Damage effect with the Tether feat

Avalon

If I were to take a blast effect with the Tether power feat, how would you rule trying to pull the hit target closer to you (like Scorpion from Mortal Kombat and the famous "Come over Here!" move)?

a) Opposed Knockback checks?

B) Opposed Strength checks with size mods?

c) Opposed Strength check without additional mods?

So if I do the the power I had in mind as a blast effect linked with snare (limited to only if the target is damaged, tether) how would you guys rule reeling him in? An opposed strength check or would a move object power be more appropriate?

Also, would reeling that person in be part of a full-round action sequence with the damage part taking up a standard action in the sequence?

At that point, you'd probably want to stick with the Damage effect Linked to the Snare effect. If you're trying to reel the target in at the same round, you'd need that Move Object effect Linked to the other two effects, but as the +1 extra form of Linked so that you don't always have to reel someone in. It would be very expensive to do this. The ability to pull on a Tether is already built in, but it'd take a longer action than you have (standard, not move).

That would require an opposed Strength check, or a regular Strength check if you were trying to pull something that is only resisting with its weight.

Depending on the descriptors of your Snare/Tether, the opponent might even be able to yank you around! (Think Spider-Man getting surprised by someone who yanks on his weblines).

What about using a form of elongation for the attack? Rank 6 Elong gives you a 200 foot reach and a "snap-back" as a free action. That only has a 60 foot increment though, but that might not be bad depending on what kind of range you want to have for the power.