Animate Objects

So, we can't place summon in an array but can we put an animate objects (shadows only)effect? I was thinking of giving Kiera an alternate power for it.

Also is it effective at a very low rank? Like 2 or 3? I wanted to use a complication or drawback (-0) to show that she can only use the power at a limited rank, like she's still learning how to use the power and can't control too many or too strong a shadow.

Also is it effective at a very low rank? Like 2 or 3?

It depends on what you want to use it for. Remember that each level gives you 15 pp to build a minion with, so if all you want them for is to distract people or handle other minions, then it would be fine. They would not be able to handle even PL 6 characters, though.

I wanted to use a complication or drawback (-0) to show that she can only use the power at a limited rank, like she's still learning how to use the power and can't control too many or too strong a shadow.

Also, it's not a drawback to have understrength powers, so showing it as such would just be confusing.

So, we can't place summon in an array but can we put an animate objects (shadows only)effect? I was thinking of giving Kiera an alternate power for it.

Strictly speaking, no, since Animate Object is a version of the Summon power (Summon Animated Object).

But if you ask nicely, the Judges may reconsider. ;)

Uhhhmmmmm mmaaayybe? As you can tell I have lots of ideas but suck at making mechanics fit them >< At least this system is better at it then d&D!!

I thought the only thing you could do with environment control was like..weather or heat or cold and..stuff...how would that look? *doesn't have access to book atm*

Just a moment, I need to search for my UP.

[EDIT] And here we are. The basic effects of Distraction and Hamper Movement and since how exactly you achieve these is up to, little shadowlings should do nicely:

Distraction: You can create conditions to distract anyone attempting to concentrate, such as driving rain, hail, dust storms, and so forth. For 1 point per rank the distraction is DC 5, for 2 points per rank it’s DC 10, and for 3 points per rank it’s DC 15.

Hamper Movement: You can hamper movement through the area with high winds, icy or wet surfaces, or similar effects. For 1 point per rank, you halve movement speed through the area; for 2 points per rank, you reduce it to one-quarter.

ENVIRONMENTAL CONTROL

Type: General

Action: Standard (active)

Range: Ranged

Duration: Sustained

Saving Throw: See description

Cost: 1-2 points per rank

Environmental Control need not be "Weather control," it can be... well, anything that can be described as controlling/altering the environment in order to distract or hamper some foe. Remember, M&M is an effects-based system, so the effect a power has is the key thing.

In the adventure Time of Vengeance, several villains have Environmental Control, but only one is anywhere close to being a weather manipulator.

[*:2ey3qhbv]Arov can summon swarms of flies to distract his foes. Environmental Control (distract).
    [*:2ey3qhbv]Arbeh can summon locust swarms to distract his foes. Environmental Control (distract).
    [*:2ey3qhbv]Shkhin can cause people to break out in itching boils. Environmental Control (distract).
    [*:2ey3qhbv]Tsfardeia can summon armies of frogs. Environmental Control (distract) and Environmental Control (hamper movement).