Character Edits

Barnum

Wesley's over cap on his attack bonus with powers (+2 BAB, +1 Attack Focus, +4 for Accurate, -4 tradeoff).

Take off Attack Focus. Give him 8 ranks in Craft (artistic). Give him a drawback that his Craft is only for tattooing.

I'm glad you pointed out that you're over your PL limits after your tradeoffs, but I don't feel that a drawback on Craft really fits the source material. Skills are supposed to be broad with four-color comics. If you really want to be good at tattooing and only tattooing, that's sort of what the Profession skill is for.

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wealth is coming from him selling ancient Norse artifacts to museums (what we consider artifacts in real life, old jewelery and such) that he picked up through the centuries.

Artificer is coming from his knowledge of arcane and him putting that knowledge into practice. This is just a bench marker for the respec on his artifacts to come and won't actually be used in play to create magical inventions. If you would rather me not spend it I don't care, just as long as the change in his powers from sword to only gauntlets is still allowed.

I made the explanation above, that she is just getting older and settling into her looks, not so youthfull bur more a young woman.

Why is a 3 too high to justify by just truning 18? It is well within the power caps, and does not overly effect things. IN fact, many PCs just seem to ignore that she has any ranks of Attractive, you included!

Whether it's within the PL caps has no effect whatsoever on whether it's justified. Your reason for becoming more attractive than any other PC or NPC in the Freedom City book (there, I couldn't even find one NPC with Attractive 2, let alone 3) is because she matured over the past year. That isn't enough to convince me that it's even possible.

If you're upset about people ignoring your Attractive, you need to mention it in those threads, and possibly give some idea of what you're looking for. You aren't always assumed to be making use of your Attractive, any more than a character with Fearsome Presense is assumed to be permanently unnerving.

People do get better looking as they age, particularly when they are leaving the younger teenage years and going into late teens and 20's. Its just normal. As for being higher than any of the NPCs in the book, why does that matter? I don't recall any of the NPCs having No-save attacks, but Icraus does. To me that seem far more unbalancing than an extra rank of attractive.

And actually, look in the Hero High Sourcebook, Student Body has 4 ranks of Attractive!

I'm glad you pointed out that you're over your PL limits after your tradeoffs, but I don't feel that a drawback on Craft really fits the source material. Skills are supposed to be broad with four-color comics. If you really want to be good at tattooing and only tattooing, that's sort of what the Profession skill is for.

That sounds good. Just take away the Attack Focus and give him 4 ranks of Profession (tattoo artist).

Updated by V_M

Thanks for putting up the changes, but some numbers got changed only in the device and not in the rest of the sheet.

Malice's Strength score should be: Str: 10/38 (+0/+14)

His Toughness should be: Toughness: +1 without suit/ +6 Suit's Con (+15 with Protection, 8 Impervious)

And the DC block should be:

Blast 11 - 26/Toughness -- Bruise (Staged)

Blast 12 - 27/Toughness -- Bruise (Staged)

Unarmed - 29/Toughness -- Bruise (Staged)

Thanks once again.

Updated by V_M

And Velocity would still be below Student Body. You saying I can't move beyond just being speedy? Velocity got her powers from exposure to some chemicals. Perhaps that added a bit of boost to her looks?

I just want to play a speedster that happenes to be movie star good looking, is that really too much to ask?

Thanks for putting up the changes, but some numbers got changed only in the device and not in the rest of the sheet.

Malice's Strength score should be: Str: 10/38 (+0/+14)

His Toughness should be: Toughness: +1 without suit/ +6 Suit's Con (+15 with Protection, 8 Impervious)

And the DC block should be:

Blast 11 - 26/Toughness -- Bruise (Staged)

Blast 12 - 27/Toughness -- Bruise (Staged)

Unarmed - 29/Toughness -- Bruise (Staged)

Thanks once again.

Sorry for not getting that the first time, there was just a lot to change. :oops: All done now.

Thevshi, Velocity's 3rd rank of Attractive has been okayed, but there are two minor conditions/provisos.

1) You have made mention in the past that folks don't acknowledge that Velocity is Attractive. The best way to solve this is to occasionally bing up the fact in game posts (IC or OOC) that she is remarkably Attractive. This will be especially helpful to new players/characters, who probably haven't read your character sheet and so have no idea how Attractive she is.

2) You want her to be "movie star good looking". This is fine, too, but some Refs feel Attractive 3 is the utmost amount of Attractive a person can have without invoking powers (like Student Body and the folks from Time of Vengeance who were made supernaturally/infernally enticing). Therefore, she cannot have any more Attractive unless she's got a seriously good involves-a-story reasoning for it. Which isn't really so big a restriction, since she couldn't have any more Attractive anyway for another 2 PLs due to skill rank caps.

Changes I'd like to make for The Ghost are as follows. The changes will use all of his unspent pps, which is presently 10.

ABILITIES

Spend 2pps to increase his Int from 12 to 14

Int: 14 (+2)

COMBAT

Due to his increase in Force field, his Toughness changes

Toughness:+1[Force Field +7]

SKILLS

Spend 6pps

Increase Disabel Device and Search by 4 ranks each. Increase Notice and Stealth by 8 ranks each. Due to the Ability increase, his Int skills all increase by +1

Bluff 4(+4), Computers 5(+7), Concentration 3(+4), Disable Device 12(+14), K: Art 3(+5), K: Current events 2(+4), K: Pop Culture 2(+4), K: Streetwise 3(+5), K: Technology 5(+7), Notice 12(+13), Search 12(+14), Slight of Hand 5(+6), Stealth 12(+13)

POWERS

Spend 2 pps to increase his Force Field from 4 to 6.

Force Field 6 [Continuous; PF:Subtle] 11pps

DC Block:

ATTACKS: SAVE DC: DAMAGE TYPE:

Damage 5 20/Toughness Varies (Penetrating 5)

Brawling 15/Toughness Unarmed combat

Costs: Abilities (10) + Combat (06) + Saves (08) + Skills (20) + Feats (07)

+ Powers (54) - Drawbacks (00) = Total Cost 105

Changes I'd like to make for The Ghost are as follows. The changes will use all of his unspent pps, which is presently 10.

ABILITIES

Spend 2pps to increase his Int from 12 to 14

Int: 14 (+2)

COMBAT

Due to his increase in Force field, his Toughness changes

Toughness:+1[Force Field +7]

SKILLS

Spend 6pps

Increase Disable Device and Search by 4 ranks each. Increase Notice and Stealth by 8 ranks each. Due to the Ability increase, his Int skills all increase by +1

Bluff 4(+4), Computers 5(+7), Concentration 3(+4), Disable Device 12(+14), K: Art 3(+5), K: Current events 2(+4), K: Pop Culture 2(+4), K: Streetwise 3(+5), K: Technology 5(+7), Notice 12(+13), Search 12(+14), Sleight of Hand 5(+6), Stealth 12(+13)

POWERS

Spend 2 pps to increase his Force Field from 4 to 6.

Force Field 6 [Continuous; PF:Subtle] 11pps

DC Block:

ATTACKS: SAVE DC: DAMAGE TYPE:

Damage 5 20/Toughness Varies (Penetrating 5)

Brawling 15/Toughness Unarmed combat

Costs: Abilities (10) + Combat (06) + Saves (08) + Skills (20) + Feats (07)

+ Powers (54) - Drawbacks (00) = Total Cost 105

It would cost 4 pp to increase his Force Field from 4 to 6, since it has the Continuous extra on it. How would you like to hand this?

It would cost 4 pp to increase his Force Field from 4 to 6, since it has the Continuous extra on it. How would you like to hand this?

Thanks for the catch!

I'll simply increase teh force field to rank 5 then. That is the easiest method. I've made the change above.

Thevshi, Velocity's 3rd rank of Attractive has been okayed, but there are two minor conditions/provisos.

1) You have made mention in the past that folks don't acknowledge that Velocity is Attractive. The best way to solve this is to occasionally bing up the fact in game posts (IC or OOC) that she is remarkably Attractive. This will be especially helpful to new players/characters, who probably haven't read your character sheet and so have no idea how Attractive she is.

2) You want her to be "movie star good looking". This is fine, too, but some Refs feel Attractive 3 is the utmost amount of Attractive a person can have without invoking powers (like Student Body and the folks from Time of Vengeance who were made supernaturally/infernally enticing). Therefore, she cannot have any more Attractive unless she's got a seriously good involves-a-story reasoning for it. Which isn't really so big a restriction, since she couldn't have any more Attractive anyway for another 2 PLs due to skill rank caps.

Thank you. :)

I never intended to go any higher with the ranks (and not just because of PL caps). And as to the part about her attractiveness being sometimes overlooked in the threads, that is something that just happens, don't really expect it to change much. I was more mentioning it as an example of how little effect the increase would likely have (Diplomacy doesn't even work on PCs as well).

Sorry about that; it just got lost in the shuffle. I was looking at your request once more, and I'm not going to approve Artificer now. You need to have a Craft skill to use it, and right now, you can't. If you spend some pp on learning a Craft, I'll reconsider it.

I'd probably put weaponsmithing under Craft (mechanical). That's the closest of the major Crafts, so if you want it to be able to remake your sword, that's what I'd suggest.

The Wealth is approved.

I have 3 PPs to spend on Nightrival.

1. CHA 12 (+1) = 2 PPs

This will increase two skill bonuses: Gather Information 12 (+13) and Intimidate 14 (+15).

2. The Prone Fighting feat = 1 PP

Also, the feats on the character sheet are not in alphabetical order. Would it be possible to cut and paste this new list? I included the new feat.

Accurate Attack, Acrobatic Bluff, All-out Attack, Assessment, Blindfight, Chokehold, Contacts, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 3, Distract (Intimidate), Elusive Target, Equipment 2, Evasion 2, Grappling Finesse, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Critical (19-20, unarmed), Improved Defense 2, Improved Disarm, Improved Grab, Improved Grapple, Improved Initiative, Improved Pin, Improved Throw, Improved Trip, Luck 2, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Prone Fighting, Quick Draw, Redirect, Stunning Attack, Takedown Attack 2, Uncanny Dodge (audio)

I also have 1 PP to spend on Twister. He gets a second rank in the Move-by Action feat.

Thanks! :)

Updated by V_M

I just realized, that to be an artist you gotta have some skill in artistry :P So, if it's possible, make Wesley's skills look like so:

Craft (artistic) 5 (+6), Knowledge (pop culture, current events) 5 (+7), Notice 8 (+10), Profession (tattoo artist) 5 (+7), Sense Motive 8 (+10)

Updated by Heridfel

I also have 1 PP to spend on Twister. He gets a second rank in the Move-by Action feat.

Move-by Action isn't a ranked feat, so you can't take a second rank in it (and it would have no effect if you did). Did you mean to improve some other feat? I reversed the purchase in the meanwhile.

I just realized, that to be an artist you gotta have some skill in artistry :P So, if it's possible, make Wesley's skills look like so:

Craft (artistic) 5 (+6), Knowledge (pop culture, current events) 5 (+7), Notice 8 (+10), Profession (tattoo artist) 5 (+7), Sense Motive 8 (+10)

That seems reasonable enough. I made the update, though the Knowledge skills have a +6 modifier since they are based off Intelligence.