I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings [OOC]

Heridfel

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Technically, you wouldn't be able to reverse the Plant Control without the Reversible power feat, but I'm ok with giving you the use of that power feat without using extra effort. Remember that it isn't a Selective Attack, though, so you want to be careful about where you target it. You could even entangle yourself if you get caught in your own area!

We're out of initiative right now, and if at any point you want to re-enter combat, we'll restart it with the same initiatives rolled before (beginning the cycle with the person who started combat).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a plan! But part of it depends on whether or not Doc knows something about FC's history.

The .pdf Iron Age Vigilantes & Villains has two characters tied to Blackstone, specifically the Blackstone Riot of 1983: Countess Azure and Doc Abbatior. Both were killed during the riot: Azure (a former insane cult leader who orchestrated mass suicides)) mind controlled a guard into killing her rather than face more time in jail, but nothing is said of how the Doc Abbatoir (a former host of Jack-a-Knives who drove the spirit out but retained some of its power and continued killing) died.

Part of my plan was to have Doc to use his gear (once he retrieves it) to make it look like the ghost of one or both of those villains are manifest and have them harass White Knight and his gang; at the very least it might slow them down long enough for more reinforcements to come, at best Doc may get them to KO themselves as they blast at the ghosts.

But, I don't want Doc acting on knowledge he might not have. So what flavor of Knowledge check should I make for him to see if he'd know enough to come up with this plan? History? Popular Culture?

EDIT: Wait, it doesn't really matter since it's probably not going to be a knowledge Doc has. So it'll just be his based +10 Int.

Knowledge (History) and Knowledge (Popular Culture) rolls. (1d20+10=17, 1d20+10=23)

Will those be enough to let Doc come up with such a plan?

The important thing for those rolls is that you have Eidetic Memory (and Jack of All Trades, too), so you can hit the higher DCs of Knowledge checks. You don't have anything from the History check, but you remember a sensationalized British special called "Jack the Ripper was only the beginning: Famous Murderers of the 20th Century". That show went into some brief detail about Doc Abattoir, including his death within the prison during the riots.

Unconscious means that the White Knight doesn't think about it. It's blindingly obvious to anyone who spends more than a couple of minutes with him. Since we're four-color here, I'm purposely holding back on him. He's a bigot, and he'd probably use the n-word as a casual part of conversation. However, I'm also trying to make him a little less one-dimensional and give him some behaviors that match up with his stats in Freedom City.

The easiest answer for me is that Dryad has slipped away from the rest of you in the confusion. That way, I'm only handling one major super-powered NPC.

You're not in the armory yet. This is just a hallway that the guards had been attempting to hold. It's leading toward the armory, which explains why they'd be trying to stop you now.

A poor roll, but perhaps good enough: Notice check w/ +2 synergy bonus (1d20+12 = 17)

I personally would like to see Dryad back in action, but it's totally up to you, nareik. We would sorta need to know just what did happen to her if she slipped away and is no longer with the gang, though. Hiding somewhere? Escaping on her own? Spirited away by some third party?