Graduation Proclamation: Sound and Fury

The topheavy bounty hunter screwed up his face so she eyes appeared as only slit’s and gave a grimace as he pulled a lever on his oversized gun, causing it to make a power-up noise.

“I guess we’ll do this the old fashioned way then. I believe you Earth people have a tradition of ladies first.”

The shimmering field seemed to dim to almost nothing and hummed very faintly, it wouldn’t apparently take much more to take down the field.

“Erm we’re not very good with technology. There’s a hologram here and the bars around are almost at nothings, that’s good isn’t it?”

In the background Endeavour could make out the faint voice of the other captive apparently whispering to the other.

“We should tell her about the object, maybe they could keep it safe?”

Endeavor holds out her EM wand, it's head adjusting, tweaking it's electromagnetic influence of the field as Endeavor finally matches it's frequency, then she grins. "Now all I have to do is reverse the polarity of the Ion flow..." She says, matching the field frequency in it's exact opposite like a sound wave, and the field breaks. "By Pertwee's Cape it actually worked!"

Sakurako ran into the downed ship, ready for casualties, and for even more suprises. "I wonder why this is turning into a brew-ha-ha... I'd better start getting some answers soon... no one hurts my classmates right before their graduation and gets away with it!" She said, looking back at where her classmate was about to get into the fight of her life. "I'll do my part, Glam... Just survive so we can have that match later..." She whispered, before continuing onward...

• 1 month later...

Thaelia cracked her knuckles.  Truth was, she had no problem with negotiations breaking down.  At the end of the day, the Atlantean was always looking for a fight.  And if all other attempts at avoiding do so break down.  Well, there's a reason Atlantean diplomacy went hand in hand with warfare.

"So be it.  The Daughter of the Seas will impart upon you a gift most generous."  Charging forward Thaelia swung wide throwing an uppercut in acceptance of the invitation to settle the discourse with blows.  The sound of her fist cutting through the air was hard to miss as she aimed towards the man's chin.  Despite being such a wide swing, she was still merely feeling out the water so to speak.  The Atlantean demigoddess had yet to start swinging full force.  Needing to be certain that the man could take as big of a beating as he gave out.  

It wouldn't do if she turned someone into tomato paste on her last day of school.

The bounty hunter took the hit with only the slightest of a sway, somehow managing to stay on his tiny little feet. He smiled and appeared to be unharmed, though Glamazon could see a faint trickle of his purple blood from the side of his mouth. Then in one fluid motion he drew from his back the almost impossibly sized rifle and firing a burst of energy. It looked impressive but the bolt flew wide causing some damage to an unfortunately nearby tree.

Near the craft thing were going well and the forcefield went down with a little whine as it powered down. Now all that was left was the ship's airlock and that should be able to open with just a flick of Endeavours wands.

Sakurako sighed with relief as the last of the field vanished and she could proceed. The airlock was suprisingly simple by her assessment, a mag-locked pressure-seal. Something her wand could easily force open once she found the right frequency. It was obvious this ship wasn't going to fly again, perhaps, so having a airlock that refused to close after being jimmied open wasn't much of an issue. Then again if it needed closing that could be done just as easily.

She looked about the ship, trying to find the aliens.

Glamazon took on a classic medium forward stance.  Her left fist tucked close to the chin.  Her dominant hand stretched out to feel distance.  Then with quickness and without warning she swatted out a light jab.  Confirming exactly how tough the bounty hunter was.  Of course a light jab from the Atlantean princess was still the equivalent of a mach truck crashing right into one's face.  So that may not have been much comfort.

Regardless of whether his head snapped back or not, the Glamazon's smile mirrored his own.  "Perhaps you need a warning of where my punches are seeking.  The next blow shall strike true in your kidney.  The one after that will be the last, your chin will crumble against the fist of a Princess of Atlantis.  Prepare to stew in your hubris, fiend."

For all his impressive build Delfeil seemed to have a glass jaw, or maybe it was his tiny feet, for with only a single blow the alien bounty hunter crumpled. Not that Glamazon blow wasn’t powerful as it was, the creature flew a few feet back into the poor wounded tree from before.

Endeavour was having a similar easy time with the airlock rumbling open with a suitably mechanical sound. The first things to come out of the craft was a dozen or so small spherical devices that zipped around the area before finding suitable locations to hover. They didn’t seem aggressive and had the feel of some kind of recording device.

The with a some trepidation he alien appeared who looked to all the world like giant insects. They chittered  with their mandibles which after a few seconds some kind of translator broadcast into English.

“Thank you so much for you help. We ask for your protection.”

Insects... fascinating, and possibly in danger... if they stepped into our atmosphere, if they still breathe like earth insects they might not be able to get enough oxygen, or be in dire straights...

"I understand. I am not a representative of this planet, unfortunately, but I am a rescuer." She said, holstering her EM-Wand and holding up her empty hands. "I am Endeavor. Are either of you substantially injured enough to require medical assistance, or have any atmospheric needs that must be addressed before you are evacuated from this ship? Do you have intact space or environment suits for your environment if so? I wouldn't want to lead you out of danger only to have you end up in danger." She said.

She was glad her helmet was up. There was a reading that the O2 levels were abnormally high, of course that could mean the internal environment of the ship might be using more pure O2 than normal. Something she expected with exoskeleton-bearing life forms.

"Glamazon..." Sakurako said over her commlink silently with her datalink, Her voice sounding machine-like. "...the atmosphere in here is a high oxygen content, any flames might erupt. Proceed with caution."

She looked back to the aliens, waiting for their response.

Glamazon's fist was already in the motion for its next blow by the time the alien had already crumpled to the ground.  The Atlantean princess found herself disappointed that he couldn't entertain her for at least a few seconds.  But, they didn't come to Wharton just so Thaelia could get some light exercise in.  Sakurako's voice helping to remind Thaelia of this.

Crouching down she picked up the unconscious top heavy bounty hunter and proceeded to make a return dash for the ship.  Not exactly sure of how oxygen would cause an explosion.  But, she wasn't going to start arguing with the science types now on that sort of thing.  "I shall be most prudent in my choice of actions.  I vested a being claiming to be a bounty hunter after something they stole with ease.  Our innocents in need may not be entirely innocent."  She replied over the private communication. 

"Thing is we don't have all the pieces of this puzzle anyways, so this might just be as it appears to be as well." Sakurako said over her datalinked comm-link. "I'm just waiting on the appraisal of the alien's condition and their ability for them to operate in our environment. I take it the bounty hunter has been humanely dispatched, and you'll be inbound soon?"

She looked at the aliens. "To be honest, I'm a bit disappointed. Just exo-skeletal insect-type sentients... first aliens I've seen. Was expecting Greys or something."

The two aliens looked at each other there heads to one side in the strange way that only insects could do the chittered to each other before looking back at Sakurako.

“We are sorry that we are not exciting enough for you. We will endeavour to try harder in future.” the other added more helpfully “We have been in environment like you before, we will be able to cope in the environment.”

They stepped out of the ship there feet touching the soil of the forest churned up by it’s impact.

“We have something that needs to be kep safe are you able to protect this for us?”

One of the insects held a box in it’s main limbs.

"What is it? From what I know that bounty hunter sorta... wanted you guys for it." Sakurako said. Starting to wonder what the two teenage Claremontians were about to get into. "To be honest if my upperclassman risked injury, you could at least tell us what this is all about... also I was talking through my mind via my digital interface in my suit... you can read radio waves?" She said, quirking an eyebrow.

"See, now you became interesting. Very interesting." She said with a grin.

She turned her comlink to normal mode. "Seems these guys can pick up on radio waves too, Glamazon. They also seem to be alright with the outside environment, but with the change of O2 we'd better keep things easy... that and they've got a... box."

• 2 weeks later...

We are sorry we do not much dealing with sophonts...”

“...not until he came and enslaved our people.” the conversation flowed between the two insectoid creatures they sounded generally sorry about the intrusion

“He came a took our people to do terrible things...”

“...but we escaped and we have to means to recover our people.”

The one at the back patted the case they were carrying in the main arms, and rather pleased look on his face.

“We have the key to recover them and bring our people back to our home planet....”

"There are people on this planet that can help." Sakurako said, smiling. "I'm just a child of the human species, so I don't have much rank... any to be honest."

"I am glad you are alright and at least my superior is in fine spirits. Seems whoever was hunting you was unaware of the fact there are meta-humans on this world. Sorta feel sorry for the big guy. But I'm glad you're okay. In fact I'm glad this turned out better than expected."

She held out her free hand. "I'm Sakurako. Welcome to Earth. I hope your stay is a uneventful, and fruitful one. Although I think we should get clear of your craft for safety reasons, and I and my superior are going to have to figure some way to get some adults down here to secure your craft."

Edited by Sailor
  • 3 weeks later...

"I could always lift it."  Glamazon confidently stated walking into the area.  Dragging along the bounty hunter with one hand.  Having missed the entirety of their conversation she was quick to ask Endeavor for an update on the situation.  "Have you uncovered whether our visitors or friend or fiend?  This being claims them to be thieves. I have no quarrel with aiding one in need.  But, I shall have no part in the larceny most grand."

The Atlantean looked down at her captive once more.  He was a relatively easy capture.  But that did not mean he would not prove dangerous if left completely unattended.  "Do you perchance have a means of entrapment for this man?"  The question had no real intended recipient.  Willing to take the help of the supposed thieves if need be in securing her quarry.

"He's a bounty hunter, I'd wager he has his own restraints. Just make sure you own the keys, not him. In fact if we can take the time to strip him down to whatever clothing he has under his kit, the better... followed by a frisking to look for anything hidden to break a restraint. As for this ship it stays in place. We don't want to carry something that could potentially explode on us."

She adjusted her suit a little. "From what these two told me, they escaped from enslavement, and that box holds the key to their species' freedom. I'm wagering that bounty hunter was hired to bring these two back with the box." Endeavor said, looking around, holding the box. "To be honest I am highly, highly uncomfortable holding something that could bring nastier aliens down on this planet."

"And, I wager unlilke that guy over there you're 100%, Glamazon?"