"Rampart did the right thing."  Thaelia corrected her.  If it were just her dealing with Racer, the Atlantean Demigoddess would have settled for attempting to press forward with the confrontation.  Which would have been a loss of intel.  Though assuredly, Glamazon had no concern about coming out of such a fight as the loser.  All Thaelia did was talk to a very angry and confused girl after the foundation had been laid.  Not that anything she said seemed to help, just confuse her further.

Racer was a friend to Cho beforehand.  Though the Atlantean wasn't sure about what WYRM's brainwashing activity meant.  She reasoned at the very least.  "One of my comrades was replaced by a machine during this Wrath Day the surface was outraged by, the machination led to a fractured sense of trust among those who know her.  This was before I made their acquaintance, mind you.  Yet, the awkwardness lingered upon our first meeting.  The reason I choose to digress with this tale.  Is to show how fractured trust is not easy to repair.  Whatever measure of political aspiration this Grant has, if he is responsible for such pain he shall be brought to justice."

The idea of a Wander robot was pretty cool though.  Thaelia wondered if she could get one commissioned.  Actually, Erin probably wouldn't like that.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of days after the events at the DeWitt Building, the Freedom League delivered a message to Rampart from Racer. 

"Cho - 

They are taking care of me here. I will see you again when you are done with school - and then we will find our friends. 

Your friend."

And then, in careful Roman characters, she'd written her name and the words SOON.