Character Edits

Barnum

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question.

If I completely remake Dryad, but she still is Dryad with different powers, can I keep the PP I have spare?

Sorry, no.

If you are remaking her powers completely, she need to be redone and resubmitted to the character bank just like a new character.

Question.

Would adding a metamorph form for Bloodseeker be allowed if it were part of an IC story?

I was planning on having him gain a more monstrous form after being beat-up by Captain Wonder due to the anger and shame of having been beaten so easily by the Captain.

Ok then, I would like to use my pp to buy off the flaw in his speed power.

Edit: Also, can I modify the base power in his Druidic Magic and Rites of Blood array from

Damage 7 (Perception range [+2], Disease [+2], Limited - Damages only if the afflicted character is moving [-1], Affects Insubstantial 2)

to

Damage 10 (Perception range [+2], Alternative Save - Fort [+1])

since I haven't used that power yet and the the previous version is kinda iffy.

Flaw removed.

However, this . . .

Damage 7 (Perception range [+2], Disease [+2], Limited - Damages only if the afflicted character is moving [-1], Affects Insubstantial 2)

. . . is 30 PPs.

But this . . .

Damage 10 (Perception range [+2], Alternative Save - Fort [+1])

. . . is 40 PPs.

A Perception Range effect doesn't need Affects Insubstantial, it's automatically included.

I disagree. Perception powers are not necessarily sensory effects, though they can be.

If you'd like to discuss this further, post your own thread in the Character Building forum. This really isn't the place for this.

I'd like a couple of things added on Icarus' sheet. His grapple modifier should be +26, and his knockback modifier is -15.

Also, his Super-Senses don't add up. He has radar (extended), darkvision, and radio. That should be 5, 2, and the last part actually comes for free, since radio is included in radar (link). With the other 2 pp in there, I'd like to increase the "Extended" on the radar to 3, so that his range increment is 10000 feet, or a little under two miles.

Updated by VM

In an earlier Character Edits thread, I'd mentioned making a slight but important change to Doktor Archeville's background & the descriptors of his powers.

As his history stands now, he is 'merely' a mutant, but after looking through the Freedom City sourcebook I felt that making him an "evolved human" like the Psions would ft my original concept better. (That concept being "human genius who doesn't want to sully himself with mutations or cybernetics", like Telios the Perfect Man from the Champions RPG and, to a lesser extent, Marvel's Doctor Doom.)

However, after reading through Book of Magic, and reading back over the Archeville Family Tree, I'm thinking that making his powers (his Enhanced Intelligence, Mental Quickness, and Immunities) be magical/mystical might be a better twist. All the things he makes are still technological, he is inventing and not artificing, and his Devices do work according to the laws of (comic book) physics without requiring magic to explain them, and can be reliably reproduced by someone of comparable skill. But his superhuman brain is so amazing because of his mystical heritage.

Aside from editing out ant mention of "mutation" or "metagene," I'd like the following added in to the "Powers & Tactics" section after the 3rd paragraph (before the one that starts "Archeville is a mathematician even in combat...").

When Archeville's superhuman intelligence first became clear to him during his adolescence, he suspected that he was a mutant and arranged to get tested for active mutation. However, the tests came back negative. Soon after graduating college, he arranged to be tested again, with the same results. This baffled Archeville at first, until he came across the early works of Artur Zion (later Arthur Psion), and his work on psionic powers. Looking up news reports on the battles between the Psions and the Atoms showed that Psion's early theories had developed into working models, and this sparked in Archeville an idea: that his own mental abilities were psionic in nature, similar to 'standard' mutation but just different enough to not be picked up by the standard mutation detection tests, and to be immune to 'standard' mutation-draining or -nullifying techniques. This theory, though is false: Archeville's mind is enhanced due to his mystical heritage, the culmination of thirteen generations of Deep One-tainted Archevilles. Archeville's devices and inventions are all solidly scientific and technological, but his mind itself is enhanced by magic. Why the Deep Ones chose to alter his lineage is unknown (if indeed there even was a purpose -- and if there was, it would mean the Deep One behind it was capable of very long-term planning), and even if Archeville were confronted with the truth he'd scoff at it as "an atypical mutation regarded as magical by superstitious fools."

If there was a purpose to the alteration -- and I'm still going back and forth between "purposeful change" and "accidental unknowing uncaring change by happenstance encounter" -- I'm thinking it'll be along the lines of "to try and make a human who can master this 'Science' the human monkeys play with, and nudge him to madness so that he may serve our master the Unspeakable One."

In an earlier Character Edits thread, I'd mentioned making a slight but important change to Doktor Archeville's background & the descriptors of his powers.

As his history stands now, he is 'merely' a mutant, but after looking through the Freedom City sourcebook I felt that making him an "evolved human" like the Psions would ft my original concept better. (That concept being "human genius who doesn't want to sully himself with mutations or cybernetics", like Telios the Perfect Man from the Champions RPG and, to a lesser extent, Marvel's Doctor Doom.)

However, after reading through Book of Magic, and reading back over the Archeville Family Tree, I'm thinking that making his powers (his Enhanced Intelligence, Mental Quickness, and Immunities) be magical/mystical might be a better twist. All the things he makes are still technological, he is inventing and not artificing, and his Devices do work according to the laws of (comic book) physics without requiring magic to explain them, and can be reliably reproduced by someone of comparable skill. But his superhuman brain is so amazing because of his mystical heritage.

Aside from editing out ant mention of "mutation" or "metagene," I'd like the following added in to the "Powers & Tactics" section after the 3rd paragraph (before the one that starts "Archeville is a mathematician even in combat...").

If there was a purpose to the alteration -- and I'm still going back and forth between "purposeful change" and "accidental unknowing uncaring change by happenstance encounter" -- I'm thinking it'll be along the lines of "to try and make a human who can master this 'Science' the human monkeys play with, and nudge him to madness so that he may serve our master the Unspeakable One."

Updated. I believe I caught all the references to mutation/metagene. If I missed any, PM me and I'll remove them.

I just noticed that I hadn't given Malice the complication: Hatred (supers who were "handed" their powers) which is more or less the summation of the character. What I mean by handed is essentially everyone who either woke up one day with powers, or was given their powers by some 3rd party. Can you add that in there for me?

I just noticed that I hadn't given Malice the complication: Hatred (supers who were "handed" their powers) which is more or less the summation of the character. What I mean by handed is essentially everyone who either woke up one day with powers, or was given their powers by some 3rd party. Can you add that in there for me?

Added.