Revenge is a dish best served hot (IC)

RobRX

Dragonid snorted at the cyborgs, the muscles in his neck tense as he spit out words of contempt. "No fear in what is left of your brain? Then you are clearly lesser than before, unable to see that your metal heads will be melted and cracked before this is done. You have attacked and threatened a dragonid's host. Even if he were not one I considered brother, my fires would be here to melt you down to slag. But since he is my brother, you would have been wise to start running days ago."

The fires burned in his chest, ready to burst forth and destroy the foolish would-be assassins.
  • Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GM

"Fear is irrelevant." one of the creature said, as it's stalk-mounted camero eyes clicked and whirred, moving forward as it focused on Dragonid, it's cybernetic gaze on the saurian warrior. "Only our mission matters to us, creature of pure carbon. Only the experience we crave and our payment matter. For what else would matter to one such as us? We have nothing to fear from you even if we did experience such a lowly, crippling emotion."

In unison, they raised their cybernetic hands, which unfurled into a tangled mass of tubes, wires and pieces and spun on itself, reshaping into weapons. It seemed as if most of their bodies had been surgically altered to be implanted with horrific weapons. Then the other one spoke up; "Now: if you intend to dismantle us, I would suggest you and your host proceed now. Resistance is pointless, but much appreciated."

Then the cyborgs opened fire once again.

Edited by RobRX

As Dragonid endured the blow, Kharag rolled out of the way to avoid the one directed at him, which only suceeded in making an enormous, burning trail on the walls of the habitation complex, causing sparks to fly out as the electronics in the wall fizzled and burned out.

"You dare? YOU DARE?! SOULLESS ABOMINATIONS, TASTE MY WRATH!" he roared, as he lept at the cyborg assassins. His left fist moved with implausible precision, striking the cyborg in it's mechanized guts, caving in the mixture of flesh and metal. Meanwhile, his right fist crashed into the creature's sensory array, what passed for it's face. Under the force of the blow, it creaked and then partially shattered and the creature jerked back as it's mechanical brain tried to compensate.

Dragonid was caught off guard nad before he could move he felt the energy beam sweep over him. If he was a lesser creature it would have hurt, but now he was just mad. "If destruction is what you seek, you will get it." He ran around behind Kharag, positioning himself in line with both cyborgs. Then, taking a deep breath, he spit out a long continuous stream of flame. The flame engulfed the first cyborg, but the second dodged out of the way quickly enough to avoid being burnt. "There is hotter fire where that came from."

GM

While one the mechanically-augmented assassin managed to move out of the way, the other found itself wrapped in flames. In a desperate attempt at protecting itself, it crossed it's metallic arms over itself, in hopes of containing the heat but to little effect as it found itself slowly but surely singed, it's mechanical components feeling the intense heat just as much as it's remaining organic components.

"You were not planned to be removed." The cyborg said at Dragonid, in the same mechanical and monotone voice. "Your presence here was not part of the agreement; fortunately for our clients, we do such work for free." It's left arm unfurled, it's fingers extending into long black metallic spikes. Lightning crackled at it's tip and then the bolt flew at Dragonid.

Kharag exhaled and extended his arm, moving a different stance. Briefly, he and the cyborg judged each others, demigod versus cybernetic abomination. Then, with a roar,  Kharag launched another attack, the extended arm snapping into a quick blow aimed at the cyborg's torso, aiming for a strike that would impale the creature and break right through the ribcage. That, Kharag hoped, would be enough to once and for all put the creature out of comission and out of the fight.

At the last second, the cyborg moved out of the way, having predicted the attack thanks to it's mechanical brain, able to predict movements in a way an ordinary brain never could. The blow did not hit, the finger only scraping against the metal plates bolted on the cyborg's flesh, making a loud creak as sparks flew.

Edited by RobRX

The bolts of electricity that flew from the cyborg struck the mighty dragon warrior in the chest, but it coursed down the outside of his thick scaly hide. "That tingled a little", he said, showing off his toothy bestial grin, "As pitiful a weapon as your sorry excuse for a bomb. Who hired such lousy assassins?"

With a growl Dragonid took a deep breath and spit out a smaller hotter burst of fire at the closest cyborg's metal encased head, but his robotic reflexes let him duck just as the flames sizzled overhead. Dragonid's eyes squinted in frustration.

GM

"It seems we have played with you for too long." One of the cyborg said, glancing at the other, it's head making a whirring sound as it moved in a way a normal neck (at least normal for most species) is certainly not supposed to move. "Agreed." The other said as the two continued their assault, continuing their barrage as they kept firing at Dragonid and Kharag, the beams and lightning bolts tearing every larger gash and holes into the walls and ceillings.

Once again, Kharag threw a punch at the cyborg and, once again, the creature's biomechanical brain analyzed the maneuver, moving it's body out of the way. But this was exactly what Kharag had planned and expected; for the cyborg to react to his movements in an identical, mechanical way. At the very last moment, through sheer focus, he managed a burst of speed as he twisted his arm and elbow in order to ram it into the cyborg. The fist crashed into the cyborg's metallic body, crushing the metal and the meat underneath. Fluid, organic and synthetic, spilled out through the cyborg's crushed and ripped tubes. A choking sound could be heard, coming from the cyborg as it's mechanical life support briefly failed, making it choke for a brief moment.

Edited by RobRX

Dragonid dodged around the cyborg's energy blast, waiting for an opening, waiting for them to lower their defenses. He thought he saw one and ducked low to spit another fireball. But gritted his teeth in frustration as the cyborg merely jumped away and the fireball burst harmlessly at their feat.

Frustration turned to anger and he roared fiercly at the closet cyborg, "By the fires of the fathers, I'll send you back to the scrap heap they built you from," smoke and foam spitting from his lips.

Edited by ca_lazerdwarf

GM

As the battle raged on, the cyborg assassins began to realize they might have underestimated their opponents. With one of them trying to recover from some failling life support, the other pressed a deviced, surgically attached to it's lower body. A glowing blue field spread over the cyborg's shape, before turning reflective. An holographic cloaking device, it seemed. The same technology used to hide their cybernetic nature and to infiltrate the complex.

The image then distorted and blurred, before blending in the background and soon the cyborg was gone. Well, perhaps not gone but it had blended into the surroundings and was planning for an escape, leaving it's comrade behind to fend for itself it seems. A comrade about to suffer the wrath of the Za'akis God-king...

Edited by RobRX

Angered by the cyborg's wanton destruction and harm of his people, Kharag unleashed his full might on the mechanical monstrosities, an anger that would be more ascribed to divine wrath. "YOU WILL KNOW THE FATE THAT AWAIT THOSE WHO DARE THREATEN MY PEOPLE, MONSTER! YOU WILL FEEL MY WRATH!" And perhaps rightfully so. The damaged cyborg tried to defend itself, attempting to block the blow but to no avail. Focusing all psionic might into his fist, the alien warrior aimed straight for the assasin's torso. Flesh met metal.

And the metal broke first.

The cyborg's chest caved in and it found itself tossed away like a mere ragdoll. Battered, broken, it remained on the ground with sparks erupting from it's damaged body. "They lives you took had names. And I knew each and every single one of them, fiend. No you will answer for your trangression! Prepare to meet your ancestors in whatever foul place your soul will reside. If you have one that is!"

Dragonid breathed out another burst of flame and wove it into a shell surrounding the wounded cyborg. He knew it would not stop Kharag if he truly wanted to get through, but hoped it would make him hesitate and listen. "Stop, brother. We need to keep this thing alive, able to answer questions. With its partner abandoning it, it is the only source we have now to find the source of this plot. They say they were hired. Someone else was behind all this. THEY must not escape your wrath."

He took a step closer to the king, and whispered in the Delaztri language, "But keep your ears open, we do not know if the other has really left."

Edited by ca_lazerdwarf

Dragonid almost didn't get through to him. Fortunately, however, he did. If barely, as Kharag was about to brave the flames in order to finish off the cyborg in a moment of blind fury. It took him all his will to stop the mindless rampage, but he managed to. "RAAARGH! You wish for me to spare this honorless monster? You..." The alien breathed out a sigh.

"You are right. He can still be of use to me. Beside, this is not my homeland, my words and actions are not law." He glared at the damaged cyborg. "How lucky for you."

"Do not worry, Kharag, we will find the source of this plot and avenge the deaths of your warriors." Dragonid raised his fist to his chest in salute. 

He looked the cyborg over, and his own anger continued to flare. To have seen warriors he had just saved cut down so easily and callously, but tearing this thing apart would solve nothing. "So what do you have to say to make us sparing you worthwhile?" Dragonid asked "Your companion showed no loyalty to you, there is no reason to show any to him or your employer."

GM

"I-I-Iiiiii....am cOnTrAct-bOUnd t-t-t-to neVER disISclOse anY sENSItive inFORmation." The cyborg said, glitching as it spoke, words and sounds repeating or having some strange inflexion, when not turning to half-metallic screeching. "Pre-p-p-paring self DES-truct: deconstruction sequence initiated." The cyborg jerked like a demented puppet for a moment and...then nothing hapenned. It seem whatever was damaged inside it prevented the self-destruct from initiating; no doub this mechanism was designed to only detonate on purpose, considering all the heavy weaponry mounted inside the assassin's body.

"I see it can not even destroy itself properly." Dragonid looked with contempt at the cyborg, kneeling for a closer look to see if there was anything recognizable underneath all the metal implants. It baffled him that such drastic changes could be made to a creature without simply killing it.

The dragon warrior looked up to ask Kharag. "Do you have anyone who can examine and trace tech like this? Or force it to talk? I have no experience with this sort of technology."

"Not amongst my people." Kharag said, leaving the creature to lie there, broken, as he walked to the charred debris of what once were the tables. Then he began to toss said debris aways, trying to find any survivor amongst the charred wrecks. "Surely a few of them must have survived." That is, amongst those caught in the cyborg's blasts. The rest had ran as soon as the battle had begun. The space had been too cramped for all of them to fight.

With a grunt, he tossed one of the burn table away, revealing the unconscious form of the ambassador. While knocked out and wounded, he was still breathing. "Nekshar. You're still alive." On Za'ak such injuries would have been lethal, but a plus of joining the empire were the medical advances. They could patch him up.

"I have a survivor!" Kharag shouted, before noticing another wounded who was still breathing. "No, I have two! Take the other one outside."

Dragonid rushed to help transport the wounded survivors Kharag had found. "You are to be honored to stand in your King's defense against such powerful foes. Live to enjoy that honor." he said in as comforting and respectful a voice as his jaws could manage. He did not know if the Za'aki could hear him, but it seemed appropriate to praise the old warriors in case they could.

He called down the hall for any escaped warriors, who could now return and help with the clean up and rescue effort. 

GM

As Dragonid and Kharag exited the damaged complex, they found themselves greeted by several heavily-armed Delaztri peacekeeping forces as well as the Za'akis warriors who had previously fled the assasination attempt. The two groups were busy discussing with each others and exchanging information about what had transpired.

Medical officers swarmed to the duo and to assert the gravity of the wounds, both on them and the survivors they had dragged out. "We have wounded." said one of the Delaztri. "Severe burns. High intensity lasers; prepare them for emergency treatment"

One of the peacekeeper turned to Dragonid and saluted the Praetorian. "This is bad; the safety grid's been completely fried and compromised, this whole place is in chaos, for all we know they could have slipped by us unnoticed and, in fact, probably did according to the reports we have. Whoever did this no doubt had planned out their escape. What can you tell us about the assailants?"

Upon seeing Kharag, one of the Za'akis approached him. "My king, I speak for everyone here and in their name, I wish to apologize for the hasty exit we have made."

"There is no need for such an apology; when you all left, it was because you knew this was not your fight. You saw what their weapons could do, none of you were properly equipped to handle such a threat. And do not forget you would have gotten in our way." Kharag replied to the Za'akis, one of his general. Or perhaps former general, he wasn't exactly sure how the Delaztri hiearchy worked.

Turning to the crowd, what was left of his 'inner circle', he spoke up; "If you wish to be of any use on this day, then there is more to do than merely fight; tend to the wounded. Find the assassins. Now is not the time for bloodshed." Some in the crowd reacted poorly, loudly voicing their opinion and disagreement. In that moment, it seemd, Kharag's influence on his people was growing weaker and weaker.

"ENOUGH! I said now is not the time! These assassins came for me. No, dare I say, they came for all us. Someone, out there, desire all those who follow me dead." Furious, he stormed off and, as he passed near Dragonid, he telepathically said. 'I hate having to use such weak and fettered diplomacy'

Edited by RobRX
The voice in his head was still strange to Dragonid. He did not know if he would ever get used to it. He gave a respectful nod to the gathered Za'akis and then fell in line behind Kharag as he stormed off. "Where do you think this enemy comes from?" He thought back at the king, "Do you believe it is targeted at all your followers, or was that just words to rile up your men?"

The assassination attempt was unlikely to stop with one attack, whoever was behind it would try again and that set Dragonid's nerves on edge, waiting for another cyborg or worse around each corner. And it wouldn't stop until Kharag or the mastermind was dead.

'One of the cyborg did say the bomb had been specifically planned to remove me. I suppose my men were either meant to be collateral damage or they were planned to be executed for associating with me.' Kharag 'said' back at Dragonid, as he walked circles, trying to contain his anger, aware that some 'wrath of the gods' approach was really a terrible choice right in the middle of Delaztri civilization.

'Associating. With me. They also tried to kill you. You are a Praetorian of the Delaztri empire and so am I. Could it be a possible connection?' The alien was rambling, both in his head and in Dragonid's head.

'Know that I can only contain my wrath for so long, so you better help me find an answer quickly. The people in that room, I knew their name. All of them.' For all his questionable approaches to ruling the Za'akis, Kharag at least did care about his people.

"The server knew something." Dragonid offered. "When he brought the meat with the bomb hidden in it, he knew it was there. I could tell by how nervous he was, and the way he tried to hurry out as soon as he got rid of the plate. We need to find him, find out who put him up to it and gave him the bomb."

He tried to remember details about the sever, younger perhaps than the warriors, less scarred. But with the sudden excitement, he had not have time to mark many features of the Za'aki. "Did you know that one's name? I do not that he was caught in the fight."