Icarus - PL 12 - Herid Fel

Name: Sean Parker

Code Name: Icarus

Power Level: 12 (182 pp)

Tradeoffs: +4 Toughness, -4 Defense; +2 Save DC, -2 Attack

Unspent PPs: 4

ABILITIES: 32pp

Str: 14 (18 w/ permanent density, 38 at full total density) / +2 (+4, +14)

Dex: 12 / +1

Con: 30 / +10

Int: 14 / +2

Wis: 10 / +0

Cha: 12 / +1

COMBAT: 14+14=28pp

Attack: +7, +10 melee, +11 Blast

Grapple: +14 at minimum density, +28 at full density

Defense: +9 (+3 flat-footed)

Knockback: -6 at minimum density, -16 at maximum density

Initiative: +1

SAVES: 21pp

Toughness: +11 (Imp 1) at minimum density, +15 (Imp 6) at maximum density

Fortitude: +13 (+10 Con, +3)

Reflex: +7 (+1 Dex, +6)

Will: +12 (+0 Wis, +12)

SKILLS: 40r=10pp

Craft (mechanical): 10 / +12

Diplomacy: 1 / +2

Disguise: 2 / +3

Intimidate: 6 / +7

Knowledge (arcane lore) 1 / +3

Knowledge (streetwise) 1 / +3

Language (Ancient Greek) 1

Notice: 6 / +6

Profession (auto repair): 6 / +6

Search: 2 / +4

Stealth: 4 /+5

FEATS: 7pp

Artificer

Attack Focus (melee) 3

Dodge Focus 2

Power Attack

POWERS: 80pp

Blast 1 (PFs: Accurate 2, 1 Alternate Power) [5pp]

AP: Gravity Control 1 (Extras: Selective Attack, No Save; Flaws: Distracting, Limited to increase only, Range/Touch; PF: Dimensional [into Terminus], Subtle)

Density 2 (+4 Str, Impervious Toughness 1, x1.5 mass; Extra: Duration/Continuous; Flaw: Permanent) [6pp]

Density 6 (to Density 8; gains +12 Str [+16 total], Impervious Toughness 3 [4 total], Immovable 2, Super-Strength 2, total mass x8; PF: Buoyant) [19pp]

Device 10 (battlesuit, 50 points, hard to lose) [40pp]

Flight 1 (10 mph; can be 'boosted' up to Flight 4 [100 mph] w/ personal Power Reserve, Flight 10 [10,000 mph] w/ suit's Power Reserve, or Flight 13 [100,000 mph] with both personal & suit Power Reserve) [2pp]

Immunity 1 (aging) [1pp]

Power Reserve 3 (PF: Extra Power [blast, Gravity Control, Flight]) [7pp]

Devices: Battlesuit

Density 4 (to Density 12; gains +8 Str [+24 total], Impervious Toughness 2 [6 total], Immovable 1 [4 total], Super-Strength 1 [4 total], total mass x25) [12 pp]

Immunity 9 (life support) [9pp]

Super Senses 9 (darkvision, extended 3 radar [accurate radius ranged radio sense], radio) [9pp]

Morph 1 (+5 to Disguise, any humanoid; Limited: Can only change appearance of Device) [1pp]

Power Reserve 9 (Blast/Gravity Control and FlightPF: 1 Alternate Power) [19 pp]

AP: Spatial Control 4 (1 mile; Extras: Accurate, Portal; Flaws: Long range only; PFs: Change Velocity, Progression/10-ft. by 10-ft. Portal)

DC Block

Unarmed -- DC 19/29 Toughness -- Damage (minimum density/maximum density)

Blast 1 -- DC 16 Toughness -- Damage

Blast 4* -- DC 19 Toughness -- Damage

Blast 10** -- DC 25 Toughness -- Damage

Blast 13*** -- DC 28 Toughness -- Damage

Gravity Control 1 -- No Save -- +50 lbs. to encumbrance to any within 5 feet

Gravity Control 4* -- No Save -- +400 lbs. to encumbrance to any within 20 feet

Gravity Control 10** -- No Save -- +12 tons to encumbrance to any within 50 feet

Gravity Control 13*** -- No Save -- +100 tons to encumbrance to any within 65 feet

* With all points from personal Power Reserve funneled in.

** With all points from suit's Power Reserve funneled in.

*** With all points from personal & suit's Power Reserve funneled in.

Totals: Stats 32 + Combat 28 + Saves 21 + Skills 10 + Feats 7 + Powers 80 = 178/182 pp

Complications:

Enemy (Daedalus)

Phobia: Claustrophobia

Phobia: Suffocation

Involuntary Transformation: Icarus (when either phobia is triggered, reduce Wisdom to 8 and total Will save to +6).

Backstory: Sean Parker is the son of Gravitor, a hero from the late 1960s. Unlike his father, Sean has little interest in helping out his fellow man. After all, what did it get his old man but shot down by some villain during a jewelry heist of all things? Sean was 20 when it happened, and the city government brought back his father's battlesuit as if that was supposed to make everything right. Before that time, Sean had been an assembly line worker at the local auto factory, and he fixed the suit up as best he could. But when he went to the Freedom League, they were all too busy to help him out. Something about "Daedalus is in space" or something. It didn't matter. There were those who would help Sean out, and they improved the suit beyond what his dad was ever able to do. The man who finished it, Talos, even said he threw in a little magic. Of course, Sean knows that there's a price he'll have to pay later for that... but never growing older? That little bit of magic makes it all worthwhile.

Sean has one more secret that only Talos also knows. Part of the reason that the suit is more powerful is because it doesn't just create the gravitic energy used for a variety of its functions: Sean is a minor metahuman himself, and the suit amplifies his powers far beyond what he could do on his own.

Recently, Sean has gone through some large changes, described in this post.

Appearance: Sean now resembles a younger version of Daedalus. They have the same nose, and if he doesn't shave, the same beard. The greatest difference between the two of them is Sean's blue-gray eyes, much brighter than Daedalus's black ones. When he uses his Gravity Control, a gray aura of energy surrounds him and his suit. (Picture Jean Grey when she's using Telekinesis; something like that).

Artificer

Attack Focus (melee) 3

Dodge Focus 2

Power Attack

AP: Gravity Control 1 (Extras: Selective Attack, No Save; Flaws: Distracting, Limited to increase only, Range/Touch; PF: Dimensional [into Terminus], Subtle)

Density 2 (+4 Str, Impervious Toughness 1, x1.5 mass; Extra: Duration/Continuous; Flaw: Permanent) [6pp]

Density 6 (to Density 8; gains +12 Str [+16 total], Impervious Toughness 3 [4 total], Immovable 2, Super-Strength 2, total mass x8; PF: Buoyant) [19pp]

Flight 1 (10 mph; can be 'boosted' up to Flight 4 [100 mph] w/ personal Power Reserve, Flight 10 [10,000 mph] w/ suit's Power Reserve, or Flight 13 [100,000 mph] with both personal & suit Power Reserve) [2pp]

Immunity 1 (aging) [1pp]

Density 4 (to Density 12; gains +8 Str [+24 total], Impervious Toughness 2 [6 total], Immovable 1 [4 total], Super-Strength 1 [4 total], total mass x25) [12 pp]

Super Senses 9 (darkvision, extended 3 radar [accurate radius ranged radio sense], radio) [9pp]

Morph 1 (+5 to Disguise, any humanoid; Limited: Can only change appearance of Device) [1pp]

AP: Spatial Control 4 (1 mile; Extras: Accurate, Portal; Flaws: Long range only; PFs: Change Velocity, Progression/10-ft. by 10-ft. Portal)

DC Block

Gravity Control 10** -- No Save -- +12 tons to encumbrance to any within 50 feet

Gravity Control 13*** -- No Save -- +100 tons to encumbrance to any within 65 feet

Totals: Stats 32 + Combat 28 + Saves 21 + Skills 10 + Feats 7 + Powers 80 = 178/182 pp

Complications:

Enemy (Daedalus)

Involuntary Transformation: Icarus (when either phobia is triggered, reduce Wisdom to 8 and total Will save to +6).

Backstory: Sean Parker is the son of Gravitor, a hero from the late 1960s. Unlike his father, Sean has little interest in helping out his fellow man. After all, what did it get his old man but shot down by some villain during a jewelry heist of all things? Sean was 20 when it happened, and the city government brought back his father's battlesuit as if that was supposed to make everything right. Before that time, Sean had been an assembly line worker at the local auto factory, and he fixed the suit up as best he could. But when he went to the Freedom League, they were all too busy to help him out. Something about "Daedalus is in space" or something. It didn't matter. There were those who would help Sean out, and they improved the suit beyond what his dad was ever able to do. The man who finished it, Talos, even said he threw in a little magic. Of course, Sean knows that there's a price he'll have to pay later for that... but never growing older? That little bit of magic makes it all worthwhile.

Sean has one more secret that only Talos also knows. Part of the reason that the suit is more powerful is because it doesn't just create the gravitic energy used for a variety of its functions: Sean is a minor metahuman himself, and the suit amplifies his powers far beyond what he could do on his own.

Appearance: Sean now resembles a younger version of Daedalus. They have the same nose, and if he doesn't shave, the same beard. The greatest difference between the two of them is Sean's blue-gray eyes, much brighter than Daedalus's black ones. When he uses his Gravity Control, a gray aura of energy surrounds him and his suit. (Picture Jean Grey when she's using Telekinesis; something like that).

Artificer

Attack Focus (melee) 3

Dodge Focus 2

Power Attack

Immunity 1 (aging) [1pp]

DC Block

Complications:

Enemy (Daedalus)

well I haven't run all the number yet but I like the idea of the son of a hero dissillusioned by the death of his father. I've gotta ask how he feels about his mom though? Other than that he looks good, but like I said I haven't run all the numbers yet (I don't have my book in front of me and Density is a pretty dense power...pun intended, but it does give you a lot at certain levels so I'll need my book to double check everything). If someone else comes along though and says your numbers add up then I'll take their word for it.

so you have one tenative approval

well I haven't run all the number yet but I like the idea of the son of a hero dissillusioned by the death of his father. I've gotta ask how he feels about his mom though? Other than that he looks good, but like I said I haven't run all the numbers yet (I don't have my book in front of me and Density is a pretty dense power...pun intended, but it does give you a lot at certain levels so I'll need my book to double check everything). If someone else comes along though and says your numbers add up then I'll take their word for it.

His mother is still alive, and although deep down, she suspects that the villain using powers like her husband's is her son, she doesn't want to admit it, even to herself. Talos' retrofitting of the battlesuit makes it look a lot more like Daedalus's armor, enough that someone who isn't paying attention could mistake Heavy for Daedalus, depending on what powers are being used. On the other hand, Sean does his best to be a good son. He has told his mother that he's got a job across the country, and has been regularly sending home part of his paycheck (that is, a cut of whatever he steals). He's still trying to figure out how to lead a super-villainous life, especially with the limitation that he can't take off his battlesuit without losing the benefit of his Immunity (aging).

I guess you can add: Enemy (Daedalus) and Mistaken Identity (Daedalus) as complications. The latter is a bigger problem with the villains who'd seek to take the hero out of the picture.

Some other thoughts:

For the record, Sean's father was a fairly low PL battlesuit (around 4 or 5). His son is much more powerful, but people might eventually put two and two

together.

Sean does have some morals. He's perfectly willing to admit that he's a thief, but he isn't a murderer, and he isn't about to work with murderers. Part of him still remembers the grief that he went through when his father died, and he isn't about to inflict that on anyone else. From a practical standpoint, too, he doesn't want to find killers coming after him to put him down.

Oh, and I know OOC that Talos doesn't know magic. However, that's what Talos said to Sean about the suit, and all signs point to it being magical in nature. If Sean finds out IC that Talos is not a magician, that'll raise questions as to who did put the enchantment on the suit...

Right now, one of Sean's highest priorities is seeing if he can find someone to transfer the enchantment from the suit to himself, so that he doesn't have to wear the suit to keep from getting older. It's been a while now, and immortality looks less appetizing if it has to be spent alone inside a tin can.

His mother is still alive, and although deep down, she suspects that the villain using powers like her husband's is her son, she doesn't want to admit it, even to herself. Talos' retrofitting of the battlesuit makes it look a lot more like Daedalus's armor, enough that someone who isn't paying attention could mistake Heavy for Daedalus, depending on what powers are being used. On the other hand, Sean does his best to be a good son. He has told his mother that he's got a job across the country, and has been regularly sending home part of his paycheck (that is, a cut of whatever he steals). He's still trying to figure out how to lead a super-villainous life, especially with the limitation that he can't take off his battlesuit without losing the benefit of his Immunity (aging).

I guess you can add: Enemy (Daedalus) and Mistaken Identity (Daedalus) as complications. The latter is a bigger problem with the villains who'd seek to take the hero out of the picture.

Some other thoughts:

For the record, Sean's father was a fairly low PL battlesuit (around 4 or 5). His son is much more powerful, but people might eventually put two and two

together.

Sean does have some morals. He's perfectly willing to admit that he's a thief, but he isn't a murderer, and he isn't about to work with murderers. Part of him still remembers the grief that he went through when his father died, and he isn't about to inflict that on anyone else. From a practical standpoint, too, he doesn't want to find killers coming after him to put him down.

Oh, and I know OOC that Talos doesn't know magic. However, that's what Talos said to Sean about the suit, and all signs point to it being magical in nature. If Sean finds out IC that Talos is not a magician, that'll raise questions as to who did put the enchantment on the suit...

Right now, one of Sean's highest priorities is seeing if he can find someone to transfer the enchantment from the suit to himself, so that he doesn't have to wear the suit to keep from getting older. It's been a while now, and immortality looks less appetizing if it has to be spent alone inside a tin can.

Some other thoughts:

together.

This what I have found.....

Abilities: 38

Combat: 20

Saves: 22

Skills: 8

Feats: 6

Powers: 10, 56 = 66

Device – 8, 18, 10, 10, 3, 11 = 60 [out of 70]

Drawbacks: 0

-total: [150]- 150

1] Toughness 14 – PL 10, 14 is too high

2] Device 14? What is the device?

3] Why did he go back to the freedom league and what were they supposed to help him out with?

3] Why did he go back to the freedom league and what were they supposed to help him out with?

1) Sorry, I didn't explicitly list my tradeoffs. They're +4 Toughness/-4 Defense, and +2 Save DC/-2 Attack. I stayed within the maximum of +/-4 on both of them.

2) The device is a battlesuit. I said that in the history, but didn't list it on the sheet portion of the first post.

3) He went to the Freedom League to get the battlesuit fixed after he first got it. The thieves who killed his father also damaged the battlesuit, and he didn't have the know-how to fix it himself. The first place he thought he'd try was the heroes, but this was before the Terminus incident, and Daedalus was still in space. When none of them could help him, Sean went for more villainous help.

1) Sorry, I didn't explicitly list my tradeoffs. They're +4 Toughness/-4 Defense, and +2 Save DC/-2 Attack. I stayed within the maximum of +/-4 on both of them.

2) The device is a battlesuit. I said that in the history, but didn't list it on the sheet portion of the first post.

3) He went to the Freedom League to get the battlesuit fixed after he first got it. The thieves who killed his father also damaged the battlesuit, and he didn't have the know-how to fix it himself. The first place he thought he'd try was the heroes, but this was before the Terminus incident, and Daedalus was still in space. When none of them could help him, Sean went for more villainous help.

You know, there is already a villain in the M&M universe called "Gravtitar". Check out pgs 86-87 in the main book. I just thought your guys' fathers' name was pretty similar, and wanted to make you aware of it.

Maybe Gravitar took your father's name and mispronounced it somehow? :D

I figured that Gravitar didn't count as part of the Freedom City universe, since the only time he's used is to describe how Gravity Control works. He doesn't show up anywhere in the Rogues Gallery in the Freedom City book. I mean, there's only so many gravity-style names you can come up with. :)

When I was making my character, I was looking for inspiration from Crooks! There's a bit of Moonquake and a little Redhawk in Sean, but I think I differed from both of them enough that I'm my own character. They're also in the Meta-4 universe, so unless we get some crazy dimensional movement, I won't have to worry.

You know, there is already a villain in the M&M universe called "Gravtitar". Check out pgs 86-87 in the main book. I just thought your guys' fathers' name was pretty similar, and wanted to make you aware of it.

I figured that Gravitar didn't count as part of the Freedom City universe, since the only time he's used is to describe how Gravity Control works. He doesn't show up anywhere in the Rogues Gallery in the Freedom City book. I mean, there's only so many gravity-style names you can come up with. :)

When I was making my character, I was looking for inspiration from Crooks! There's a bit of Moonquake and a little Redhawk in Sean, but I think I differed from both of them enough that I'm my own character. They're also in the Meta-4 universe, so unless we get some crazy dimensional movement, I won't have to worry.