I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings [IC]

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, his grasp of history's about as good as I'd expect.

I doubt he has taken advantage of the prison's library.

Well, when we're done, he'll have some smarts!

... you are horrible.

The combination of the Super-MAX armor and Archeville's own force field protected him completely from the fiery blast. He used the momentary distraction of the fireflash to switch to his cloaking field, then moved to one side of the room.

"Triumph?" Archeville's voice echoed through the room, "his only triumph was in killing himself and ridding the world of his madness!"

From one corner of the room, a blast of numbing cold shot out, followed immediately by a set of magnetically-charged metal bolos. Both struck the Knight, and Archeville hoped they held.

The icy blast burst across White Knight's body, chilling him even through his coat of flame. As he reached for Archeville, despite the cold all around him, suddenly the whirling magnetic bolas struck him, cinching him tight and pulling him off his feet as they tied his arms to his midsection. "You forget, Archeville," spat the still-chilled Knight, "I still have these hostages. And I don't need my arms to BURN THEM. Back off right now, or I'll fry them all!"
  • 2 weeks later...

Better act fast, boy. Whatcha gonna do?

Fly over, and teleport him & us outside!

Ah, but our Belt can't handle that much additional weight.

But we could reroute some of the-

That'll take too long.

Well... oh, of course! The Super-MAX suit amplifies our strength enough we could fly up and just haul him off, fling him out the window.

What if he's prepared for that? Soon as he feels our touch, he goes off, frying everyone?

Well, we... we could... well what do you suggest, just shoot him?

Something like that.

In a flash, Archeville appeared before the bound & helpless White Knight. He held one gauntleted arm up -- the one with Mad Maple's Winter Wand incorporated into it.

"Go! To! ----------!"

Archevile's last word was cut off by the sound of the Winter Wand being fired.

• 8 months later...

With a crack of sheer elemental fury, the mighty blast of winter struck the White Knight about the midsection, instantly flash-freezing the fire-flinging thug in an explosion of power brought about by the sheer scientific genius of one Viktor Archeville. Indeed, the blast was so strong that it actually hurled the Knight out and away, blasting him through the ceiling with fury enough that only the thick coating of ice and his own toughened body protected him as one Daniel Foreman flew out of sight into the sky. It had been a very powerful blast.

I am really, really glad that worked out!

See what happens when you listen to me? Things work out!

"Vhite Knight is down," Archeville said with great relief into the MAX armor's radio, hoping someone was listening in. "Repeat, Daniel Foreman is down."

Archeville zipped across the room, alternating between freeing hostages and binding the crooks White Knight had taken out in his rage with restraints in the MAX armor. "Everyvon is alright, ja?"

Once he'd secured the prisoners and made sure the hostages were okay, the Doktor zipped out the window which Warden Drummer had been thrown through, down to the ground where he had gently lowered the warden to, and landed next to him. "You may need," he said as he removed the armor's helmet, "to send a search team for Foreman. I blasted him up and out with one of Adam Jury's Winter Wands, but could not get a sufficient view of his arc to determine where he would land. Oh, und...," he flashed a weak smile, "de power dampers should all be back online by now..."

A somewhat-battered Drummer shook Archeville's hand, rising to his feet and adjusting his uniform as he brought himself back to composure. "Dr. Archeville, on behalf of my staff, and the people you just saved, thank you. A lot of innocent lives might have been lost without your efforts, and I personally am in your debt for what you did for my people and our institution." He gave Archeville a hard smile. "And that's why I'm going to trust that a man of your vaunted intelligence doesn't need to hear about why we don't turn off power dampeners."