Beware the Night, O Child of Light

horngeek

Terrifica had said nothing more until they were outside. After listening to both Mikala and Emily, she held her elbow with one hand and her chin with the other in classical Thinker fashion. “Hmm. That’s…problematic. I’m the only one who knows how to spot that trail, but I’d like to investigate Takuma’s apartment. There might very well be an important clue there.†She seemed to decide what to do rather abruptly, but in truth she’d gone over every option a dozen times over in her speedy brain. “Miss Stanford and I will go to the Waterfront. Agent Mikala, can you go to Takuma’s apartment with Glamazon? I’m going to trust that your investigative skills are adequate to the task of figuring out what’s happened to him. I can’t be in two places at once-â€Yet, anyway“-and the finding the girl takes precedence. Miss Stanford‘s firepower would be better served against the kidnapper than a potential pitched battle on the FCU campus. Glamazon, from looking at her, is a skilled and physically powerful fighter, and she knows and is somewhat fond of you.†She hopped on her motorcycle. “Sound good?â€

Mikala looked at Terrifica.  "We did have a go-over of the apartment- it's not going anywhere.  I brought it up in case you had tools we don't- if the Waterfront turns out to not be where Haruko's being kept, there might be clues there.  But if she is there- and more importantly, her kidnapper- then you don't want to split up.  From your description, this seems like exactly the sort of person who might be dangerous in combat despite their inexperience."

He paused.  "Or because of it.  Fear the person who doesn't know what they're doing, because they can pull off something foolish that catches you off-guard."

Thaelia shrugged.  "It matters not.  The girl's life is of far more value than riffling through dwellings uninvited.  Knowledge is both a weapon and a crutch.  We shall not let these herrings of crimson blind us from our pursuit of this child of light."  She wasn't afraid of the possibility of running into someone dangerous.  That was less of a deterrent and more of an encouragement when it came to the Atlantean warrior princess.  

If there was truly a need to explore the apartment again.  Thaelia had no qualms about simply carrying everyone she needed to and sprinting as fast as she could.  On land Thaelia's speed was not as impressive as it was in the sea.  However, breaking the sound barrier was still within reach.  Which she assumed would be enough to make up for lost time if they were going in the wrong direction.

Terrifica frowned. Hard. She hated, hated, leaving mysteries unsolved. And what had happed to Takuma was currently a big mystery. However. The missing girl was first case in line and with all the information they had, the greater stakes attached to it. She adjusted her attitude, and removed the frown from her face. “I would prefer to have Glamazon’s might available should rescuing the girl come down to a fight. I just don’t like leaving loose ends like that lying around. They always come back to haunt you.†With a pointed look at Glamazon, she added. “Knowledge is my primary weapon, warrior, and I’d prefer to be as well armed as possible. Not all of us can bench press a truck.†She held up a hand to forestall any responses. “However, for now the girl is more important.†She started her motorcycle. “Is everyone transport capable? I suspect we’ll need speed, and speed I have.†She revved the engine for effect.

Really, where does this Glamazon girl come from? An action flick?

"OK, Waterfront it is then. I'm not coming without my armor, fortunately it lets me make really long leaps, so I should be able to keep up with you... I hope. Just give me a minute to get it up and running."

Mechanized  walked over to the large black frame of her armor, then squeezed in. Moments later, the hulking machine came to life, lights flicking across the HUD as Emily checked the systems.

"Everything's OK. Let's go," she said, and her jump pack flared to life propelling her high in the sky.

Mikala nodded.  "Good luck."

Waterfront

The journey to the Waterfront was quick- they really weren't very far from there to start with, and as late at night as it was, there was very little traffic.  As they arrived, the smell of a backfired car came drifting through the air, seeming to come from one of the warehouses.  It didn't seem any different from the other warehouses along the shoreline- and there was a door on a walkway that could be reached by catwalk, which probably opened onto a second level.  

Suddenly, a flash of light came through one of the windows, and cursing could be heard by the heroes quite clearly- a male voice, using English, but with an accent that... none of the heroes had ever heard before.  Most certainly not a Japanese accent.  

Edited by horngeek

"If the fiend who dares to kidnap surrenders now, your transgression most foul shall be forgiven.  If by the grace of the gods you refuse.  Then the Daughter of the Seas shall present with the gift of battle."  Thaelia called out towards the flash of light in the window.  For someone else it might have been the perfect opportunity to rely on subterfuge.  Sneaking into the area, if the man was otherwise distracted by whatever matters had him cursing.  However, Thaelia was anything but subtle.  And any opportunity to chew the scene was a welcome one.

Continuing her movement towards to the scene without missing a beat.  It wasn't as i they ever surrendered.  She wasn't even positive they were in the right area yet.  Although, Thaelia had to admit the flash of light was a hell of a clue.  But, the Atlantean wasn't a mindless brute either.  If they did wise up and give up, it would mean their night would go all the smoother.

Once again, Terrifica gripped the bridge of her nose with her thumb and forefinger. Sure, announce our presence to the entire Waterfront. What harm could that ever do? Still…this isn’t unsalvageable. She does make a fine distraction. She spoke quickly, and quietly. “Mechanized. I’m going to find another way in. Please make sure Glamazon doesn’t get in over her head. The more the enemy focuses on her, the easier I will go unnoticed.†She didn’t wait for the girl’s reply, instead directing her attention to the AEGIS agent. “Please wait here. Your faster connections to the emergency departments may be needed.†She didn’t wait for his response either, quickly walking around the building in search of an alternate entrance.