Telekinesis

Yes you can make Telekinesis having both Area and Damage extras. But problem with it is that you will effect in all area even the allies unless you also take Selective Attack extras too.

Yes, well, I don't Have to use the extra right ? I can choose to activate it without the extra, and when I decide lots of people need to get pain, I can use it with the extra.

Indeed. Power Feats can be used for a power, but Extras must be used.

Examples

Blast 10 (PF: Homing). At any given round, you can choose to have the Blast be homing or not.

Blast 10 (Extra: Radius Area). Every time you use the Blast, it will be an area-affect thing.

You can, as Barnum says, get Alternate Powers of some Effect (building it as an Array) to have different versions of it. Ex:

TK 20 (PF: 2 Alt Powers)

* TK 15 (Extra: Area)

* TK 10 (Extras: Area, Damaging)

(total cost: 42pp)

Indeed. Power Feats can be used for a power, but Extras must be used.

Examples

Blast 10 (PF: Homing). At any given round, you can choose to have the Blast be homing or not.

Blast 10 (Extra: Radius Area). Every time you use the Blast, it will be an area-affect thing.

You can, as Barnum says, get Alternate Powers of some Effect (building it as an Array) to have different versions of it. Ex:

TK 20 (PF: 2 Alt Powers)

* TK 15 (Extra: Area)

* TK 10 (Extras: Area, Damaging)

(total cost: 42pp)

Hmm, what would Telekinesis with only the Area extra do ? lift everything in the area at once ?

I would make it more like this:

TK 10 (PF: 1 Alt Power)

* TK 10 (Damaging)

* TK 10 (Damaging. Area)

(Total cost: 31pp, if I'm not mistaken)

Hmm, what would Telekinesis with only the Area extra do ? lift everything in the area at once ?

Yes. But for uses of Telekinesis that were not "attacks" (grapple, trip, damage, etc.), all you would need to remedy this is the Selective Power Feat. If you have the Area Extra and want to make attacks on only some people in the area, then you would need the Selective Extra.

TK 10 (PF: 1 Alt Power)

* TK 10 (Damaging)

* TK 10 (Damaging. Area)

(Total cost: 31pp, if I'm not mistaken)

That array doesn't work because the power in the second array slot is more expensive than the base power.

You could do . . .

Tk 10 [Extras]

Alt - TK 10 [Extra]

Alt - TK 10

Cost = 42 PPs.

Yes. But for uses of Telekinesis that were not "attacks" (grapple, trip, damage, etc.), all you would need to remedy this is the Selective Power Feat. If you have the Area Extra and want to make attacks on only some people in the area, then you would need the Selective Extra.

That array doesn't work because the power in the second array slot is more expensive than the base power.

You could do . . .

Tk 10 [Extras]

Alt - TK 10 [Extra]

Alt - TK 10

Cost = 42 PPs.

I don't think the 2nd alternate power is needed. The damaging extra itself states that dealing damage with telekinesis is optional... It states I CAN do damage with it, so that would mean it's optional right.. ?

I don't think the 2nd alternate power is needed. The damaging extra itself states that dealing damage with telekinesis is optional... It states I CAN do damage with it, so that would mean it's optional right.. ?

Right. Technically the Damaging extra can't be "turned off," but it is like any application of Strength, you can decided if you want to actually hurt someone or not.

That's what I figured tnx ;-)

Sorry for my bothersome questions, but trying to check out my options here :-D

So.. suppose I want to be able to use telekinesis to lift up multiple items, and/or be able to crush those multiple items, while still maintain control over what I lift/crush... can't I just take the Area Extra, and apply the Selective power feat ?

For example, I want to be able to lift everything up on the street in the area I designate, except for my buddy who was standing in the middle of the area...

Also, would this be possible?:

Pyschic Powers Array:

*TKinesis 10 (Damaging, Perception; Subtle, Alternate Power x2)

*TKinesis 10 (Damaging, Area; Subtle)

Total Points: 44pp

This way, the Alternate Power's Array power's cost do not exceed the base power's cost right ? Swapping out Perception extra for Area extra keeps the costs the same.. not counting the alternate power feats as cost for the original power itself of course..

I don't think I agree entirely (but I could be wrong). I'm sticking by what I said earlier.

So if you want to lift a single rock (which requires no Attack Roll and no Save) using Area Telekinesis you could use the Selective Feat. But if you wanted to do anything with your Telekinesis that required a check of any kind and you didn't want to do it to the whole area, you'd need the Selective Extra.