Leonard Layton Lancaster Esq. (PL-10)

Year_of_the_Fox

Player Name: Kit

Character Name: Leonard Layton Lancaster, Esq.

Power Level: 10 (150pp/150pp)

Trade-Offs: None

Unspent Power Points: 0

Progress To Bronze Status: 0/30

In Brief:

A private eye and attorney at law, LLL is in the business to help heroes in need or that have been charged with crimes. On the side, he does his own hero work. Usually his interests overlap with his clients.

Residence

A penthouse in Parkside

Base of Operations:

A small law office in City Central

Catchphrase:

"With liberty, and justice for all."

Theme:

Edited by Year_of_the_Fox

So YoF, a few things for your character.

For your combat, you are at the bare minimum we allow for BAB vs feats. Perhaps consider adjusting that some? What is the character going to do if his railgun is taken away?

Your Toughness is just under caps. You really should try to hit the caps.

Skills:
There is no Knowledge (Law), you want Knowledge (Civics), which includes law.
We also do not really use the skill Profession, (and its spelled Attorney). Depending on what type of law the character practices, that profession can be covered by other skills. Knowledge (Civics) would cover a lot of it, if he is a trial attorney, maybe ranks in Perform (Oratory).

Powers:
For the Keepsake Collection, why are they only usable by your character? (not saying that has to change, just think it needs some explanation). Also, you need to note this is hard to lose (although I question why that is the case, for example, the railgun should probably be easy to lose).

For the Railgun, how is it Subtle? Your firing a weapon that looks like a regular handgun, not sure how that would be subtle? Also, want to make sure you understand how Improved Range works, all that does is increase your range increments, in this case you would have a range increment of 500’ before you start taking range penalties. However, the maximum range does not change, so it stays 1,000’. You should note by the feat that it gives you a 500’ range increment.

So YoF, a few things for your character.

For your combat, you are at the bare minimum we allow for BAB vs feats. Perhaps consider adjusting that some? What is the character going to do if his railgun is taken away?

Your Toughness is just under caps. You really should try to hit the caps.

Skills:

There is no Knowledge (Law), you want Knowledge (Civics), which includes law.

We also do not really use the skill Profession, (and its spelled Attorney). Depending on what type of law the character practices, that profession can be covered by other skills. Knowledge (Civics) would cover a lot of it, if he is a trial attorney, maybe ranks in Perform (Oratory).

Powers:

For the Keepsake Collection, why are they only usable by your character? (not saying that has to change, just think it needs some explanation). Also, you need to note this is hard to lose (although I question why that is the case, for example, the railgun should probably be easy to lose).

For the Railgun, how is it Subtle? Your firing a weapon that looks like a regular handgun, not sure how that would be subtle? Also, want to make sure you understand how Improved Range works, all that does is increase your range increments, in this case you would have a range increment of 500’ before you start taking range penalties. However, the maximum range does not change, so it stays 1,000’. You should note by the feat that it gives you a 500’ range increment.

This is what I was concerned with with one of my other characters, really. So a bit of reworking it and I might be able to get in unarmed attacks or maybe, use brass knuckles or a regular sidearm as a backup. To be honest he wasn't meant to be superhumanly strong or that effective in melee combat. It's my first attempt at a 'badass normal' type I think it's referred to as.

I don't know why I add a U in Attorney. I think I'm spelling it like it sounds in my head phonetically and it kind of keeps kicking in. I almost did it in this sentence, for an example. I can drop the Profession and reassign the skill ranks as required (assuming of course, that I'd be using Perform (Oratory) and either Bluff or Diplomacy in a set of rolls that would represent say, speaking to a jury or a witness (almost spelled jury as 'jourey'. Must be a phonetics thing)

The technological ones would have been crafted for him by his clients, for example they would need biometric ID, or some kind of genetic signature tailored to suit him. Same with the flask and amulet, except as magical enchantments. I can't explain the seeds honestly.

it's meant to look like a handgun but fire like a railgun. Since it operates through magnetic propulsion instead of a gunpowder mix, I figure the sound of it actually firing would be hard to notice, and there wouldn't be a muzzle flash. That, and the potential of a sound dampener. I know that the big railgun prototype that the uh.. navy I think made up is all flashy and loud but I figure sufficiently-advanced technology would get around certain problems associated with them. Also, no problem removing that and the range increments if my explanation doesn't work. And yes, I seem to be misinterpreting some of the effects. Thank you.

Ideas:

Replace the Railgun with a Coilgun. Same kind of thing from my understanding, but quiet.

Power Loss as a potential complication?

I'm also glad this one looks to have less problems than Yukiko had when I first threw her out there. Yay for improvement!

Edit:

Replaced Know Law with Know Civics

Removed Profession, added Perform (Oratory)

Increased Sense Motive to 9

Used extra PP to increase Protection to 8, thereby evening out Toughness at 10

Checked PP totals and adjusted. Hope I didn't miss any this time!

Dropped uh.. Increase Range Progression thing.

So a few things.

• Toughness still mentions Protection 7 as a holdover I assume.  Total comes up right though.
  • Only 20PP actually spent in Feats not 21.  Although the total cost of everything still comes out to 150, because you actually spent 38PP on Powers which is noted in the powers section but not in the bottom.
  • The Skeleton Key might actually be better served as Super Movement (Permeate) if it can only be used to go though doors.  It's not a necessary change or anything, just postulating here.
  • I'm curious about some of the fluff explanation like in the actual Powers and Tactics section of the sheet for as to why the collection iss not Restricted 1 [biometric ID], why it's hard to lose, how the rail/coilgun ricochets, etc.  Just to paint a picture.
  • His Knockback Resistance is actually -5 with the armor

So a few things.

• Toughness still mentions Protection 7 as a holdover I assume.  Total comes up right though.
  • Only 20PP actually spent in Feats not 21.  Although the total cost of everything still comes out to 150, because you actually spent 38PP on Powers which is noted in the powers section but not in the bottom.
  • The Skeleton Key might actually be better served as Super Movement (Permeate) if it can only be used to go though doors.  It's not a necessary change or anything, just postulating here.
  • I'm curious about some of the fluff explanation like in the actual Powers and Tactics section of the sheet for as to why the collection iss not Restricted 1 [biometric ID], why it's hard to lose, how the rail/coilgun ricochets, etc.  Just to paint a picture.
  • His Knockback Resistance is actually -5 with the armor

1 and 2: Yeah I have a problem remembering all the numbers. Usually there's a total somewhere I forget to change.

3. I forgot that Permeate exists as a Super Movement as well. That sounds nicer. I'll change it.

4. Currently I'm trying to figure out how to best explain that before making edits to the main post. For example: A good explanation would be that it would be the +2 restriction because the biometric ID would be tailored to him. I don't know what kind of broad group would necessarily make sense in this situation to make 1 instead, harder to lose I just don't know anymore, deliberately ricocheting might be more akin to a shooting trick since even regular bullets can ricochet off of just about anything.

5. Forgot to change that when I changed the toughness

I mean I guess I can remove the device and simply make it an array, but then saying that the powers would come from stuff given to him makes no sense as they wouldn't be able to be removed at all

There's nothing wrong with having it as a Hard to Lose sort of deal.  But, was just looking for the explanation as to why they would have to be helpless for it to be taken away.  As opposed to having an Easy to Lose device with multiple uses of our multiple weapons house ruled feat.  Some sort of magnetic field keeping it attached to some weird harness system...okay yeah I don't even know where I was going with that example.  But, was just trying to see the reasoning not talk you away from if it represents what you want.

There's nothing wrong with having it as a Hard to Lose sort of deal.  But, was just looking for the explanation as to why they would have to be helpless for it to be taken away.  As opposed to having an Easy to Lose device with multiple uses of our multiple weapons house ruled feat.  Some sort of magnetic field keeping it attached to some weird harness system...okay yeah I don't even know where I was going with that example.  But, was just trying to see the reasoning not talk you away from if it represents what you want.

Oh, I know. I understand what you were trying to do. I'm not like, frustrated or mad or anything, more frustrated at myself for not having a ready answer since I like having everything planned out before I put a thing!

I was talking it over with Exaccus cuz you know, bad memory so he'd remember more than I would since he helped. Forgot a complete aspect of it.

The device is a container he has on his person, like a satchel or something like that. In game mechanics words, the device is the bag *itself* and the powers are how they *physically appear* during the use of any particular power in the array. If the gun were to say, be disarmed, he would will it back into the satchel and draw it again on his next turn if he were able.

Wasn't sure what else to do with this at the moment so I thought I'd just go ahead and start out on the extras so I'd be ready in case it feels ready-enough to move to Submission by others

1. Where is your hero from?

Culver City, CA

2. How would your hero physically describe him/herself? Is this different from how others would?

A rather professional-looking gentleman in his mid-30s. I don't think so.

3. Does your hero have distinguishing speech characteristics or recurring mannerisms?

He likes to check his watch a lot, especially if it seems like there's nothing interesting going on

4. What is your hero's motivation?

Truth and justice

5. What are your hero's greatest strengths and weaknesses?

His greatest strengths would be his charisma and intellect, his greatest weakness would be the fact that he's 'only human'

6. What does your hero love? What does your hero hate?

He love his work as his work helps people, he hates anti-hero or anti-metahuman sentiment.

7. How would you describe your character's mental and emotional state?

Stable, as would be required for his work.

8. What does your hero fear the most?

He hasn't encountered anything he's feared, yet

9. What is your character's greatest ambition?

To become a congressman, perhaps even president

10. How does your hero feel about the state of the world and his/her place in it?

He likes his place in the world at the moment, but he felt if he could be at a place of higher power, he could do a better job of helping the world be a better place

11. Does your hero have any prejudices? How does he/she get along with others?

He gets along well with others - it's part of his job. He isn't so keen to get along with prosecutors though, as he first thinks they'll go out of their way to cause trouble.

12. Where do your heroes loyalties lie? In what order?

Himself, his morals, his clients, his country. In that order.

13. Does your hero have a lover or partner? How do they feel about the hero now?

He used to. She's deceased.

14. Does your hero have a family? What is the relationship there like?

His father is retired but they remain close. His mother and wife are both deceased, but they used to get along well.

15. How would the people closest to your hero describe him or her?

Kind, charismatic when required, carries a stern demeanor when the situation calls for it.

16. Is your hero a role model?

He'd like to think he is

17. How spiritual is your hero? Does your hero follow a religious tradition?

He was raised Catholic, but became an atheist during his college years

18. Is your hero part of a team, or would he/she like to be? Why?

No, he isn't. Yes, he might like to be someday as long as it didn't interfere with his job

19. How does your hero feel about the place of metahumans and aliens on Earth?

He's defended metahumans in court before, and he would again. It's the same with any kind of creature that needed representation for the sake of justice

20. If you could give one piece of advice to your hero, what would it be?

Not everything has to be about work or doing the greater good. Take some 'me' time. Travel. Do something fun.

Introduction

Who are you? Sum yourself up in one sentence.
I am Leonard Layton Lancaster Esquire, a lawyer and a private eye.

Do you have any nicknames, street names, titles, or nom de plume?
My title is Equire, my nickname is Leo.

What is your full birth name?
Leonard Layton Lancaster

Where do you live?
Freedom City

How old are you? What year were you born (if applicable)?
35, 1979

Physical Traits

What is your gender? If not applicable, please explain.
Male

How would you describe your heritage?
I am a lawyer, as my father was and his father before him

How tall are you?
6'2''

What is your body type?
Strong build

Do you have any particular weaknesses, such as allergies or physical disabilities?
Not that I'm aware of, no

How do you carry yourself? Are you graceful, or heavy on your feet? Can you be stealthy, do you walk with confidence?
Very officially, orderly. Standing straight, walking with confidence. I could be stealthy if I were so inclined

Describe your skin, eye, and hair color.
Caucasian, blue, brown

How do you wear your hair, if applicable? Do you have facial hair?
Short, slicked-back. No, I prefer to be cleanly-shaven

Do you consider yourself attractive? Do others?
Yes, and yes

Do you have any scars, tattoos, piercings, or birthmarks?
No

Do you resemble anyone famous?
Not that I'm aware of

Do you have a dominant hand?
My right hand

What kind of clothing do you wear?
Suits. Always suits.

Do you wear makeup?
No

What is your vocal range? Is your voice distinctive in some way?
I'm not sure, but my voice commands attention

Do you have any distinctive habits, nervous tics, or mannerisms? Where did they come from, and what causes them? Do other people notice and remark on these habits? Do they annoy you or other people?
Apparenly, I check my watch when things seem to be running slowly. I don't know where it came from, but people notice after about the fifth time I do it. I'm sure it appears as impatience and that could annoy others.

History

Where do you come from?
Culver City, CA

Have you made any major moves, or do you live in your hometown?
I moved from Culver City to Freedom City a few years after graduation

Do you feel loyal to your country of citizenship? Do you consider yourself patriotic? How do you feel about the government of your country?
Yes, yes, and I believe it could do with some reform

How do you feel about the place you come from?
Culver City? It was a nice little city. A lot of history in the TV and Movie industry

Where is your home town? What was/is it like?
Culver City, CA. More a city than a town, but it's quite nice

Growing up, were most of the people you knew similar to you, or were you somehow a minority? How did that affect you?
They were similar to me, yes, though a lot of them were the children of business magnates, lawyers, actors or the like.

Is there something you've always been really good at or really bad at? How has that affected your life?
I've always been rather charismatic, much like my parents. I'm sure that's helped me find the success I've found in my job as a lawyer

Were there any traumatic experiences in your early years (death of a family member, abandonment, orphaned at an early age)?
No, not really. My mother didn't pass away until a few years ago, my wife until a few years before that

Briefly describe a defining moment in your childhood and how it influenced your life.
The first time I found documentaries on mutant rights, I knew I wanted to be a lawyer as my father had, to support them. The noir films helped me want to be a PI, which would come to eventually assist my abilities to lawyer

What stupid things did you do when you were younger?
A friend of mine and I used to get into shootouts with BB guns in the house when we played cops and robbers and other like games. It resulted in a lot of broken windows around both our houses.

Where did you go to school? How much school did you have, and did you enjoy it?
I attended both Turning Point and Venture private schools in my city, and after graduation applied for and attended Yale Law, with post-graduate studies.

Do you have any mementos of your childhood? What are they, and why did you keep them? If you have none, why not?
I have the collector's edition set of thirteen Perry Mason VHS tapes, a number of reels of old detective noir films bought from collectors and given to me for my birthdays, a vintage Red Ryder Carbine passed down to me by my father, as well as various bits of MGM memorabilia and set pieces from my parents.

When did you decide to become a hero? Why? Did anyone influence you one way or another in the decision?
When I was young, and the mutant documentaries influenced my decision more than any one person did.

Is the reason you give people for becoming a hero different than your real reason? If so, why?
No

Do you have any deep, dark secrets in the past that may come back to haunt you?
Not that I can think of

Do you represent yourself as being different from who you really are? Why?
No, I try to be as honest and open as possible, because people need to trust me.

If you do have these secrets, what do you fear would happen if the truth became known? How far would you go to protect those secrets?
N/A

Do you have any sort of criminal record? If so, is it public knowledge?
No, if I did it would have impacted my schooling and undoubtedly my career

Family

What are your biological parents' names?
Frederick and Rosanne Lancaster

Were you raised by them? If not, please explain and describe who raised you.
I was

What was their standing in the community? What did/do they do for a living?
They had good standing in the community. My father was on the MGM lawyering team and my mother was an actress often hired by them

Where are your parents now?
My father is retired at the family home in Culver City, my mother passed away a few years ago

Did your family stay in one area or move around a lot?
They stayed in one area

How did you get along with their parents? How do you get along with them now (if applicable).
I got along well with them before, and I still do now

How do your parents view you now, or how would they?
My parents always said they were proud of me, and I'm inclined to believe them

Do you have any siblings? If so how many and what are their names? Describe your relationship with them.
No

What was your birth order in the family?
N/A

Where are your siblings now (if applicable)? Do they have families of their own? What do they do?
N/A

Do you stay in touch with them or have you become estranged?
N/A

Do you love or hate one member of the family in particular?
Not particularly, no

Is any member of the family special to you in any way (perhaps, as a confidant, mentor, or arch-rival)?
My mother was the one who gave the most support for my desire to defent mutants, heroes etc.

Are there any black (or white) sheep in the family (including you)? If so, please explain.
Not that I'm aware of

Do you have a notorious or celebrated ancestor? If so, please explain, including how it has affected your life.
Well, usually people think lawyers are the devil. it's been a little joke in our family that we're 'doing the devil's work'.

Do you have a partner and children currently? If so, please describe them.
No, she passed away a few years ago.

If you do not have a partner or children, do you want them someday? How firm are you in your opinion on this, and what might change your mind?
I'm not sure yet.

What type of person would be your ideal mate?
Someone kind, with a strong moral code and sense of justice

Relationships

Do you have any close friends? If so, please describe them, and how you came to be close to them.
My employees are my closest friends, and I've become close with them over the years on the job. I consider some of my former clients friends, and still touch base with them on occasion.

Do you have a best friend? If so, how did they become your best friend? How close are you to your best friend?
Doctor Winston Pennysworth or - as he was better-known-as - Doctor Nefario. He's a reformed villain - a scientist now - and was my first major case. He often visits and we go out for coffee or dinner sometimes.

If you were to go missing, who would worry about you?
My employees, my friends, etc.

Have you lost any loves? If so, how did it happen, and what did you do?
My wife, Deborah. She passed away in her sleep from a brain anyeurism a while. I was broken up, for a while, but I had her buried in the Garden of Honor at Forest Lawn, Glendale.

Do you have any bitter enemies? If so, please describe them and their history with you.
I'm sure some overzealous prosecutors might view me as bitter enemies, and anti-mutant, anti-hero groups.

If you have enemies, how do you think they might attempt to work against you in the future?
The best way they can - in litigation.

What is the worst thing someone has done to you?
I was shot once by a family member of a plaintiff once outside of the courthouse once.

Where do your loyalties lie? In what order?
Myself, my morals, my clients, my country. In that order.

Who or what do you trust the most? Why?
My judgement. It's for the best

Who or what do you despise? Why?
I despise prosecutors that put their prejudices before their job

What qualities do you admire most in other people? Are these qualities you possess?
A strong moral center, a love for true justice, kindness and, yes, I do

What qualities do you hate most in other people? Do you have any of those qualities?
Prejudice, closed-mindedness, irrational hatres. I don't think so, but it's not impossible that I just don't realize it.

Do you have a secret identity? If so, who knows it? Do you hide it from people who are close to you? Why?
My secret identity is my public identity and I'd be surprised if anyone *didn't* know it. It's my 'heoric' identity that's more of a secret than anything.

Do you work well on teams and in groups? Are you a leader or a follower?
Yes, and I fancy myself as a leader. I could be a follower if someone more capable was around.

Are you on a super team? If so, how do you get along with your comrades? Do you trust them, or do you have secrets from them?
No

Are you a member of any church, fraternal organization, club, committee, political party, or other group? How much time do you spend on that?
I'm a bar-certified lawyer and considered an honorary member of pro-mutant and like groups due to my work.

Personality & Beliefs

Who are your heroes?
Abraham Lincoln

Did you ever become disillusioned with former heroes or idols? If so, why and what were the circumstances?
No

Do you like being a hero? If so, what is the most rewarding part? If not, what makes you keep doing it?
Of course I do, because it helps those in need

Is there anything that would make you give up hero work, or even switch sides?
Election to an office, such as congress or the presidency, as unlikely as that might be

What are your short term goals (what would you like to be doing within a year)?
I'd like to be doing the same thing I'm doing now

What are your long term goals (what would you like to be doing twenty years from now)?
I'd like to be a member of congress, at least

What is your greatest fear? Why? What do you do when something triggers this fear?
I haven't found anything I fear yet, but even if I did I wouldn't tell anyone

Is there anything you would give you life for?
I'm sure there is

How do you feel about money and material wealth? Do you desire it or disdain it? Are you miserly with what you have, or do you like to share? Is it a mark of success, or a means to an end?
I grew up with it, I grew up around it. I desire it, and I like to spend it. It's both a mark of success and a means to an end, because with enough money, you can do almost anything.

How do you generally treat others?
I treat others as I'd like to be treated in return

Are you a trusting person? Has your trust ever been abused?
I am. You need to be to do what I do. And it has, once.

Are you introverted (shy and withdrawn) or extroverted (outgoing)? Do you have a lot of self-confidence?
I'm extroverted and brimming with self-confidence

How do you act around attractive, available members of your preferred sex?
As a gentleman, as any should

What are your most annoying habits?
Apparently, checking my watch

Do you feel contempt for any general category of people? Who are they, and why?
Are 'anti-mutant' or 'anti-hero' groups considered 'general category'?

What is your favorite food? Do you prefer any particular type of food? Do you take the time to enjoy your food, or do you eat as fast as you can?
My favorite food is bison, I prefer meat and I savor every bite

What is your favorite drink (alcoholic or otherwise)?
Chocolate milk. A childhood favorite and good at relieving headaches

What is your favorite treat (dessert)?
A chocolate milkshake

Are there any specific foodstuffs that you find disgusting or refuse to eat?
I'd like to say no and think of myself as open-minded about food, but some things like thousand year eggs seem absolutely vile

What is your favorite color? Are there any colors you dislike?
Red, and neon pink seems a rather annoying color

What sort of music do you like? Is there any that you hate?
I like a variety, but I don't much care for rap or hip hop

If you have a favorite scent, what is it?
The smell of chocolate milk

Do you have a favorite animal?
Cats. I like cats.

What is your most treasured possession? Why?
My father's Red Ryder Carbine. I plan on passing it to my own child someday

Do you enjoy "roughing it", or do you prefer your creature comforts?
I've never been camping, so I wouldn't know

Is there a job or a task you would absolutely refuse to do?
Torture. It's unethical.

Do you consider yourself a spiritual person? If so, how do your beliefs affect your life?How important is it to you?
No, not anymore

Was your faith influenced or molded by anyone special?
My parents

If you belong to a religious organization, how often do you attend? Do you have a specific place of worship, or friends within the organization? How much do you agree with the beliefs of your organization?
I don't belong to a religious organization, anymore

Could you kill? Have you killed?
I could if I needed to, and I haven't

What circumstances led to you forming that conviction, or taking that action?
It just seems natural to defend yourself, even to that extent, if required.

Are there circumstances under which you believe it is permissible to kill? What are they?
Self-defense

How would you react to watching someone kill another person? Would your reaction be different if the killer was a friend or an enemy of yours?
I don't know, I've only seen it in movies. And, I don't know.

How would you react if something important was stolen from you?
I'd use my connections to go about getting it back

How would you react to public humiliation?
I'm not sure, really

How would you react if a good friend or relative were purposely or accidentally killed? Has it happened to you?
Again, I'd go about the proper channels to get things done. Vigilantism is looked down upon, otherwise I'd do the investigations and prosecution myself.

What do you consider to be the worst crime someone could commit and why?
Betrayal of trust is a very personal crime

If your life were to end in 24 hours, what five things would you do in those remaining hours?
Well, first I'd make sure the proper documents were prepared, I'd say goodbye to my friends and employers and family, I'd write an autobiography if I had the time, I'd try to get my beliefs in life to as many people as possible, and I might try something I haven't done before

Career & Training

Do you have any special training in your hero skills? If so, where and how did you get it?
Other than marksmanship training I was given since I was a teenager, I learned everything I need to know about what I do both in and out of the courtroom from my schooling at Yale and postgraduate studies.

Who taught you the most about your heroing abilities? What was your relationship with that person?
No one particular person did - I learned through schoolign and am self-taught about everything else

Do you have any particularly unusual skills? How did you acquire them?
Some may think my 'gift of gab' or 'silver tongue' are particularly unusual, given my level of success in my career. But, I believe I'm naturally very charismatic.

Do you do something besides hero work for a living? Have you ever done anything else, or do you plan to?
I'm a lawyer and a PI in freedom city, and that's what I do for a living. The PI and hero work tend to overlap. I plan on becoming a congressman someday.

What is your preferred combat style?
Ranged

Have you ever received any awards or honours?
Only for my work in defending others in court. Some of my clients have given me gifts, and I consider those both honors and awards in and of themselves.

What skill areas would you like most to improve in? Is there anything you can't do that you wish desperately you could?
I'd like to improve in my knowledge of crime scene investigation, and sometimes I wish I had superpowers, but I'm fine without them.

How do you act around people who are more skilled than you in areas you'd like to improve? Are you jealous, or do you try and learn?
Professionally, as anyone should be. And every encounter is a learning experience.

Lifestyle & Hobbies

What is a normal day for you? How do you feel when something interrupts this routine?
I get up, shower, eat. I go into the office, I check with my secretary to see if I have any scheduled appointments, I go over my current active clients. If I need to, I make appearances in court or in for arbitration meetings, whatever I've been hired to do. If I don't need to do that, I meet with clients, go over their cases and go about advising or filing paperwork. After a full day at the office, I don my disguise and go about doing my PI work, dispensing justice if I need to. After a night of that, I return to my home, eat dinner and go to bed.

Do you have any hobbies, or interests outside hero work? What are they, and where did you pick them up?
I have an interest in politics I've had since I was a teenager, which I pursue when I have the chance.

What do you do for fun?
When there's no court and work ends early with client meetings, I usually relax at my home's indoor pool, or I go shopping or to the shooting range to practice.

Do you have a costume? What does it look like?
A dark brown fedora with a dark brown trench coat, and a makeshift mask.that covers the lower half of my face.

How do you normally dress when not in costume?
Suits. Expensive suits.

What do you wear to bed most nights?
Pajamas

Do you wear any special jewelry? What is it, and what does it look like?
I wear a Yale Law lapel pin, and monogrammed platinum cufflinks.

Do you have a special place where you keep your valuables?
A safety deposit box.

What's your preferred means of local travel? How about long distance?
I drive a sports car for short distances, I have a private plane for long distances.

Miscellaneous

Have you ever made a will, or tried to make arrangements for your death? What provisions did you make?
Yes. My will states my funds are to be liquidated and evenly donated to pro-mutant, pro-hero and equal rights organizations.

If your features were to be destroyed beyond recognition, is there any other way of identifying your body?
Dental records I'd imagine, perhaps my jewelry

What would you like to be remembered for after your death?
What I did to help others

Do you believe you pose a threat to the public? Why or why not?
No, I don't. I believe I help them through my work.

What do you perceive as your greatest strength?
My charisma

What do you perceive as your greatest weakness?
My mortality

As a player, if you could, what advice would you give your character? Speak as if he/she were sitting right here in front of you. Use proper tone so they might heed your advice...
"Life is long, and you have the time to spend it away from the office. If you really want to be a congressman or heck, even the president, get out there with the people you want to garner support from. Volunteer, do other awesome things. Also, take a damn vacation."

Note: I've reconsidered him as an active character. He might work as an NPC instead.