Egyptian Escapade

Supercape

Erick wasn't sure what Dee's next trick would be.  Her powers worked on a less than visible level.  But, the moment the Crocodile King stopped trashing about wildly he knew something had gone on.  Combining his Escrima sticks into the full length of the Bo Staff Erick moved forward splashing water all about as he neared.

Pulling his bo staff back Erick just swung wildly.  There was nothing resembling refined technique as he unloaded on the Crocodile King hoping to hit as hard as he could.  The Crocodile's head flew back lacking a solid posture while otherwise distracted by the telepathic grapple.  Erick's arm felt like it was screaming as he swung with reckless abandon

Have I told you lately that you're beautiful?  Because that was beautiful Dee.

Edited by HG Morrison
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GM

The Crocodile King's head was made of hard stuff, all bone and hide. And whilst his physical power was undeniable, his brain was no stronger. the King was all rage, fury, blood and muscle, full of confidence and teeth. But he was not the smartest crocodile-man in the world. 

His head snapped back from the force which shuddered the Bo-stick. A few splinters even peeled off the staff, splishing in the water. Against that, even the Crocodile King took a back step. If his dark eyes were less dark, they would have been seen to roll. 

"Grrr...No man can defeat me! I am the strongest! Even Doctor Zero was not as strong! I will not bow my knee to weaklings!" he swore, although it seemed he could not marshall the will or muscle to do anything just then. 

Dee wanted to reply to Erick's compliment, or even congratulate him on the powerful blow he landed on the Crocodile King, but the Englishwoman was far too focused on keeping her mental hold over the creature and preventing it from doing anything else.  She could feel it's will struggling against her mental grip, coming very close to pulling free.  But she managed to maintain the hold, keeping the creature locked up in a battle inside its own mind, and thus unable to react to what was going on around it.  Dee tried to strike at its mind, hoping to knock it unconscious, but the Crocodile King still proved incredibly resistant, avoiding the attempt, even if it could not pull free from her hold.

Erick stepped forward diagonally.  Presenting himself in the blindside of the Crocodile King.  It may have been a superfluous point with his mind otherwise occupied.  But, his new position wasn't merely a defensive ploy.  From it was birthed new angle to attack from.  One that would take advantage of an exposed jaw line.  

Jutting forward Erick struck upwards with the left end of his stick.  Hitting the Crocodile King on the right side of his face with the same sort of enthusiasm found in a child striking a piñata.  The blow had as much force as Erick could muster.  And it  certainly did its weight in damage.  But, the Crocodile King still stood.

"Man, what is your skull made out of?"

Dee was sweating now, and not from the heat and humidity.  While from all outward appearances she was simply standing there, focused like a laser on the Crocodile King, who was similarly standing there, not moving, within the confines of the Crocodile King's mind it was a very different story.  Dee's mental image, enlarged and taller than the Crocodile King had been holding him in her grip, even as he thrashed and fought with all his will, just as he had previously been thrashing about physically. 

The Englishwoman had been able to note the hits Erick had managed to get in while she had the Crocodile King in her grip, the pain evident through his mind.  But when then, even as she exerted a tremendous amount of psychic energy to continuing to hold the creature, he suddenly twisted and broke free, pushing her from his mind.

The real world came flooding back to Dee, where she was standing knee deep in water and looking over toward the massive creature in the dim lighting of the ruined building. 

GM

"Get out of my head, weakling woman! It is no place for you!" shouted the Crocodile King. It was hard to be entirely clear, what with his enlaged, protruding maw, stuffed full of teeth. But he may have actually been grinning at her. 

"Do not think you are the first person to try! There was a man, a young man, many years ago, who came with the Doctor Zero. A man who could dig in your thoughts, and twist them! A man they called the sleeper!"

"Doctor Zero was strong, cunning, fast. Nearly a match for me. But the sleeper was the one that everybody feared. With a snap, they fell to his control. Not I!" he said proudly. 

Erick jumped forward performing a vertical twist in mid air while the Crocodile King was yelling.  Sending his leg out in the middle of the Butterfly Twist to seemingly kick the Crocodile King in the face.  He was tall, but not tall as to escape Erick in midair But the kick was never really a kick.  The motion would be over in an instant and if anything would serve nothing more than to illicit a response from the creature's instincts as the Crocodile King whipped back.

For a moment he was more man than beast.  Responding in much the same manner as a person would in such an instance and rushing forward to attack.  That was the Crocodile King's folly.  Lured in by the feint, his attack was telegraphed to prescient acrobat.  Erick released his hold on the staff for a moment as he leaned backwards.  Loosening his grip as he re-positioned himself just right.

And then before the Crocodile King could even see the motion.  The Staff was thrust with calculated precision into the mangator's solar plexus.  Using the Crocodile King's own momentum to add power to the blow.  The beast gasped for air as it stepped back.  Erick maintaining his kneeled landing pose all the while.

"This is the second madman I get to tell this to.  But like Zero, you are not a god."

Edited by HG Morrison

Dee did not miss the Crocodile King’s mention of the Sleeper as he managed to break free from her mental grapple. But no sooner had he freed himself, than Erick had been flipping in the air, throwing the monster off balance and then delivering a powerful strike with his bo staff that certainly seemed to put the Crocodile King close to the verge of unconsciousness.

"You and I have a different definitions of weak." Dee stated simply to the Crocodile King. "And we have met the Sleeper as well, although he is no longer a young man. You might think you resisted his control, but in fact, you might never realize that was just what he wanted you to think. His abilities are such he can have you in his grip, and you would never know it."

With that, she sent another blast of red psychic energy at the Crocodile King. This time he did not fare as well, the blast seeming to rock him backward slightly, pushing him closer to unconsciousness.

GM

King Croc staggered under the dual assault. It was hard to say which stunned him most - the staff of the Foreshadow, or the words of Synapse. 

"...What?" he said, as he was knocked about the head again. Credit to his abnormal skull, it seemed to be protecting him from a tremendous battering. His head was low set, and stable, and soaking up a pounding, both mental and physical. 

"I...could be...his slave? He could control me? No...I would have felt it...It is not possible!" he raged, although it was muted this time. Clearly he was wondering if it was possible!

Then he exploded once again, on one knee and dazed, furious...

"They have kept me here! Zero and the Sleeper! I will feast on  their bones! Where is he? I will devour him and grind his brains with my teeth!"

"Devour this, devour that.  Is it always cannibalism with you?"  Erick quipped noting his own brush with the Crocodile king's teeth.  Though the manbeast tried to deny it.  He was still essentially human as far as Erick was concerned.  Dee's line of questioning did bring up a few lines of curiosity worth investigating after they had him safely subdued.

Was it the Sleeper's mental programming that had made him so aggressive?  Or the doctor's serum?  It could be a combination of both, or the environment.  Many questions But there were definite control issues at play.  Hopefully ASTRO Labs will be able to develop a cure for him.  Though he doubted it.  These mutations had a nasty way of sticking.  But that was a problem for after he was subdued.

Erick tread through the water once more.  Using the kneeling Crocodile King's shoulders a pivot point he would vault over the man.  Without turning around Foreshadow slid his staff comfortably in between the pocket of his arm.  Moving it like a pool cue he would shoot it backwards using his precognitive senses to aim the blow.  Striking with the end of the staff into the nerve clusters in the back of the crocodile king's neck.  Or at least they would be nerve clusters on man.

Dee would have commented on the Crocodile King's repeated comment about how he planned revenge on Zero and the Sleeper, but Erick took care of that first. Instead the Englishwoman focused primarily on trying to put the threat down so they could figure out what to do next. She herself wondered what they would do with him once they did defeat him, as she really did not like the idea of leaving him behind where he could potentially kill others that came her. But of course, they had no easy way to get him out of Egypt either.

She also wondered about whether he was under the influence of the Sleeper or not, and how he might fit into the Sleeper's larger plans. Whatever the truth of that was, it would likely have to wait until they had subdued the Crocodile King. And with that, Dee sent another blast of red psychic energy at his mind, and while it hurt the creature, he still clung to consciousness.

Erick rolled over the Crocodile King's back so as to re-position in front of him again.   His cape obscuring the beast's vision as he pivoted his feet to be at that same forty five degree angle to the manbeast's head.  Even if the Crocodile King wasn't already plenty battered the blindside still provided the perfect angle of opportunity.

Hitting downwards with his staff Erick splashed water everywhere.  Making erratic noise to get the Crocodile King's attention.  As the mangator swiped out in annoyance he stepped back diagonally.  Simultaneously swinging his staff to the side while re-positioning his hands on the staff so as to get more power out of his blow.  And in one motion striking the Crocodile King in the solar plexus for a second time.

<"Not to beat a dead horse here.   But save yourself the trouble and go to sleep.">

Somehow the Crocodile King was still up on its feet, despite the punishment it had been taking from both of them. But at least it was currently off balance and unable to continue attacking them. Dee would feel bad for the creature, if it had not violently attacked them and repeatedly threatened to eat them.

So, she sent another blast of red psychic energy at its mind, once again hammering at the reeling Crocodile King. This time the attack proved more effective, the creature's head rearing back at the pain, before it took a half step, then collapsed forward unconscious, sending a small spray of water up into the air as it did.

"Well, that was a bloody pain. What now?" The Englishwoman asked as she looked over to Erick.

Erick sighed before leaning against the nearby wall.  "Now...we haul him out of here?"  It was simpler to say than actually do.  Renting or buying a boat would be a week long trek if they headed to America, less so if the headed to England with him but still some amount of days. The length of either option would mean keeping him him subdued for that long.  

Aerial travel would be quicker.  But, getting out of the country by air would be a difficult matter in of itself.  Even chartering a private plane would likely mean someone would want to know all the passengers.  "We might have to use your Ministry of Powers connections.  As soon as we get him far enough away from where his Government watch dogs can come to collect his blood.  And try to riddle us with bullets"  Erick muttered. 

They weren't out of the woods.

GM

Zaki was getting the colour back to his face, and his throat felt less dry. He actually managed to croak. And then, with effort of composure, speak. 

"That...that thing. Was it speaking truly? Was he a product of Darwin-X?" he said, his voice slowly returning. He actually loosened his shirt, feeling his heart beat out of his chest from the adrenaline. He had been to scared to notice before. 

"I...I would not have believed it if I had not seen it with my own eyes. I thought my time had come, but by the Mercy of Allah I am alive. I thought we would all be devoured, like Sobek of the old gods! How you defeated him, I do not know!"

He gulped. 

"But I fear it is not just our Sobek that we must consider. It is true he is a vile god, and dangerous. But also, this compound may still hold Darwin-X...."

• 2 weeks later...

"He claimed that the Darwin X was all but used up.  The government was reproducing the effects of the serum with the Crocodile King's blood.  So, I doubt there's much in the way of a reliable source around here."  That didn't mean whatever amount of the serum remained should be left behind.  It just set the realistically low expectations of what there was to find in the partially submerged facility.

Of course the Crocodile King could have been lying.  He was a villain after all.  The man just felt as if lying wasn't in his toolset.  His mad hubris, and he was assured in his ability to gobble them up spoke to that.  As Erick's punctured arm could attest.

"Fine, but if we're doing this.  You'll have to come in too professor.  I'd like to keep you out of danger.  But if this guy's followers crop up, I don't think they'll wait before mowing you down.  Especially considering we still haven't run into the rest of the group we escaped from earlier."