew, yuck, is that what's all in your heads? Bleh!" He said, pulling his tongue and talking even if no one could notice him for now. "Okay then how about I send in...hmmm...THE ALIEN ANNIHILATOR!" Quirk shouted, overly excited as a meteor came crashing down into the city. From the crater stepped out a monstrous being, barely human-like in shape, over nine feet tall, with green skin and glowing spikes all down his head and spine. The creature roared and immediately began wrecking havoc across the city.

"Better regroup fast before he trash the whole city!"

--

Meanwhile, hearing the ruckus outside, Eileen's boyfriend turned on the news, which revealed the scene of the alien monster destroying downtown on a rampage.

Edited by RobRX

Share this post


Link to post

Eileen's head was spinning, and she crouched to retrieve and don the fallen robe to help preserve her peace of mind, shifting the phone about from ear to ear as she did so.

"Uh, yeah I know I have a boyfriend.  He's currently in bed in the next room.  Naked.  The same bed I was just in.  Naked."  She tried to tone down the freak-out, and was a little worried when the words came out almost a little smug instead.  Where did that come from?

"Okay...so, confronted with the evidence of a whole bunch of stuff I don't remember, plus the fact that I seem to be older, I'm gonna say that something hinky is going on with time," she replied,  "I dunno if older us-es are back in our teenager bodies or what, but I do know whatever's been going on, I seem to be part of the freakin' Freedom League!" she yelped -- quietly.  "The alarm's going off, which means something big is going on.  I don't know what's happening, but if they need help thinks could get bad if they expect me there and I don't show," she babbled rapidly.  Which was true -- but so was the fact that she was thrilled with the idea of standing up with the big boys.  And if she was a member of the League, surely she was capable of holding her own by now, right?

"Look, I gotta go, but I promise I'll call you as soon as I can get away.  Go home sick or something, but try to downplay that you don't know what's going on," she urged.  "Byee!"

Hanging up the phone, she took a breath and exited the bathroom.  She found tall, dark, and studly dressed in a pair of boxer briefs and seated at the edge of the bed, the TV on and displaying....

"What is that?" she demanded, eyes going wide.  He looked up at her entrance, and waved a hand at the TV.

"This is happening live, downtown," he told her grimly, rising to his feet -- and it was a long, long way up.  Holy cheeze, he was tall.  And broad.  And...despite herself, she darted a quick look. Yikes.

He moved toward her, and she yanked her eyes back up to his face again.  "Are you all right?" he asked, concerned, laying one large hand gently against her cheek, looking down into her face.

"Um...yeah," she replied, her voice a little faint.  "I just had a...moment, when I woke up.  Stupid alarm.  But, I guess they need me, huh?" she told him, flashing a quick smile.

"Guess so," he agreed.  "I'll grab a fast shower and get dressed, and see if there's anything I can do to help out on the ground," he went on.  "And remember, close the balcony doors when you leave, the drafts up here are murder when you're just out of the shower."  He squeezed her cheek gently, then headed for the bathroom.

"Oh, and please, at least try to play nice with Cho, all right?" he sent back over his shoulder.  "I know she's my ex, but I'm with you now.  Don't ever forget that."  And with that revelation, the bathroom door clicked closed behind him.

...what??

 

Share this post


Link to post

"But... but... but..." Vicki stammered as Eileen hung up the phone.  "Wait... did she say naked?"

Vicki debated calling back, but it did seem that there was trouble and Eileen was needed.  If only that stupid watch would stop beeping so she could think straight.  Nothing was making sense and she was having a hard time trying to figure out why she couldn't remember anything.  With a sigh she started trying to turn off the watch, only to be treated to a very sweet overhead display of where the rampaging creature was along with what looked like the positions of other members of the Freedom League.  How cool was that?  Then it dawned on her, she was in the Freedom League too and this was her call to try and clean things up.

Shaking her head and wondering when she became so dense, she texted back to Eileen, "I'll race you there.  After I get rid of my... whatever he is."

Opening the rich wood door to what could only be her therapy room, she tried to give a confident smile to the man, "hello, I'm very sorry about this, but I'm afraid we're going to have to reschedule.  You could ask... um... my assistant for a new time and I'm sure we'll be able to get back to you very soon."

He looked at her oddly, but nodded, "I suppose, although I do miss it when our times are cut short."

"You do?" she replied hesitantly.

"I do.  I think these sessions are the only thing letting me keep it all together," he replied with a warm smile that turned her knees into jello.  "However, you had me at 'what do you think of your father'"

She smiled at the joke and retreated into her office where she immediately opened a portal to her own nether closet.  Inside, she saw things had also changed quite a bit.  Instead of the jumbled mess she recalled, it was orderly with tasteful decor and several big closets.  Diving in she quickly changed, knowing that time acted a little differently in here.  Yet as she started to put on the Hestina outfit, things had definately changed.  Instead of the modest loose fitting outfit, she had something much more skin tight and revealing.  Black and white spandex, patterened and styled to look modern and sleek.  The form hugging material certainly didn't leave much to the imagination, which to her own dismay had not changed much apparently.  

"Well... if it was a dream, I'd fill this out better," she muttered as she appeared back into reality and began porting across the city at a fantastic rate.

Share this post


Link to post

Okay.  So, it seems that Hunky McNameless knew about her, in any respects that seemed important at the moment.  Which meant she didn't have to worry about him when it came to getting out of here.  He...seemed to suggest that she had exited by the balcony before?

Opening the bedroom door, she exited into what appeared to be a fairly extensive apartment, tastefully decorated and well-lit by the sun streaming in through the windows.  Quite a few windows.  All which seemed to indicate by the view of the cityscape that she was currently quite a few stories off the ground.

Go out the balcony?  Oh, hell no.

Retreating into the bedroom, she located some discarded jeans that looked to be too small to be hers but fit nonetheless, and grabbed a shirt from where it was crumpled on the seat of a chair.  She didn't worry about anything else for now -- as soon as she got down to a sensible level, like ground level, she was going to change into something a little less comfortable but more super.

Letting herself out of the apartment door, she found nothing but a short hall and a pair of elevator doors -- something she had only seen occasionally in movies and the like, and usually meant a...penthouse?

The called elevator came quickly, and she noted that only had three buttons -- one for the penthouse level, one for the lobby, and one for the garage.  Holy cheese, swank.  Apparently the robe would have been fine after all, had she only known.  As the elevator descended, she pressed her wrists together--

Light flared from them immediately, blue and brilliant, racing up the more widespread tattoos that covered her forearms, front and back.  She had to squint her eyes against her own brilliance, and--

The elevator doors opened into the parking garage, and a blue streak of swirling brilliance rocketed out and through the exit, heading for downtown.

Share this post


Link to post

GM

The creature, the 'Alien Annhiliator' as named by the still-unseen cosmic genie Quirk, had quickly turned downtown into hell as it rampaged through the place, unstoppable. Ordinary police forces simple were no match for such a monster who could destroy buildings with a single punch. Still imperceptible to any senses, Quirk cheered upon the creature from the top of an half-collapsed building. "And a punch! And a kick! Grab the car and throw it!" He was enjoying the carnage but, even more so, couldn't wait for things to get even better.

As the creature spotted the approaching superheroes, it strangely paused, as if waiting for them to leap into action dramatically.

 

Share this post


Link to post

A glowing orange-red crackling shooting star seen across the sky, Rampart arrived on the scene and came crashing down right in front of Cerulean and Hestina, briefly creating a blinding red flash. The debris and the energy crackles quickly subsumed.

"So, um...any of you two know what's going on here?" She asked as she stood up. Appearance and costume-wise, Cho hadn't really changed all that much. "Wait, nevermind, that's not a priority. That thing is" She said, realizing that it would be a rather poor move to start thinking what exactly was going on here when a monster was tearing down downtown.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...