Phantasmo Hmmmed. Normally, he would just 'port in, do the whole "Terrify" thing, get shot up a whole bunch, then apprehend them while they were staring dumbfounded as the bullets did nothing...buuuuut that wouldn't work here. "Well, bullets aren't really a problem for me, ducky,"  he told Wildcat. "Being already dead and all. You do make a good point, though...I wonder..." The magician stroked his goatee as he thought, then eyed each of his companions in time. "What we need, more than anything, is a convenient - but subtle - distraction. I can't do it, of course - being a showman, I'm about as subtle as a brick to the nadgers, as my dad used to say."  

He looked to Coil. "Coil, old man - tell me, how accurate are those electrical whips of yours? D'you think a convenient electrical failure might help? We slip in while the darkness is in and take them out real quietly...or rather, YOU do, addressed - " he turned to Wildcat. "...I hate to put you on the spot, ducky, but you're probably the most stealthy amongst us. The Illustrious wolf-woman being...well, a great bloody wolf woman, no offense." He shot an apologetic look in Skaere's direction. "And me being a grand showman, of course. Subtle isn't really my 'forte'". He made air quotes around that last word. 

"It's an idea, anyway." he stated simply, waiting for the others to give their input. 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At Phantasmo's suggestion, Coiled Lightning shrugged, "Do you want me to blow the transformer and take out power throughout the whole block? I can probably do that, but maybe I can just cut the line to the house without electrocuting myself." He was a little concerned by that idea, he knew the whip could put out a lot of power, but he'd never tried connecting it directly to power lines.

"But finding SOME way to sneak in there and remove the guns before they can be used sounds essential." He also looked at Wildcat as the obvious sneaker.

Even though they were doing so because he could do something they couldn't -- because they needed him -- Wildcat's hackles rose at being put on the spot and at the focus of attention.  Impressive, since he essentially lacked hackles in any real sense, but he didn't let that stop him.

"...yes, I can do stealthy," he growled in reply after a moment.  "Lights out won't even bother me either," he admitted, which would definitely be of use in a case like this.  "Can't say as I'll be able to deal with all the guns before anyone goes to use one, though," the young feral pointed out.  Especially since a number of the guns inside the building were being actively carried by criminal types.

"Still, with the lights out, I'd have a huge advantage in there," he admitted.  "And once they start trying to make a break for it--" and he didn't doubt they would, after the beatings started crooks pretty much always tried to quit the scene "--you guys will be able to pick them off as they come out, right?"  It wasn't an airtight plan, but it was relatively simple, and had the benefit of leaving most of the important work in his hands, where he was most comfortable with it.

Ok, so maybe a distraction wasn't a half bad idea. Yeah she could heal, and it sounds like Phantasm can't die.... again.... but the others didn't have that advantage.

She looked to Phantasm and shrugged. "No offense taken. It's true. Though really it makes me a sorry excuse for a wolf." She laughs a bit, lookin between them as they plot.

"I can't see too well in pitch black but cut the power and I could probably still get around. Cutting the power will make a good distraction but it might also make em paranoid."

• 2 weeks later...

Even though they were doing so because he could do something they couldn't -- because they needed him -- Wildcat's hackles rose at being put on the spot and at the focus of attention.  Impressive, since he essentially lacked hackles in any real sense, but he didn't let that stop him.

"...yes, I can do stealthy," he growled in reply after a moment.  "Lights out won't even bother me either," he admitted, which would definitely be of use in a case like this.  "Can't say as I'll be able to deal with all the guns before anyone goes to use one, though," the young feral pointed out.  Especially since a number of the guns inside the building were being actively carried by criminal types.

"Still, with the lights out, I'd have a huge advantage in there," he admitted.  "And once they start trying to make a break for it--" and he didn't doubt they would, after the beatings started crooks pretty much always tried to quit the scene "--you guys will be able to pick them off as they come out, right?"  It wasn't an airtight plan, but it was relatively simple, and had the benefit of leaving most of the important work in his hands, where he was most comfortable with it.

Phantasmo clapped the young feral on the back and conjured up one of his razor-sharp playing cards. "You leave the guns to old Phantasmo, duckie - I'll make 'em disappear faster than you can say "Abracadabra." He paused awkwardly and quickly removed his hand. "Oop - er, sorry, mate."

He 'ported over to Skaere and gave her a once-over, clicking his tongue and running a hand down his beard. "...Well, you have the most "Muscle" of all of us, duckie - I'm no slouch in that department, but I do believe you have me beat..." He looked over to the other heroes. "What do you think, lads? Send her in after the guns have been taken care of and the brunt of the bastards have been taken out? Or have her interrogate some of them?" He turned back to the wolf woman. "What do you think? 

• 1 month later...

Skaere snorted out a laugh and in her hybrid form it sounded a lot like a muted bark. "Yeah. I'd say I'm the muscle oddly enough." She smiles wide, watching Phantasmo and his calculating gaze. "I am all for busting in there and stirring them up. Not much of an interrogator but I can always try and intimidate 'em a bit." She looked to the other two, hoping the plan has their approval as well. "Maybe give Wildcat time to sneak in and flank them. It’s harder for them to shoot at us if they are trying to fire in both directions at once. Plus if they try and run the only way they can go is toward me."