Security System

Powers: [47 ep]
Flight 7 (1,000 mph) [14 ep]

Super-Movement 3 (Space Travel 3: Intergalactic) [6 ep]

Comm System 4 (8 pp array, Feat: Alternate Power, Subtle) [10 pp]

BP: Communication 8 (Radio, 2,000 miles) {8/8}
AP: Communications 16 (Radio, Nearby Solar Systems, Flaw: Move Action) {8/8}

Sensor Suite 3.2 (16 pp container) [16 ep]
Super-Senses 8 (Radar [Accurate, Radius, Ranged Radio Sense], Analytical, Extended 3 [x10,000 increment]) {8/16}
Super-Senses 8 (Visual, Analytical (all visual), Extended 2 (all visual) [x1,000 increment], Infravision, Ultravision) {8/16}

Super-Senses 1 (Communication Link [Praetorian headquarters]) [1 ep]

Well, weapons make is more expensive.  Here is a possible weapons array I was working on (adds another 8 pp/41 ep to the cost).

Weapons Array 20 (40 pp array, Feat: 1 alternate power) [41 ep]

Blast 10 (plasma blasters) (Extras: Autofire; Penetrating 5; Feats: Improved Range 2 (500 foot increment); Progression (Range) 2 (5,000 feet max range) {39/40}

Blast 10 (quantum torpedoes) (Extras: Burst Area; Feats: Progression (Area): 2 (250 foot radius), Improved Range 3 (1,000 foot increment), Progression (Range) 3 (10,000 feet max range) {38/40}

That is just a possible weapon array.  Now that I think about it, the torpedoes (or whatever we call them) likely do not need Improve Range, as there is no to-hit roll, so they could pick up some more Progression Range, giving them a much longer striking distance.  Could also add some penetration on them as well maybe.

Anyway, if we were to add that particular weapon array, we would be looking at a ship that costs 105 ep (or 21 pp) each.

However, making the ship completely unarmed is foolish in the event the team isn't capable of defending it. Beside not every Praetorian can fly in space or has immunity. That and; is a direct engagement always wise? Or what if the ship is carrying away refugee or something? Shouldn't it at least have some mean of defense not dependant on it's crew?

Edited by RobRX

Look at it this way, RobRX. It can already take a PL11 attack to the face and have good odds of just shrugging it off without a care. And for the set up to the huge space firefights the team will easily be able to get the EP needed to make it a viable combat thing, even if they don't just buy a battleship. And for the time being the Preatorians are still getting a handle on the wider galaxy. They're vulnerable in a way they haven't been for a long time. The ship not having weapons has as much has a dramatic and thematic use as an Equipment Points saving utility.

And it's not like the GMs will punish the team for not being super-efficient and combat-optimized right away.

Well, my thought AA was that the Praetorians ships will be ones the Curator took when he captured them. So the same type of ones they used to use before.

As for the weapons, those are some valid points Ari, only, space combat is a possibly pretty much right away in the Incursion threads, so there won’t be time to save up EP and upgrade with weapons.

If we do add the weapons, it will be a lot more EP for each ship. They mainly are there to give us a means of getting around quickly (as many of us cannot do so under their own power).

• 2 weeks later...

So for the headquarter, I was considering somekind of space bunker, hidden away from view and unopened since the days of the Delaztri empire. Essentially, a self-sustaining fortress hidden in some asteroid field or in orbit of some forsaken world or moon nobody would ever feel like going to, probably because it's not inhabitable by carbon-based life forms.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, so discussion has come back up about whether our ships should have armaments.  The pervious array of weapons I listed were pretty spendy, but maybe something more straightforward?

So far we have 28 pp of equipments points donated (24 from me, and 1 each from Rob, Ex, Tiff and lazer) for 140 ep.

We could add the follow weapon system:

Blast 10 (Extra: Penetrating 5; Feats: Improved Range 2 (500 foot increment); Progression (Range) 2 (5,000 feet max range) [29 pp]

That would put the total cost for each ship at 70ep.  So we have just enough for two.  In the coming months we could get a few more contributions from everyone to give us points for a HQ (which are much less expensive).

Thoughts?

• 5 months later...

Okay, going to bring this back up as we need to finalize things with our spaceships and start work on a headquarters. 

Currently we have the following: 

24 pp from me (120 ep)
1 pp from Tiff (5 ep)
1 pp from lazer (5 ep)
1 pp for Rob (5 ep)
1 pp from Ex (5 ep)
4 pp from Vahn (20 ep) 

Total: 32 pp (160 ep)

Given the way things have played out in threads, I think we are going to go with our two spaceships being different sizes, the Devotion being larger and the Kavaca being a bit smaller and sleeker. 

I have redesigned both ships, adding weapons, so now they are quite a bit more expensive.  As such, I will add another 12 pp from my most recent veteran award (Impervium) to give us 44 pp (220 ep).  We will still need some points from people to build our headquarters (and at some point I might want to free up some of the veteran points I have poured into this).  We do need some points from our newer members (Rav, Mad and TT, as well as one for Blue when she gets back active). 

The Devotion
Aquila Class Spacecraft (111 ep)
Size: Awesome (-12 atk/def; STR 60; Toughness: 15) [5 ep]
Str: 70 [2 ep]
Toughness: 20 [5 ep] 

Features: [11 ep]
Navigation System
Computer
Fire Prevention System
Hanger
Holding Cells
Gym
Infirmary
Laboratory
Living Space
Security System
Workshop 

Powers: [88 ep]

Flight 7 (1,000 mph) [14 ep]                                                                

• BP: Communication 8 (Radio, 2,000 miles) {8/8}
  • AP: Communications 16 (Radio, Nearby Solar Systems, Flaw: Move Action) {8/8}

1. Super-Senses 8 (Radar [Accurate, Radius, Ranged Radio Sense], Analytical, Extended 3 [x10,000 increment]) {8/16}
  2. Super-Senses 8 (Visual, Analytical (all visual), Extended 2 (all visual) [x1,000 increment], Infravision, Ultravision) {8/16}

Weapon Systems 20 (40 point array; 1 alt power) [41 pp]

• BP: Blast 10 (plasma blasters) (Extra: Autofire; Penetrating 5; Feats: Improved Range 3 (1,000 foot increment); Progression (Range) 2 (5,000 feet max range)) {40/40}
  • AP: Blast 10 (quantum torpedoes) (Extras: Burst Area; Penetrating 5; Feats: Progression (Area) 1 (100 foot radius); Progression (Range) 4 (25,000 feet max range)) {40/40}
Edited by Thevshi

The Kavaca
?? Class Spacecraft (109 ep)
Size: Colossal (-8 atk/def; STR 50; Toughness: 13) [4 ep]
Str: 60 [2 ep]
Toughness: 16 [3 ep] 

Features: [9 ep]
Navigation System
Computer
Fire Prevention System
Holding Cells
Infirmary
Laboratory
Living Space
Security System
Workshop 

Powers: [91 ep]
Flight 9 5,000 mph) [18 ep]                                                                

• BP: Communication 8 (Radio, 2,000 miles) {8/8}
  • AP: Communications 16 (Radio, Nearby Solar Systems, Flaw: Move Action) {8/8} 

1. Super-Senses 8 (Radar [Accurate, Radius, Ranged Radio Sense], Analytical, Extended 3 [x10,000 increment]) {8/16}
  2. Super-Senses 8 (Visual, Analytical (all visual), Extended 2 (all visual) [x1,000 increment], Infravision, Ultravision) {8/16} 

Blast 10 (plasma blasters) (Extra: Autofire; Penetrating 5; Feats: Improved Range 3 (1,000 foot increment); Progression (Range) 2 (5,000 feet max range)) [40/40]