Limited Time Travel Possibilities

VideoGeek

I have been looking into a character with limited time travel abilities (i.e. one day into the past or future), but I haven't figured out how to create that in-game. Also, would any of the GM's on the site be willing to allow such a character in their games to begin with? (I promise not to abuse it!)

I suspected as such. I might work on an alternate build of the character, save the real thing for use as an NPC someday. Now, would there be the same level of opposition to Precognition? With the Uncontrollable flaw if necessary? And I'm still wondering if anyone has any ideas on that time travel build, because it seems crunchy.

Time Travel and Precognition only work well in games where the players run their characters (all on the same team) and the GM runs everything else. Around here, you will likely spend most of your time playing in threads without a GM at all, and your opponents will most likely be other players as well. If there is no GM who knows where the story is going (or no pre-planned story at all), how would Precognition work? Who would you ask to tell you about the future? Time Travel fails for the same reason. If you wanted to go back in time only one day to refight a battle or replay a scene, what would you do if the other players in the scene just didn't want to replay it with you?

I just think you will end up feeling like you've wasted those PPs.