Incursion: Opportunists and Opposition (OOC)

Thevshi

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well SG, what Emily was told (and I guess Memorial as well) is sort of in Rav's hands  (though HG has been playing Memorial as if she is aware Lor-Van is gone).

Anyway, no Rav, the ref team actually nixed the idea of equipment level translators.  We had talked about the possibility of one's set for a specific language (basically a rank of the Language skill) but never OK'd that.

So Mechanized can't understand a blasted thing we're saying, check.

Corona is certainly not going to voulenteer that the home world was destroyed, not to a bunch of aliens from an outback protectorate. I figure she gave a boilerplate explanation about the Republic wanting her to fix a problem,and the analysts picking this team as being the best composition possible. Of course she can't control if Memorial or Galvanize leaks it.

Edited by Raveled

Well SG, what Emily was told (and I guess Memorial as well) is sort of in Rav's hands  (though HG has been playing Memorial as if she is aware Lor-Van is gone).

Anyway, no Rav, the ref team actually nixed the idea of equipment level translators.  We had talked about the possibility of one's set for a specific language (basically a rank of the Language skill) but never OK'd that.

Well, I was posting partially in view of some stuff said in chat/in Three if By Space- basically, Miss Americana would have sent an email to Memorial, and I was going as if she'd gotten it just before they left.

Fair enough HG.

Hey SG, one though for what Mechanized can do re: space - per our house rules, the Nomad has spacesuits available for Emily to wear.  She could put one on before getting in her armor.  The only down side, it would impose a -2 penalty to attack, defense and reflex.

Fair enough HG.

Hey SG, one though for what Mechanized can do re: space - per our house rules, the Nomad has spacesuits available for Emily to wear. She could put one on before getting in her armor. The only down side, it would impose a -2 penalty to attack, defense and reflex.

sweet

as for language, while it strips Mechanized of her Knowledge: tactics as far as Galvanic is concerned, I doubt it's going to matter when we engage the pirates. girl with heavy armor pointing a gun in your direction is universal enough

Edited by souffle_girl

Well, communication is going to be a bit of an issue when you get out into space anyway, as most of the PCs do not have a means of receiving Emily's radio communications from the mech.

Anyway, Rav is right, trying to deal with the penalties for the spacesuit (which are inherent to the spacesuit) would take about 50 hours of work, or 25 if you took penalties on the design/construction checks. Building the mag clamps would take far less time, but still a few hours. As Rav stated, you can jury rig, but that will require a hero point (per jury rigging).

The pirate leader gets a 38 on his Intimidate roll to counter Corona’s ultimatum/ intimidate roll.

Round One

24 Pirate Interceptor pilots (3) (unharmed)
24 Galvanic (unharmed, 2 HP)
17 Elite Pirates
16 Average Pirates
15 Mechanized (unharmed, 2 HP)
12 Corona (unharmed, 1 HP)
12 Sovereign (unharmed)
7 Memorial (unharmed, 1 HP)
3 Tough Pirates