Possible Gold Status PC (WIP)

N/A

gallery_458_29_24336.jpg
Character Name: ???

Power Level: 12(9) (184/180PP)

Tradeoffs: None (-3 Attack / +3 Damage, -3 Defense / +3 Toughness)

In Brief: The illegitimate mixed-race grandson of the Ultiman called "Superior," an aspiring astronaut turned astrophysicist, using his power to explore the cosmos firsthand and to seek out extraterrestrial threats to Humanity before they come to Earth.

Quote: "Ignorance is what brings Chaos, not Knowledge." -Lucy

Abilities: [8 + 0 + 8 + 6 + 0 + 4 = 26PP]

Strength: 35/18 (+12/+4), 50/18 Lifting (Heavy Load: 12 tons / 300 lbs., up to 95 [6,400 tons] with Cosmic Energy Reserve)

Dexterity: 10 (+0)

Constitution: 30/18 (+10/+4)

Intelligence: 16 (+3)

Wisdom: 10 (+0)

Charisma: 14 (+2)

Combat: [12 + 12 = 24PP]

Initiative: +0

Attack: +6, +8 Cosmic Energy Control

Grapple: +21/+10, up to +30 with Cosmic Energy Reserve

Defense: +6, +3 Flat-Footed

Knockback: 12/2

Saving Throws: [0 + 6 + 8 = 14PP]

Toughness: +12/+4 (+10/+4 Con, +2/+0 Protection, Impervious 12/0, Reflective [Melee] 12/0)

Fortitude: +10/+4 (+10/+4 Con, +0PP)

Reflex: +6 (+0 Dex, +6PP)

Will: +8 (+0 Wis, +8PP)

Skills: [18/20R = 5PP]

Diplomacy 2 (+5)

Knowledge (Physical Sciences) 7 (+10)

Languages 2 (English [Native], German, Spanish)

Notice 5 (+5)

Perform (Oratory) 2 (+5)

Feats: [3PP]

Accurate Attack

Interpose

Takedown Attack

Powers: [34 + 20 + 11 + 1 + 11 + 25 + 1 + 5 + 11 = 119PP]

Cosmic Energy Control 16 (32PP Array, Feats: Alternate Power 3, Drawbacks: Power Loss [Daka Crystals, Uncommon]) [34PP]

Base Power: [25 + 6 = 31PP]

Enhanced Strength 17 (Extras: Linked [super-Strength], Feats: Knockback 8 [Effective Damage 20]) [25PP]

Super-Strength 3 (Lifting STR 50 [Heavy Load: 12 tons], Extras: Linked [Enhanced Strength]) [6PP]

Alternate Power: [16 + 16 = 32PP]

Create Object 10 (10 cubes, Lifting STR 50 [Heavy Load: 12 tons], Toughness 10, Flaws: Range [Touch], Feats: Accurate, Progression 2 [25ft cubes], Selective, Stationary, Tether) [16PP] (Cosmic Energy Force Constructs)

Super-Strength 8 (Lifting STR 50 [Heavy Load: 12 tons]) [16PP]

Alternate Power: [32PP]

Blast 10 (10 100ft Range Increments, 1,000ft Max Range, Extras: Autofire, Feats: Accurate, Variable Descriptor [Eyes or Hands]) [32PP] (Cosmic Energy Blast)

Alternate Power: [32PP]

Disintegration 10 (10 100ft Range Increments, 1,000ft Max Range, Flaws: Action [Full], Feats: Accurate, Variable Descriptor [Eyes or Hands]) [32PP] (Cosmic Energy Blast)

Cosmic Energy Reserve 9 (18PP Array, Feats: Dynamic Alternate Power, Dynamic Base Power, Drawbacks: Power Loss [Daka Crystals, Uncommon]) [20PP]

Base Power (Dynamic):

Super-Strength 9 [18PP]

Alternate Power (Dynamic):

Flight 9 (10) [18PP]

Enhanced Constitution 12 (Drawbacks: Power Loss [Daka Crystals, Uncommon]) [11PP]

Flight 1 (10MPH, 100ft per Move Action, Extras: Linked [super-Movement], Drawbacks: Power Loss [Daka Crystals, Uncommon]) [1PP]

Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support, Starvation/Thirst) [11PP]

Protection 2 (Extras: Impervious Toughness 12, Reflective Toughness [Melee] 12, Drawbacks: Power Loss [Daka Crystals, Uncommon]) [25PP]

Regeneration 1 (Resurrection 1 [1/week], Feats: Regrowth, Drawbacks: Power Loss [Cannot resurrect while in the presence of Daka Crystals, Uncommon]) [1PP]

Super-Movement 3 (Space Travel 3 [intergalactic], Drawbacks: Power Loss [Daka Crystals, Uncommon]) [5PP]

Telepathy 6 (12PP Array, Drawbacks: Power Loss [Lead, Blocked by 5mm / 1/4 inch, Uncommon]) [11PP]

Base Power: [6 + 6 = 12PP]

Communication 3 (Mental, 1,000ft, Extras: Area, Linked [Comprehend], ) [6PP]

Comprehend 3 (Languages 3 [speak Any/All Simultaneously, Understand All], Linked [Communication]) [6PP]

Drawbacks: [1 + 6 = -7PP]

Vulnerability (Orichalcum, Frequency: Uncommon, Intensity: Minor [+1 DC]) [-1PP]

Weakness (Daka Crystals, Frequency: Uncommon, Intensity: Major [Cumulative -1 to All Abilities], Time Interval: 1/minute) [-6PP]

Totals: Abilities (26) + Combat (24) + Saving Throws (14) + Skills (5) + Feats (3) + Powers (119) - Drawbacks (7) = 184/180 Power Points

Combat Block:

ATTACK          RANGE                 SAVE                         EFFECT
Unarmed         Touch                 DC27/19* Toughness (Staged)  Damage (Physical)
Blast           Ranged (1,000ft Max)  DC25** Toughness (Staged)    Damage (Energy)
Disintegration  Ranged (1,000ft Max)  DC25 Fortitude (Staged)      Drain Toughness
                                      DC25 Toughness (Staged)      Damage (Energy)
Create Object   Touch/Area            DC20 Reflex                  Trapped

* Effective Damage 20/4 for Knockback purposes.

** Autofire.
Edited by ShaenTheBrain

Digging the costume's look.

I'm enjoying the whole "mixed-race son of Superior" thing. I would be correct in guessing you mean Prime's Superior, yes? If so, that makes things extra fun, since that would make him the half-brother of Ultiwoman, and the (soon to be maybe depending on when we get around to it) half-brother-in-law of Cobalt Templar!

Build seems pretty solid, offhand. Pretty straightforward blasty Kryptonian type, really. I'm guessing you're looking to expand Telepathy to more than 1 power later on? Since right now, it's technically an Array but can't "switch" to anything?

Thanks. I really wanted the costume to invoke this trope (about the only color trope I haven't played with yet), and the cape definitely invoked it. I wound up going with basic black for the body because anything other than black or white seemed to combine with the cape to be visually overwhelming. Even having the opposite-wheel gold as more than minor accents seemed too busy. Definitely open to input on the costume design. Visual design has never been my strong suit (I even think in text).

Yeah, I meant Earth-Prime Superior. The idea was that he was Kal-Zed's illegitimate grandson, with Mom having fled Germany during or after WWII and having kept the biological father's identity a secret. I did the math and realized the timing would line up perfectly. It wasn't until after I brainstormed it in chat that I learned that you guys had decided that Quo-Dis's was his daughter, and he'd be her nephew. (If I do end up using this guy, lemme know if that backstory, or this guy's powers, are too much overlap with Cobalt Templar and/or Ultiwoman. That did cross my mind.) I was just thinking that most Ultiman PCs and NPCs grew up in Ultima Thule, so it's be an interesting twist to have one who grew up among normal humans, totally ignorant of his Hyperborean origins. He's basically an Invincible homage, with the Ultimans (and Superior in particular) as the Viltrumites. Superior's bastard child having then paired up with a brown person is just sticking it to him that much more for my personal amusement.

Yes, straightforward blasty Kryptonian type is exactly it, with Samaritan's energy web for added utility. I don't have any straightforward flying bricks, and I haven't gotten to play around much with Create Object, which has always been one of my favorite M&M powers (it's so versatile it's practically a variable pool!). The only purpose of the telepathy is for ease of communication while in open space. No plan to expand upon it. I just like the array bookkeeping style, and find it easier to power stunt off of it when I have it written out like that.

Didn't like having to take drawbacks, and would probably buy them off first, but, y'know, points. They're straight-up Superman. But drawback or complication, it just doesn't feel right to give him this much raw power without having one or two Achilles Heels.

Haven't decided if I want to do this guy or bring back Thrude when I hit my next vet reward tier (8PP away...). Figured I'd get him on paper.

Thanks. I really wanted the costume to invoke this trope (about the only color trope I haven't played with yet), and the cape definitely invoked it. I wound up going with basic black for the body because anything other than black or white seemed to combine with the cape to be visually overwhelming. Even having the opposite-wheel gold as more than minor accents seemed too busy. Definitely open to input on the costume design. Visual design has never been my strong suit (I even think in text).

Well, I'm not the best costume designer around here, but offhand my only suggestion would be a bit of something on the lower torso-ish. Not necessarily outside-undies, but maybe a simple pattern right above the belt to break up the black a bit more. Otherwise I think it works really well.

Yeah, I meant Earth-Prime Superior. The idea was that he was Kal-Zed's illegitimate grandson, with Mom having fled Germany during or after WWII and having kept the biological father's identity a secret. I did the math and realized the timing would line up perfectly. It wasn't until after I brainstormed it in chat that I learned that you guys had decided that Quo-Dis's was his daughter, and he'd be her nephew. (If I do end up using this guy, lemme know if that backstory, or this guy's powers, are too much overlap with Cobalt Templar and/or Ultiwoman. That did cross my mind.) I was just thinking that most Ultiman PCs and NPCs grew up in Ultima Thule, so it's be an interesting twist to have one who grew up among normal humans, totally ignorant of his Hyperborean origins. He's basically an Invincible homage, with the Ultimans (and Superior in particular) as the Viltrumites. Superior's bastard child having then paired up with a brown person is just sticking it to him that much more for my personal amusement.

Son, grandson, amusement remains.

As for overlap, not really. You're free to scope out Quo-Dis's sheet in the NPC forum but this guy's different enough that's not a big deal, and the potential family drama is absolutely hilarious to me.

Yes, straightforward blasty Kryptonian type is exactly it, with Samaritan's energy web for added utility. I don't have any straightforward flying bricks, and I haven't gotten to play around much with Create Object, which has always been one of my favorite M&M powers (it's so versatile it's practically a variable pool!). The only purpose of the telepathy is for ease of communication while in open space. No plan to expand upon it. I just like the array bookkeeping style, and find it easier to power stunt off of it when I have it written out like that.

Didn't like having to take drawbacks, and would probably buy them off first, but, y'know, points. They're straight-up Superman. But drawback or complication, it just doesn't feel right to give him this much raw power without having one or two Achilles Heels.

Haven't decided if I want to do this guy or bring back Thrude when I hit my next vet reward tier (8PP away...). Figured I'd get him on paper.

Fair enough on all points. I think it's really solid all around. I think this guy or Thrude could be fun, either way.