Mission of Mercy: Aftermath

This is not the way she'd wanted the conversation to go.

She'd wanted unconditional backup. Help to protect Tona, to keep her away from the fight.

Instead, she sits there, open-mouthed, trying to think up some counter-argument, some reason she's still right.

And nothing comes.

"I am such an idiot," she surrenders, head dropping. Here she goes again, dropping to elaborate schemes as the first resort, and ruins everything along the way.

"I just hope she'll talk to me at all... Is there anyone you'd recommend?" This isn't going to be easy.

"You're not an idiot," Stesha reassured her warmly. "You love her, and you want her to be okay. Love makes all of us do crazy things sometimes." For a moment there was sadness behind Stesha's smile, then she moved on. "Doctor Franklin is the psychologist on staff for the Freedom League; I've heard he's very good and I know he has experience with interdimensional refugees. There's also Doctor Marquez, from Claremont. Tona might already be familiar with him, and that could help. I think there's also a psychologist on staff at Special Circumstances Housing who probably has some experience. So there are a few options, and I'd be glad to smooth the way for whoever she decides to talk to." 

She gave Sam's hand another gentle squeeze. "She might be upset now, but I'm sure you two can work things out. And like I said, I would be happy to talk to her about getting help. I have no problem telling her I don't want to see her on the front lines in Sanctuary without at least talking to a doctor, and it might spare you another argument." 

Edited by Electra

A good name, enough information to make contact, there's the easy part out of the way. Getting through to Tona? That's going to be hard. Always so stubborn.

"I've talked to Doctor Marquez before," Sam admits. A requirement for ex-supervillains getting a fresh start at Claremont. "He's... a pretty alright guy."

She sighs, steeling herself for what she knows she will have to do. "Thank you for your help. I'll try talking to Tona... as soon as she's willing to talk to me again, anyways. I just hope I haven't ruined everything."

The nonchalance of the damned. A Samantha Vance specialty.

Doesn't make the situation suck less.

/end