Finder - Folkert - PL 10

Folkert

Why Transform (whole objects into broken objects)? Why not just Blast (Objects only)? Or do you want to make it so the broke object can still function as normal, despite being in pieces?

And how, thematically, do all the powers from the "Cosmic Jewelry" tie together? (And is it just one piece of jewelry, or several?)

Also -- and this is just my personal experience, so it's not 'hard-coded' or anything -- but I've never seen any character with Attractive 4. I've never even seen one with Attractive 3, that I can recall. Attractive 1 is what I see on characters who are attractive and know it/use it; Attractive 2 for character where "Beauty" is an intrinsic part of the character (like Goddess of Beauty/Love, or some versions of Power Girl). Even going strictly by the "skill benchmarks" sidebar, with Attractive 4 that's a +16 bonus on Bluff & Diplomacy skills, which is "Best in the Entire World" level of beauty.

On the other hand, I know some say Beauty = Symmetry/Symmetry = Beauty, and Order and Symmetry do go together fairly well....

Hey, Doc Archeville, thanks for taking a first look but shouldn't you have been up to other things, like some last-minute learning? ;) Hope everything went well.

Trying to answer bit for bit.

Why Transform (whole objects into broken objects)? Why not just Blast (Objects only)? Or do you want to make it so the broke object can still function as normal, despite being in pieces?

This originally comes for a player of mine who wanted to have some "fairy-mischief-blast-instead-of-deadly-destruction-power" and thus went with Transform. (You might have seen my thread regarding this on ATT.) Since I liked the idea behind it and the execution, I borrowed it from him.

I envision the power to function like this: She charges her former stunbolts with cosmic energy and throws them. (Originally I had the range at perception, but found it more fun if she actually missed sometimes.) Due to humans having a different bio-signature, one she is not attuned to, instead of stunning its target when thrown at a living being it does exactly ... nothing. But if it hits an object the effect is drastically different. Discharging its cosmic energy into the material, the projectile has the unexpected side-effect of fracturing the material bounds and thus making the object explode violently if it doesn't have enough mass to dissipate the energy throughout its structure. In theory this could also have happenend back on Dethalia if not for the fact that nearly everything on that planet is infused with a certain amount of cosmic energy (see below) which in turn negates this aspect of her power.

So she couldn't disassemble a car due its mass, but a hit could conceivably rip a door or the hood off or, if she aims well enough, she might even get a tire. A solid metal door would be too much but she could aim for the lock, instead. Though, if it were additionally barred from the other side, she'd be simply out-of-luck. A massive wall is an insurmountable obstacle.

And how, thematically, do all the powers from the "Cosmic Jewelry" tie together? (And is it just one piece of jewelry, or several?)

It's several pieces, including things such as rings, bracelets, chains, ear-rings and ornaments running up both of her arms (under her clothing). She doesn't have to wear the whole assembly, though, certain parts are interchangeable - the Dethalians are rather fashionable and wouldn't want to be caught wearing the same array twice.

How do the powers tie together?

This should be easy: Transform and ESP are provided by the jewelry (which she got after graduating to Peace Officer) as they are necessary for her job - even if they work no longer as originally intended on Dethalia. But even cops need a private life and/or hobbies and since Merayn enjoys speed and running, it gives her the speed power. The combat adjustments stem from the jewelry adapting to Earth being such a dangerous place, quite contrary to her home planet, and thus providing with advanced means to survive ...

Sounds a bit phoney, doesn't it?

Well, that's probably because it's a total fabrication with only strenous connctions to the real truth.

All Dethalians are in fact living batteries of cosmic power, with potentially nigh infinite capacity to develop all kinds of powers. But aren't the nearly limitless applications of cosmic power in fact nothing but another word for ... Chaos? At least the Dethalians in charge seem to think so (and have done so for ten-thousands of years).

Long ago means were developed to limit the average Dethalian's access to his own power: cultural conditioning, pschic wards and even massive use of "re-education" techniques who amount to nothing less than total brainwashing. And that is why Deviants considered such a danger. Not because they disrupt society with their non-orderly ways - which they do, but this is nothing but a nuisance compared to the real danger - but because somehow most Deviants display a vastly increased chance to break through their conditioning. It has has never been scientifically proven why Deviants are cursed this way, but such non-orderly research is forbidden, anyway.

The trinkets every Dethalian receives after graduation and which supposedly allow him "to harness the power of the universe" to assist him in his future field of work are nothing but control devices that allow some of the internally stored (and steadily increasing) cosmic power to be bled off and channeled into minor and non-critical activities. And that is why almost everything on Dethalia is infused with cosmic power because that's exactly what was used in creating it.

As a bonus on the side, these trinkets are also used to increase the difficulty of accessing one's own cosmic power by locking them away further the longer they are worn.

As a Primary class Deviant, Merayn's conditioning is steadily dwindling and enough internal power has leaked through the weakening locks so that her powers have increased way over what should be available to an ordinary Peace Officer, even if they no longer function as she had been "taught". Her subconscious desires have begun to shape her power output and thus the previous flight power, the standard method of movement for the Corps, has been gradually replaced by super running, as guided by her inner love of both speed and sport. At the same time, her subconsciousness started to adept to the growing realization that Merayn was now living on a world so dangerous that it almost defied belief. (Dethalia does not have weapons of any kind and the last violent death happened at least a thousand years ago.) Especially with her perception of Earth shaped by TV, the cosmic power has started to form defensive patterns and strategies she can access, but unfortunately they are only limited. While it could have been something impressive like turning into immaterial energy or even solid Thegasium, her imagination is guided by the primary source of education/learning - human action movies. Coupled with her obsession with guns she would certainly make a fine action hero but nothing more, her full potential still wasted - for now.

Neverthless Merayn is still unable to use her cosmic powers without the jewelry as she continues to believe that they are only granted to her by it. And since willpower is so important in consciously shaping her powers and the remaining locks are still in place, even if weakened, this will change for the time being. (Unless she experiments enough and has the necessary PP to buy the device rabate off.)

Also -- and this is just my personal experience, so it's not 'hard-coded' or anything -- but I've never seen any character with Attractive 4. I've never even seen one with Attractive 3, that I can recall. Attractive 1 is what I see on characters who are attractive and know it/use it; Attractive 2 for character where "Beauty" is an intrinsic part of the character (like Goddess of Beauty/Love, or some versions of Power Girl). Even going strictly by the "skill benchmarks" sidebar, with Attractive 4 that's a +16 bonus on Bluff & Diplomacy skills, which is "Best in the Entire World" level of beauty.

On the other hand, I know some say Beauty = Symmetry/Symmetry = Beauty, and Order and Symmetry do go together fairly well....

I've seen one character with Attractive 4, but he was a god. Literally.

I think you can take that down a bit.

Regarding "canonical" characters with high attractive levels, here's what I compiled from official M&M material:

Thanks to Doc A for reminding me about the "Paragons" sourcebook [regarding firearms]. Here I found the first:

Felicia Dumont - Attractive 4 [Paragons, p. 126-127: A one-eyed woman "born of old money"]

More in the "Time of Vengeance" adventure:

Dam (Blood) - Attractive 6 [ToV, p. 19/59: a "pale-skinned, dark-haired teenage girl clad in regulation Goth attire" with "scars on her body (including her wrists)" from cutting herself and apparently a good number of tattoos and piercings]

Barad (Hail) - Attractive 4 [ToV, p. 32/56: "Talking to Barad is like talking to a grown toddler, one that’s the absolute worst kind of brat.", "just plain nuts" and "is uncontrolled and unleashed emotion"]

The Scarlet Spectre - Attractive 3 [ToV, p. 52: "her revealing costume"]

Well, ToV seems to suffer a bit from inflation, but they are 'out there', even if only a few. :)

The reason I went that high ("Best in the Entire World" was indeed what I was aiming for) is that her incredible beauty and good looks are both her curse and her boon (to a limited extent). She has to "thank" it for her celebrity status, something she didn't really aspire to, but which came with the photoshoots she initially did after being stranded on Earth to earn some money. It also earned her a reputation of being "pretty face with no brain" that still follows her today, not to mention that everybody who ever saw one of her spreads in Time or Glitz magazine thinks he owns a piece of of her. Not that there isn't some truth to it - she was pretty new to Earth at that time and Dethalia didn't exactly favour a broadband education but it galls her to no end that she is still reduced to "that hot blue chick". In the words of Rodeney Dangerfield: "She can get no respect."

That she has become somewhat withdrawn as a result of these experiences hasn't helped her cause at all as she never developed any real people skills by simply preferring to avoid people instead of dealing with them. The one thing she has learned (and mastered) is to manipulate those affected by her looks - something entirely unheard of on Dethalia but it seems to work pretty good with many humans.

This originally comes for a player of mine who wanted to have some "fairy-mischief-blast-instead-of-deadly-destruction-power" and thus went with Transform. (You might have seen my thread regarding this on ATT.) Since I liked the idea behind it and the execution, I borrowed it from him.

I envision the power to function like this: She charges her former stunbolts with cosmic energy and throws them. (Originally I had the range at perception, but found it more fun if she actually missed sometimes.) Due to humans having a different bio-signature, one she is not attuned to, instead of stunning its target when thrown at a living being it does exactly ... nothing. But if it hits an object the effect is drastically different. Discharging its cosmic energy into the material, the projectile has the unexpected side-effect of fracturing the material bounds and thus making the object explode violently if it doesn't have enough mass to dissipate the energy throughout its structure. In theory this could also have happenend back on Dethalia if not for the fact that nearly everything on that planet is infused with a certain amount of cosmic energy (see below) which in turn negates this aspect of her power.

So she couldn't disassemble a car due its mass, but a hit could conceivably rip a door or the hood off or, if she aims well enough, she might even get a tire. A solid metal door would be too much but she could aim for the lock, instead. Though, if it were additionally barred from the other side, she'd be simply out-of-luck. A massive wall is an insurmountable obstacle.

I missed that thread, but from what you're describing, it still sounds like you should have Blast, possibly Limited or with a Drawback to not affecting things of more than a certain mass/weight. I'm almost certain you can't use Transform for what you're describing, any more than you could use Transform (living beings) to heal someone (changing from injured person to uninjured person), but this is just my opinion.

I missed that thread, but from what you're describing, it still sounds like you should have Blast, possibly Limited or with a Drawback to not affecting things of more than a certain mass/weight. I'm almost certain you can't use Transform for what you're describing, any more than you could use Transform (living beings) to heal someone (changing from injured person to uninjured person), but this is just my opinion.

I'm sorry, Doc A., but even after reading your reply a few times, I'm still having some real trouble with understanding it. :(

What I got is the Blast part and this is why I don't like that solution, by the example of a handgun held by someone. A Blast 6 (Limited to Objects) would on average take 5 hits to disable a handgun (standard handgun made of steel = toughness 10 vs. the blast's damage DC of 21). I could of course lower my attack bonus to get a higher save DC but since the average criminal (M&M 2E, p. 226) has already a Defense of 21 for the gun held in his hand, that doesn't seem advisable.

Regarding the Transform power: Are you objecting in general to using it to destroy objects? Or my interpretation of using it on the lock if I can't affect the whole door? Or that I used the 3-points-per-rank cost and instead should use one of the higher ones?

Thanks,

Folkert

What I got is the Blast part and this is why I don't like that solution, by the example of a handgun held by someone. A Blast 6 (Limited to Objects) would on average take 5 hits to disable a handgun (standard handgun made of steel = toughness 10 vs. the blast's damage DC of 21). I could of course lower my attack bonus to get a higher save DC but since the average criminal (M&M 2E, p. 226) has already a Defense of 21 for the gun held in his hand, that doesn't seem advisable.

Wouldn't that be the same Defense you'd need to aim for with a Transform, though? (Though said Average Criminal will be hard-pressed to make the DC 18 Fort save to keep his gun in one piece.)

Regarding the Transform power: Are you objecting in general to using it to destroy objects?

Yes, since Transform cannot be used to cause direct damage (which is effectively what you're doing to the gun or whatever; repairing it would require the same amount of time and tools and skills and etc. as repairing an object damaged by a blast or crushing strength, yes?).

Or my interpretation of using it on the lock if I can't affect the whole door?

This, too, as that would require the Precise feat to affect just a specific part of a target (IMO).

Or that I used the 3-points-per-rank cost and instead should use one of the higher ones?

I'm still thinking on this one. Though I'm mainly leaning towards "this part's okay."

Short preface: Should there have been text under the last quote?

Thanks, Dr. Archeville, I'm definitely seeing clearer now.

Wouldn't that be the same Defense you'd need to aim for with a Transform, though? (Though said Average Criminal will be hard-pressed to make the DC 18 Fort save to keep his gun in one piece.)

Yes, certainly, but with Transform I could afford to go for accuracy as it all it would take was one hit. (And without any kind of save as equipment is transformed automatically, only devices get a save. [uP, p. 92] )

In contrast, the Blast option and its five successful hits (on average) would probably cause nothing but going back to the old real-world maxim "Don't shoot the gun, shoot the perp." ;)

Yes, since Transform cannot be used to cause direct damage (which is effectively what you're doing to the gun or whatever; repairing it would require the same amount of time and tools and skills and etc. as repairing an object damaged by a blast or crushing strength, yes?).

Okay, I can see your point but I'm still left a bit confused. Direct Damage is a problem but turning an object into glass and then shattering it or, even worse, transforming something directly (and continuously) into air or water wouldn't be?

Looks like I'll have to "re-configure" the power then, any suggestions?

This, too, as that would require the Precise feat to affect just a specific part of a target (IMO).

Didn't think of the powerfeat when writing the piece, but that should be quickly alleviated by rearranging points a bit.

Okay, I can see your point but I'm still left a bit confused. Direct Damage is a problem but turning an object into glass and then shattering it or, even worse, transforming something directly (and continuously) into air or water wouldn't be?

Turning it into glass and then shattering it is fine, since the "shattering" part is a separate action. Turning it into air or water... is something that's technically fine, but I'm personally against, as it falls into the realm of "it's fine for a character in a comic book to do, but can easily make for very unbalanced gameplay in an RPG."

The guideline I try go by for Transform is the same as used in the D&D spell Polymorph Any Object. It cannot be used to directly cause damage, nor can it be used to turn a target into something for which the immediate environment is instantly fatal (like turning a person into a deep-sea fish or an anaerobic microbe), but it can change a target into something that can be more easily damaged. Turning someone to stone doesn't harm them (though does make them immobile), but if you break off an arm the target will be very badly damaged, and if you grind the statue to dust the target is dead. However, if you start off by turning the target into a pile of dust, the target is fine, unless something else (like a gust of wind scattering the dust) occurs.

Looks like I'll have to "re-configure" the power then, any suggestions?

I still suggest just going with Blast (PF: Precise, and maybe Penetrating so you can have a chance at damaging things that have a few ranks of Impervious, and maybe even a Linked Affects Objects Drain Toughness [i.e., the Disintegration power]), since that seems closest to the effect of the ability/power you're describing.

Thanks!

Looks like a perception-based Disintegration (limited to objects) might be in order then, though that will be "murder" on anyone opposing her who relies on devices which are not indestructible.

Some questions first, though:

Are there really that many objects with ranks in Impervious ? I know the tank has some, but Disintegration 10 will easily take care of that.

Can I use Corrosion as an AP on Disintegration? (Kind of "the closer the more powerful" the effect is.)

Anything else about the character before I go about re-designing?

Thanks,

Folkert

Thanks!

Looks like a perception-based Disintegration (limited to objects) might be in order then, though that will be "murder" on anyone opposing her who relies on devices which are not indestructible.

Keep in mind you'll need to buy range up twice, once for each effect. So it'd be

Disintegration (some number) (Extras: Range 2/Perception for both; Flaw: Drain Toughness part only affects objects; PF: Precise). Cost: 6pp/rank, +1pp.

Some questions first, though:

Bah! Again with the questions! In my day we played what the GM gave us, and we were glad for it!

Are there really that many objects with ranks in Impervious ? I know the tank has some, but Disintegration 10 will easily take care of that.

Bank Armored Cars have Toughness 11 (Impervious 3). And battleships and aircraft carriers (and tanks) have some Impervious, too. As does anything else the GM decides ;)

Can I use Corrosion as an AP on Disintegration? (Kind of "the closer the more powerful" the effect is.)

I'd have no problem with that.

Anything else about the character before I go about re-designing?

Unfortunately, I cannot say, since the specific things I've been addressing are the only things I've gotten a chance to look over so far!

There is one other AP I'd suggest though, for the "precise targeting of parts of a big device" thing you were mentioning: Nullify. Specifically, Nullify (any one technological-based power at a time). This may even work better (certainly cheaper) than the Disintegrate build above, as I vaguely recall reading somewhere the Nullify used on objects requires the object to be repaired before it can be used again (or maybe that just applied to equipment), though cannot recall where I read this.

Keep in mind you'll need to buy range up twice, once for each effect. So it'd be Disintegration (some number) (Extras: Range 2/Perception for both; Flaw: Drain Toughness part only affects objects; PF: Precise). Cost: 6pp/rank, +1pp.

No problem at all, I haven't forgotten the last time you schooled me on this. :D Cost should even go down to 5pp/rank as I can flaw the Blast also with "objects only".

Bah! Again with the questions! In my day we played what the GM gave us, and we were glad for it!

Sorry, my mother taught me to question everything strange old men say who hand out kites with keys attached to them to fly while they stay "way over there". ;)

Bank Armored Cars have Toughness 11 (Impervious 3). And battleships and aircraft carriers (and tanks) have some Impervious, too. As does anything else the GM decides ;)

Yup, but how often will we see situations like this?

Officer: "Central, we have a 10-91 (bank holdup) here. Additionally one of the suspects seems to be armed with the USS Iowa."

:P

There is one other AP I'd suggest though, for the "precise targeting of parts of a big device" thing you were mentioning: Nullify. Specifically, Nullify (any one technological-based power at a time). This may even work better (certainly cheaper) than the Disintegrate build above, as I vaguely recall reading somewhere the Nullify used on objects requires the object to be repaired before it can be used again (or maybe that just applied to equipment), though cannot recall where I read this.

Very interesting idea, thanks!

Found nothing in the books, so I'll snoop around the ATT a bit.

A suitable power via the Nullify option doesn't seem that easy to build from what I've read so far, so I'll probably leave an AP open for it (to figure it out later) but I won't base the main power on it. For that I'm probably going with something based on the Melt AP from Plasma Control. With a perception-based Power 10 any object with Toughness up to 9 will be immediately destroyed, tougher objects will take another action and truly armored objects like Tanks or APCs require a total 3 actions/actions. Seems like a reasonable fit.

New build will probably come on the weekend.

Regarding the two members of the G'tach in Time of Vengeance with high ranks in Appearance (Blood has Attractive 6, Hail has Attractive 4): according to the author, they're literally "the Devil's candy," so being supernaturally attractive fits (though even he admits it may've been a bit too high).

Found another concern.

She has Speed 2.

And one of the APs on her Comsic Jewelry is "Speed 18 [18 PP] + Super-Movement 10 [Airwalking 2, Surefooted 2, Wall Running 2 (Flaw: Only while moving); Water Running (Flaw: only while moving); Permeate 3 (Flaw: only while moving); 14 PP]"

Which combine to give a Speed of 20 (near-light speed).

Though not prohibited by the rules, a PL 10 character with that does seem a tad bit... odd. Particularly if "Speedster" isn't her primary role/shtick.

However, the associated Super-Movement powers are what truly unbalance it.

A) The Permeate lists no substance she cannot go through, which I'm 99% sure won't go over here.

B) Air Walking 2 lets you move at your normal speed horizontally, and half speed vertically. Since each +1 rank is approximately a doubling of power (ex.: Speed 3 is twice as fast as Speed 2, and four times as fast as Speed 1; Blast 10 is approximately sixteen times more powerful than Blast 6), she can move at Speed 20 horizontally and Speed 19 (10,000,000 mph) vertically.

Which isn't that different from Flight 19 or 20... which costs 38 or 40pp, but Speed 20 + Air Walking 2 only costs 23pp.

• 3 weeks later...

"Eyes: Pointed" -- do you mean her ears?

Feature 2 [Mimicry - vocal (+10 bluff/disguise, Mimicry - body language (+2 bluff/diplomacy/disguise/intimidate); 2 PP] (Origin: Training)

I'm wary about the "Body Language" feature -- Vocal Mimicry gets such a big bonus to Bluff or Perform (not Disguise) checks because it's just mimicking sounds (sounds, not voices). But mimicking body language is mimicking the way they move and hold themselves, and that's more a straightforward bonus to the skills. because it's a visual thing (and so shouldn't be available so cheaply seeing as how people are primarily visual-based).

Cosmic Link (Container; Flaw: Unreliable; 4 PP) (Source: Cosmic)

Cosmic Awareness

Enhanced Feat 3 (Luck 3)

Cosmic Awareness is Super-Senses 2, so -- along with Enhanced Feats 3 -- before Flaws that'd be 5pp. With the Unreliable Flaw, it'd be 2.5pp. Unless you mean the Unreliable only applies tot he Cosmic Awareness part, in which case the Flaw should be applied to that one effect and not the whole Container.

Chaos Field 2 (Adaption; PF: Controlled, Dynamic; 16 PP) (Source: Cosmic)

DAP 1: Enhanced Saves 24 [PF]

You still need to get rid of the Adaptation, since the jury's still out on whether or not to allow Variable Powers.

Cosmic Power 36 (Array; Flaws: Distracting -1, Unreliable -1; 18 PP) (Source: Cosmic)

Disintegration 10 [PF]

You're treating the Disintegration as the Base Effect of the Cosmic Power, correct?

Be aware that, since Disintegration is basically two Linked Effects -- a Blast Linked with a Ranged Affects Objects Drain Toughness -- you need to buy any power feats that apply to the whole power twice, just like the Extras and Flaws.

Also, with 4 Dynamic Alternate Powers and 4 non-Dynamic Alternate Powers, that's another 12pp. 1 for each AP, 2 for each DAP.

Minion

DPA 2011 (PL 5)

Construct [str - Dex - Con - Int 30 Wis 10 Cha 10; Disable Device +20 [10 ranks +10 Int], Investigate +20 [10 ranks +10 Int], Knowledge (Behavioral Sciences) +20 [10 ranks +10 Int], Knowledge (Civics) +20 [10 ranks +10 Int], Knowledge (Tactics) +20 [10 ranks +10 Int], Medicine +10 [10 ranks +0 Wis], Profession (Officer) +10 [10 ranks +0 Wis], Sense Motive +10 [10 ranks +0 Wis]; Eidetic Memory, Improvised Tools, Masterplan, Masterful Tactics 2; Comprehend 4 (Languages 3, Codes 1), Flight 1 (Concentration), Immunity 1 (Finder's powers), Insubstantial 4 (Reaction, Instant; doesn't work against Cosmic effects), Mental Shield 6, Quickness 3, Shrinking 20 (Innate), Telekinesis 1 (Precise, Subtle 1)]

What is this? A super-advanced PDA? And is it always supposed to be Miniscule? Innate on size- and density-changing powers typically only go on ones with a Permanent duration.

With no Con, it also needs Immunity 30 (Fortitude effects).

With no Str or Dex, it cannot take any physical actions, only mental ones. So its telekinesis should be Perception range, and Quickness flawed to being for mental tasks only.

Drawbacks: Weakness (Lack of Sunlight (every hour); Uncommon, Major (incl. Constitution); -2pp)

That'd be -3pp, not 2. 3 for being Uncommon & Major, +1 for affecting Con, -1 for being one step up the Time table from 20 mins to 1 hour).

Thanks, Dr. A!

"Eyes: Pointed" -- do you mean her ears?

La-la-la, nothing to see. Move along, citizen!

How embarrassing! Meant 'ears', of course. :oops:

I'm wary about the "Body Language" feature -- Vocal Mimicry gets such a big bonus to Bluff or Perform (not Disguise) checks because it's just mimicking sounds (sounds, not voices). But mimicking body language is mimicking the way they move and hold themselves, and that's more a straightforward bonus to the skills. because it's a visual thing (and so shouldn't be available so cheaply seeing as how people are primarily visual-based).

No problem, I'll drop the body language feature then.

Will keep the vocal Mimicry for her "mad beatboxing skillz", but how do I mirror imitating voices then? (Since Movies and TV are her primary source of education, she is fond of sounding like famous on-screen personalities, ie. Harry Callahan or John Shaft.)

Cosmic Awareness is Super-Senses 2, so -- along with Enhanced Feats 3 -- before Flaws that'd be 5pp. With the Unreliable Flaw, it'd be 2.5pp. Unless you mean the Unreliable only applies tot he Cosmic Awareness part, in which case the Flaw should be applied to that one effect and not the whole Container.

I arrived at 4pp because I flawed the Cosmic Link container itself, dropping its cost from 5pp to 4. The next version will be using a slightly different solution.

You still need to get rid of the Adaptation, since the jury's still out on whether or not to allow Variable Powers.

Yup, it's definitly gone for the new version. (Scrapped it already after your initial comment last week.)

You're treating the Disintegration as the Base Effect of the Cosmic Power, correct?

Be aware that, since Disintegration is basically two Linked Effects -- a Blast Linked with a Ranged Affects Objects Drain Toughness -- you need to buy any power feats that apply to the whole power twice, just like the Extras and Flaws.

Also, with 4 Dynamic Alternate Powers and 4 non-Dynamic Alternate Powers, that's another 12pp. 1 for each AP, 2 for each DAP.

Thanks for the PF clarification. I had thought about it, but now it will definitely go into the next version.

Regarding the APs (and DAPs): I mistakenly included their cost in the total array. That's why it had 36 ranks when 28 would have been sufficient for a 56pp Disintegration. Already corrected for the new version.

What is this? A super-advanced PDA? And is it always supposed to be Miniscule? Innate on size- and density-changing powers typically only go on ones with a Permanent duration.

With no Con, it also needs Immunity 30 (Fortitude effects).

With no Str or Dex, it cannot take any physical actions, only mental ones. So its telekinesis should be Perception range, and Quickness flawed to being for mental tasks only.

It's the "Dethalian Peace Authority - assigned to Peace Officer 2011" - a sentinent nano-computer.

Size is indeed correct (and permanent). The DPA poses as a gem on her jewelry. Didn't expressly mention 'Immunity 30 (Fortitude effects)' as all construct have that and I skimped a bit on the Minion details. The next version already has a much more detailed sheet for the DPA.

I put it at general quickness because the Disable Device skill - usuable via its Telekinesis - should also be quicker than normal. Should I have a general Quickness (limited to mental tasks) and a particular Quickness (limited to Disable device) linked to the Telekinesis effect instead?

That'd be -3pp, not 2. 3 for being Uncommon & Major, +1 for affecting Con, -1 for being one step up the Time table from 20 mins to 1 hour).

Thanks! Probably miscalculated because I was changing it several times looking for a suitable version.

Will keep the vocal Mimicry for her "mad beatboxing skillz", but how do I mirror imitating voices then? (Since Movies and TV are her primary source of education, she is fond of sounding like famous on-screen personalities, ie. Harry Callahan or John Shaft.)

I'd do it as Enhanced Disguise (Flaw: Only Voices).

It's the "Dethalian Peace Authority - assigned to Peace Officer 2011" - a sentinent nano-computer.

Size is indeed correct (and permanent). The DPA poses as a gem on her jewelry. Didn't expressly mention 'Immunity 30 (Fortitude effects)' as all construct have that and I skimped a bit on the Minion details. The next version already has a much more detailed sheet for the DPA.

I put it at general quickness because the Disable Device skill - usuable via its Telekinesis - should also be quicker than normal. Should I have a general Quickness (limited to mental tasks) and a particular Quickness (limited to Disable device) linked to the Telekinesis effect instead?

Since you've deleted the old build I cannot check to see if you'd bought it as a Minion or a Sidekick, but in either case, the first question which needs to be asked is whether or not it's truly either. I.e., is it a true character, with its own will and volition? Is it capable of acting against you, for your own good? Is it capable of acting against you, for its own good? Of being convinced by others to act against you? If stolen/kidnapped, would you be as upset & eager to get it back as Bruce Wayne would be if Robin were kidnapped, or as upset as Tony Stark if his latest suit was stolen? Or is it just flavor test for a way to get a few different skills and a bonus to existing skills? If the latter, and posing as a gem in her jewelry, it should just be a Hard to Lose Device granting some Enhanced Skills(+2 to assorted skills, the flavor text explanation being that it's the computer inside aiding her skill checks).

I'd do it as Enhanced Disguise (Flaw: Only Voices).

Thanks!

Since you've deleted the old build I cannot check to see if you'd bought it as a Minion or a Sidekick, but in either case, the first question which needs to be asked is whether or not it's truly either. I.e., is it a true character, with its own will and volition? Is it capable of acting against you, for your own good? Is it capable of acting against you, for its own good? Of being convinced by others to act against you? If stolen/kidnapped, would you be as upset & eager to get it back as Bruce Wayne would be if Robin were kidnapped, or as upset as Tony Stark if his latest suit was stolen? Or is it just flavor test for a way to get a few different skills and a bonus to existing skills? If the latter, and posing as a gem in her jewelry, it should just be a Hard to Lose Device granting some Enhanced Skills(+2 to assorted skills, the flavor text explanation being that it's the computer inside aiding her skill checks).

Bought it as a Minion, specifically as the 1pt (helpful) version, as this met its character the best. It has definitely it's own personality and it is one that does not follow Finder's decisions with blind loyalty. It's also perfectly capable of making it's own decisions and acting against her wishes/orders if it perceives this to be better for Finder, ie. withholding information it gains via its Translation ability. Since it retains part of its original programming as a police-"man" it also won't function as a mere sentinent at-will-door-opener as it insists on following certain laws to a degree (a wild mix of Dethalian and Earthern ones), making for some heavy arguing between the two as the DPA withholds its powers again and needs to be convinced otherwise.

While you edit, be aware of another problem with having a Minion that's on a bit of jewelry you wear: you're essentially using the Minion as cover. But its miniscule size will mean it can't easily be hit (+12 size bonus to Defense), and its incorporeality means it can't easily be damaged, which negates two of the inherent drawbacks/limits/weaknesses in having a Minion or Sidekick.

While you edit, be aware of another problem with having a Minion that's on a bit of jewelry you wear: you're essentially using the Minion as cover.

Could you please rephrase this as I'm not eaxctly sure what you saying? Thanks.

But its miniscule size will mean it can't easily be hit (+12 size bonus to Defense), and its incorporeality means it can't easily be damaged, which negates two of the inherent drawbacks/limits/weaknesses in having a Minion or Sidekick.

This makes me wonder: Hoe would you stat up a sentinent quantum computer whose basic structure consists of a cloud of free-ranging quarks?