GM

UC San Diego; San Diego, California
Wednesday, February 18th, 2015, 4:04 PM

Giang Trang's was no less active outside of the comforts of Freedom City.  The Environmental Systems Major was always on the move in one way or another.  In the interim between her classes she had only had enough time to make it back to her apartment for a quick change before heading out.  Being a lifeguard was a seasonal occupation, but a need for pay was not equally so.  And if it wasn't for the man laying outside the entrance to her dorm Giang may have had a shot of finishing another workday.

He was badly injured in jaguar print loincloth, which even in Southern California was less than conspicuous.  The lacerations throughout his body were made all the more concerning by the fact that he seemed to not be actively bleeding despite how fresh they seemed.  Instead the wounds seemed to be cauterized.  With matching burn marks to show for it.  

-

Bayview; Freedom City, New Jersey
Wednesday, February 18th, 2015, 7:04 PM

It was a normal quiet evening in Freedom City.  Or as quiet as Freedom City got.  The sky was blue, the birds were chirping.  Everything was copacetic...with one small issue.  There was a gigantic, even in scale of dinosaurs, Tyrannosaurus Rex charging through Bayview.  Vehicles scrambling to get out of the creature's way.  Some parked cars already had the unfortunate opportunity of meeting the creature's maw.  

The neighborhood famous for the sheer number of superpowered teen hero appearances within its confines was no stranger to having a bit of the unusual rampage here and there.  The news copters were able to get into position to capture the footage so quickly it might have been a record with a number of local stations having running their traffic feeds.

Not that one needed to be paying attention to the news to catch the commotion.

Giang Trang stopped briefly at the sight of the strangely dressed man outside the entrance to the small apartment she rented near campus. The man's garb was rather familiar, and though it seemed highly unlikely someone from the Lost World would easily end up here in Southern California, the Asian teen knew that the unlikely tended to happen much more often in connection to people like her.

But regardless of whether he was from the Lost World or just a SoCal surfer who happened to like the jungle look, he was injured, and Giang's first aid training kicked in. Moving over near him, she sat down her backpack and began to look over his injuries. "Are you alright? What happened?" She asked.

There were days Corbin Hughes found hero work tiring and unrewarding. Or even boring. This was not going to be one of those days.

After all, "most days" didn't involve getting to punch a Tyrannosaurus Rex in the face. And even better, he was going to do it in style.

"Hey! Scaleface! How about you and me tango!"

A large armored man in blue with red accents slammed to the ground a couple of blocks in front of the ancient predator, somehow still managing to not even nick the pavement in his dramatic landing. He stood up, and those close enough (or with high-powered lenses on their cameras) could see he was smiling like a maniac. The hero, one Cobalt Templar, threw his arms out to the side and gave a big, hearty, belly laugh.

"Time to wrestle, big guy!"

As he spoke he was running forward, and as he was running forward, his form was shrouded in flames that flared up around him before swirling and revealing the form of a giant blue gorilla. Maybe not as giant as the T-Rex, but this gorilla was clad in medieval-style armor, so that probably counted for something. The gorilla-construct gave a roar and showed its teeth as it charge forward, now using all four limbs.

A roar from her armor's jump pack signalled Mechanized's appearance on the scene, as she landed near the huge dinosaur in a cloud of dust and smoke, piloting her trademark ten feet tall black battlesuit, bristling with high-tech weaponry. Just in time to register a blue armored hero jumping in melee with the beast.

"Looks like the show started without me!"

Emily pointed her Force Cannon at the creature and was about to take a shot when the man suddenly turned into, or maybe summoned, a large blue armored gorilla, of all things!

The girl was dazzled for a moment, before pointing her gun again, her armor's computer tracking the two fighters.

"At least, I won't be the one going toe to toe with a dinosaur this time."

Blodeuwedd sat on a nearby rooftop crouched down surveying the city below her. It was telling at how long Blodeuwedd had been in this city in that the sight of a T-Rex didn’t phase her in the slightest, and it wasn’t the first T-Rex she’d seen either.

In an instance she was on her feet running alongside the beast until she felt she was close enough to launch herself off of the building to, hopefully, land upon the creature. After all it worked the last time she fought a T-Rex.

Glamazon had the same idea as Blodeuwedd.  Simply going about it in a louder fashion.  Leaping from rooftop to rooftop she quickly crossed a prodigious distance from the end opposite of Cerys.  Finally flying through the air as she catapulted towards the dinosaur.  Her eyes widening with excitement at the sight of the energy Gorrilla.  Mechanized was out of her line of sight.  Which was for the best, had Thaelia seen the woman in the battlesuit once more her excitement could not be containe.  The seen in front of her was in a surface word...awesome.

"I present to you the gift of battle fiendish saurian!"  Glamazon roared as she came crashing down towards the Dinosaur's back as well.  It seemed like a  good plan in her mind.  And since Cerys had a similar course of action Thaelia had no reason to doubt this plan.  Even as she came towards the back of the massive creature.

• 1 month later...

A rampaging dinosaur was not the normal, even in Freedom City, but at the moment it wasn’t causing any harm to people around. And until it did she didn’t want to hurt the poor creature.

Settling on the creatures head she sat down on top of ti’s skull, being a T-Rex she was pretty sure it couldn’t reach her with it tiny arms, and she put her leg’s either size of it’s massive head.

She wasn’t 100% sure it would work but her hope was to try and control the direction of the beast leading it away to somewhere it could be safely deal with.

GM

The injured man looked up meekly at Giang.  Coughing out before recoiling at the sudden pain the act cause.  "None of this is right.  This wasn't the right exit.  Not the one I was supposed to.  Agh.  The Jungle Lord...he sends for aid.  The Lost World has fallen."  His accent was an odd sound to those whom hadn't heard the nomadic tribes of the Lost World speak before.  His eyes glazed over as he fought with consciousness and a possible concussion.

If there was anything to certainly take away from his haze of a statement.  It was that he hadn't purposely chosen Giang's apartment to stop.  In the oddest of coincidences he just happened to have found someone who actually knew Zandar.  Let lone could possibly help.  Once the man's injuries were no longer unaccounted for that is.

• 2 weeks later...

The man's words caught Giang slightly by surprise.  It was an incredible coincidence that this messenger had found his way accidently to her, although she had long learned that such coincidence seemed to follow people like her around more often than normal.   

"Calm yourself."  She stated as she continued her work at dressing his injuries, even as she calmed herself to the task at hand.  "You may not have intended to arrive her, but your journey is not in vain.  I know Lord Zandar and his family well, and have visited your world twice in the past.  Tell me, what has happened, and how can we make our way back?"

• 2 weeks later...

GM

"Truly?  Then all is not lost.  My sister and I.  We came together.  Separated.  I think she made it where we supposed agh."  He winced in pain for a moment.  Taking time to catch his breath as Giang continued treating him in open view.  "My sister and her dinosaur steed.  I believe they made it to Freedom City.  We were separated in the dimensional stream.  Attacked by the invaders soldiers."

"I fought those following me off.  A fight not without cost."  He admitted.  "A woman appeared one day and requested all the cities under the Lost World bow down to her.  She promised that she would bring peace, technology, health, security.  All we had to do is submit.  Everyone refused.  The war took less than a week for her to subjugate almost all the territories.

Only Viracochasuyu," he took a moment to spit after stating the Incan city's name.  "Still stands.  Warriors have been turned to slaves.  Building something for her infernal war machine.  They have birds made of metal and countless soldiers with magical sticks that shoot out a bright energy."

Glamazon buckled on top of the Giant Dinosaur looking forward at Cerys.  Watching as she maneuvered the creature to head...somewhere.  Thaelia actually wasn't sure what the other girl's plan was.  But, she wasn't about to mess it up either.  

"Blodeuwedd.  Would it not be easier to simply punch the beast.  Repeatedly?"  It was an honest question as the Atlantean expertly maintained her balance to walk closer to Cerys.  Though not so close as to ride on its head.  In case it reared back there needed to be someone near enough to punch it.  Though the man in the giant ape made of fire looked pretty threatening as well.

There was something familiar about him though.  As if she had heard about someone who looked like him before.  A thought she had not time to reconcile with the angry T-Rex under tow.

GM

The Giant T-Rex was not compliant in the slightest.  It was following the direction the girl on its head had been diverting it too for sure.  But, it wasn't making it an easy ride to do so.  Buckling and tossing all around.  It actually dropped its head to throw Cerys in the air.  All with the aim of trying to catch her in its deadly maw on the way down.

A task that proved all for naught.  As she rolled down its neck with expert timing before it could launch her.  Climbing back aboard its heard soon after.  Ignoring the creature's furious snarls all the way through.  The T-Rex was clearly upset.  But, taking the bait to go get out of the confines of the crowded cityscape.

Giang continued at her work as she listened to the Lost World tribesman's story.  The Asian young woman frowned slightly as worry and concern filled her for Lord Zandar, Kazra, Lady Korzeel and all the peoples of the Lost World.  From what he described, it sounded as if this conqueror had access to advanced technology, which would explain how shew as able to so easily subjugate most of the Lost World.

"I am Giang Trang.  What is your name?"  She asked as she finished her work.  "And what means did you use to travel here?  Is there a way for us to use it to return to your world?"

• 2 weeks later...

GM

"I am Kuto.  A hunter in Lord Zandar's tribe."  He answered proudly before looking around.  Motioning with his finger for Giang to get near he would engage in a low whisper.  Apparently feeling secretive about how he arrived.  "I can track anything.  The pathways between worlds.  Distortions.  If it exists I can locate it."

It wasn't the most elaborate gift.  But, it was easy to reason the worth of a tracker who could safely maneuver in and out of the Lost World.  Depending on how his ability worked it there was probably some hunting applications.  Clearly, used to keeping such knowledge a secret the injured man tensed up as he looked around.  

Relaxing only upon the realization that no one who would honestly be all that interested in using him as a tool would be nearby.

Edited by HG Morrison

Giang had finished binding Kuto's injuries when the hunter had revealed his ability.  While not an ability that could be considered particularly powerful, the Asian young woman recognized it as one that could be of very great importance, particularly in a society such as that which existed in the Lost World.   

Or at least once existed.  She had to say to herself, even as she hoped that it was not too late to save the fascinating societies she had had the privilege to visit twice before.  

"That is certainly a useful ability."  She replied quietly as she helped Kuto back up to his feet and the led him back into her apartment.  "Do you feel well enough to try to go find your sister?  Then we can see about gathering some help to take back to help Lord Zandar and the rest of your world."

She might not be showing it but she was actually enjoying herself riding high in the head of the dinosaur, not many people could say they spent the day steering a dinosaur around the city. And it must be pretty annoyed with it’s tiny arms it’s had no way to get her off, unless it dropped and rolled and she was ready for that as well.

“I know you’re keen to fight this beast but I don’t want to fight a couple of hundred ton of dinosaur with other people around. Let’s jut get it where no one could get hurt.”

• 1 month later...

GM

The T-Rex followed Cerys lead without issue.  It tore through parked vehicles.  Narrowly smashed into buildings.  Yet, it managed to avoid harming a single person.  Lured as far North as it possibly could be led, they found themselves facing the South River.  The bridge nearby.  Soon a loud roar filled the air, deafening even the sounds of angry Jersey drivers expressing their displeasure at the sudden increase in traffic.  Only it wasn't the T-Rex that made this noise.

The T-Rex came to a complete stop.  In the distance, on top of the hoods of a nearby car, was a young girl holding a spear.  Her hair was wild and unkempt.  The spear looked as if it belonged to someone older.  Still she poised it overhead with both arms at the girls on top of the T-Rex  "Get off, Kuchuk"  It was an odd mix of adorable and threatening of a sight.

----------------

Kuto nodded towards Giang.  He led the heroine deeper into the campus.  Specifically to the Ellen Browning Scripps Memorial Pier.  As usual it was closed to the public.  Which also meant the pair didn't have to worry about too many prying eyes.  As a student Giang had access, though it still meant the injured Kuto would have to sneak through.

"In the water.  I smell a gateway in the water.  We can follow it back homen, and then follow my sister's scent to one that exits near her.  I can only hope she is safe.  Her "pet" can be a little temperamental."

• 1 month later...

“You are lucky we decided to lead Kuchuk away from the populated areas, rather than deal with her were she arrived. Giant monsters aren't unusual in this city, and they don’t tend to do to well.” there was a scolding tone in her voice, but she gently patted Kuchuk as she talked.

With a rather impressive flip she dismounted the T-Rex and landed perfectly in front of the woman.

“How about we start with you explaining how you and this oversized pigeon ended up in Freedom City?”

• 4 weeks later...

GM

"Pigeon?"  The girl holding the spear eyed Blodeuwedd uncertain.  Poised to attack the fact that she was smaller than her spear made the child appear a bit less than threatening.  "Kuchuk is no monster.  Kuchuk is a hunter!"  She proudly called back.  "He says you attacked him!"

When it came to addressing the question posed by Blodeuwedd the girl paused for a moment.  Before asking, "Are you one of the good outsiders or a bad one?"  Spear poised towards the older teen.  Ignoring the fact that in this case the girl and her pet dinosaur would be what qualified as outsiders it took the assumption that regardless of the answer Blodeuwedd would have been honest by the strange child.  "Big brother says to only tell the good ones we need help"

• 4 weeks later...

Blodeuwedd was very good at reading people's body language, a skill she’d honed over the last few years, and she whilst the young girl was coiled like a spring she wasn’t a danger yet. She had occasionally managed non-human’s body language but a T-Rex was a little beyond her skill.

“A simple misunderstanding we only wished to guide Kuchuk somewhere where he couldn’t accidently hurt anyone.” she patted the leg of the giant dinosaur “I promise you that we mean neither yourself of Kuchuk any harm and if you need help we’re do what we can.”