First character, help with the crunchy bits~

Lacey

Hey all, new here.  Some of you have probably seen me lurking in chat, to those who haven't, Hiiiiiii.  Anyway, I'm still working on the backstory/roleplay parts (I have most of it in rough draft format, but for some reason how/where to start it is giving me trouble) but people pointed out I could toss the stat part up to help make it... not suck.

And fair warning, there's probably a big error somewhere because I have 18 extra PP that I shouldn't have.  Which means I fail at simple math or I forgot to put something in.  I'll be going over it more thoroughly tomorrow, but it should be enough to start streamlining at least.  I hope.

Player Name: Lacey
Character Name: The Hare
Power Level: 10 (150/150PP)
Trade-Offs: +4 Attack / -4 Damage, +4 Defense / -4 Toughness
Unspent Power Points: 0

In Brief: Currently just a rabbit totem (Like spider-man, but you know, a bunny) but aiming to grow into a sort of urban shaman/modern hedgewitch (Like a powered batman, but instead of money and gadgets she has magic and well... magical gadgets.)

Complications:

Prey-Like Instincts:

Ok so leporidae aren't the total pushovers people think they are (probably.  Maybe.) and Lacey is human, but there is some bleedover from her spiritual empowerment and in the end rabbits are rather peaceful herbirvores... so -Not quite sure how to do this one.  Auto-fail an intimidation check?  Higher DC's on fear effects?  Sometimes gets caught in fear stuff that isn't targeting her?-

Abilities: 2 + 8 + 4 + 6 + 2 + 6 = 28PP
Strength: 12 (+1)
Dexterity: 18/30 (+4/10)
Constitution: 14 (+2)
Intelligence: 16 (+3)
Wisdom: 12 (+1)
Charisma: 16 (+3)

Combat: 10 + 10 = 20PP
Initiative: +10
Attack: +5 Melee, +5 Ranged, +14 Unarmed
Grapple: +15
Defense: +14 (+4 Base, +10 Dodge Focus), +2 Flat-Footed
Knockback: -3

Saving Throws: 6 + 2 + 8 = 16PP
Toughness: +6 (+2 Con, +4 Defensive Roll)
Fortitude: +8 (+2 Con, +6)
Reflex: +12 (+10 Dex, +2)
Will: +9 (+1 Wis, +8)

Skills: 80R = 20PP

Acro 4 (+14)

Bluff 4 (+7/11 Attractive)

Climb 4 (+5)

Computers 4 (+7)

Disguise 4 (+7/11 Attractive)

Gather Information 4 (+7)

Investigate 4 (+7)

Knowledge (Tactics) 4 (+7)

Knowledge (Civics) 4 (+7)

Knowledge (Technology) 4 (+7)

Languages 4 (English[Native], French , Japanese, Latin, Spanish)

Medicine 4 (+5)

Notice 6 (+7)

Search 6 (+9)

Sense Motive 6 (+7)

Sleight of Hand 4 (+14)

Stealth 4 (+14)

Survival 6 (+7)

Feats: 39PP

All-out Attack

Attractive

Attack Specialization (Unarmed) 5

Defensive Attack

Defensive Roll 2

Distract (Bluf)

Dodge Focus 9

Elusive Target

Evasion 2

Fascinate (Bluff)

Grappling Finesse

Luck 3

Move-By Action

Power Attack

Takedown 2

Uncanny Dodge (Hearing)

Improved Disarm

Master Plan

Prone Fighting

Quick Change

Well-Informed

Powers: 1 + 12 + 4 + 12 + 4 +6 +8 = 47PP
All are Mystical in nature

Burrowing 1 (1 MPH) [1PP]
Enhanced Dexterity 12 [12PP]
Leaping 4 (25x Distance) [4PP]
Rabbit Sorcery ( 11PP Array; Feats: Alternate Power 1) [12PP]
[array]Base Power: Luck Control 3 (All Options; Feats: Luck 2) {11/11}

Alternate Power: Animal Control 4 & Comprehend 2 (Animal Control; Feats: Mental Link; Extras: Area [20-ft. Burst, General]; Flaws: Limited to Leporidae;  Comprehend (Animals, Speak to & Understand); Flaws: Limited to Leporidae) {11/11}
Speed 4 (100 MPH) [4PP]
Strike (Bunny-fu) 5 (physical; Feats: Mighty) [6PP]
Super Senses (Hearing: Extended 1; Mental: Danger Sense, Radius 1, Ranged 1; Olfactory: Magical Awareness, Scent ) [8PP]

Drawbacks: (-0) + (-0) = -0PP

Edited by Lacey

Firstly, with regards to tradeoffs they have to be balanced between Attack/Damage, Defense/Toughness.  So, +4/-4, or +6/-6.

Secondly, with regards to tradeoffs, they're limited to +5/-5 according to board rules. :)

Powers add up to 47, not 37.

A minimum of 1/3 of your Defense has to come from basic Defense -- if you have a total of 14, 5 has to be Defense, and 9 can be Dodge Focus.

You have Defensive Roll 5 listed under feats, but +4 under Toughness.  Also, board rules have Defensive Roll not affecting Reflex saves but providing +2 to Toughness per rank.

Edited by Mad Scientist

So, the things Mad pointed out, but in addition:

Combat:

You have the same problem with your unarmed attack as Mad pointed out you have with defense. You need at least +5 from base attack as 1/3 of the total bonus needs to be from base attack.  Also, you want your Attack Spec to be Attack Spec: Strike, not Unarmed.

As you have things right now, your Grapple would be +5 (+4 base, +1 Str), as Attack Spec: Unarmed does not add to that.

Also with your defense, right now you only have Dodge Focus 5, which only adds +5 to defense, so your defense would only be +9 total.

As you have your toughness right now, your Knockback would be -3.

Skills:

Attractive only adds to Bluff and Diplomacy, so would not help your Disguise and Gather Information totals.

There is no Knowledge (Law), you want Knowledge (Civics) which includes law within it.

Feats:

As Mad pointed out, Defensive Roll adds +2 toughness, so you only need two ranks.

Also, I would suggest maybe dropping All-Out Attack in place of Power Attack (so you can trade off more of your attack bonus for damage). But your call.

Powers:

As Mad said, you have 47 pp worth, not 37.

Also, with your Super Senses, are you applying Extended and Radius to Danger Sense? For one thing, I do not believe adding either of those helps Danger Sense in any way. For another, before you can added extended to a mental sense, you first need to make it ranged.

So, final thing, totaling up what you have (and including the correct amount spent on powers) you have spent 162 pp, so you need to find 12 pp of stuff to cut.

Firstly, with regards to tradeoffs they have to be balanced between Attack/Damage, Defense/Toughness.  So, +4/-4, or +6/-6.

Secondly, with regards to tradeoffs, they're limited to +5/-5 according to board rules. :)

Powers add up to 47, not 37.

A minimum of 1/3 of your Defense has to come from basic Defense -- if you have a total of 14, 5 has to be Defense, and 9 can be Dodge Focus.

You have Defensive Roll 5 listed under feats, but +4 under Toughness.  Also, board rules have Defensive Roll not affecting Reflex saves but providing +2 to Toughness per rank.

Bleh, that was more of a major typo  on the tradeoffs, +4/-4 now, thanks.

Ha, simple math.  I fail.  Ty again.

Fixed.

...I've got to stop typing stuff up when I'm tired.

So, the things Mad pointed out, but in addition:

Combat:

You have the same problem with your unarmed attack as Mad pointed out you have with defense. You need at least +5 from base attack as 1/3 of the total bonus needs to be from base attack.  Also, you want your Attack Spec to be Attack Spec: Strike, not Unarmed.

As you have things right now, your Grapple would be +5 (+4 base, +1 Str), as Attack Spec: Unarmed does not add to that.

Also with your defense, right now you only have Dodge Focus 5, which only adds +5 to defense, so your defense would only be +9 total.

As you have your toughness right now, your Knockback would be -3.

Skills:

Attractive only adds to Bluff and Diplomacy, so would not help your Disguise and Gather Information totals.

There is no Knowledge (Law), you want Knowledge (Civics) which includes law within it.

Feats:

As Mad pointed out, Defensive Roll adds +2 toughness, so you only need two ranks.

Also, I would suggest maybe dropping All-Out Attack in place of Power Attack (so you can trade off more of your attack bonus for damage). But your call.

Powers:

As Mad said, you have 47 pp worth, not 37.

Also, with your Super Senses, are you applying Extended and Radius to Danger Sense? For one thing, I do not believe adding either of those helps Danger Sense in any way. For another, before you can added extended to a mental sense, you first need to make it ranged.

So, final thing, totaling up what you have (and including the correct amount spent on powers) you have spent 162 pp, so you need to find 12 pp of stuff to cut.

Lacey has grappling finesse and 30 Dex, so +14 is right.  I think.  Actually +15 now that I added a rank of Attack Bonus >_>

Thank you for the knockback thing, wasn't sure XD

And... huh, attractive IS only those two skills.  I assumed it was all of your cha skills.  Kind of weird that Gather info isn't in there... that seems like a go-to skill for 'I'm pretty, tell me things!'  Thanks.

Oiy.  I meant to have power attack.  Super-duper thanks for pointing that you.

Law Vs.  Civics: Semantics, the bane of my existance (no, seriously)  Thankee.

Super senses:Ah, yeah.  Extended was me trying and failing to make it ranged -_-

How did you come up with 162? 

Anyone have any thoughts on the complication?  I don't really want it to be drawback-levels, but I'm not sure how to make it a good complication.

Sorry, forgot the effect of Grappling Finesse.

Anyway, as to the total PP spent, you have:

Abilities 28 + Combat 20 + Saving Throws 16 + Skills 20 + Feats 39 + Powers 47 = 170 pp (it has gone up based on the changes you made!)

So, now you are 20 pp over budget.

I think her combat traits are cripplingly overspecialized, and her skills are all over the place. Look at the DCs for each skill in the book, then put your total skill bonus to within 10 of the DCs you want to hit. Most of them come in increments of 5. Right now, she'll suck equally at more or less everything, but she won't accomplish much of anything.

It looks like you're invested in Bluff, but not Diplomacy, so I don't think you get anything out of taking Attractive instead of just raw Charisma and Bluff ranks.

With so many Hero Points to burn, you might want to drop some of those situational combat feats. You can burn a HP to gain a normal feat for a round as a Reaction.

She has enough invested in Dex skills and Reflex, and Wis skills and Will, that higher base Dex and/or Wis might be good investments.

Starting off in Stealth, Feinting with a high Bluff, having high Acrobatics and Acrobatic Bluff as a backup for robots and zombies, and Sneak Attack is a fairly cheap way for ATK-tradeoff Badass Normals and Badass Abnormals to hit offensive PL caps.