Character Edits

Barnum

All I'm asking for is that you use teh OOC thread that every thread on this board should have to let the other players know that edits have been made to your sheet. If everyone in the thread is cool with you using the changes, then you can use them. If not, then you don't, but you've pointed out the changes for those invovled.

A simple note that says,

"Hey, I'm getting some Edits done. My X has raised from A to B. Is it cool that I use the new information?"

Now there was a statement earlier that this had never been done. I hate to tell you it's not new. I've done it many threads. And you can see that Quark is waiting for his edits, because of an open thread, that he's almost finished with anyway.

When I run a game, I look at sheets and make up the adventure based on the stats at that time. Some changes I allow to happen, others I don't. So as form of common courtesy, let the people you're playing with know that changes have been made so that they are not caught by surprise. For example, no one likes to enter a thread with a PL 10 character only to find out that suddenly the other chracter is now PL 11. Perhaps not a big jump, but it can tip the scales quite a bit.

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fair enough i guess... I am only really finishing up one thread that really has a bearing on the time line anyway. I suppose I can wait. just not too long ;)

The request is not about denying edits, but letting the people you're playing with know that eidts have been done. That's all I asked for.

The following edits are for Captain Knievel.

Top of the Sheet PL10 --> PL11 (yay!)

Start by editing his current abilities. there are a few things the captain just isn't using. these abilities should fade away i think.

From Feats:

Remove 1 rank of Takedown attack [-1pp] (the captain has not been fighting too many mooks lately)

Remove leadership [-1pp] (In light of the captain's new complication [insanity] he probably is not going to use this too much anymore.)

From Skills:

Remove 4 ranks of Diplomacy [-1pp] (also having to due to his complications. he just isn't going to need this anymore.)

Now, things to add: (with currently 9pp)

I would like to buy speed up to rank 2 [1pp]

Increase Device 1 to Device 3 [8pp]

Please edit the Adrenaline Cannon to include the following:

The Captain has found someone who has agreed to do some work on his Adrenaline Cannon. But who could it be??? ;)

total pp spent: 9

THANKS!

Variable Descriptor 2 still needs a broad descriptor. Am I to assume it's [any technological]?

Essentially, in order to maintain flight, there are various different exhaust ports where the lift is generated. Feet for quick maneuvering, back for high speed, hands for stability, and so on. While Flight is engaged, there are essentially gaps in the armor making the user more vulnerable to damage. Upon landing, the armor changes form slightly to cover any of the gaps, protecting the user. Furthermore, the armor no longer has to be aero-dynamic, allowing for its new form to be a bit bulkier and offer more protection.

If you're leery about Impervious 14, knock it down to whatever you feel is appropriate, and then we'll go from there.

Top of the Sheet PL10 --> PL11 (yay!)

Remove 1 rank of Takedown attack [-1pp] (the captain has not been fighting too many mooks lately)

Remove leadership [-1pp] (In light of the captain's new complication [insanity] he probably is not going to use this too much anymore.)

From Skills:

Remove 4 ranks of Diplomacy [-1pp] (also having to due to his complications. he just isn't going to need this anymore.)

Now, things to add: (with currently 9pp)

I would like to buy speed up to rank 2 [1pp]

Increase Device 1 to Device 3 [8pp]

Please edit the Adrenaline Cannon to include the following:

The Captain has found someone who has agreed to do some work on his Adrenaline Cannon. But who could it be??? ;)

total pp spent: 9

THANKS!

Updated by Grand High Poobah, Ecalsneerg

Essentially, in order to maintain flight, there are various different exhaust ports where the lift is generated. Feet for quick maneuvering, back for high speed, hands for stability, and so on. While Flight is engaged, there are essentially gaps in the armor making the user more vulnerable to damage. Upon landing, the armor changes form slightly to cover any of the gaps, protecting the user. Furthermore, the armor no longer has to be aero-dynamic, allowing for its new form to be a bit bulkier and offer more protection.

If you're leery about Impervious 14, knock it down to whatever you feel is appropriate, and then we'll go from there.

Nah, the explanation does make sense. I'd like something describing it briefly on the sheet though, if you don't mind.

you annoy me sometimes, you know that? :P

The following edits are for Reaver:

Owing to Jack's time spent in the suit, he has gained some manner of combat training in both resilience, and quick thinking. Therefore i will begin working on some of Jack's abilities outside of the suit.

"I am jack's clogged artery"

+1 fortitude [1pp]

"I am jack's raging psyche"

+1 will [1pp]

"I am jack's quick temper"

Improved Initiative 1 [1pp]

Updated by Ecalsneerg

Explanation of Malice's Arrays

Flight Array: In order to maximize ariel velocity, a significant portion of the external armor for the Mantle of Freedom must be compartamentalized. When maintaining Flight is no longer an issue, a mild transformation occurs and the rest of the armor "folds out". This also leads to increased stability, as the weight distribution becomes more equalized.

Weapons Array:

Righteous Riot - Hit things, possibly with fists.

2nd Amendment - Mini-gun, American made of course.

Liberation Cannon - Mini-sideswinder missle barrage

Shock and Awe - Sonic pulse that messes with biometrics.

Actually, I have a concern about some of Captain Knievel's setting for his improved toy:

Device: Adrenaline Cannon:

Strike 10 (Extras: 100-ft. Line Area, Flaws: Distracting, Feats: Affects Insubstantial 1, 4 Alternate Powers)

AP: Strike 8 (Feats: Extended Reach, Variable Descriptor 2 [any technological]) Punching with fire/ice/electricity etc

AP: Strike 5 (Extras: Alternate Save - Fort, Feats: Extended Reach) Pressure point blast

AP: Drain Constitution 8 (Feats: Extended Reach 3) Vitality-draining cables

AP: Snare 8 (Flaws: Range - Touch, Feats: Extended Reach 3) High-density metal bands

The Drain Con and Snare -- the two with Extended Reach 3 -- look like you're trying to get a ranged effect that still benefits from his five ranks in Attack Focus (melee). Which smells a bit cheezy.

Seeing how Exile is now officially PL 11 as well I'd like to have the following changes enacted.

1: Change his thread title so it notes that he's PL 11 rather than 10

2: Have my current available pp spent on 4 ranks of skills [1 Arcane Lore, 3 Sense Motive] for the following result.

Knowledge: Arcane Lore +21 [16 ranks +5 Int]

Sense Motive +17 [12 ranks +5 Wis]

3: If permissible I'd like to remove the following to APs (never used) so as to free up 2pp

AP: Deflect 8 (all; PFs: Extended Range 2 [15ft], Precise)

AP: Teleport 9 ("Begone!"; Extras: Attack [+0 Extra], Range/Ranged [+1 Extra], Alternate Save/Will [+0 Extra], Accurate]

4: If 3 is allowed I would like to spend the freed pp as follows.

--4a: Add the following AP to Sorcerous Mastery

Strike 12 [Penetrating [+1 Extra], PFs Accurate, Extended Reach 2] and Enhanced Feat 1 [Accurate Attack]

--4b: 4 further ranks of skills [2 Gather Information, 2 Notice] for the following

Gather Information +16 [14 ranks +2 Cha]

Notice +14 [9 ranks +5 Wis]

Oh, and while I'm at it I might as well spend Mongrel Angel's 2pp. Simply bump her Int up to 12

Intelligence: 12 (+1)

Knowledge: Arcane Lore +7 [6 ranks +1 Int]

Updated by Doc.

Does Exile's new Strike spell have a name?

Does Exile's new Strike spell have a name?

It's based mainly on the Scythe of Shatachna from the Book of Magic, but it's meant to be a somewhat general weapon-summoning effect simulating a number of different spells with one effect set. A bit like his Blast nowadays can be anything from shimmering arctic frost to roaring hellfire.

And was there anything actually wrong with how I my Skills laid out

Skill Name +Total Modifier [#ranks +ability modifier +powers]

as opposed to

Skill Name #ranks (total modifier)

Also, everyone (but especially Geez3r) should know the Refs are mulling over a house rule for Impervious, as 10 ranks is about the most anyone in the FC setting -- including PL 16 Centurion and PL 14 Gigantosaur -- possesses (there are six exceptions in the core FC setting books, and 4 in Freedom's Most Wanted, and of those the lowest is PL 13).

It's based mainly on the Scythe of Shatachna from the Book of Magic, but it's meant to be a somewhat general weapon-summoning effect simulating a number of different spells with one effect set. A bit like his Blast nowadays can be anything from shimmering arctic frost to roaring hellfire.

That's still not giving me a name. ;)

His Melee Attack Focus/Enhanced Str/Super-Str spell could probably use a name, too.

And was there anything actually wrong with how I my Skills laid out

as opposed to

Yes. One is the format we use on this board (and the format GR uses in its books), the other is not.

The characters sheets you keep on your own computer/notebook/stone tablet/whatever are free to be in any format you like, but the ones here on this board are to use the format we've laid out. Consistency has its benefits.

That's still not giving me a name. ;)

His Melee Attack Focus/Enhanced Str/Super-Str spell could probably use a name, too.

It doesn't have a name as such because it is as I said "a number of different spells".

I guess it could be called The Armoury of Mystic Warriors for now with the different variants being named as and when they are used.

And the other one has had a name, or at least it did back when I first had it added; False Strength. Though now that I think on it I do believe it might be better to go with Dweomered Might instead.