Character Edits

Barnum

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Errata:

Can I rename my Dancing Dress to a Dancing Suit? Seeing as my Dancing Dress is pretty much nothing like a dress.

The suit that looks like Zatanna's "Sexy Magician's Assistant Outfit"? I'm not sure I'd call that a "Dancing Suit," either.

I'd like to apply Topaz 1 pp this month to adding the progression feat to her create object ability please

Updated by Doc

Alright, point spending time.

Malice:

I'll buy another rank in Device for 4 points. I'll increase Protection by 2 ranks (bumping Toughness save up to +14), then increase Enhanced Strength in the Weapons Array by 3 Points, and also bump all of the ranks of the blast powers up by 1.

So it'll look like this:

Powers: 68 PP

Device 18 (The Mantle of Freedom; 90 points, Hard to Lose) [72pp]

Device:

The Mantle of Freedom

Communication 4 (radio) {4}

Enhanced Constitution 10 {10}

Flight 5 {10}

Immunity 9 (life support) {9}

Protection 8 (Extra: Impervious) {16}

Super Senses 6 (Darkvision, Direction Sense, Distance Sense, Time Sense, Ultra Hearing) {6}

Weapons Array 16 (33 point powers; PFs: 2 Alternate Powers) {35}

* BE: Enhanced Strength 27 and Super-Strength 3 (effective Str 52; Lt Load 5.5 tons, Med Load 11.1 tons, Hvy Load 16.6 tons) – Righteous Riot

* AP: Blast 11 (Extra: Auto-fire) – The 2nd Amendment

* AP: Blast 10 (Extras: Targeted 9- 5ft square cubes Shapable Area, PFs: Indirect x3) – Liberation Canno

A careful observer will now note that Malice's previous Trade offs don't match any more. For PL 11, he'll Trade-off:-3 Defense for +3 Toughness, and -1 Attack for +1 DC mod (ranged) and -3 Attack for +3 DC mod (melee). I'm just doing this so the resulting values are all even, just a little quirk I have. I'll move the trade offs back to where they were previously when I reach PL 12 to keep it all even.

Red Star:

I'll also be spending 4 points on Red Star. I'll spend 2 points to bump his Dynamic Flight/ SS array up by 1 point. And I'll trade in the 2 ranks of Dodge Focus and buy 2 ranks in Defense with the remaining Points.

Explaination: Powers are getting stronger, and he's becoming a better fighter without as many holes in his defense.

OK, get a cup of coffee and pull up a chair. This'll take a minute.

Edits for The Scarab:

1) Cash in her 2 ranks of the Minion feat. This increases unspent PP from 7 to 9. Sofia Cruz is now an independent NPC.

Cost: -2PP

2) Spend 1PP on the Connected feat, to represent The Scarab's relationship with Sofia, and her old ties to other powerful individuals from her previous life (The Beacon, surviving Freedom Leaguers, etc.). With an effective Diplomacy score of only +2, she'll have to burn Hero Points to secure favors until I get a chance to buy it up. I'm OK with that.

Cost: 1PP

3) Spend 2PP to increase her Fortitude and Reflex saving throws by 1 each, from +4 to +5.

Cost: 2PP

4) Spend 2PP to buy up her Enhanced Dodge Focus from 4 to 6 ranks.

5) Cash in her 1 rank of Attack Focus (Ranged).

Cost: -1PP

6) Spend 2PP to increase her base Attack bonus from +3 to +4.

6) Spend 3PP to increase the cost of her power array from 32PP to 35PP. Reconfigure the powers as follows:

Telepathy 11 (Effects: Linked Communication [Mental] 10 [200,000 miles] + Comprehend 1 [speak Any Language] + Mind Reading 11 [Extras: Action {Free/Full}], Feats: Subtle)

42PP (35PP + 7 APs)

AP #1: Clairvoyant Telepathy 10 (Effects: Linked Communication 8 + Comprehend 1 + ESP 8 + Mind Reading 10, Feats: Subtle)

1(35)PP

Communication 8 (Mental, 2,000 miles, Flaws: Action 3 [Full])

2PP

Comprehend 1 (Speak Any Language)

2PP

ESP 8 (Visual/Audio Senses, 2,000 miles, Feats: Rapid 3 [x1,000], Extras: Duration [sustained], Flaws: Action 2 [Full])

19PP

Mind Reading 11

11PP

AP #2: Concealment 10 & Telepathy 7

Not Linked. Just sharing an Array slot.

Concealment 10 (All Senses, Feats: Close Range, Progression [2 subjects], Selective, Extras: Affects Others, Flaws: Phantasm)

23PP

Telepathy 7 (Effects: Linked Communication 7 [Mental, 200 miles] + Comprehend 1 [Speak Any Language] + Mind Reading 1 [Extras: Action {Free/Full}], Feats: Subtle)

12PP

AP #3: Mental Blast 11 (Effects: Damage, Feats: Subtle, Extras: Alternate Save [Will], Mental, Range 2 [Perception], Flaws: Action [Full])

34PP

AP #4: Mind Control 11 (Feats: Mental Link, Subtle, Extras: Conscious, Instant Command, Flaws: Action [Full])

35PP

AP #5: Stun 11 (Feats: Sedation, Sublte, Extras: Alternate Save [Will], Mental, Range 2 [Perception], Flaws: Action [Full])

35PP

AP #6: Telekinesis 12 (Feats: Accurate 3, Improved Pin, Indirect, Precise, Subtle)

31PP

AP #7: Transform 11 (Memory, Feats: Subtle, Extras: Alternate Save [Will], Duration [Continuous], Mental, Range [Perception])

34PP

Cost: 3PP (her mental powers now go up to 11

-2 +1 +2 +2 -1 +2 +3 = 7PP spent

As long as I'm here, there are a couple of edits I'd like made to Kharhotep, the NPC villain I submitted:

1) I completely forgot to give him any ranks in Concentration. Please reduce Knowledge (History), Knowledge (Theology/Philosophy), and Medicine by 3 ranks each, and put those 9 ranks into Concentration. This will leave all 4 skills at "9 (+12)."

2) Upon reflection, please change his Sand Constructs alternate power from Create Object 12 (24PP) to Create Object 10 (Extras: Movable) (30PP). The constructs being as strong as steel is good enough, and with the Movable extra the power becomes infinitely more versatile (I mean, imagine how cool an entrance it would be for him to float in sitting on a sandstone throne, resting on a gigantic Tenser's Floating Disc!).

Thanks.

Oh, I'd also like to move one of The Scarab's skill ranks around. I'd like to lower "Knowledge (Business)" by 1 rank (so it'll just work off of raw INT bonus for now), and use that rank to buy "Language (Egyptian)," so she doesn't have to burn a Hero Point for Beginners Luck every time she wants to speak her original tongue. I'll buy back that other skill later.

Thanks!

Arrowhawk has 6 unspent pp and a newly-raised PL cap! To the Arrowcycle!

2 pp unspent:

Firstly I'll spend 3 pp upgrading his skills, adding 2 ranks to Gather Information, Intimidate, Notice and Stealth. Shaen also just alerted me to him not having Investigate, which for a highly-skilled street-level detective with no little amount of science skills seems a bit wrong to me, so he had it all along. Honest. >.> So I'd like to increase his ranks in that by 4.

New modifiers are:

Gather Information 14 (+16)

Intimidate 10 (+12)

Investigate 4 (+6)

Notice 15 (+18, Skill Mastery)

Stealth 15 (+20, Skill Mastery)

I'd also like to spend 1 points on giving him Attack Focus (ranged), bringing his ranks in it up to 3. Then I'd like to reduce his ranks in Dodge Focus by 2, and spend 4 pp on increasing his base defence by 2. Thanks.

This is super-low priority. When you guys get the chance, there are some clerical errors on The Scarab's character sheet, mostly as a result of her recent expenditures.

Tradeoffs: Are now -1 Attack / +1 Damage and -1 Defense / +1 Toughness.

Combat:

Attack should be +4, +10 Telekinesis

Grapple should be +3, +22 Telekinesis

DC Block:

Mental Blast should be DC26

Mind Control and Mind Reading should be DC(D20+11)

Stun and Transform should be DC21

Hmm, for Lullabys stockpile of PP...

Shapeshift 1

Extra: Action (Standard to Move)

Flaw: Only parts of animals.

8pp

Is this right?

That looks about right for what was discussed in the Chat, yes... but I was under the impression that that shapeshift power was for a completely new character you'd be making (to replace Dryad), not something you'd be tacking on to Lullaby.

This is super-low priority. When you guys get the chance, there are some clerical errors on The Scarab's character sheet, mostly as a result of her recent expenditures.

Updated by Doc. Also, I made a teeny tiny edit to your Psychic Powers Array, to make it a tad easier to reference.

Alriht, now it's time for some updates for my characters.

For the Good (Mad) Doktor, with 8pp to spend:

5pp to upgrade his Gravimetric Belt. Replace this:

Device 8 (Gravimetric Belt; 40 "Device Points"; hard to lose) [32pp]

with this:

Device 9 (Gravimetric Belt; hard to lose; 45 points; PF: Restricted - Only usable by those with a +10 or better Knowledge/Technology modifier) [37pp]

and this:

Gravimetric Belt

Enhanced Feats 1 (Environmental Adaptation [high-gravity]) [1]

Flight 5 (250 mph; PFs: 2 Alternate Powers, Instant Up, Move-By Action) [14]

AP: Sustained Immovability 12

AP: Teleport 5 (500 ft./5 miles; PFs: Change Direction, Change Velocity)

Force Field 9 (Extras: Impervious 7, Linked Sustained Immunity 7 [cold, heat, high pressure, radiation, suffocation effects, vacuum]; PFs: 1 Alternate Power, Selective) [25]

AP: Force Field 7 (Extras: Linked Concealment 6 [all radio and all visual; PF: Close Range; Flaw: Blending], Linked Sustained Immunity 7 [cold, heat, high pressure, radiation, suffocation effects, vacuum]; PFs: Selective, Subtle)

with this:

Gravimetric Belt

Enhanced Feats 2 (Environmental Adaptation [low-gravity, high-gravity]) [2]

Flight 5 (250 mph; PFs: 2 Alternate Powers, Instant Up, Move-By Action) [14]

AP: Sustained Immovability 12

AP: Enhanced Teleport 5 (to Teleport 6 [600 ft./20 miles; PFs: Change Direction, Change Velocity)

Force Field 10 (Extras: Impervious 8, Linked Sustained Immunity 7 [cold, heat, high pressure, radiation, suffocation effects, vacuum]; PFs: 1 Alternate Power, Selective) [27]

AP: Force Field 8 (Extras: Linked Concealment 8 [all auditory, radio and visual; PF: Close Range; Flaw: Blending], Linked Sustained Immunity 7 [cold, heat, high pressure, radiation, suffocation effects, vacuum]; PFs: Selective, Subtle)

Teleport 1 (100 ft.) [2]

(he tinkered with the teleportation circuitry some, and figured a way to have gravity waves counter/cancel sound waves.)

This would also necessitate a change in his Combat and Saves info, from this:

Knockback: -12; -10 "Cloaked"; -4 just w/ Labcoat; -0 w/ nothing; Belt can give an additional -12 from Immovability

Toughness: +13 (Imp 11); +11 (Imp 4) "Cloaked"; +4 (Imp 4) just w/ Labcoat; +0 w/ nothing

(which is actually partially incorrect)

to this:

Knockback: -13; -8 "Cloaked"; -4 just w/ Labcoat; -0 w/ nothing; Belt can give an additional -12 from Immovability

Toughness: +14 (Imp 12); +12 (Imp 4) "Cloaked"; +4 (Imp 4) just w/ Labcoat; +0 w/ nothing

The other 3pp will be spent on skills (bringing his total to 120r = 30pp)

3r of Craft (chemical) and Disable Device

2r in Language (adding Jpanese and Portuguese)

1r each of Craft (electrical), Craft (mechanical), Knowledge (physical sciences), and Knowledge (technology)

3+3+2+1+1+1+1 = 12 ranks

His new skill totals would look like so:

Craft (chemical) 11 (+21, +27 at HQ or with Electromagnetic Screwdriver)

Craft (electronics) 11 (+21, +27 at HQ or with Electromagnetic Screwdriver)

Craft (mechanical) 11 (+21, +27 at HQ or with Electromagnetic Screwdriver)

Disable Device 11 (+21, +27 at HQ or with Electromagnetic Screwdriver)

Knowledge (physical sciences) 11 (+21, +27 at HQ or with Electromagnetic Screwdriver)

Knowledge (technology) 11 (+21, +27 at HQ or with Electromagnetic Screwdriver)

Language 10 (Arabic, English, French, Hindi, Japanese, Mandarin Chinese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Urdu; German is native)

As for Belphegor... well, I'm now Gold Status, so I'll just be upgrading him to PL 10. I won't be using his PL 10 stats until something happens in game to explain the power-up, though. I've got a few things in motion to that effect going on now.

Done by Sandman XI

Geckoman would like to spend his 3 pp on awesomeness!

I'd like to put his Charisma up by 1 to 18, for 1 pp.

I'd also like to give him the feat Fascinate (Bluff), for a second pp.

I'd also like to increase him Super-Senses by one rank for the following construction.

Super-Senses 4 (infravision, low light vision, scent, tracking [olfactory])

This comes from Doc's waterfront thread where he tracked someone across half the city from sniffing the pavement. However, right now he still needs to use Beginner's Luck to get Survival ranks, which is fine by me.

I'd also like to alter his complications to the following. All it does is elaborate on his existing ones and add another based on the fact rapid cell regeneration consumes energy.

Accident (tends to be a little... careless): Chris is way too cocky for his own good, often participating in blatantly idiotic schemes with the potential to cause damage to himself and anything around him. Anyone who has seen him fly would testify to this.

Enemy (whoever he stole the stuff from): While he has yet to surface, the inventor of Geckoman's airship and gadgets would be displeased to learn someone else had taken it in his absence. Maybe he or she already knows and is working to get it back...

Secret (identity): Chris Kenzie attempts to keep his identity secret as much as he can. However, much of Claremont know it, as would anyone who has spent time with both (he doesn't act any differently in or out of costume)

Regeneration: While cuts and bruises don't sap his energy much, it Geckoman ever had to regenerate from severe injuries he would have to use up much of his body's energy possibly leading to muscle and bone wasting, extreme hunger or many other debilitating effects. This complication is essentially license for the DM to start using Fatigue, Drain or Nauseate effects on him as the plot demands if he has made recovery checks from effects like being disabled or having severed limbs.

Done by Sandman XI

Well, you know when I mentioned you couldn't tell whether Lullabies suit was made of evil or good magic? Its all part of the plan.

(Goddamn it, no joker smilies!")

And that plan would be?

(If you'd rather not everyone see it, PM me, but you do at least need to let the Refs know your plan.)

Uh, since we had a little discussion on chat about how Selective feats and extras work, I think I have to change Stalker's powers a bit...

-Fatigue 8 (Feats: Dynamic, Extended Reach 4, Incurable, Subtle, Extras: Affects Corporeal, Duration (Sustained), Aura, Selective Attack, 60 pp for Dynamic, 65 pp)

AP: Paralyze 8 (Feats: Extended Reach 4, Incurable, Subtle, Extras: Affects Corporeal, Duration (Sustained), Aura, Selective Attack, 7 pp per rank)

AP: Strike 8 (Feats: Extended Reach 4, Subtle, Extras: Affects Corporeal, Duration (Sustained), Aura, Penetrating, Selective Attack, 7 pp per rank)

Total cost of that is two points less then what it was originally, so upping Flight and Elongation by one rank each.

Whoops, this never got through.

NEW ONE ANYWAYS. 1 more pp goes to the auras.

-Fatigue 7 (Feats: Dynamic, Extended Reach 3, Incurable, Extras: Affects Corporeal, Duration (Sustained), Aura, Selective Attack, 53 pp for Dynamic, 63 pp)

DAP: Paralyze 7 (Feats: Extended Reach 3, Incurable, Extras: Affects Corporeal, Duration (Sustained), Aura, Selective Attack, 7 pp per rank)

DAP: Strike 7 (Feats: Extended Reach 3, Incurable, Extras: Affects Corporeal, Duration (Sustained), Aura, Selective Attack, Penetrating, 7 pp per rank)

DAP: Enhanced Strength 25 (Extras: Affects Corporeal, 2 pp per rank)

DAP: Protection 9 (Extras: Duration bought off to Continuous, Impervious, 3 pp per rank)

AP: Insubstantial 4 (Extras: Affect Other), Enhanced Strength 6 (Feats: Affect Insubstantial, Extras: Affects Corporeal, Affects Other)

Descriptors:

Enhanced Strength: Internalizing the chilling effects of her auras to be able to manipulate things while incorporeal/having greater strength overall.

Protection: Internalizing the same energies to protecting her body.