Voice of the People

Vicki stood back looking at the odd assortment of students gathering here.  She definitely would have to remember this location as THE place to meet up.  On the down side, not that there was more than a couple of people, her ability to communicate was limited.  Not from any lack of desire, but by the time she was able to enter a message into her phone, the conversation had typically moved on and her mental abilities seemed to only work one person at a time.

So she nodded in agreement and signed that they were going to walk over to the registration office.  Hoping that someone there would know what she was trying to communicate.

“Maybe you talk to one of the tech heroes about a voice box maybe? That if you want  there are some people I’d prefer keep quiet sometimes.” Blodeuwedd gave a little indication if she was serious or not as she carefully spelt out her name for Hestina

“This is my final year here so it’s strange you’ve not seen me around, but I do tend to blend into the background sometimes. I believe you paperworks all sorted so shall we get you all settled into your rooms.”

With that you gently began to hustle towards their destination.

She hadn't quite thought of that before, although with a school of heroes and heroes in training, there was bound to be some kind of Mad Scientist types around she considered as they walked through the manicured grounds.  She whistled, another sound she was able to make, Claremont was certainly better maintained than any of the base schools that she had attended.  With spring in full bloom, the cherry blossoms were brilliant white and the fragrance was nearly intoxicating.  Even as she was tapping a reply into her phone, she was looking all around, drinking in the scenery with her eyes and grinning like a child at Christmas.

Her phone responded, "That's not a bad idea... I should talk to one of them, and yes, I never had to worry about the Children should be seen and not heard quote.  Well once, a lady my mom had for tea.  She was mortified when she found out I was mute and I got tons of cookies from her for weeks after."

Then one last quick message, "you're graduating this spring?"

Well, Eileen certainly couldn't dispute the fact that this Blodeuwedd had an accent nearly thick enough to chew at times, but having a senior to follow around wasn't at all a bad thing.  Someone familiar with the facility was definitely an ally to cultivate.

Mind you -- in a few months she would be a senior, and pity the poor underclassmen who expected her to show them around this place!

"If you don't mind me asking," she added on the heels of Vickie's question, "what have you got planned for after this?" she asked curiously.  "I mean, did going to school here get you ready for some sort of superhero occupation?  Or is it a good school for getting into the university you want?" she elaborated.  She knew that Claremont was supposed to help get a handle on her powers and knowing when to use or not use them -- but really, where did they guide you apart from that?