Duplication questions!

Crowdsource

Hello! I'm new to Mutants and Masterminds, and was hoping somebody with more experience in the system - and the board - could have a look at my power and see if I'm doing something terribly wrong, lame, or otherwise sucky before I go ahead with polishing up my character. She's intended to be a Multiple Man-esque Duplicator, who can make semi-autonomous clones to scout out things, gather information, and the like. The general idea was that she'd be able to spawn random people - faces in a crowd - who, like her, are not especially great at combat (with the exception of maybe being good at grappling and subduing street-level criminals). As her powers are from an industrial accident that changed her chemical composition slightly - which is made stable by contact with water - the idea was that her clones would disappear in the rain/under a hose and being soaked would nullify her ability to make more. Anyway, here's what I have so far:

Duplication: 10

Feats: Absorbtion Healing, Progression 5,

Extra: Survival

Drawback: Power Loss (Water) 2

I also took Morph 2, with a Drawback of Limited 1 - Only Clones can morph. So when she makes clones, they can turn into random, non-specific people, but she can't actually change herself. If the Survival Extra from her Duplication power kicked in, the clone would turn back into the original hero, making identification of her much easier for villains. 

What do you think? The whole thing weighs in at about 39 points, and I hope that making just random people is enough to prevent any overlap with other characters, but I'm still slightly wavery on the mechanics of designing this sort of thing. Input appreciated, even if it's to tell me that I'm messing up badly!

M & M weird in that sometime it's better to duplicate, if you pardon the pun, the effect than actually use the power. And I have a soft spot for duplicator, though mine retireed at the moment, who has an array that does the same cheaper
Duplication 8 (16PP Array, Feats: Alternate Power 5) [21 PP]

Base Power: Damage 0 (Extras: Selective Attack, Targeted Area [burst]) [16 PP]

Alternate Power: Communication 3 (auditory, 1,000 ft) [3 PP] and ESP 3 (all senses, 1,000 ft, Feat Rapid (x10)) [13 PP] [16 PP]

Alternate Power: Damage 0 (Extras: Autofire, Secondary Effect) [16 PP]

Alternate Power: Quickness 10 (x2,500) [10 PP] and Speed 4 (100 mph Feats: Wall Run, Water Run) [6 PP] [16 PP]

Alternative Power: Snare 6 (Any Point, any direction Extra: Engulf; Feats: Tether, Indirect 3) [16 PP]

Alternative Power: Super-Strength 8 (Lifting Strength 66 [Heavy Load : 117 tns] [16 PP]

The full characters here.

Oh. Hm. So you can create clones who have their own powers? That's a pretty awesome idea! I would have thought going with a gestalt for that would have been more point-effective, but then I will admit that I don't know the system. At least I don't have to worry about an overlap with you!

Uh, no. You are not creating separate clones who each have their own powers. You are utilizing differently-named effects (different from Duplication itself) to model having several clones. Damage with an Area is sending all of your guys out to punch everyone in the room at the same time; Communication 3 is sending everyone out to spread the same message. ESP is physically sending a clone out to look at a place and then report back. Super-Strength is having 20 guys to lift a car instead of one. Snare is a dog-pile on one target.

Don't feel bad about cribbing builds! At least two of the characters listed in my signature were lifted wholesale from build threads. The fluffy bits of a character are far more important to us than the mechanics. We're just trying to steer you away from bad, frustrating mechanics that will drive you away from the game.