Raveled

I am looking for three to four science/history/mystic PCs to investigate a rash of murders in a small, North Dakota town. This sleepy burg has had its population double since the discovery of shale gas underneath the land, and this has created a lot of tension between the settled population and the itinerant workers; the newly-flush citizens and those who remain impoverished; the oil company's workers and a group of hardcore eco-activists; the sane and the mad; etc.

That's fine, KD, but why are either of them in North Dakota?

Heh.

Well, CT could either be following some historical thing or another, or catch wind of shenanigans or some such on his way to the West Coast to see Quo-Dis.

As for Gabe, the only thing that comes to mind off-hand is either a motivational speaking engagement of some sort (Freedom League PR after the rather frightening events of the Incursion?), or some sort of negotiation or another (he's a pretty good diplomat!).

Foreshadow would have an excellent reason to be there, in point of fact.

How does this sound: Teriffica is contacted by an Internet friend who wants her to come to North Dakota, to this little town, to take a look at the oil that they're digging up out of the ground. It's some really weird oil, and he wants a second opinion from a noted genius.

Dude. Mental Quickness 8. 500 times the amount of time to read, deduce, and think. Throw in a personality obsessed with solving mysteries. And INT 38. She's not omniscient, but she can seem like it some times. She looks into anything and everything. That's what I'm saying. The easiest in short of Foreshadow.

Dude. Mental Quickness 8. 500 times the amount of time to read, deduce, and think. Throw in a personality obsessed with solving mysteries. And INT 38. She's not omniscient, but she can seem like it some times. She looks into anything and everything. That's what I'm saying. The easiest in short of Foreshadow.

I am trying to give Teriffia a special, unique clue to bring to this investigation, but you want her out there all loosy-goosy...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...