Lightning nodded. “Don’t look at me for this. You’ll go blind.” In the blink of an eye he was easily a hundred feet or more in the air. He’d practically teleported. He extended a hand. A brilliant bolt of electricity leapt out of it. It was by far the most powerful bolt the heroes had seen all night, and that was saying something. It turned a dark and stormy night brighter than midday. Without the dense cloud cover, it probably could’ve been seen from space. Lightning landed on the ground. “That’ll do it. Erased, Phoenix. Man the cage. Endeavour, with me. Miracle Girl, Charger, stand ready. Samaritan, Errant, do what you can. This ain’t going to be easy.” In the distance, an animal that had no business this close to an American city roared.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The roar belonged to the Voltivore. It flew in and electricity seemed to rip its way out of Lightning and into the creature. However, the dark skinned teen seemed none the worse for wear. “That’s the plan. Let it focus on me as much as it can, so none of you get fried.” The creature roared again. It was a wall of sound unlike any the group had felt before. Intimidating? Sure, if you’re an everyday Joe or Jane. But these were superheroes. Well, half of them were at least. They faced danger daily. That roar was nothing at all compared to that. It was everything else the beast might be able to do that could be a problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Charger flared with light for a moment, and when it was gone he looked noticeably bigger. He wasn’t any taller. His muscles weren’t any bigger. But he gave off a distinct impression of being somehow bigger and stronger. “Fully charged up, Lightning.” He grunted.

Lightning rolled his neck around. “All right, let’s try this again.” He reached out a hand as if to blast another bolt, but instead the Voltivore shuddered and bucked, as if held by an invisible hand. “I can’t do this all night, Endeavour. That rod of yours has the same power I do. Gimme a hand, here.”

Endeavor was taking her time as she needed to make absolutely sure she could nail that think with the magnetic field of her EM wand. As the beast screeched and it looked like Lightning was having issues, Endeavor knew it was now or never. "Okay all I have to do is reverse the polarity of the ion flow..." She said, flicking out the wand like a practiced wizard or witch. But it's glow suggested something far, far more strange as it made a humming sound as a magnetic field that was stronger than an MRI... stronger than what many in that battlefield knew and had seen in experienced coursed out of the wand, pulling the very ambient fields of the earth as well. She aimed her magnetic grasp towards the lightning-beast.

"Here voltie, voltie, voltie! Play nice and go back in your cage!!!" She said, the struggle was on! And it was real!

Edited by Osprey
  • 4 weeks later...

Miracle Girl quickly saw that this beastie was not going to go in the cage willingly, so she decide to throw her hat into the ring; bracing for the anticipated pain of electrical contact, she flew over and did her best to wrap her powerful arms around the Voltivore and help drag it down towards the waiting confinement. She'd survived being struck by lightning once before, so she felt fairly confident this would work. Fairly confident.

This is not going to be much fun.

Edited by Heritage