Corona

Raveled

Introduction

Who are you? Sum yourself up in one sentence.

I am a proud officer of the Lor Republic, serving alongside the Praetorians

Do you have any nicknames, street names, titles, or nom de plume?

I was temporarily known as Corona on Earth, and some people insist on still calling me that.

What is your full birth name?

Aya K’Zan.

Where do you live?

I have a berth on the Praetorian flagship.

How old are you? What year were you born (if applicable)?

I am thirty-two years old by the common reckoning.

Physical Traits

What is your gender? If not applicable, please explain.

I’m a woman, fully female.

How would you describe your heritage?

My family lived on Hala for generations.

How tall are you?

I am 1.6 metres tall.

What is your body type?

I have a lot of muscles on my body.

Do you have any particular weaknesses, such as allergies or physical disabilities?

My genetics is optimized. I do not suffer from allergies, and Lor medical technology is advanced enough not to leave weaknesses after I heal.

How do you carry yourself? Are you graceful, or heavy on your feet? Can you be stealthy, do you walk with confidence?

I will never be a gymnast, but I have martial arts training from the greatest military in space. I’m well-coordinated, and yes, I’m confident.

Describe your skin, eye, and hair color.

They are all dark.

How do you wear your hair, if applicable? Do you have facial hair?

I used to keep it very short, but lately I’ve let it grow long and just put it in a high ponytail when I am being active.

Do you consider yourself attractive? Do others?

Mm. I’ve never filled out a dress well, but I’ve had a few relationships over the years so someone must be attracted to me.

Do you have any scars, tattoos, piercings, or birthmarks?

Lor regenerative therapies don’t tend to leave scars, and I’ve avoided tattoos and piercings so I can go undercover more easily.

Do you resemble anyone famous?

Many people have told me I resemble many famous individuals, but usually when they’re trying to have sex with me.

Do you have a dominant hand?

I’m right-handed.

What kind of clothing do you wear?

Something that hangs loose and leaves me plenty of room to move.

Do you wear makeup?

Not really. Not enough time in the day to worry about that.

What is your vocal range? Is your voice distinctive in some way?

Is loud and commanding a vocal range? I have been told I have a liquid accent, but that’s usually by men trying to get to sleep with me.

Do you have any distinctive habits, nervous tics, or mannerisms? Where did they come from, and what causes them? Do other people notice and remark on these habits? Do they annoy you or other people?

I’m a compulsive exerciser. Isometrics, push-ups against the wall, stretches, whatever. if I don’t have enough room to exercise, I crack my knuckles, and that does annoy people.

History

Where do you come from?

I was born in the capital city of the planet Hala, in the Lor Republic.

Have you made any major moves, or do you live in your hometown?

I move around all the time. Even by the standards of an interstellar society, I’m a bit of a nomad.

Do you feel loyal to your country of citizenship? Do you consider yourself patriotic? How do you feel about the government of your country?

My greatest loyalty is to the Republic. It may not be perfect, but no other stellar government allows as many liberties and freedoms to so many people.

How do you feel about the place you come from?

Halayans and citizens of Lor-Vell have a rivalry going back to the earliest days of the Republic. It… seems like a very unimportant thing now. I guess I would have to say that I miss Hala.

Where is your home town? What was/is it like?

I grew up in the capital of the planet Hala, Firstdown. It was the capital of a core Lor world, it was beautiful and crowded and I loved it.

Growing up, were most of the people you knew similar to you, or were you somehow a minority? How did that affect you?

My family was in the upper echelons of society; we always had money for what we wanted. My family tended to associate with others of our class. Looking back, I think that reinforced the values of loyalty to the Republic that my parents imprinted in me.

Is there something you've always been really good at or really bad at? How has that affected your life?

I’ve always been pretty driven, does that count?

Were there any traumatic experiences in your early years (death of a family member, abandonment, orphaned at an early age)?

Traumatic? No. My childhood went well.

Briefly describe a defining moment in your childhood and how it influenced your life.

In primary school I was in a martial arts club. One day, one of the older students was being cocky and challenging everyone to try them on. I went against them and got my ass kicked, but I kept coming back. I learned that it isn’t so important to win the first or second or third time, but it’s a lot more important to keep standing up and trying again.

What stupid things did you do when you were younger?

I didn’t have time to do stupid things. I was in too many clubs and activities.

Where did you go to school? How much school did you have, and did you enjoy it?

After primary and secondary school, I joined the Royal Naval Academy. I attended for four full years before joining RIP and finishing my training them. My time training was very... satisfying, more than enjoyable. It was harder than I had ever worked before, but I knew I was making progress and taking steps towards an amazing future.

Do you have any mementos of your childhood? What are they, and why did you keep them? If you have none, why not?

Not exactly from my childhood, but I have a few holo-images of my homeworld in my apartment. As a field agent of the Lor Republic I’ve learned to live and travel light.

When did you decide to become a hero? Why? Did anyone influence you one way or another in the decision?

I don’t know if I was a hero, but I chose to become a member of RIP to hunt down corruption and treason within the Republic. I was always taught that serving the Republic is the greatest good one can aspire to, and so stopping individuals who would work against the Lor from within can only strengthen the Republic.

Is the reason you give people for becoming a hero different than your real reason?

I... may have watched a lot of noir holos when I was younger. And I might have been impressed by the courageous and quick-witted protagonists. But my years of experience have disabused me of ideas like that.

Do you have any deep, dark secrets in the past that may come back to haunt you?

Mm. I have a few things I wouldn’t like being publicized, but they’re not exactly secrets. It’s all public, but not wide-spread.

Do you represent yourself as being different from who you really are? Why?

I wouldn’t want to hide myself everyday. Undercover work is exhausting in every sense of the word.

Do you have any sort of criminal record? If so, is it public knowledge?

I’m a law-abiding citizen and always have been.

Family

What are your biological parents' names?

My father was Genus K’Zan and my mother was Ma’ra K’zan.

Were you raised by them? If not, please explain and describe who raised you.

They raised me, yes.

What was their standing in the community? What did/do they do for a living?

My father is… was one of the top genetic researchers in the Republic. My mother worked on the planetary council, working to set policy for the entire planet.

Where are your parents now?

They were on Hala when the Communion destroyed it.

Did your family stay in one area or move around a lot?

We lived in the middle of the city, near my father’s lab.

How did you get along with their parents? How do you get along with them now (if applicable).

I can’t say I was ever exactly close to my parents, but they gave me good morals: duty, loyalty, responsibility. We never talked as much as we should have. I regret that now.

How do your parents view you now, or how would they?

I know they were proud of having a daughter who is serving the Republic instead of her own interests. They stood by me because I followed my ethics, not my career.

Do you have any siblings?

No, I’m an only child.

Do you love or hate one member of the family in particular?

I don’t hate my father, but we never got on very well. Our relationship is very… formal, very strained.

Are there any black (or white) sheep in the family (including you)? If so, please explain.

I’m probably the closest thing to a black sheep there is. I was booted out of RIP and into OOPS, after all.

Do you have a notorious or celebrated ancestor? If so, please explain, including how it has affected your life.

Kly K’Zan was one of the first Lor settlers on Hala, back during the first Republic. My father still works at the K’Zan Memorial Hospital.

Do you have a partner and children currently?

No partner, no. I’m married to my job.

If you do not have a partner or children, do you want them someday? How firm are you in your opinion on this, and what might change your mind?

Maybe if we adopt? I can’t see myself taking nine months off my job to have a kid.

What type of person would be your ideal mate?

It would have to be someone who understands my pursuit and how important my job is to me.

Relationships

Do you have any close friends? If so, please describe them, and how you came to be close to them.

Agent Jns was my partner on several cases. It’s impossible to work with someone on something like that and not grow close to them.

I don’t have any close friends among the Praetorains. It’s hard to grow close to people when you’re supposed to be observing them.

Do you have a best friend?

I’m far away from most of the Lor I know. It’s hard to keep track of people like this.

If you were to go missing, who would worry about you?

I wager that ALIENS and the Praetorians would want to find out what happened to me.

Have you lost any loves? If so, how did it happen, and what did you do?

A few fellow RIP agents that I got closer to than I should have. Mostly they died in the line of duty. I... continued the investigation. And I always closed those investigations.

And then there was Jon Starchaser, but that’s a longer story.

Do you have any bitter enemies? If so, please describe them and their history with you.

The Maw. They’re a group of pirates, mercenaries, smugglers, and amoral assholes in general who’ll do anything for a bit of credit. Their considered heroes by the Stellar Khanate, which is about all you need to know about them. I’ve busted up more than a few of their bases and their bosses, but there always seems to be another one.

If you have enemies, how do you think they might attempt to work against you in the future?

Mm. Well the Maw might send someone or someones after me. They’ve grown stronger and bolder in this post-Coalition universe.

What is the worst thing someone has done to you?

Some stupid Senator wasn’t willing to take his medicine, and got me out of where I could do the most good.

Where do your loyalties lie? In what order?

The Republic, ALIENS, and the Praetorians.

Who or what do you trust the most? Why?

Myself, of course.

Who or what do you despise? Why?

Traitors. Spies. People who create rules but don’t follow them, who think they are above the law.

What qualities do you admire most in other people? Are these qualities you possess?

Insight. Tenacity. A devotion to one’s ideals despite what path that might lead down.

That describes me pretty well, yes.

What qualities do you hate most in other people? Do you have any of those qualities?

Secrecy. Superiority. Arrogance. Making rules that apply to others and not yourself.

... Secrecy is a necessity for me in this line of work. I don’t think I’m superior or arrogant, but someone else might, I can’t control that. I do know that I apply the same rules to other people that I live by.

Do you have a secret identity?

Not at the moment, no. I’m serving openly as Aya K’zan of ALIENS.

Do you work well on teams and in groups? Are you a leader or a follower?

I work well when I’m leading groups. I can have problems following orders.

Are you on a super team?

The Praetorians aren’t exactly a traditional super-group, but I fight alongside them, yes.

What does ALIENS stand for? What is their remit?

Allied Liaison and Integration Expert for Non-Lor Sympathizers. We’re agents of the Lor Republic who work alongside non-Lor organizations and governments who are themselves sympathetic to the Lor cause. Hypothetically, any group that isn’t integrated into the government falls under our purview, but it’s hard to affect established bureaucracies.

Personality & Beliefs

Who are your heroes?

The tales of the Terran hero Daedalus are inspiring. He’s risked his life many times for the sake of justice and what was right. Of course it’s hard to sort the truth from fanciful stories; if you believe everything people say, Daedalus actually has died several times, and come back!

I’ll admit to something of a fascination for the Star Knights. They are usually such dashing and inspirational individuals. I may have… had a few Star Knight dolls when I was younger.

Did you ever become disillusioned with former heroes or idols? If so, why and what were the circumstances?

Well I’ve never met Daedalus, if that’s what you’re asking.

Do you like being a hero? What is the most rewarding part?

I very much enjoy my job. Knowing that I’m helping people, that I’m providing a good example and setting a level playing field for everyone makes me feel good.

Is there anything that would make you give up hero work, or even switch sides?

Mm. Hero work is a relative term. If I was assigned to a different sector, I’d be doing the exact same stuff I’m doing now.

I’m always on the side of justice. I hope that’s always the side of the law.

What are your short term goals (what would you like to be doing within a year)?

I should form stronger interpersonal ties with the Praetorians. I know about them on an intellectual level, I need to know them as people.

What are your long term goals (what would you like to be doing twenty years from now)?

Become a senior field agent. I never want to be behind a desk.

What is your greatest fear? Why? What do you do when something triggers this fear?

I try to do good. I know that I’m a small part of something much bigger, and I know that I could be a dangerous person. I place a lot of trust in my superiors not to send me to be evil.

Is there anything you would give you life for?

I’d give my life for the Republic and the people who live in it.

How do you feel about money and material wealth? Do you desire it or disdain it? Are you miserly with what you have, or do you like to share? Is it a mark of success, or a means to an end?

Money’s nicer than no money, but I know plenty of people with money who are assholes and plenty of people with no money who are actually good people. I hope that if I ever have money, I don’t become one of the assholes.

How do you generally treat others?

I push people, I know that. A lot of people are happy to sit on their laurels, and I don’t like to see that. I do my best to make sure everyone gives one hundred percent in everything they go.

Are you a trusting person?

It’s hard for a law officer to be trusting. I’ve seen every way someone can lie, and I’ve seen people lie over just about every subject.

Are you introverted (shy and withdrawn) or extroverted (outgoing)? Do you have a lot of self-confidence?

I’m confident, I know my place in the universe, but I don’t tend to go out and talk to people. I’m much more comfortable watching other people.

How do you act around attractive, available members of your preferred sex?

Directly. I’m usually not in a given area for long, so if I like someone I let them know it.

What are your most annoying habits?

Mm. I can be nit-picky. I like things to be exactly a certain way, and it they’re not then I want to change it.

Do you feel contempt for any general category of people? Who are they, and why?

Pirates and mercenaries. They don’t have any sort of loyalty to anyone, and will do just about anything for the right amount of money. Usually the difference between a pirate and a mercenary is just whether or not they’re being paid to do what they always do anyway.

What is your favorite food? Do you prefer any particular type of food?

I like noodles. There’s lots of things you can do with noodles. I especially like things that are sweet and spicy.

What is your favorite drink (alcoholic or otherwise)?

I like a number of wines, especially fruity wines.

What is your favorite treat (dessert)?

... There is no other planet in the galaxy that has chocolate...

Are there any specific foodstuffs that you find disgusting or refuse to eat?

I’ll try anything once, but I think a lot of seafood is disgusting. Salty and rubbery and ew.

What is your favorite color?

I have a preference towards bright red.

What sort of music do you like? Is there any that you hate?

I don’t listen to music much. If it’s not too loud and distracting, I don’t care out it.

If you have a favorite scent, what is it?

I like freshly laundered clothes and linens.

Do you have a favorite animal?

The Skyllian flying snake. I’ve always enjoyed its movements through the air and the scintillating colors it makes before it strikes.

What is your most treasured possession? Why?

I tried not to get attached to things.

Do you enjoy "roughing it", or do you prefer your creature comforts?

Oh, I very much prefer living in a city rather than having to live out the wilderness.

Is there a job or a task you would absolutely refuse to do?

I refuse to stand down or stand aside.

Do you consider yourself a spiritual person? If so, how do your beliefs affect your life?How important is it to you?

Spiritual? No, I’m focused on the material world, on the here and now.

Was your faith influenced or molded by anyone special?

Well, my father’s a pretty big scientist, so I guess it wasn’t so much that I was raised to be disinterested in science but I was raised to look to science and be practical instead.

Could you kill? Have you killed?

No. I’ve been lucky enough not to have to employ lethal force in my career.

What circumstances led to you forming that conviction, or taking that action?

When I went into the military, I knew that I may eventually have to take a life. I never fought for that option when I was in RIP, but sometimes a suspect or convict doesn’t give you an option.

Are there circumstances under which you believe it is permissible to kill? What are they?

When you have exhausted all other options, and the sophont you have under your gun is still a threat to everyone around them, then you take the shot.

How would you react to watching someone kill another person? Would your reaction be different if the killer was a friend or an enemy of yours?

If I agree with why a given person has to die, then I wouldn’t do anything. If I didn’t, then I’d intervene.

How would you react if something important was stolen from you?

I would do everything in my not-inconsiderable power to get it back.

How would you react to public humiliation?

When a Senator embarrassed me to my entire department, I ended up on the far fringes of the Republic.

How would you react if a good friend or relative were purposely or accidentally killed? Has it happened to you?

I have had a few good friends and fellow agents killed by the people we were facing. I always got revenge for that.

What do you consider to be the worst crime someone could commit and why?

Treason. A traitor is someone who was accepted as part of a group, and then stabbed it from within.

If your life were to end in 24 hours, what five things would you do in those remaining hours?

I suppose I would try to get my affairs in order and prep the agent sent to replace me.

Career & Training

Do you have any special training in your hero skills? If so, where and how did you get it?

Heh, I spent four years in Academy and almost a decade in the fields, honing my skills.

Who taught you the most about your heroing abilities? What was your relationship with that person?

Oh, way too many people to name. I’ve learned from explicit teachers, from superiors and partners and rookies.

Do you have any particularly unusual skills? How did you acquire them?

I know a lot about the situation in space -- not many Terrans can say that.

Do you do something besides hero work for a living? Have you ever done anything else, or do you plan to?

For a time I was a biology and botany teacher at Joseph Clark High School. It was just a cover, though.

What is your preferred combat style?

Anything that stops the other person from fighting.

Have you ever received any awards or honours?

A few for exemplary detective skills or breaking important cases.

What skill areas would you like most to improve in?

I should polish up on some of my basic investigative skills. I’m used to coming into cases that have hit a snag or have suddenly gotten a lot bigger. Here, I don’t have the support staff I’m used to.

How do you act around people who are more skilled than you in areas you'd like to improve? Are you jealous, or do you try and learn?

I always watch them and try to learn from them.

Lifestyle & Hobbies

What is a normal day for you? How do you feel when something interrupts this routine?

I try to train or exercise in the morning and the evening, but it’s pointless to try and set a routine on this job. I’m supposed to adapt, after all.

Do you have any hobbies, or interests outside hero work? What are they, and where did you pick them up?

I don’t have time for hobbies, and even if I did this is what I’m interested in.

What do you do for fun?

I... sometimes like to cook elaborate meals. But since I’m the only one at home most times, there isn’t much point to it.

Do you have a costume? What does it look like?

I wear a Lor hardsuit with a clear faceplate. It’s painted crimson, with a golden starburst, and a crimson mask over my eyes.

How do you normally dress when not in costume?

Whatever feels comfortable and won’t draw stares. It’s usually a jumpsuit.

What do you wear to bed most nights?

Nothing.

Do you wear any special jewelry?

Nope.

Do you have a special place where you keep your valuables?

If I didn’t trust the Praetorians I wouldn’t be aboard their ship this long.

What's your preferred means of local travel? How about long distance?

The Praetorian flagship has runabouts for ship-to-surface travel. And I cant fly.

Miscellaneous

Have you ever made a will, or tried to make arrangements for your death? What provisions did you make?

All good Lor agents have wills. Mine’s very short, it just leaves everything to the naval orphans’ fund.

If your features were to be destroyed beyond recognition, is there any other way of identifying your body?

The Lor government have my DNA and other biometric data on file.

What would you like to be remembered for after your death?

All the criminal I put away.

Do you believe you pose a threat to the public? Why or why not?

No, I don’t consider myself a threat. I know myself well enough and I know a situation well enough to keep people safe from me.

What do you perceive as your greatest strength?

My tenacity, my resolve to check every fact before putting a case to bed.

What do you perceive as your greatest weakness?

I find it difficult to accept that the Lor way of doing things isn’t the superior one, sometimes. I need to learn to accept how others operate rather than force my way on them.

As a player, if you could, what advice would you give your character? Speak as if he/she were sitting right here in front of you. Use proper tone so they might heed your advice...

Is this going to be where you live for the rest of your life? If it is, then don’t resent it. Don’t treat it like just another job, just a pit stop. Build a life here, and decide if you’re going to be loyal to the Lor or your friends.

Edited by Raveled