The Flying Fortress/AEGIS vs. techno-jerks

Ari

I don't think we have to scrap the Flying Fortress idea altogether, maybe it can be recycled as a HQ for a team of superheroes?

As for AEGIS: being infiltrated by an AIM like organization is nice. When I created Nano, I came up with a story about how she was used as a living supercomputer by a hacker-type villain, Cyberskull (think of Mass Effect 2 - Overlord and you'll have a good idea of what I'm talking about). It all was going to be revealed during Nano's origin adventure To Tame an Angel, which unfortunately never started, in which the PCs, on behalf of AEGIS, would bust the secret lab where Nano was held prisoner and would have to walk through all the automated defenses controlled by Nano herself, who had been hacked into thinking the PCs were her enemies.

As you can guess, this all left her with a burning hathred against Cyberskull and his organization - possibly the same ECHO we're talking about here.

Now imagine that some high level guy in AEGIS was contacted by ECHO after the raid. They were very close to unravel the mystery of why Diane was turned into a superhuman being when she got the nanites, while every other test subject devolved into bestial monsters. They're tempting AEGIS with the idea of getting their own super-agents, in exchange for the main test subject.

Or, if we want to keep things on a more manageable level, AEGIS is doing a terrible job in contrasting ECHO. They find out that a few key people inside AEGIS are corrupt, and are acting as double agents, and they have to sniff out the moles before they do something wery dangerous (like planting bombs somewhere, or compromising a very delicate operation, such as protecting a political figure).

If a superhero team wants a flying fortress HQ, they just have to spend the points for it.  Honestly, despite S.H.I.E.L.D it feels like something that would fit a villain group more.  I'm not sure they're honestly so much light as successes as they are simply hardly the focus.  We have few active AEGIS PCs (Argonaut, Titan, and Nano Angel).  Some with loose connections to the organization ( Miracle Girl, Myrmidon, Cannode). But, AEGIS itself is in the background because the setting is' all about that superheroing.

While AEGIS being infiltrated would normally sound like an Inundation thing to me, it's not exclusively a SHADOW threat so let me see what sounds good.  I believe, one good way to go about it is the Trojan horse situation talked about in Agents of Freedom.  AEGIS scientist regularly test supervillain tech to understand and better combat it.  But, this also means the occasional captured device is a trap.  So when it goes through the normal testing process a virus is uploaded to the base's system.  And things go downhill from there.  The organization could have had its members join up with AEGIS to hinder any efforts in finding them from within.  Before finally making a power play and attempting to take over a base.  Perhaps even one of the six AEGIS military bases, which likely has a stockpile big enough to turn a profit.  

If we're working to make sure AEGIS is treated as more "law enforcement" and less "super-paramilitary-spies", one thing to keep in mind is that they'd basically operate like a "super FBI"; that is, they focus on crime done by supervillains and the like. Would this not be accurate?

If that's the case, the ones most likely to try and "corrupt" or "infiltrate" AEGIS, besides SHADOW, would be organized crime. But if AEGIS is mostly cops but with shinier toys, then you have to work angles a bit differently.

(think of Mass Effect 2 - Overlord and you'll have a good idea of what I'm talking about).

I know what you're referring to, souffle_girl, but for those who don't could you add in a little summary of what specifically you mean?