Iron Man

Idk, I enjoyed most of them. But then again my taste for movies isn't exactly particular. It's common for me to go, "Hey I've seen this. It was good." and everyone to look at me and go "Are you kidding?" ><

I have that experience too, but not with comic book movies. :oops:

I didn't mean just comic book movies hehe. We should make a club for people who like most movies even I find that rare film where you're just like..wow that's awful. But most of those cases can be glossed over by having a blast making fun of the film. Anyone ever seen Eragon? never read that book but that movie just hurt me..

I actually enjoyed AvP and AvP:R. But I went in to both movies fully expecting them to be what they were -- mindless action fests with only tenuous connections to the original films -- and that's exactly what I got, so I was fine with them.

Eragon was painful, though. Haven't read the books, though I remember seeing a short interview with the author -- who at the time of writing them was around 15 years old -- and he'd said he basically wanted to do a Star Wars/Lord of the Rings-style epic for modern times (and he was bored, since he lived in the middle of nowhere). From what I've heard, the books read pretty much exactly how you'd expect an average 15 year old re-telling SW/LotR to read (i.e., terribly).

I'm hoping to see Iron Man either Thursday (with a group of gaming buddies) or Friday (with a group of co-workers).

I'm looking forward to watching a popcorn movie like Iron Man. I've heard Downey is reprising his role as Tony Stark for the new Hulk movie, which means Marvel is tying all their movies together to create a cinematic universe that's distinct from the comics. That is not an entirely bad idea from a marketing perspective.

And on the topic of AvP, I thought the second movie was better. The filmmakers made an actual horror movie, with all the gore you'd expect from the franchise, rather than some flimsy action movie. :)

I'm looking forward to watching a popcorn movie like Iron Man. I've heard Downey is reprising his role as Tony Stark for the new Hulk movie, which means Marvel is tying all their movies together to create a cinematic universe that's distinct from the comics. That is not an entirely bad idea from a marketing perspective.

No, it just means they're tying these two movies together. (Though I hear there's an Easter Egg/deleted scene in X-Men where Spidey appears, asking for directions on Ellis Island, and in Fantastic Four where Reed morphs his face into Wolverine's.)

No, it just means they're tying these two movies together. (Though I hear there's an Easter Egg/deleted scene in X-Men where Spidey appears, asking for directions on Ellis Island, and in Fantastic Four where Reed morphs his face into Wolverine's.)

You're probably right, though perhaps Marvel's long view is to integrate the movies closer together. There's a Captain America movie being talked about and a Thor movie will definitely been seen in the future. I doubt Spider-Man or the Fantastic Four will cross-over into other films.

I've seen the Spider-Man Easter Egg in X-Men. It's pretty cute. :)

Post-end credits scene (highlight to read):

Stark comes home, JARVIS (Just A Rather Very Intelligent System) welcomes him but starts glitching/slowing down, then is quiet. Stark sees a tall man in shadows standing behind his couch, looking out his windows.

"'I am Iron Man'. So, you think you're the only superhero around here?" the man says. "You're not, you've just taken your first step into a much larger universe."

"Who are you?"

"I'm Nick Fury," the man says, stepping out of the shadows, "director of S.H.I.E.L.D." Yes, it is Samuel L. Jackson, looking just like Ultimate Nick Fury. "And I'd like to talk to you about the Avengers Initiative."

Rumor I heard is that they're only going to do that if the Capt. America movie also does good numbers. I'm kinda looking forward to that one, but the cartoon versions annoyed the crap outta me. Oh sure, Thor gets taken down in like three hits, but Giant Man comes back like twice after getting the crap kicked outta him by Hulk. As a Thor mark, that made me very annoyed at the writers. Same in the sequel, though at least it made a little more sense.