New Addition [COMPLETE]

The Sailor

He let it drop.  He didn't want a discussion.  It wasn't really teen angst, there were things in his mind he didn't want.  And separating them from the rest of his thoughts and him. Got a little tricky.  So he took the silent option, because it was easier.  "The pool is heated."  He shrugged a little bit, and then stopped to glower at people staring because he had something resembling an outburst, one that had an echo with others, because why should he just hear and feel others, when he could readily broadcast and influence them.

"Tonight was supposed to be meditation.  If we stay on the South Bank, there are plenty of places to go to.  Though, you may want to wear something other than a skirt.  It's supposed to be windy tonight."

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sakurako grinned. "I got something more appropriate for days like this." Sakurako said, starting to rummage through her bag. "Yep, still got it. I can switch to my slacks instead of the skirt I normally have with my more... civilian outfit."

Then the mention of a heated pool distracted her. "Wait... that outdoor pool is heated?" She said, her eyes lighting up. "Although getting out of that pool on cold days must be very... uncomfortable. I should come up with some sort of deployable shelter for that. Something that can inflate and cover it in times of real cold weather. Would be good practice for me as I do plan on making some sort of space-worthy shelter at some point here."

She looked like a bundle of energy. "I soooo got my swimsuit ready to go."

"Oh right... any other suggestions?"

Casey rubbed her chin thoughtfully. "Well to be honest, I'm pretty new here myself; I haven't really done the tourist thing yet, other than a short visit before school started." She smiled at tge memory of her brief team-up with Terrifica. Then she brighted up as a thought struck her. "We could have a cook-out! Get a good fire going, make hot dogs and popcorn, stare up at the stars..."

Suddenly she felt like the biggest dork in the world; 'have a cook-out'? Could you even see the stars in Freedom with all the light pollution? The athletic blonde hunched her shoulders slightly as she scooped up a big pile of veggies, her cheeks a little pink. "Or, we can just watch a movie..."

"You know... why not both? All I need is a couple large balloons, lots of string and rope, a big enough sheet, and some helium, and I can set up a projector over at the pool. We could just wheel a grill over there. The heat from that and the pool could keep the land lubbers warm." She said with a smile. "Unfortunate all the light pollution has our skies bereft of stars. Such is the curse of progress." She said with a sigh.

Looking at her watch, she knew she had time to put her plan into motion. One hour for transit. She could lift the tanks of helium via her EM wand, and there was a party store nearby that sold the latex balloons of the size she needed. The sheet would be the challenge. She needed something 128 inches in dimension to project on minimum that was a white screen. But ideas came to mind. "I could have my end of things set up in a hour and a half. I'll even remember the tikis! Luckily I brought a couple pool toys too. This... will be fun."

Casey's eyes got big and bright as Sakurako built upon her idea. "Ohmigod, that's awesome! I can totally get the grill going!" Then she stopped and put a hand on the engineer's arm; there was a great deal of power in her grip, but she was careful not to squeeze to hard. "Wait, we have to run this by someone, and get approval; I think I read there's a groundskeeper in the student handbook?"

She looked out the cafeteria windows, and then giggled. "I think we need to find Hagrid's cottage!"

• 2 weeks later...

Sakurako agreed with the idea, looking over to Casey. "So... I wager you don't have a roommate?" Smiling, she started to finish up her lunch. "This sounds like a brilliant set up then for some fun, at least. I'll be starting to make any calls that need making once I'm done eating here. The Spaghetti is really, really good."

She looked over to Casey. "I just hope if you need a roomie you don't mind my late hours working on more techie-type projects. Sometimes when I chase an idea I stay up to the wee hours of the morning. You should see how many sleepless nights it took to make this suit."

I think we're close to wrapping here, so I think after a couple more posts we can close up.

Edited by The Osprey

Casey shrugged, then indicated the other Japanese girl nearby with a jerk of her head. "Well right now, I'm rooming with Haruko-san, but if that ever changes, yeah, I suppose so. As long as you don't mind living with a jock." She grinned. "But on the up side, I can get you Thin Mints for next to nothing! So there's that."

Happy for some evening plans to look forward to, the blonde bruiser tore back into her jumbo-sized lunch with renewed vigor.

"That's nice..."  Looked as uncomfortable as can be imagined, though he tried to keep it from his voice, which was it's normal stoic.  Shifting from one foot to another.  His comfort was clearly exhausted, and he was looking for exits, without looking for them obviously.  He shared, he was done.  They didn't get it, he didn't expect them to, they thought they did, and he wasn't of the notion to correct that.  He just wanted a graceful exit without pity.  And that proved to be trickier than facing villains.

Vonnie was bored. B-O-R-E-D bored. There was a moment where he thought he’d have to step in to avoid a fight, but the girls proved themselves deft at smoothing things over. So, he just half listened to the two chatter away about nothing, and was very, very bored. He had finished his lunch a while ago, and, was keenly aware that half the room was still sneaking looks in this direction. He no longer wanted to be in this room. He just couldn’t think of a good excuse to get him out of it. Until his spatial awareness picked up on Errant’s posture. Heh, he wants out of here more than I do. **** it, let’s go. He got up and slung an arm around Errant’s shoulders. “What’d you say we go do some guy stuff, eh? Let the ladies go bond and we can meet up with them later?†He leaned in and whispered in exaggeratedly conspiratorial fashion. “Let’s blow this pop stand. I’m tired of sensing all the stares, aren’t you? You can split when we’re down the hall, if you like.†Vonnie didn’t know a thing about being a telepath, but he did know a bit about being able to mentally sense everyone in a room whether you wanted to or not. He also knew not everyone was the chatty type. It didn’t take a genius to realize that Errant had both things going on. And, well…he was called Samaritan for a reason. He unleaned. “Ladies, it’s been fun, really. But it’s time for that most sacred of rituals, male bonding. That’s right, we’re going to pee against walls, fart without excusing ourselves, scratch below the belt, and all that guy stuff.†He attempted to guide Errant away with his arm.

• 3 weeks later...

Sakurako waved to those that were leaving as she tapped a couple times on her Tablet. "Okay, I got everything on my end lined up. Casey... if you're interested in setting up our impromptu pool party, I might need some heavy lifting help... Although shopping with someone is far more fun than being alone anyways." she said, holding up her EM Wand. "That and I'm sure just getting off campus will be a welcome thing for everyone that wants to help, eh?"

Sakurako was getting exited. "Well... if anyone is interested in setting this up we'll meet near the front gates in 30 minutes. I gotta change out of my suit anyways." She said, looking forward to the trip. "And... thanks for the friendly reception... really."

Standing up she put her dishes in the proper receptacle and smiled. "I think I'm gonna like it here."

- End

Edited by The Osprey