Character Edits

Barnum

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Use 3 earned pps to get 3 more ranks of Equipment (Equipment 4 total).

The good (mad) Doktor has continued to upgrade his new house, unpacking more and more stuff from his "bottomless luggage." He's still working on getting his funds transferred from the German banks, though, so he's still of a standard level of wealth.

Located in Hanover (North Freedom), halfway between the Hanover Institute of Technology and the Albright Institute.

On the outside, it appears to be just another one of the new housing units that spring up all over Hanover, fairly plain and unassuming. Inside is another matter entirely: the place is a veritable mansion, with numerous rooms in an assortment of décor (most plain and functional, but a few semi-ostentatious), and “windows” looking out over a variety of scenes. A few rooms even appear to be built sideways or upside-down, like some fantastically weird M.C. Escher sketch. The laboratories, workshops, and infirmary are all located in the basement. The computer and communications core are also located in the basement, though they can be accessed from numerous terminals throughout the house; the library consists of both electronic and physical/print material. Numerous robots, humanoid and non-humanoid, ranging in size from that of a rat to that of a German Shepherd, scurry about the place, performing routine maintenance and assisting with projects. The walls, windows and doors are all reinforced with force fields, and the security system is top-notch.

Stats: Size: Large/Small (Mansion/House-sized); Toughness: 15; Features: Communications, Computer, Concealed, Dual Size*, Fire Prevention System, Infirmary, Laboratory, Library, Living Space, Personnel**, Power no.1, Power System, Security System (DC 30), Workshop. Cost 2+2+16 = 20ep.

Power no.1: Enhanced Skills 84 (+6r to Computers, Craft/Chemical, Craft/Electrical, Craft/Mechanical, Craft/Structural, Disable Device, Investigation, Knowledge/Behavioral Sciences, Knowledge/Current Events, Knowledge/Earth Sciences, Knowledge/Life Sciences, Knowledge/Physical Sciences, Knowledge/Technology, and Medicine; Useable By Others) (“Cutting-Edge Equipment, Uber-RSS Feeds, and Masterful Libraries”) [21pp]

* HQ Feature from Book of Magic. Headquarters with this feature have two separate Size categories: it’s inside category, purchased normally, which determines the structure’s interior space, and an outside category, one or more size categories smaller. In essence, the headquarters is larger on the inside than on the outside. So a small house, for example, might contain the space of a huge castle on the inside. This costs 3 points (for Huge) plus the cost of this feature.

** HQ feature from Book of Magic. Headquarters with this feature have a staff of personnel commensurate with its size and facilities. The staff is made up of characters created & controlled by the GM and tasked with serving the headquarters. As such, they are not to be considered full-purpose Minions of the occupant(s) of the HQ. So while an HQ’s personnel would help defend it in case of attack, they’re not going to go with the owner on adventures or otherwise assist outside of their duties; this feature simply ensures that there’s someone taking care of the headquarters while the owner isn’t home.

Updated by HeridFel.

Can someone please add the Obsession (Blood and Bleeding) to Bloodseeker's complications?

Also, I would like to expound on his other complications.

-Temper (Bloodseeker gets angry when someone stops him from hunting and killing his targets)

-Reputation (Bloodseeker is a villain who hunts even other villains and kills them)

Updated by Barnum

Can someone please add the Obsession (Blood and Bleeding) to Bloodseeker's complications?

Also, I would like to expound on his other complications.

-Temper (Bloodseeker gets angry when someone stops him from hunting and killing his targets)

-Reputation (Bloodseeker is a villain who hunts even other villains and kills them)

Updated. You do realize, however, that you can't actually kill other PC villains here, right? NPCs . . . you can drop 'em like flies. :D

On the subject of the Bloodseeker killing, both of my characters could end up dead at his hands without me really complaining. Granted, only Mongrel Angel would really be in danger of dying in such a confrontation (Exile would be more likely to teleport away, or use it to keep the distance between them while he pounds away with Blasts).

Now that I think about it that would be a decent start to an adventure. Mongrel Angel ends up in a fight with Bloodseeker and perishes (likely due to having her wings, and thus means of escape, crippled or bound). While her passing isn't permanent details surrounding it would cause the Watcher to hand Exile an assignment concerning the killer, and whatever means needed to assemble some help in bringing down the bloodthirsty target.

Of course its likely that one or more heroes would also be going after the killer, and its not unlikely that the two (or more) groups might clash before or even during any confrontation with The Butcher. Hmm, perhaps I should take this up in Campaign Discussion instead.

Now as for Character Edits.

I would like to have one rank of Benefit: Wealth added to the Exile's feats; he's actually fairly well off, I just haven't been able to really spare the point till now.

Updated by Barnum

Updated. You do realize, however, that you can't actually kill other PC villains here, right? NPCs . . . you can drop 'em like flies. :D

What about some of the guys in the NPC forum or the guys from the Archived characters forum?

What about some of the guys in the NPC forum or the guys from the Archived characters forum?

If it is a character that you did not createâ€â€"published" NPCs or archived PCs"â€â€then I'd ask permission first.

Done. I assumed that you wanted the AP in that array improved as well. I also fixed the flat-footed defense. It's one half of the regular defense, rounded up.

I know. I did it that way so I could remember how many points I had spent on my defense.