Character Edits

Barnum

I finally have something ready to request for Icarus:

Dodge Focus +1

Attack Focus (melee) +1

Accurate on the Blast (with Dimensional on the AP, reaching into the Terminus)

Will +1 (increasing the Will save in my Icarus complication to +6)

This spends all of the four pp that I've not yet spent on him.

Updated.

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally have something ready to request for Icarus:

Dodge Focus +1

Attack Focus (melee) +1

Accurate on the Blast (with Dimensional on the AP, reaching into the Terminus)

Will +1 (increasing the Will save in my Icarus complication to +6)

This spends all of the four pp that I've not yet spent on him.

Got it.

• 2 weeks later...

looking to spend my 4 pp that I have with Emissary..

I'd like to buy improved grab, and put a point in my will save to raise it to +12

With the remaining two points, for sake of a somewhat cleaner go of things from my view, I'd like to lose the 2 ranks of protection I bought, and spend the 4 points total that results in to raise my con to 24, my toughness save ultimately stays the same (+13), my fort save goes up to +12.

looking to spend my 4 pp that I have with Emissary..

I'd like to buy improved grab, and put a point in my will save to raise it to +12

With the remaining two points, for sake of a somewhat cleaner go of things from my view, I'd like to lose the 2 ranks of protection I bought, and spend the 4 points total that results in to raise my con to 24, my toughness save ultimately stays the same (+13), my fort save goes up to +12.

And Updated by V_M!

Okay, here's my spending for Grim:

2 pp to buy 8 ranks of Intimidate; about time the bad guys started taking her seriously. :twisted:

1 pp to add 4 more ranks to Notice; about time this supposedly hypersensitive girl started sensing stuff. :roll:

Updated by V_M

I've got 4pp unspent on Dr. Archeville. I'd like to use those, and to trade in his Elektromagnetischer Schraubenzieher/Electromagnetic Screwdriver (4 more pp), to get the following:

1pp for another rank in Equipment (bringing it to Equipment 5 (25 eps), to add the following to his home HQ:

Combat Simulator 2 (attacks & realistic illusions/Holodeck)

Defense System (Snare 11, +11 to hit)

Gym

Power no.2: Super-Senses 22 (communication link [with Archeville's electromagnetic screwdriver], acute analytical extended 2 radius ranged tracking detect energy, acute analytical detect time, microscopic vision 4, acute analytical precognition [Flaws: Only for predicting macro-scale trends and behaviors])

(( Detect Time is from some superhumanly advanced clocks, most of which look at first glance to be simple cuckoo clocks. Precog is similar to what Ozymandias in Watchmen had in his arctic HQ, dozens of tv & news monitors filtered through some data-sorting software and his own incredible brain allowing him to pick up on broad trends. ))

~and~

7pp for Gadgets 1 (Easy to Lose, 5 'device points'; PF: Restricted - Only usable by those with a +10 or better Knowledge/Technology modifier): an Improved Electromagnetic Screwdriver.

Sample Settings:

[*:2mt8ydfx]Datalink 5 (5 miles)
    [*:2mt8ydfx]Enhanced Skill 18 (+6 to any 3 skills that his home HQ can help with) plus Super-Senses 1 (communication link with home HQ)
    [*:2mt8ydfx]Move Object 1 (Str 5; Extra: 5-ft. Burst Area; Flaw: Machines Only; PFs: Precise, Selective, Subtle)
    [*:2mt8ydfx]Move Object 1 (Str 5; Extra: Perception; Flaw: Machines Only; PFs: Precise, Subtle)
    [*:2mt8ydfx]Nullify 5 (all effects of an electrical circuit descriptor at once; Flaw: Action/Full Round)
    [*:2mt8ydfx]Obscure 2 (radio sense, 10-ft. radius)
    [*:2mt8ydfx]Strike 3 (electricity, heat, radiation; PFs: Extended Range, Precise)
    [*:2mt8ydfx]Super-Senses 5 (acute analytical ranged tracking detect energy)
    [*:2mt8ydfx]Super-Senses 5 (acute analytical ranged tracking detect physical objects)
    [*:2mt8ydfx]Super-Senses 5 (penetrates concealment detect metal)

The Enhanced Skills/Communication Link is to show that, when he's using his E.S. to help him with knowledge skills and the link, he's accessing his HQ's extensive library databases. Conversely/similarly, many of the advanced tools in his home HQ mimic some of the functions of his E.S.. Thus, the bonuses from both sources do not stack, as they're essentially the same source.

Updated by V_M

I'd like to buy:

+2 Strength (for a total of 32)

and put 2 into Equipment for The Invisible Pyramid! Captain Wonder's headquarters has stats of:

Invisible Pyramid , Security System, Workshop, 10ep]

Where does it come from? Why, from an upcoming thread...

Updated by V_M

Alright, this is going to be a little long so bear with me. The Vignettes got me thinking and I want to point Malice in a slightly different direction, and when I first joined the forums, I was still very new to the system, so I would like to stream-line a few things, and I wanted to wait until I wasn't involved in an ongoing game to do so.

First, the fluffy things:

Can you change the current picture with this one: %7Boption%7Dhttp://img136.imageshack.us/img136/888/brassbycarlobarberixq2.th.jpg[ /img][ /url] ? Under which can you place this phrase (excluding quotes): “(Brass by Carlos Barberi)â€Â. Got to give credit where credit is due. If you’re going to start a revolution then you need to look memorable.

Secondly, can you re-title the “Arms of Malice†as the “Mantle of Freedom†?

===========================================

Next we move onto spending the new PP. I’ll use both of them on skills, raising Diplomacy and Knowledge: Technology by 4 ranks each. Making Diplomacy be 4 (+6) and Tech be 7 (+12). You can’t lead a revolution if you can’t get people to like you and you can win one if your opponent has better weapons.

===========================================

Then we move onto the stat-fu portion of the program. What I’m going to be doing here is changing the properties of the Mantle of Freedom, but keep it to the same total cost, assuming I can do such a thing. If I can’t, then kindly ignore as much of the following as you deem necessary.

The end result of moving these points around is as follows:

If you want to see how I got from point A to B, you’ve unfortunately got a bit of reading to do.

Firstly, get rid of Regeneration entirely. When I first made the character, I thought I knew how regeneration worked, but I later discovered that I didn’t (thanks to UP). Also, I can’t really justify why a weapons engineer would know that much about medicine. So that frees up 8 points.

Next, remove the Area Extra on Communication, and then change it to rank 4. I now have a net total of 10 free points.

Then I’ll spend 6 points to give the suit some toys in the form of Super Senses 6 (Darkvision, Direction Sense, Distance Sense, Time Sense, Ultra Hearing) leaving me with 4 more points lying around.

Also, I’ll increase my Protection to rank 9, but decrease my Impervious to 8. This is representing more of a focus on taking very powerful shots at the expense of disregarding vulnerabilities to weaker attacks, because metas are Malice’s primary focus, and they hit HARD. I’ve got 3 points left.

Next, lower my Flight rank to 5 because while having the weapons on the outside looks really cool, it’s not exactly aerodynamic. 5 points left.

Speaking of the Weapons, the array is next, and last. It should now read:

Enhanced Strength 28, Super-Strength 4 – Righteous Riot {36}

AP: Blast 11, PF: Indirect x3, Extras: Targeted Area-Burst, Selective, Flaws: Distracting – Liberation Cannon {1}

AP: Concealment 10, Enhanced Skills 6 (Stealth 12 ranks, Disable Device 4 ranks, Notice 8 ranks), Subtle Power Feat for Flight – Stealth Mode{1}

AP: Blast 12, Extras: Auto-fire – The 2nd Amendment{1}

Weapon Descriptions:

Liberation Cannon – Malice releases a barrage of mini sidewinder missiles that fly through the air with insane maneuverability and can devastate targets from nearly any angle. The downside is that the suit doesn’t quite have enough RAM to run all of these targeting systems simultaneously and there is a bit of lag time in the HUD meaning attacks can get much closer before Malice even knows they’re on their way.

2nd Amendment - What do you get when you cross a gattling gun with a rail gun? Malice’s pride and joy. Seriously, he loves this thing. 1500 , 30mm rounds a minute, yes please. Mounted on his right arm, this thing will scare anyone with the slightest bit of common sense. He’s got a second one hidden in his left arm and he can use two at the same time, but doing so is a huge draw on the power reserves so he uses that as a last ditch effort (ie. Extra Effort).

Stealth Mode – Living proof that sometimes the greatest victory is the battle not fought. Using highly advanced (and personalized) cloaking and stealth technology originally designed for jets and missiles, Malice can render himself nigh undetectable. He also uses the spare power to significantly amp up his senses and fine tune some of his breaking and entering tools. This mode vastly increases Malice's skills in the fields of Black Ops and Reconnaissance.

Updated by V_M

Okay, this is directed at Geez3r: that's a lot of changes, and we of the GM brood are going to have to discuss some of them, as I'm not entirely sure we allow that kind of extensive changes after a character is approved. Realistically, it makes sense, as it's much easier to swap out weaponry in a power suit than justify how your powerset became completely different as a (for example) mutant. (That never stopped Marvel, though ;) )

In any case, I'd vote yes to allow you to change it, because as I said, it makes sense. I'll let you know how it goes. If you have any questions, PM me and I'll answer them the best I can.

EDIT: Good news, everyone! Your changes are approved. Please make sure to note in character what you changed and how you did so. From what I've seen in your threads, you do a good job of that, but I just wanted to make sure you knew that was one of the provisos to a change this big.

I'll get started on the character edit.

Okay, ready to spend Velocity’s 3 pp’s:

One will add to the Attractive Feat, making it 3 ranks, and increasing her Bluff and Diplomacy skills to +19 with the feat active.

Another will be spent on Dex, making 17/27, which doesn’t change anything right now.

The last will be added to her Will save, making it 5 (+6)

How is Velocity becoming more attractive? Plastic surgery? Secondary Mutation? Mystical enhancement? Dressing more provocatively?

She is getting older, turning 18 in the Summer, moving from being just a teenager to being a young woman.

The Norseman has 3 unspent PP and I would like to spend 2 of them now.

1 pp: Feat Benefit Wealth

1 pp: Feat Artificer

Can you explain how you gained your Wealth, and the knowledge to become an artificer?

Okay, ready to spend Velocity’s 3 pp’s:

One will add to the Attractive Feat, making it 3 ranks, and increasing her Bluff and Diplomacy skills to +19 with the feat active.

Another will be spent on Dex, making 17/27, which doesn’t change anything right now.

The last will be added to her Will save, making it 5 (+6)

I've updated the Dexterity and Will save, but Attractive 3 seems too high to justify by turning 18. It's rarely used for more than 1 or 2 (except in Paragons, but that was universally decried as a mistake.

I made the explanation above, that she is just getting older and settling into her looks, not so youthfull bur more a young woman.

Why is a 3 too high to justify by just truning 18? It is well within the power caps, and does not overly effect things. IN fact, many PCs just seem to ignore that she has any ranks of Attractive, you included!