Lynn nodded as she headed back out into her office. "Gotcha, what you like? I've got this fantastic challah bread that makes-" She suddenly froze in her tracks; when things were unsettled in the store, she had a habit of occasionally sending her senses around for a scan, shifting her gaze from her eyes to an number of conjured objects placed around the building. One of her favorites was the sculpted Medusa head over the front door, and this time it once again produced results. The store owner ran back into the main sales floor. "Hey, I just found my missing doppelganger, and it looks like she's got a well-dressed psycho on her six!" 

She flicked her left hand, and wicked claws of jet-black shadow formed at the tips of her fingers as she ran to the front door, quickly unlocked it and flung it open, a huge and rather scary grin on her face. "Hi, welcome back, and get your ass inside!"

Edited by Heritage
  • 1 month later...

Blodeuwedd had spent enough time around other heroes not to question when they seemed to know something out of nowhere, instead she moved to beside Lynn as if she could somehow see what the other woman was viewing.

“Can you give us anything more to go on?” her voice was it’s normal level self

No need to draw Dyrnwyn just yet, though she had her hand resting on the sword's hilt. If she’d know there would be trouble she wouldn’t have re-sheathed the weapon. Still you couldn’t expect trouble all the time.

Toni just looked at Jay. “How’d I get good with a bow? That’s easy, it was-“ And then Grim yelled, causing Toni to snap her head around to see what the problem was. “Oh god, one of those.” Everyone looking could see the man of impeccable hair, sartorial style, and indeterminate ethnicity. Wynn Epstein, alias Alt!Grim, stumbled into the store with him right on his heels. For Toni, the room seemed to freeze. Nobody moved. This was intentional. She ran at the man and gave him a big, all out dropkick. Time unfroze as she got up, and he was driven out into the street. He did not seem injured in the slightest. “Blod, are you seeing this? It’s not one of the new models. He’d have hit me.”

Cerwyn, the Blod she was referring to, muttered a mild Welsh curse. “Yes, I see. Was hoping to get out of this without having to deal with one of these.” He drew his version of Dyrnwyn. “Well, this’ll be fun. Would be lovely if you hurried up, Chris.” The man’s mouth opened and a glow came out of it. Cerwyn swore harder, still in Welsh. He pulled Cerys to the ground and Toni yanked both version of Grim out of the way, just in time for a yellow beam of energy to rip through the doorway and just about vaporize a rear bookshelf.

It made about as much noise as one would expect, drawing Chris (Alt!Kit) out from the back. “What’s with the racket? I’m freaking working, for the love-“ She saw the man and dropped a particularly vicious sounding curse that both Grims would understand, but only her double would recognize the language. “A security bot? Got to be an old model. Otherwise it’d be done with you already.” She thought, but only for a moment. “I’ll get back to it. I’m setting up the ritual now. I’m gonna need our book lady, though.” Wynn shot her a look of gratitude and scrambled to the back of the store. “You don’t have to beat it. I just need five minutes.” She turned, and with Wynn following, was gone. Leaving noting but the distinct odor of brimstone.

Lynn yelped a bit as she was yanked out of the path of the energy beam, but once she recovered on the floor in a crouch, she snarled with fury. "Why do people have to keep blowing up my store!" It was a mixed blessing that the perp was out on the street; on the one hand, it meant less damage to her precious store, but on the other hand it was very public and potentially dangerous for bystanders. But there was another upside; turning to Toni, she flashed a truly terrifying grin as she shifted into her professional gear, and Grimalkin was unleashed. "Thank God it's robots; I can really rip the s### out of a robot!"

The leather-clad heroine was soon out on the street, claws out and face flushed with fury as she tapped into her animalistic rage; her nostrils flared as her eyes glowed like cold blue flames as she leaped in the air and pounced on her foe.

Yeah, she could give them five minutes.

• 1 month later...

Tona’s head whipped back and forth, trying to take in everything as another Lynn and a man came through the door, and suddenly Toni was in full extension and the man was flying back out onto the street. She only had time to take half a step forward and open her mouth to demand an explanation, when a yellow beam of energy shot into the store.

The archer’s eyes narrowed and she spun on her heel, moving towards the door at a half-run. “I hate robots,” she muttered as she accelerated. She fixated on one and ran past it, shoulder-checking the robot at the last moment. It spun and she used the momentum to kick it in the back of its knee; no matter what kind of metal it was made of, the human body has certain points it bent at, and her blow forced it to one knee. That meant it was at the proper height for Tona to bring her heel around and slam it in the side of its head.

The whole thing took half a second, and then the archer was standing over the robot. “I hate robots,” she muttered, glaring down at it.