The Yamaguchi Job (OOC, Full)

MBCE

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are the details to the job as the villains know.

-------

Yamguchi waits for the three to sit down before speaking again. "The job is simple. A competitor of mine is importing some merchandise into Freedom city by way of ship into North Bay. The containers are large and I don't want that merchandise to get where it's supposed to be going. If you're willing to do the job, I'd like you to make sure that those containers get to me. I will pay you handsomly for the job, but pricing as well as more detail will come to those that are willing to learn more."

Yasmaguchi looks at Ironhide. "My competitor has ties to Russia. For the moment that is all I'm willing to say on the matter. For this job, that's all you need to know about my competitor. If you have a fear for getting invovled with Russia, then you may wish to back out now before I give too much details."

Yamaguchi reaches down and slowly removes a breifcase. He places it on the table and opens it for the three to see. "For this job, I can give you each three hundred thousand dollars up front and another three hundred thousand after the job is done." Inside the briefcase are packets of hundred dollar bills.

Yamaguchi smiled broadly at Badb and templed his fingertips together before him. "Of course. The merchandise will be guarded. Once it has been brought in the warehouse, my competitor will have his men watching it. Of course," he says as he leans back, "I would hate for you to leave without reducing his work force in anyway possible. The job does not need to be silent. On the contrary, I want it loud. I want my competitor to know that he was hit and hit strongly."

Yamaguchi smiles at Badb's response. "Good. I'm glad to see you're aboard. Ad for the first portion, I give you a small part of it now. I was unsure as to how many would arrive today to take the job so was not prepared to paid out to everyone. It will be cash. The remaining portion and the second half, will be paid when the job is complete. We can arrange to have it in any form that you wish. I will just need the details."

Yamaguchi looks at the others and nods his head. "Now, let me give you the details. In a warehouse in North Bay, my competitor is going to be storing a large shipment of Machine tools from Russia. Of course, it is not the actually machine tools that I want. It is the small hidden boxes within ten of the crates. Each box is about the size of a briefcase with a bar code on top to identify it. All of the bar codes are the same so once you haveo ne, you'll know you have the others as well."

"The contents of these boxes are very delicate so please be careful while handling them. My competitor will have a number of his men watching the area so it should be more than enough fun for you to enjoy. However, there is a time limit on the job. Once your presence has been detected, you'll have ten to twenty minutes before he sends reenforcements. Also, there's a chance that a pesky hero or two may be in the area, so watch out. You can have your fun, but the main job is to get me those ten boxes. Any questions?"

Yamaguchi shrugs his shoulders. "I do not know. The merchandise is important enough to have very heavy security, but I doubt that it will be his complete force. It's one of the reasons why I'm offering so much for the job. I know he will have security, but not what."

Yamaguchi turns to Exile and smile. "The ship will arrive in a few more days. He'll be moving the merchandise within a week's time so you had better do your preparations quickly. The boxes all weigh about 5 pounds each but they can not be teleported. Their contents are very delicate and strange movements like teleporting may upset them greatly. They would become useless to me as well as very dangerous to you. Once you have the merchandise, bring it to me here." Yamaguchi hands over a small strip of paper with an address in Lincoln."

----------

Any preparations for the job will be handled off camera here. So if there is anything you want to do before the action starts, ask away.

I suppose my only off camera prep would be a scene with the contact, where I inform him that he's hired me only as protection, and I take no responsibility for him getting his merchandise. Yes, it's not great team play, but I am a solitary villainess with aggression issues. In game I may very well help with the snagging, but character wise I only intend to try and wail on people.

I suppose my only off camera prep would be a scene with the contact, where I inform him that he's hired me only as protection, and I take no responsibility for him getting his merchandise. Yes, it's not great team play, but I am a solitary villainess with aggression issues. In game I may very well help with the snagging, but character wise I only intend to try and wail on people.

Then he most likely wouldn't hire Badb then. He wants the merchandise more than anything else. If Badb is going to be clear that she's not going to be responsible about seeing the maerchandise arrives, he wouldn't really want her along. Now, if she says she'll go but keep her own mental picture of playing protection only, that's a different story. :) What he doesn't know won't hurt him.

So Badb has the following options:

--Accept the job as is and try to get the merchandise for Yamaguchi.

--Accept the jon but keep her own agenda to herself. [Whatever that may be.]

--Decline the job and still show up to beat up on whomever is there. [Always fun froma villain's persepctive.]

--Decline the job and simply stay at home.

There may be other options out there, but the above four are the ones I can see. Any of the first three will still allow Badb in the thread. The last one would effectively boot her out. I do want Badb in the thread, though. If you can find a reason why she would do the job it would be great.

Hmm. I suppose I can always have her just telling other people to grab the cases. Whether or not they listen (and I would assume not) is up to them. She's in for whatever she's being paid for, but she does get caught up in battle frenzy. So I suppose we can say she's there to clear everyone else path to the cases and to grab one or two on the way out as needed? I want to be involved, but I'm kinda trying to shift my character away from being a merc. But then I also don't want to be the "I don't care if it annoys you, I'm in character" guy

Hmm. I suppose I can always have her just telling other people to grab the cases. Whether or not they listen (and I would assume not) is up to them. She's in for whatever she's being paid for, but she does get caught up in battle frenzy. So I suppose we can say she's there to clear everyone else path to the cases and to grab one or two on the way out as needed? I want to be involved, but I'm kinda trying to shift my character away from being a merc. But then I also don't want to be the "I don't care if it annoys you, I'm in character" guy

Sounds perfect!

I'm looking to have Exile do a bit of research, more precisely researching the proper ritual for the following power

Former Glory [boost]

which would require 28 hours of research and a 70 minute ritual to allow Exile to, temporarily, tap into part of the might he used to have.

I had pretty much assumed that was going to be the plan. We could try stealth, but getting 5 people onto one ship? That might take some sort of miracle in the dice rolling department. And on a practical level, how many of the involved characters have good stealth?

Exile can do combat, social, and mystic, but not stealth. Looking over our characters there's only Babd and Ronin who can do anything stealthily, and Babd doesn't strike me as particularly interested in doing this quietly.

Luckily our job specifications encourages us to make a considerable mess of everything but the retrieval.

MBCE, I would point out that it is highly unlikely that there are any warehouses in North Bay.

First off, North Bay is a residential area, so zoning laws would keep industrial uses such as a warehouse out of the area. Second, North Bay isn’t just any residential area, it is THE most exclusive area of the city, with mansions and other very large homes. That makes it even more unlikely there would be any warehouses.

Greenbank is a far better choice, for that is pretty much nothing but warehouses.

Also, having a warehouse in North Bay just sort of makes it feel like it could be any other part of the city, instead of the distict, different area that it is designed to be.

Alright I got the skills to do some recon if we're going to do that.

Is there anything special you want Ronin to check up on? Give me a list, in order of priority, of what you want to find out with a roll for each item. I'll go down the list and tell you how far you get as well as what you learn.

MBCE, I would point out that it is highly unlikely that there are any warehouses in North Bay.

First off, North Bay is a residential area, so zoning laws would keep industrial uses such as a warehouse out of the area. Second, North Bay isn’t just any residential area, it is THE most exclusive area of the city, with mansions and other very large homes. That makes it even more unlikely there would be any warehouses.

Greenbank is a far better choice, for that is pretty much nothing but warehouses.

Also, having a warehouse in North Bay just sort of makes it feel like it could be any other part of the city, instead of the distict, different area that it is designed to be.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll ahve to go over the source book again, but looking at the detailed map of the city, there seems to be docks in North Bay. I may have to adjust things slightly after checking up the source book, but it's going to happen here regardless of the minor details.

The only dock show in North Bay is an exclusive yacht club. :) There are docks in Kingston (that are also on rail lines).

North Bay also has a small airport, but the book says it is for private aircraft and private charter flights. (which is again likely for the rich).

The IC thread has been opened.

There you'll find what you learn of the building a few days before arrival. If there is anything special you want to do with the information, let me know with that thread.

When making rolls for the thread, please use the tag [YJ] so I know which rolls to look at.

There will be a mixture of minions as well as real opponents. When fighting real opponents, I'll make the toughness saves. Minions you can do yourself and incorporate the results in your post. I'll go over combat posting later when we get into that situation.

Let's have a good game! :D

I'm looking to have Exile do a bit of research, more precisely researching the proper ritual for the following power

Former Glory [boost]

which would require 28 hours of research and a 70 minute ritual to allow Exile to, temporarily, tap into part of the might he used to have.

YOu have teh time and ability to get the ritual made in time with no problems.

What I will need from everyone as this may move through two or three XP boosts, is a listing of your present abilities before we start. Please write the following information here.

Name -- PL -- Attack -- Def -- Damage -- Tough -- Fort -- Reflex -- Will