Help with Character Concept: Relic Control?

So I have this idea for a character. Well really I'm stealing the idea from a short description of someone's picture >.> But anyway!

This italian girl manifests a peculiar mutant ability: Relic control(?) or something. It allows her to take magical weapons and use special properties of them. For example, her first weapon (and probally only that she'll actually have) are a pair of dual ice daggers. In her hands she can use cold control and use the special properties of the daggers. The daggers deal ice damage, can be thrown far and return instantly on being thrown through a short dimensional gate (done by using Extended Range 3-5 as a power feat). I also intended to add split attack and mighty as power feats.

however, the main issue lies in the actual ability to do this. Say she disarms a magician of his staff and it has the magic descriptor, she could use particular properties of the staff. Say it can fire a a beam of light, cloak the user in darkness, etc. This effect would extend to any 'relic' item such as magic pendants or necklaces. Although that could be something she learns later. So, ideas on how to emulate this?

On another note:

I'd like all of her powers to stem from items. So anything other then the 'relic control' (calling it that till i figure it out) would be in a device. However, I want to emulate the fact that she has various different devices i.e. weapons but does not use/bring them with her all the time. Say in one adventure she uses the ice daggers but in another she uses a dark scimitar. How would you advise that to be done?

I think I'd like to add teleportation to the daggers as well. The story behind them will be shown later if anyone's interested in it ^^

Also, stupid question, can we post up character backgrounds even after we filled up our quota? I have two characters I created and put over at ATT but I like you guys more :X

The GM's here are kick arse and the players are alot of fun to play with. Although I've only spoken/played with a few of you ^^

For your first thing: Power Control (Limited to Magic Items) is the closest I can think of. Or Transfer, if you mean she's actually taking the power of the item into herself.

(Also, if thrown daggers instantly return after being thrown, that's Blast.)

For your second: I'd do it as Gadgets... but current board rules are such that that would not be allowed. Alternatively, go with Artificer, but rather than jury-rigging the item, the time is spent rooting around in her magic bag for it.

For your first thing: Power Control (Limited to Magic Items) is the closest I can think of.

I don't think this really fits. For with power control you can't actually control the target, just their powers. If she's carrying the item then..well idk o.o. That's actually kind of cool XD. But that doesn't really let it fit into her PL or pp. For example, if she steals a staff that would put her over her pp limit for abilites then what? I was thinking that a large portion of her pp are just sort of sitting around allocated only to one item at a time to let her use them/etc. But i don't know how that would work.

Or Transfer, if you mean she's actually taking the power of the item into herself.

No, just using the item in ways that others cant. For example if she picks up Thor's Hammer she doesn't become thor or smash mountains or become stronger at all. Instead she can say, breath electricity or run very fast. She can only use those powers while wielding/using that item.

Also, if thrown daggers instantly return after being thrown, that's Blast.)

I was trying to emulate a vastly decreased range. Blast gives a much larger range then I was thinking. I was thinking a maximum of maybe 20-30ft

For your second: I'd do it as Gadgets... but current board rules are such that that would not be allowed. Alternatively, go with Artificer, but rather than jury-rigging the item, the time is spent rooting around in her magic bag for it.

I'm going to have to look up Artificer, I've never heard of that *digs through UP*. I was going to be practical and she never has more then one item on her at a time. If she has a magic sword why have magic daggers also? Maybe the power only works with one item at a time.