Advancement Opportunities in Heroing

Veiled Malice

Just a quick clarification: have the refs come up with the rate at which they will be giving out Power Points? I heard one person voice an opinion it should happen at one point per 50 in-game posts, which I thought was patently absurd. Back on GG, I've only just hit 700 posts after nearly a year. Granted, I'm not the fastest poster out there, but that's spread out over something like six characters. I'd be thirty before Nanowire hit PL 11.

I also heard something else about a more standard progression, like one for participation in a campaign, one for a particularly ingenious plan, one for great roleplaying, etc. Just wondering, is all. 8-)

Just a quick clarification: have the refs come up with the rate at which they will be giving out Power Points? I heard one person voice an opinion it should happen at one point per 50 in-game posts, which I thought was patently absurd. Back on GG, I've only just hit 700 posts after nearly a year. Granted, I'm not the fastest poster out there, but that's spread out over something like six characters. I'd be thirty before Nanowire hit PL 11.

I also heard something else about a more standard progression, like one for participation in a campaign, one for a particularly ingenious plan, one for great roleplaying, etc. Just wondering, is all. 8-)

We are still discussing this (as you might have guessed). Here's my take:

I like the idea of giving out 1 PP for completing 1 mission/duel/chapter. So in my "campaign,' once the heroes defeat the giant mummy and make it through the aftermath (which will probably be about 1-2 weeks of real-time play, then I'm going to give them all a PP. Then maybe at the end of each calendar month awarding 0-2 PPs for exceptional play, contribution to the forums, participation level, etc. would also be in order. In the other MnM MMO-style game I help administrate, we give out PPs monthly. The basic strategy for us is, a player who takes advantage of all of the RP opportunities we give him (a training scenario, a campaign, a free-form character development thread, playing an NPC for another character, etc.) will gain about 5 PPs a month. I'd like to see something similar to that here. So that active players who stick with us for a year of real-time (practically unheard of in PbP) would be somewhere around PL 12 with over 180 PPs.

I like the idea of giving out 1 PP for completing 1 mission/duel/chapter. So in my "campaign,' once the heroes defeat the giant mummy and make it through the aftermath (which will probably be about 1-2 weeks of real-time play, then I'm going to give them all a PP. Then maybe at the end of each calendar month awarding 0-2 PPs for exceptional play, contribution to the forums, participation level, etc. would also be in order. In the other MnM MMO-style game I help administrate, we give out PPs monthly. The basic strategy for us is, a player who takes advantage of all of the RP opportunities we give him (a training scenario, a campaign, a free-form character development thread, playing an NPC for another character, etc.) will gain about 5 PPs a month. I'd like to see something similar to that here. So that active players who stick with us for a year of real-time (practically unheard of in PbP) would be somewhere around PL 12 with over 180 PPs.

I am sure it is something that will work out over time, but sounds like they Refs/GMs have a good idea on how to handle things. I am glad to hear that basing it only on posting rate has been abandoned (though I would clean up if that was the way it was handled on GG :mrgreen: )

I am sure it is something that will work out over time, but sounds like they Refs/GMs have a good idea on how to handle things. I am glad to hear that basing it only on posting rate has been abandoned (though I would clean up if that was the way it was handled on GG :mrgreen: )

• 4 weeks later...