Rob's Required Rambling Plug

RobRX

And we have a third shameless self-plugging thread! This time mine, obviously. In particular I'm trying to GM more threads, althought anyone interested in doing something with one of my character who wish to GM is of course more than welcome. Now, on to what I can offer!

Bloodline: Retired, but not forgotten. Bloodline is a grim survivor from a horrible post-apocalyptic future who came back in time to stop said future from hapenning. In the process he somewhat found out that he only averted his future from hapenning in the main/Earth Prime universe. He's the kind of character who can get involved in street crime, science gone wrong plots or supernatural ones. Anything about the horrible things which goes bump in the night or time travel is something he can get involved in.

Kharag: Want something in space? Well, there's Kharag...if only because he's my only space character. Still he's a fairly polyvalent one plot-wise. Think a Klingon psychic Conan or Gilgamesh (or any mythological hero) and that's a very apt description. Still being a space character and someone willing to purposefully get into trouble, he can be found in any space thread as long as there is enough action. Alternatively if you want some space adventures which are more pulp-ish (but still IN SPACE!) he's a good option for this otherwise narrower niche.

Rampart: Cho Paige Lee, for her full name (and for a long time her only name). Recently promoted from powerhouse to full blown Paragon. She's a Terminus-powered mutant. Cho is my Claremont character, even if she's spent quite some time away from Claremont recently. By far my most generalist of all my characters, so if you got something which the plot scream 'COMIC BOOKS!!' that's probably for her.

Now unto the Game Mastering options...

Any space thread: Want something set in space? Ask me, I'm up for it.

Elseworlds: Alternatively want me to run amok with canon? Yes, I can do that. I've been itching to run some elseworlds and what if stories. It can be anything from a simple 'what if X hapenned' to alternate takes on your character in a different style and setting (like say Spider-Man Noir). The fun in it is that it's self-contained so I suppose we can experiment and try new things.

Edited by RobRX

Ever since I gave Rampart a read-over, I want to at least have Cerulean encounter her at some point -- not unlikely, given that they're both at Claremont.  Eileen is 5'9" and wears heels, and has been complaining that all the boys she's met so far have been her height or shorter.

Rampart is 6'4".  Eileen is going to be so, so sympathetic.

Beyond that, though, I don't have any specific ideas yet.  I'll think on something. :)

Ever since I gave Rampart a read-over, I want to at least have Cerulean encounter her at some point -- not unlikely, given that they're both at Claremont.  Eileen is 5'9" and wears heels, and has been complaining that all the boys she's met so far have been her height or shorter.

Rampart is 6'4".  Eileen is going to be so, so sympathetic.

Beyond that, though, I don't have any specific ideas yet.  I'll think on something. :)

​I'll figure something Claremont-related.

Kharag and Corona have to do something at some point. It just screams buddy cop dramedy.

​So basically it's like Rush Hour but one is an uptight Lor cop and one is a barbarian? I mean, Kharag does martial arts after all. A very brutal, currently unnamed form of psionic martial art but still.

Edited by RobRX

​So basically it's like Rush Hour but one is an uptight Lor cop and one is a barbarian? I mean, Kharag does martial arts after all. A very brutal, currently unnamed form of psionic martial art but still.

He's a kung-fu demigod that's been asleep for a million years. She's a racist space-cop who saw everyone she loved die in a war. Together fight crime!!

... So the ad copy needs some work, but the idea is solid. 

He's a kung-fu demigod that's been asleep for a million years. She's a racist space-cop who saw everyone she loved die in a war. Together fight crime!!

... So the ad copy needs some work, but the idea is solid. 

​That does sound like a buddy cop movie.

Hm. Okay, so buddy cop means they have to be playing off a dissonance. How about Corona has respect for Lor govt and procedures, and Kharag doesn't. Corona's a cop, after all, she wants to track down evidence and have a suspect. Kharag's a gladiator and a warrior-king, and his response to most threats and most problems is to find someone to punch. So let's say the Praetorians need something from a Lor space habitat or Lor colony world, and the bureaucrats are being obstructive. Corona goes to sort it out, and for some reason Kharag comes along. This turns from massaging a functionary's ego and filling out paperwork, into a proper criminal investigation and Corona has to restrain Kharag from just ripping off heads until the problem goes away.

Kharag's other method is brute force psionic interrogation but that's just not an optimal solution as it is both horrible and something he loathe to do. Also I think that Lor Mentat would be quite surprised at what Kharag can actually do, psionics-wise.