Character Edits

Barnum

Attack Focus (Melee) (2)

Dodge Focus (1)

Power Attack

3 ranks of Stealth [why? Because it's Avenger, that's why. :twisted: ]

4 ranks of Arcane Lore

Languages (Vampiric) [the language vampires use for private communication, graffiti, secret messages, etc. Basing that a little bit on the Blade movies.)

That looks like six!

Done by Sandman XI

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This ain't the Blade movies ;) If you want a language that impossibly ancient beings can use in secrecy because they're pretty much the only ones around who still remember it, pick an extinct language.

go for latin ;) its rumored that many vampires came from eastern europe, especially in roman times. Latin would be a fitting language to use for vampire communicae

hey doc, any word on getting my DC block updated for Reaver?

Whoops, this never got through.

NEW ONE ANYWAYS. 1 more pp goes to the auras.

-Fatigue 7 (Feats: Dynamic, Extended Reach 3, Incurable, Extras: Affects Corporeal, Duration (Sustained), Aura, Selective Attack, 53 pp for Dynamic, 63 pp)

DAP: Paralyze 7 (Feats: Extended Reach 3, Incurable, Extras: Affects Corporeal, Duration (Sustained), Aura, Selective Attack, 7 pp per rank)

DAP: Strike 7 (Feats: Extended Reach 3, Incurable, Extras: Affects Corporeal, Duration (Sustained), Aura, Selective Attack, Penetrating, 7 pp per rank)

DAP: Enhanced Strength 25 (Extras: Affects Corporeal, 2 pp per rank)

DAP: Protection 9 (Extras: Duration bought off to Continuous, Impervious, 3 pp per rank)

AP: Insubstantial 4 (Extras: Affect Other), Enhanced Strength 6 (Feats: Affect Insubstantial, Extras: Affects Corporeal, Affects Other)

Descriptors:

Enhanced Strength: Internalizing the chilling effects of her auras to be able to manipulate things while incorporeal/having greater strength overall.

Protection: Internalizing the same energies to protecting her body.

Few problems here:

1) That new build actually brings you down four points, meaning you'd be using less than the 150 a PL 10 char should. Which we don't allow.

2) I'm against allowing Protection/force Field or Enhanced Str on that Array. If you want her to be able to be strong & tough, take those as an alternate power for her Insubstantial.

3) Similarly, the Enhanced Strength on that last AP should be removed.

i think i goofed when calculating, the reaver's dc block.

at the rank corrosion currently is, it maxes out at a +4 DC from autofire. therefore, the max should be listed as:

corrosion [normal] (MAX DC 18 fort DC 27 toughness)

the fort save does not increase since it has come to light that auto fire only applies to one aspect of the power (strike or drain)

EDIT:

also can you edit the actually power to explicitly state that the autofire only applies to the toughness save DC

Done by Sandman XI

Dynamic Array is too complicated! Argh!

-Fatigue 8 (Feats: Extended Reach 3, Incurable, Extras: Affects Corporeal, Duration (Sustained), Aura, Selective Attack, 63 pp)

AP: Paralyze 8 (Feats: Extended Reach 3, Incurable, Extras: Affects Corporeal, Duration (Sustained), Aura, Selective Attack)

AP: Strike 8 (Feats: Extended Reach 3, Incurable, Extras: Affects Corporeal, Duration (Sustained), Aura, Selective Attack, Penetrating)

AP: Insubstantial 4 (Extras: Affect Other, Affect Corporeal), adds Affect Corporeal on Strength

Then there's four points left...huh. I'll change Flight 1 (Flaw: Limited to surfaces) to Flight 3 with no flaws, using my extra point as well.

Hello everyone.

Could I change this:

Device 5 (Dancing Dress; Hard to Lose; 25 points) [20pp]

Device: Dancing Dress

Emotion Control 2 (Extra: 20-ft. Burst Area; Flaws: Only Love, Range/Touch) [3]

Flight 2 (25 mph) [4]

Magic 5 (Base Effect: Air Control 5; PFs: 2 Alternate Powers/Spells) [12]

AP: Healing 10 (Flaw: Limited to Others)

AP: Telepathy 5

Morph 1 (Lullaby appearance; Extra: Duration/Continuous) [2]

Protection 4 [4]

To this:

Device 3 (Dancing Dress; Hard to Lose; 15 points) [12pp]

Device: Dancing Dress

Emotion Control 2 (Extra: 20-ft. Burst Area; Flaws: Only Love, Range/Touch) [3]

Magic 5 (Base Effect: Air Control 5; PFs: 2 Alternate Powers/Spells) [12]

AP: Healing 10 (Flaw: Limited to Others)

AP: Telepathy 5

and can I add this my normal Powers:

Morph 1 (Lullaby appearance; Extra: Duration/Continuous) [2pp]

Flight 2 (25 mph) [4pp]

Protection 4 [4pp]

for a rise in 2pp total.

A couple more minor edits, again, very low priority:

Kharhotep: There are some errors in his Combat block. I made some typos, and they slipped past the Refs. It should look something like this:

Attack +6, +12 Melee, +12 Powers

Damage +12 Unarmed, +12 Powers, +11 Corrosion

As it is, his damage is listed as +12 for all attacks (which is innaccurate because his Corrosion is only +11), and his attack is listed as +12 for everything except Corrosion (which is listed as +11, when it shouldn't have an attack rating listed at all, since it's a General Area effect).

The Scarab II: Under "Complications," I'd like to change "openly gay" to "openly bisexual." It occurred to several of us in conversation that this would make more sense for an eternally-reincarnating immortal who regularly jumps back and forth across gender lines. Dax from Star Trek: Deep Space 9 comes to mind. Aside from being doubly susceptible to the Attractive feat, I don't see this having a lot of effect on game mechanics, but it does open up more storytelling possibilities.

Thanks!

Done by Sandman XI

Dynamic Array is too complicated! Argh!

-Fatigue 8 (Feats: Extended Reach 3, Incurable, Extras: Affects Corporeal, Duration (Sustained), Aura, Selective Attack, 63 pp)

AP: Paralyze 8 (Feats: Extended Reach 3, Incurable, Extras: Affects Corporeal, Duration (Sustained), Aura, Selective Attack)

AP: Strike 8 (Feats: Extended Reach 3, Incurable, Extras: Affects Corporeal, Duration (Sustained), Aura, Selective Attack, Penetrating)

AP: Insubstantial 4 (Extras: Affect Other, Affect Corporeal), adds Affect Corporeal on Strength

Done

Then there's four points left...huh. I'll change Flight 1 (Flaw: Limited to surfaces) to Flight 3 with no flaws, using my extra point as well.
You have Alternate Form 21, this would put you 1 point over it. You still have 4 points to spend for your form

For the reaver:

i would like to edit the absorbtion portion of his device to say the following (specific attention to the flight AP)

Absorbtion (physical); Boost: Regen 9*[36PP Base, alternate powers: 7]

- AP:Absorbtion (physical); Boost: Flight 9PF:Move-By-Action, Subtle[1PP]

- AP:Absorbtion (physical); Boost: invisibility 9[1PP]

- AP:Absorbtion (physical); Boost: Super-Strength 9[1PP]

- AP:Absorbtion (energy); Boost: Flight 9PF:Move-By-Action, Subtle[1PP]

- AP:Absorbtion (energy); Boost: Regen 9*[1PP]

- AP:Absorbtion (energy); Boost: invisibility 9[1PP]

- AP:Absorbtion (energy); Boost: Super-Strength 9[1PP]

For the reaver:

i would like to edit the absorbtion portion of his device to say the following (specific attention to the flight AP)

Absorbtion (physical); Boost: Regen 9*[36PP Base, alternate powers: 7]

- AP:Absorbtion (physical); Boost: Flight 9PF:Move-By-Action, Subtle[1PP]

- AP:Absorbtion (physical); Boost: invisibility 9[1PP]

- AP:Absorbtion (physical); Boost: Super-Strength 9[1PP]

- AP:Absorbtion (energy); Boost: Flight 9PF:Move-By-Action, Subtle[1PP]

- AP:Absorbtion (energy); Boost: Regen 9*[1PP]

- AP:Absorbtion (energy); Boost: invisibility 9[1PP]

- AP:Absorbtion (energy); Boost: Super-Strength 9[1PP]

That won't work: Flight 9 + 2 PFs = 20pp, but your Absorption 9/Boost only gives 18 points.

Also, a Ref has brought up some concerns with the build. We'll let you know of any necessary changes as soon as we can.

there has been a lot of discussion lately along the lines of Reaver's absorption array. with the following post i wish to clear up some of the finer points of the power, as well as state my peace about my intentions with the power. i have already discussed this with sandman, and i am just looking to write it down so the rest of the judges can see it etc...

firstly: each of the powers and alternate powers in the absorption array has a number next to it. this number refers only to the rank of the absorption power. this number is there to establish the rank of the absorption power, how many points i have spent on it, how much the power allows me to absorb, to determine my toughness save in terms of PL caps, etc. This number does not in any way refer to the powers being boosted by the absorption power. as for the powers being boosted, below i will post the maximum rank to which they can be boosted if i absorb the highest rank power that i can absorb.

secondly, i would like to state the following: as the nature of the reaver suit is that it is constantly adapting to its changing environment and surroundings, i would like to reserve the right to edit any PF: i feel necessary on each of the powers that are ALREADY part of the absorption array. my reasons are as follows:

- primarily when i was making the PF edit to the flight power i was pressed for time. I picked subtle because i could not think of anything better to use at the time. But i do like the idea of rocket boosters coming out of his feet every time he turns boost flight on. so i may want to make a further edit to that. this is the reason that is my primary reason for reserving the right of further edits.

- secondly, i am not actually spending PPs on these boosted powers. since they populate with pps every time i absorb an attack, i feel that i should be able to make the judgement at the time of how they populate into the power. I will leave it up to the judges as to whether or not they will allow me to make the PF edits on the fly, or if they must each be submitted to the character edit forum and then further edited into the character sheet.

My third and final point is less a topic of discussion and more just me stating my intentions. I came up with the idea for the reaver suit absorption array because i thought it was cool. I now realize exactly how broken Boost can be if it is used to break power level caps and such. therefore i would like to state that it is NOT my intention to do so. i am not looking to power game with this character i am just having fun. if i ever add an AP into the array that has the potential for breaking caps should i absorb the full (currently 18) points allowed by absorption (for instance strike would be raised to strike 18) i plan to self-impose the power level limits anyway (thus strike would only become strike 8 should i absorb 18 points). If i MISS something when doing this, tell me and i will fix it! my major concern is that i based this entire character on the fact that he absorbs stuff, i would hate to see that ability taken away from him when it is such a integral part of what he is and why i want to play him.

now that i have said all that i feel necessary, i will explicitly state the current maximums for each power boosted by absorption assuming a max of rank 9 (for 18pps) is absorbed.

Regeneration is already defined on the character sheet. although ability damage should be edited to read 6 instead of 8.

Flight 8 PF: Move-By-Action, Subtle

Invisibility 4 (4pp/rank 2 points left as unspent remainder)

super-strength 9

the same applies for all absroption(energy) APs

That won't work: Flight 9 + 2 PFs = 20pp, but your Absorption 9/Boost only gives 18 points.

Also, a Ref has brought up some concerns with the build. We'll let you know of any necessary changes as soon as we can.

i think i goofed when writing down that stuff before it should appear with the rank number next to absorption as follows. see if this clears anything up (as well as my previous post)

Absorbtion (physical) 9; Boost: Regen*[36PP Base, alternate powers: 7]

- AP:Absorbtion (physical) 9; Boost: Flight PF:Move-By-Action, Subtle[1PP]

- AP:Absorbtion (physical) 9; Boost: invisibility[1PP]

- AP:Absorbtion (physical) 9; Boost: Super-Strength[1PP]

- AP:Absorbtion (energy) 9; Boost: Flight PF:Move-By-Action, Subtle[1PP]

- AP:Absorbtion (energy) 9; Boost: Regen*[1PP]

- AP:Absorbtion (energy) 9; Boost: invisibility[1PP]

- AP:Absorbtion (energy) 9; Boost: Super-Strength[1PP]

secondly, i would like to state the following: as the nature of the reaver suit is that it is constantly adapting to its changing environment and surroundings, i would like to reserve the right to edit any PF: i feel necessary on each of the powers that are ALREADY part of the absorption array. my reasons are as follows:

- primarily when i was making the PF edit to the flight power i was pressed for time. I picked subtle because i could not think of anything better to use at the time. But i do like the idea of rocket boosters coming out of his feet every time he turns boost flight on. so i may want to make a further edit to that. this is the reason that is my primary reason for reserving the right of further edits.

- secondly, i am not actually spending PPs on these boosted powers. since they populate with pps every time i absorb an attack, i feel that i should be able to make the judgement at the time of how they populate into the power. I will leave it up to the judges as to whether or not they will allow me to make the PF edits on the fly, or if they must each be submitted to the character edit forum and then further edited into the character sheet.

That's not going to work. Absorption is Imp. Toughness (sorta) + Boost One Trait, and you define that One Trait at character creation, and it does not change (short of using extra effort to gain a new stunt). Changing what the powers are on a case-by-case basis isn't Boost, that's a Variable Power. What you're describing is Adaptation and/or Nemesis, not Absorption.

okay that actually makes sense, gotcha... would it still be too late to change my edit, get rid of the subtle part of it and pick another PF to tack on there that i feel is more appropriate?... im willing to live with being unable to change powers on the fly, but can i still request that they be edited in this forum?