The Yamaguchi Job (OOC, Full)

MBCE

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Badb is stunned and brusied.

Exile moves behind the robots, spending a HP, only to miss.

Both Void and Ironhide manage to hit their tragets. One robot is Bruised and stunned, while the other is Staggered and Stunned.

1)Void DC 25;2)Ironhide DC 27 (1d20+10=19, 1d20+10=17)

COMBAT INFO

Name -- PL -- Attack -- Def -- Damage -- Tough -- Fort -- Reflex -- Will

The Void

PL: 11 Attk: +10 Def: +10 Dmg: +10 Tough: +4 Fort:+6 Ref: +12 Will: +13

Exile

PL: 11 Attk: +8 Def: +8 (+2 Ff) Dmg: +12 (<+15 boosted) Tough: +12 Fort: +8 Ref: +3 Will: +9

Badb

PL 11 Attk +9(w/ rad con) +7 Def +13 (FF +4) Dmg +13 Tough +8(+3 Ff) Fort: +7 Ref: +10 Will: +6

Ironhide

Pl 10, Attk +4/6 melee, Def: +6 Dmg: +12 Tough: +14(12 invn) Fort:+10 Ref:+4 Will:+8

Robots Attk +10, Def +10, Dmg +10, Tough +10

INITIATIVE

NPCs

PCs

ROUND FOUR

Only one robot working, turns and misses Exile.

Badb can act this round.

Exile blast hits but is unable to drain any toughness from it. The robot does take a bruise.

Ironhide hits his target but fails to damage it in any way.

Badb manages to fire her blast but misses her target.

Void is skipped due to no post.

COMBAT INFO

The Void

Exile

PL: 11 Attk: +8 Def: +8 (+2 Ff) Dmg: +12 (<+15 boosted) Tough: +12 Fort: +8 Ref: +3 Will: +9[Def-2]

Badb

PL 11 Attk +9(w/ rad con) +7 Def +13 (FF +4) Dmg +13 Tough +8(+3 Ff) Fort: +7 Ref: +10 Will: +6

Ironhide

Pl 10, Attk +4/6 melee, Def: +6 Dmg: +12 Tough: +14(12 invn) Fort:+10 Ref:+4 Will:+8

Robots Attk +10, Def +10, Dmg +10, Tough +10

INITIATIVE

NPCs

PCs

ROUND FIVE

Robots attack back.

1)Exile DEF18 Tough Dc 20;2)Badb DEF 23 TOugh DC20;3)Ironhide DEF 16 Tough DC22(power attack 2) (1d20+10=21, 1d20+10=15, 1d20+8=28)

Ironhide has a DC 27 due to the critical.

The Void wants to try on an Acrobatic bluff in order to do a redirect.

Is that OK with the GM?

Sure you can give it a try, but remember the limitations of the ability. You must first bluff it and then the new target must be adjacent to you.

The Void stands between the two bruised ones.

I have to ask, can you see the map? There is no space between any of the robots. You have to chose a different location.

Also, please use the grid cordinates when you want to move. It ensures that I put everyone exactly where they wish to be and there is no misunderstanding.

I thought this would happen, but wasn't each square 5x5 feet? or do they take up that much place?

If they don't, Void should be able to get between them.

If they are, these robots aren't to bright, standing lumped together and the Void will stand on M13.

Exile blast hits but is unable to drain any toughness from it.

Apart from the fact that it isn't a blast but rather a strike from what looks like a black sword I would just like to ask why no toughness is drained.

I assume, given the mechanical nature of the robots, that they lack a Con score, correct? One may also assume they have Immunity: Fortitude, this of course is what I presume you're thinking grants the necessary protection from Exile's drain effect. In which case I ask simply whether or not you've taken into account the Affects Objects Extra of that effect?

If you have I would like to ask why I'm spending points on what is suddenly a worthless Extra for what is meant to be one of my most effective attacks? Since as far as I'm aware everything without a Con score is more or less required to have Immunity: Fortitude Affects Objects becomes utterly worthless if it fails to do what it is meant to: allowing an effect to affect objects/constructs.

As I understand it Affects Objects is meant to, as it can be put, trump Immunity: Fortitude. An example of this might be found in this discussion over at the Atomic Thinktank.

If this isn't the case in the opinion of the referees' here I would like this to be stated in the Game Rules Clarifications. And if so is done I'm going to promptly head over to Character Edits to change the save for the drain effect; it would even save me points after all.

If you think I'm somewhat longwinded and trying to rules-lawyer my way to unwarranted power, I'm sorry. It's just that this isn't a minor matter; among other things it messes quite majorly with the perceived effect of my Black Blade power, and in cases like this it's a major point concerning the effectiveness of ones powers. In this particular case it's difference between an Injured condition and Disabled or even outright Dead.

The robot does take a bruise.

As a construct (i.e no Con) the robot only takes Lethal damage according to the rules.

Apart from the fact that it isn't a blast but rather a strike from what looks like a black sword I would just like to ask why no toughness is drained.

I assume, given the mechanical nature of the robots, that they lack a Con score, correct? One may also assume they have Immunity: Fortitude, this of course is what I presume you're thinking grants the necessary protection from Exile's drain effect. In which case I ask simply whether or not you've taken into account the Affects Objects Extra of that effect?

If you have I would like to ask why I'm spending points on what is suddenly a worthless Extra for what is meant to be one of my most effective attacks? Since as far as I'm aware everything without a Con score is more or less required to have Immunity: Fortitude Affects Objects becomes utterly worthless if it fails to do what it is meant to: allowing an effect to affect objects/constructs.

As I understand it Affects Objects is meant to, as it can be put, trump Immunity: Fortitude. An example of this might be found in this discussion over at the Atomic Thinktank.

If this isn't the case in the opinion of the referees' here I would like this to be stated in the Game Rules Clarifications. And if so is done I'm going to promptly head over to Character Edits to change the save for the drain effect; it would even save me points after all.

Here is how I did the Drain. As you listed, here:

If I do hit it the bucket of bolts can suck on a DC 27 Drain Toughness [Affects Objects] and a follow up of a DC 27 Toughness. In case the metallic one gets to suffer any Knockback, ignore it since it wouldn't fit the descriptor of the attack.

I had the impression of the list of a DC 27 drain that they get a save. After rereading the rules, and your concerns, I see that I was in error. I'll be adjusting things right away.

If you think I'm somewhat longwinded and trying to rules-lawyer my way to unwarranted power, I'm sorry. It's just that this isn't a minor matter; among other things it messes quite majorly with the perceived effect of my Black Blade power, and in cases like this it's a major point concerning the effectiveness of ones powers. In this particular case it's difference between an Injured condition and Disabled or even outright Dead.

No I do not. The mistake was completely my fault. I rarely use constructs and hadn't taken the time to check over the rules before using them. Anything that helps me run the game better helps a lot.

The robot does take a bruise.

As a construct (i.e no Con) the robot only takes Lethal damage according to the rules.

MASSIVE CORRECTIONS

Exile blast hits and drains the robot's toughness. It is more than enough to destroy the robot outright.

Ironhide hits his target but fails to damage it in any way.

Badb manages to fire her blast but misses her target.

Void is skipped due to no post.

COMBAT INFO

The Void

Exile

PL: 11 Attk: +8 Def: +8 (+2 Ff) Dmg: +12 (<+15 boosted) Tough: +12 Fort: +8 Ref: +3 Will: +9[Def-2]

Badb

Ironhide

Robots Attk +10, Def +10, Dmg +10, Tough +10 [Destroyed][Destroyed]

INITIATIVE

NPCs

PCs

ROUND FIVE

Robots attack back.

1) NEGATED 2)Badb DEF 23 TOugh DC20;3)Ironhide DEF 16 Tough DC22(power attack 2) (1d20+10=21, 1d20+10=15, 1d20+8=28)

Ironhide has a DC 27 due to the critical.

Void's acrobatics bluff works against the remaining robot, causing it to finish off the damaged machine.

• 3 weeks later...

As it looks like two of the characters have been archived, Badb and Void, and the lack of posting from anyone else, I believe this thread is finished.

However, I hate seeing a story stop dead so I'll wrap this up in the next few days just to have it finished.