Character Edits

Barnum

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to go ahead and spend 2 of the 4pp I've recently earned for Doktor Archeville. I've been playing up the "he's worked as a superhero and inventor in Germany for years before coming to FC" bit of his background in several recent posts, so now's the time to put some power (i.e., pps) behind it.

Two new feats: Benefit (Wealth) and Connected, to represent the income from his few patents and royalties and "consultant's fees" on various projects, and to represent his ties to folks in Europe (who may happen to be in FC at the time, or have a close relative in FC).

I have a 3 PPs to spend on Nightrival:

Skills: Gather Information 12 (+12), Notice 13 (+15), Sense Motive 13 (+15) = 2 PPs

Saves: REF +14 = 1 PP

Updated.

I also have 1 PP to spend on Twister:

Intimidate 8 (+9), Notice 8 (+8) = 1 PP

Thanks!

And updated.

Are you sure that you want Connected? It requires a Diplomacy check, and you have a +0 modifier on most of those. Attractive doesn't help as much if you're in Freedom City and your friend's in Europe...

Yes, I'm sure. With a +0, I can on average get a 10, enough for "simple favors." Which is, IMO, about what he should be able to get in FC at this time. It's largely a flavor thing, anyway, like in explaining how Archeville got in to see Dryad in the prison (he saved a relative of one of the guards, who was vacationing in Germany at the time).

I'll spend the point I got for Malice on a rank in Equipment to begin the basics of building a headquarters.

Stats for the HQ:

Size: Tiny [-1]

Toughness: 10 [1]

Features: Computer, Concealed, Power System, Security System, Workshop (dedicated to working on power armor) [5]

Originally, Eric had used his own basement and tools to design and build the Arms of Malice, but after its completion, he realized that should it ever need real work done on it, he'll need more space. With a bit of ingenuity, elbow grease, wads of cash and a power suit that could lift over 200 times its own weight, and tear matter apart molecule by molecule, Eric had made a bunker for himself below his own house. A section of one of the walls in his basement is a hologram, which "blocks" access to the elevator which takes you another 30 feet down to the base itself, assuming you can bypass the security on the elevator.

The base itself isn't all that much to look at. It's essentially just wall to wall tech, with blinking light and monitors as far as the eye can see. There's bit and pieces of half-finished prototypes and scavenged parts lying all over the room. Scematics and designs with various levels of completion are strewn all over a table in the corner, right next to an equally high mound of crumbled paper. What's more is that there are wires running all over the ground going from what appears to be the main power unit in the center of the room to every corner of the room like the druken weavings of a spider.

Exile is finally going to be paying for the mansion he's living in; so his one pp is going into a rank of the Equipment feat in order to pay for the following:

The Gentle Mansion [HQ] (5ep)

Size: Large (2)

Toughness: 10 (1)

Features: Library, Living Space (2)

Currently rather bare-bones and worn, the Gentle Mansion had stood for three generations by the turn of the last century. For the last forty years the increasingly withdrawn Howard Gentle has lived alone here devoting most of his time to study of the occult. Lately it seems to see a little more activity with a young, and fairly distant, relative of the old man having moved in.

((In a while he'll be adding a bunch of other stuff, but that'll have to wait until I actually have the pp for it.))

I am going to be incredibly shallow and spend Gossamer's one PP on a rank of Attractive :oops:

I am doing this because 1) I am a guy, 2) women in comics are always purty, and 3) so I don't have to worry about folks saying Charisma isn't the same as being attractive :roll:

Also as I was describing the character to my sister during our carpool after work today (She's a bit of a nerd wannabe, god bless her), I was talking about how striking her hair was, the first thing anyone noticed, and realized that a rank of Attractive would really help sell that :love:

As to how this works with her already being in a thread with the Norseman and suddenly just getting prettier the next month (admittedly a silly concept), let's just say that she is getting more comfortable with herself post-transformation. She always tried to downplay her looks in academia, since people tended to take her less seriously, but now you know what? Let 'em stare! :twisted:

I vow that in the future I will use all my power points for good, not evil ;)

(Most. Smilies. Ever! :ugeek:)

I'd like to go ahead and spend 2 of the 4pp I've recently earned for Doktor Archeville. I've been playing up the "he's worked as a superhero and inventor in Germany for years before coming to FC" bit of his background in several recent posts, so now's the time to put some power (i.e., pps) behind it.

Two new feats: Benefit (Wealth) and Connected, to represent the income from his few patents and royalties and "consultant's fees" on various projects, and to represent his ties to folks in Europe (who may happen to be in FC at the time, or have a close relative in FC).

Updated.

I'll spend the point I got for Malice on a rank in Equipment to begin the basics of building a headquarters.

Stats for the HQ:

Size: Tiny [-1]

Toughness: 10 [1]

Features: Computer, Concealed, Power System, Security System, Workshop (dedicated to working on power armor) [5]

Originally, Eric had used his own basement and tools to design and build the Arms of Malice, but after its completion, he realized that should it ever need real work done on it, he'll need more space. With a bit of ingenuity, elbow grease, wads of cash and a power suit that could lift over 200 times its own weight, and tear matter apart molecule by molecule, Eric had made a bunker for himself below his own house. A section of one of the walls in his basement is a hologram, which "blocks" access to the elevator which takes you another 30 feet down to the base itself, assuming you can bypass the security on the elevator.

The base itself isn't all that much to look at. It's essentially just wall to wall tech, with blinking light and monitors as far as the eye can see. There's bit and pieces of half-finished prototypes and scavenged parts lying all over the room. Scematics and designs with various levels of completion are strewn all over a table in the corner, right next to an equally high mound of crumbled paper. What's more is that there are wires running all over the ground going from what appears to be the main power unit in the center of the room to every corner of the room like the druken weavings of a spider.

Updated.

Exile is finally going to be paying for the mansion he's living in; so his one pp is going into a rank of the Equipment feat in order to pay for the following:

The Gentle Mansion [HQ] (5ep)

Size: Large (2)

Toughness: 10 (1)

Features: Library, Living Space (2)

Currently rather bare-bones and worn, the Gentle Mansion had stood for three generations by the turn of the last century. For the last forty years the increasingly withdrawn Howard Gentle has lived alone here devoting most of his time to study of the occult. Lately it seems to see a little more activity with a young, and fairly distant, relative of the old man having moved in.

((In a while he'll be adding a bunch of other stuff, but that'll have to wait until I actually have the pp for it.))

Updated.

PP spending for Grim in June:

1 pp = 4 ranks in Acrobatics, maxing her out at 12 ranks

1 pp = 4 ranks in Stealth, getting her up to 8 ranks

2 pp = 2 ranks of Evasion

"She was like a ghost, man - one minute she was there, the next, pfft! She was gone, bro."

PP spending for Grim in June:

1 pp = 4 ranks in Acrobatics, maxing her out at 12 ranks

1 pp = 4 ranks in Stealth, getting her up to 8 ranks

2 pp = 2 ranks of Evasion

"She was like a ghost, man - one minute she was there, the next, pfft! She was gone, bro."

Updated.

A little bit of tinkering:

I'd like to change Captain Wonder's "Shim-Ra!" Blast 14 AP to a Blast 11 (Burst Area, Penetrating) (Touch Range, Distracting) attack to better match the damage caused by a magical bolt of plasma. As it's an area attack, this way I don't feel screwed and I don't stretch my PL caps.

With my PP, I'd like to buy:

1 pp=+4 ranks of Arcane Lore (Fred's been absorbing more knowledge these days!)

1 pp=Improved Grab (Fred's been pretty wrassly lately)

and I'm saving the other 1 for July for the Invisible Pyramid.

(You'll see. Mwa-ha-ha!)

I'd like to have Mongrel Angel spend her 1pp on the following

Dimensional Pocket 1 [100 lb.] [Grapple Required [-1 Flaw] (1)

A nice little convenience power, and given how few pockets most Super-costumes have it'll come in handy (in minor ways) more than once I wager.

Updated by VM.

A little bit of tinkering:

I'd like to change Captain Wonder's "Shim-Ra!" Blast 14 AP to a Blast 11 (Burst Area, Penetrating) (Touch Range, Distracting) attack to better match the damage caused by a magical bolt of plasma. As it's an area attack, this way I don't feel screwed and I don't stretch my PL caps.

With my PP, I'd like to buy:

1 pp=+4 ranks of Arcane Lore (Fred's been absorbing more knowledge these days!)

1 pp=Improved Grab (Fred's been pretty wrassly lately)

and I'm saving the other 1 for July for the Invisible Pyramid.

(You'll see. Mwa-ha-ha!)

Updated.