Dropping in... (Seahawk & Mirror w/Miss A)

Miss A gave Seahawk a smile that was equal parts amused and resigned. "I'll pass that along to her, along with my strong recommendation that she doesn't loan you out unfinished prototypes that don't even have all their safety features installed," she replied. "I'm sorry you had to deal with the hard landing!" She took the flash drive and turned it over in her hands speculatively. "Hmm, curiouser and curiouser. Any indication why they brought it here to this place, or what they were planning on doing with it?" 

She responded to Mirror's greeting with a nod and a friendly smile. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Mirror. I'm Miss Americana. Thank you for the help you gave Seahawk, it's much appreciated." 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"With what Breaker and Aero had... at least that was the names they were using... they were taking hostages for an eventual escape plan. They had access to some pretty advanced technology. It seemed Breaker was the technician of the group, and Aero was more the muscle."

Seahawk leaned against a wall massaging her arm that was broke a little while ago, the sympathetic pains still are there, but abating. "Aero caught me dead to rights with a high-pressure airburst... very clever too, but popped the suit he was wearing to do it... Breaker managed to disable all the tech in this diner, and could teleport through some means... that and it seemed both of them had some one-shot force field."

Seahawk sighed. "I think I might head to the Aviary to clean up once things are secure here... you know, Mirror, you'd be welcome to come along... Although I gotta find some way to either refuel my pack or swap it out for something far less... perishable in terms of power."

Note: "The Aviary" is Seahawk's code for a small slip on the outskirts of Trainor Airport on a pier in the north bay. It's a slip used for float planes or seaplanes that is owned by Archetech's Aeronautics Division. It can be closed and opened like a hangar, but with an open floor over the water.

Edited by The Osprey

"If I wouldn't be intruding, I'd gladly come along."

Mirror said as he double checked to make sure he got all the glass out of the way. After a fight was over, the least he could do was make sure that the mess wasn't nearly as bad. Mary on the other hand immediately started grumbling, and mumbling to herself. She was bored, at least, that's what he thought, he wasn't to sure, but Mary was...odd, she got bored easily and wanted to constantly see something new, and right now, she wasn't telling him what exactly she wanted. 

"All right, I can call an ArcheTech car out here to give you a ride, just a couple minutes here..." Miss A was somewhat distracted, having plugged the drive into her tablet already, and was busy scanning over the flight data from Naomi's ill-fated test. "You should probably give me the flight pack, after a crash like that it should be thoroughly checked out and refitted before it goes back in the air. And I think we might be able to put something a little longer-lasting in for the battery as well."

She frowned over whatever it was she was seeing in the data, then looked up and tucked the tablet aside. "Sorry, I'll have a look at that later." She took another look at the unfamiliar hero. "Mirror, you said your name was? What sort of skillset brings you to the superheroing business?" she asked with a hard-to-resist smile. 

"Oh this, and that. I can teleport from one mirror to another, control light, which allows me to stun, burn, and confuse who I deal with, and control glass. Right now I can just sorta move it from A to B, but hopefully I'll figure out how to do more with it in time."

Mirror said as he brushed a little bit of dust of his suit, and then straightened the bow tie. He didn't really like bow ties, but he thought the thing made his outfit work, so he tuck with it.

"Besides that, I'm a fair bit more agile then most people, and hardier then I look."

"Interesting, very interesting. I'd love to see your powers at work sometime, if you'd oblige me." Miss A passed him an embossed business card on heavy cream-colored stock. "Call anytime and my assistant can set something up." She took the battered flight pack from Seahawk, carefully avoiding any blood that hadn't been washed away by the dip in the pond. "I'll give you a call later, Seahawk, discuss anything we find from that recording. Thanks for letting me know about it." She shook hand and spoke with a few people who'd wanted a better look at her, promised an agitated young customer that ArcheTech would replace his fried ArchePhone, then stepped outside and took off into the sky and was gone in a moment. 

Accepting the card, Mirror slipped it into his pocket as Mary walked outside, still mumbling about something.

"Right, you wanna eat before we leave here, or eat later?"

He asked as he turned to look at Seahawk. His mask still had a little dirt, and dust on it from the wind, and he was fairly sure there was also dirt in his hair, but for the time being it was hidden inside of his hat, so he'd deal with it. Besides that, he was actually starting to get hungry, so he really kind of wanted to eat now before they did anything else.

Seahawk looked around. "I doubt this place'll be operational for cooking now..." She said, as a Archetech truck with a small trailer pulls up and the driver and passenger step out, pulling out of the trailer a 4-wheeled mini-jeep. Room for four, designed like a dune buggy. And in Seahawk's blue. "Our ride's here at least. If you're hungry we could do something Downtown for lunch or dinner... depending on your mood."

She smiled putting her helmet on, tossing a spare motorcycle helmet to Mirror. "Safety first. Gotta set a good impression for kids, ya know."

Seahawk actually liked being a good role model. Sometimes it seemed corny, but she liked interacting with the kids. In fact one clinged to her leg, not even a first grader yet.

"W... What's wrong?" Seahawk asked. Just as the ambulances pulled up with police and fire.

"G... Gwampa. They're putting him into an ambulance. He was hwaving a hawd time bweathing."

Seahawk looked, as Jo Bob is wheeled into an ambulance. There wasn't CPR going on, but he was being given oxygen. "Dang... his Asthma." She said, patting the girl's head. "Your mom here?"

"Yeah the docs are helping. She has boo-boos."

Seahawk knelt down to the girl. "Even grownups get scrapes. Better go over to her so you can kiss them to make them feel better, okay."

The girl nodded and ran off. Seahawk sighed. "I hope the old man is okay." She said, getting into the Driver's side.

Collapsing the top hat, Mirror put on the biking helmet, and straightened his mask. Doing his best not to squeeze to tightly. He kept repeating, in his head, that Jo Bob was going to be okay, it was just asthma, and it should be easy to deal with.  His sister had asthma after all, and she'd never been in the hospital for long even during his best attacks.

"Me too, if it is just asthma he should be fine."

He said as he climbed into the passenger seat, no doubt his knuckles were white against his cane as he made sure it was safe, and secure. He hated seeing people get hurt, especially when it hospitalized them, and only the thought that he was probably okay, and that it was just asthma kept him from trying to track down the two thugs that did this.

"Lunch or dinner? Oh! Oh! Oh! Alton! You should try and make it a date! You'd be out of the house, and not working, or fighting crime! It's perfect!"

Ignoring Mary, Mirror opened his mouth.

"Lunch or dinner would be fine, I don't have much else I'm doing today, I didn't have any plans besides talking a walk in the woods."

Seahawk smiled. "Yeah. Although some time out in the woods did seem like a good idea." She said, looking at her hand. "Anyways... we're gonna offroad, I know a trail just down that way that a lot of law enforcement and the occasional hero uses. Goes through a few creeks."

She presses a button and the tires inflate into balloon-tire like tires, keeping their treads. "Oh Miss A, thinking of everything."

She heads down the paved road to the beaten dirt path and turns down it, starting to make her way through Wharton at a pretty good clip. "So... What brings you to Freedom? Is it the sights or the heroes?" She said with a grin, minding the road. "I came here actually to be a test pilot for Archetech. They picked me up after they saw how good I was with a stunt plane that lost a wing. Managed to steer it away from spectators and bail out at the same time."

"Of course this was before I was immortal, so... the risk was a bit greater." She said with a dismissive laugh. It was a scary moment for her, but she didn't want to sound rattled near her passenger.

"Came here for college, and stayed here when I was done for work. My powers manifested not long before I would graduate, and after some time getting used to them, I got into this costume and started trying to be a hero. My inexperience still shows a lot, but I do my best. Besides that, I came to Freedom City because it was something new, and was a big city. I came from a boring little coastal town far to the south of here, it was flat, and boring, I was glad to stay in a city like Freedom City."

"Immortal? Doubtful, everyone dies eventually, regardless of how much they can recover from."

Mary said from her place in the back seat where she was stretched out, and certainly not caring about what was going past them. Mirror rolled his eyes beneath his mask, and watched everything soar past them as Seahawk drove. 

As they continued on the beaten down path Seahawk finds another small lake, starting to drive along by cutting through using the small runabout's amphibious capabilities she sees a oddly dressed woman, seemingly wearing a greyish-white bodysuit and helmet. If she knew any better she'd swear the woman looked like she could be at the controls of a space fighter. The suit itself looked quite dirty, and she seemed to be looking for something.

"You see that, Mirror?" Seahawk asked, as she stopped in the middle of the lake for a moment, the runabout rocking and swaying slightly. "Think we should check her out?"

Edited by The Osprey

"....and another thing, stop rolling your eyes whenever I talk. I'm sick of it, take me seriously, or find me a new host."

Mary growled at Mirror, finishing another tirade about him never listening to her. She wasn't truly serious, as far as she could remember, Mirror had been the only one to respect her, and treat her as a living being, just his staunch ability to refuse every suggestion she made annoyed her.

"Yeah, we should probably check that out."

GM

The woman saw the two driving near her and stopped, leaning in a tree. She didn't seem threatening, but there wasn't much to her to see what sort of reaction there was. She looks at what looks like a watch, opening the visor to the helmet of her body-fitting spacesuit-like bodysuit. Her piercing green eyes were studying the two, as she crosses her arms again, smiling. It wasn't clear who she was interested in, but she was watching one of the two in the vehicle with great interest, and amusement as the tires were a bit funny looking. "Odd lookin' boat ya got there."

Her Welsh accent sounded way more than Naomi's accent...

Seahawk

Something about that accent sounded familiar... and the voice. She stopped in the water. "That voice..."

She steered to the woman and started driving on the large pond until they got to shore. "Okay, ma'am... what's your business around here? There was an incident with SHADOW no more than a couple miles away from where we are now. I think it can be safe to assume we're on the defensive here."

The woman giggled a little before taking off her helmet. "Oh Naomi dear, you've grown up. Still the same when it comes to being the girl scout though. Trust me, whatever SHADOW wants I ain't interested."

She looked like Naomi, but somewhat older with quite long blonde hair and pointed ears that looked far more pronounced than what Mirror saw. Seahawk froze in her tracks.

"Ohhhh, this could be fun!"

Looking from Naomi to the complete stranger, Mirror was honestly a little puzzled, but thankfully the blank mask he wore kept that look hidden on his face. He could pretty easily guess the relation, but he thought it best not to ask that specifically. After a short moment of thought, he opened his mouth, then closed it again. He had never been good with people, though once again he thanked his mask for keeping this hidden. Opening his mouth again, he actually managed to form words.

"Well, from one interesting encounter to another of a completely different nature."

At this point Mary had actually climbed out of the car, and was a walking around the strange woman, a strange smirk plastered on her face.

Seahawk

Naomi couldn't believe her eyes, enough to open her helmet and pull back the cowl of her suit. "M... Mum?"

This had been a while, the memories of being told both her parents were dead was a punctuation mark in her childhood. She saw her mother's ears and that was when all the memories of her loss started to come to the surface. She knew while her mother's blood and some tissue were at the scene, none of the rescue technicians could find her. They assumed the worst and the body taken away by local scavengers. This...

"How did... I mean is immortality a thing for us I mean..."

GM

The person Naomi knew as Setsuna... her mother... looked over her daughter. "You've grown. I was walking about here figuring a way back to the city... I got... separated from my spacecraft. I... I knew the Communion was coming back so I found my star-fighter and went back to space. Of course I was thinking this when our car got hit by a deer. Your father..." She painfully winced. "I couldn't tell you I had to go. But..."

"Naomi... you and I..."

"That can wait... seems you have a friend here... I got shot down and I and my starfighter sort of drifted back to Earth. I thought I could ride it back but had to bail early, did some orbital skydiving to get here. I noticed someone fall out of the sky so instead of working my way back to town I tried to look for whoever crashed. You seen them anywhere?"

"Unless we missed something in the diner, I think you already found her."

Mirror said with a short gesture at Naomi. He didn't know precisely what was going, but sense Mary, nothing surprised him much anymore, so he decided it was better to keep calm, and not talk much. Mary on the other hand, was still circling the two, comparing everything she could see, and mumbling to herself. She was a lot like a teenage girl, technically still is at nineteen from her appearance, and at time it felt to Mirror that he wasn't so much a vital host as a center of drama to her. He did feel a bit ridiculous in his outfit now, and he didn't really know why, but he was growing to more, and more appreciate his choice of mask. It kept some more unsavory aspects of being young, and not a big socialite hidden, though his voice still betrayed both of those to a skilled observer. 

Seahawk

Seahawk could smell the carbon on the suit her mother was wearing. "Yeah, that person was me, was testing a flight pack when I ran out of fuel. Prototype."

She looked over and spotted hidden in the woods what looked like a now open and half-inflated ball with a seat inside,  somewhat more wide as the woman was tall with several handles, looking quite scorched, as well as what looked like a parachute coming from it. She had questions about that fact too...

"So, two questions. Where is your starfighter, and how the heck didn't I see you coming down with that heat shield and parachute?" She said... wanting more information...

GM

"Well, when I ejected I was in the middle of re-entry... that re-entry bubble forms around the ejection seat when you pop out. The suit itself can take some heat, but the heat shield bubble is just a precautionary piece of equipment. Like that cute little floatie around your neck if you hit water." She said, poking the padded collar on Naomi's suit. "Once I was out of re-entry I activated my cloaking device while I was under chute... didn't want NORAD shooting me down like I was some sort of incoming missile."  "I saw you fall in the treeline nearby." She said pointing where Naomi knew she fell. "Thought you landed in the creek, but when I got there all I saw was a little blood and a few busted treetops."

"I think my starfighter bounced off the atmosphere because of it's re-entry angle, but I think it was trapped enough in Earth's gravity well where it just came down again. Not that it was in any working condition when I ejected. Thing was... well... a sure death if I stayed in it. I'm just hoping it hit in the ocean somewhere and not any small town or something."

She sighed. "Look, Naomi... there's a lot I need to tell you. More than I can tell here."

She looked over to Mirror. "I am... hoping you're in the Superhero business, I didn't raise a future super-criminal." She said with a mischevious grin. She extended her hand to Mirror. "I am Da'lith. First Lieutenant of the Ga'hai vanguard...and counting my daughter, I am probably the second to the last of my kind."

"And yes, Naomi, you are indeed immortal... and an alien. We're the same you and I."

Edited by The Osprey

"Nice to meetcha Ma'am."

Mirror said, his southern accent coming out a little from the surprise of this. I mean, he wasn't going to be totally shocked, he had Mary bugging him after all, which was plenty weird in it's on right.

"Unless you count this outfit, I've committed no crimes, nor do I intend to."

He uttered as he gestured at his admittedly flashy, and ridiculous outfit. There were times when an outfit such as this one was certainly handy, but meeting an alien, and one that claimed to be immortal, was most certainly not a time for it. Though he wasn't sure if there was any outfit that really fit the situation. Mary meanwhile was glaring at the woman now. He had a fair guess as to why, probably that she was jealous that this woman had seen places far far far beyond Earth.

GM

Da'lith smiled. "Of course, don't be so self-concious. I know superheroes have their own uniform code. You can call me Setsuna." She said... a fitting name for her Asian form. "I hope my daughter hasn't been much trouble."

"Anyways, I wager I'm gonna have to go somewhere. Gotta get this stuff of mine out of the forest... You guys know of any trustworthy scientists I can turn this stuff into? Not that parachutes and heat shields will change much in terms of the balance of power in the world." Setsuna said with a sigh. "Besides... I and Naomi will have to talk. Sometime... wait, am I interrupting anything?"

"Nope, just wrapping up from an incident at a place nearby."

Mirror said as he checked his phone to make sure no one had called or texted while he wasn't paying attention. A quick glance told him no, so he tucked the phone away before stretching. He hadn't gotten in nearly as much walking as he needed, he'd have to fix that another day. For now though, today had been plenty exciting. Strangers from the sky, and some thugs at a diner, more then the average person could claim to have seen. Though Mary probably had a lot of weird stories if she could remember them. Speaking of Mary, right about now she had gotten bored and plumped down on the ground, pouting, as if expecting someone to come along and fix whatever was making her grumpy.

GM

"Ah, so I'm not interrupting much then..." The Alien woman walked over to her ejection seat, opening up the ejection bubble, turning a couple of valves causing it to deflate rapidly, she gets it detached from the ejection seat, and stuffs her parachute into it, setting it in the back of the amphibious runabout. "Although I don't think this stuff will cause anyone any harm, do you guys know of a reasonable technology firm that can make some use of this kit? I can't just lug this about..."

"For that matter, I'm legally dead here... I... don't have much of an identity here don't I?"

Seahawk

Seahawk started to cry a little, she couldn't hold back as she runs over, hugging her mother. "I... I... I think I know someone who can help, b... but I'm not completely sure. She's been awfully busy a..a...as of late. But she could get you into contact with the proper authorities to start straightening this out." Seahawk said, burying her head in Setsuna's chest. "I... I was going to head out for lunch with Mirror here, b...but seeing you..."

"Yeah, I'm offerin' You're probably starved... A... and... welcome home, Mom..."

Mirror stands back, giving Naomi room with her mother. He couldn't imagine how she was feeling, but he figured that she would like a little room to process everything that was happening, He was still trying to process it really, but with having to deal with Mary, it wasn't nearly as big a shock as it should be. Mary on the other hand sighed, almost forlornly, and looked away from their hug, hugging herself in the process. Walking away from the two, she stood next to Mirror, who was standing a few feet away from Naomi and Setsuna, and she said.

"It's seeing things like this that make me miss a body. Whatever power I used to have is gone, but I'd give it up in a heartbeat to have a body again. When you sleep, and I use your dreams to actual touch the world once more, well, it's the best part of my day. Even then, I'm not actually feeling anything, I'm just experiencing a memory of you feeling something. It's not the same..."

Whispering as quietly as he could while making sure Mary could hear him, Mirror responded.

"I know Mary, I know. If I could help you, I would. Just...hang in there, we'll figure something out. I don't know what, or how, but I'll keep trying. Just like I promised."

Seahawk

Eventually everything was loaded up in the space behind the backseat like a smaller version of truck flatbed, the six wheeled vehicle seemed capable of handling the load of 3 passengers and Setsuna's gear without too much effort. It wasn't long until the group was back on the road. It was awkwardly quiet between Naomi and Setsuna. There was a slight detour as Naomi dropped her mom off at Archetech HQ... maybe Miss Americana could point her in the right direction as to what to do... that and Naomi left her some cash to get herself a hotel room as she is probably going to be stuck on Earth for the time being.

Naomi then drove to the docks she mentioned earlier near the airfield that not too long ago was the site of where she first gained her powers. Something acting at least for now as part base for Seahawk's missions and test flight starting points for Naomi, and as Archetech's hangar for testing seaplane designs. Dropping off the things that she found of her mother's on Miss Americana's directions, She steps behind a curtained wall...

"Okay... so, I know this has been a blur... I think Mom and I... are gonna have to talk later on. So... You got any civilian clothes?"

Mirror could hear Naomi changing out of the complex technology flightsuit she was wearing before... she peeked over the curtain, like she was looking for something...

"Yeah, T-Shirt underneath, and I have on some loose fitting pants beneath the suit. Otherwise, if there's a big enough mirror near by, I can pop home, change, and pop back. You looking for something?"

He asked as he very quickly ignored Mary, who didn't really respect anyone's privacy, by simply focusing on something on the wall across from where he currently was. He could change rather quickly, he was agile, and flexible, and had a rather useful ability. Thankfully Mary was mostly staying quiet, but he would rather be safe then sorry. He had never been good with people, and right now was probably not a situation he could handle without the mask helping keep him calm. Especially when he was still trying to figure out how to deal with Mary, who was a pain in all her own ways, and she was here too.