Starstation Primus

Supercape

So a tiny detail of Starshot seems to have snowballed into something bigger thanks to player creativity!

I am opening up this thread for discussion. 

One thing to note is that Primus needs to be defined as the kind of grey neutral zone cantina in Mos Eisley, rather than anything official / legal / affiliated. For reasons that will be come clearer later on this year. 

Primus, as most people envisage from discussions in other threads and chat, is a space station where rogues, bountry hunters, Safari Hunters (Star Shot), smugglers, and those wanting some heavy duty R&R hang out. Where you can drink, gamble, swap stories, and shoot green aliens under the table when they come to collect outstanding debt. And the band plays on. 

So, opening this up for discussion!

An idea I brought up that Primus is not a proper station floating in the the voidy-void of space. It's a series of installations built into a moon or asteroid; maybe the moon of a gas giant. This means that poorer folks are literally living undergound, in habitats melted or dug out of rock. Rich individuals and organizations have soaring spires, with their own private landing pads.

There's also the idea of how Primus came about. If it started as some abandoned Lor base, that opens the door for a Secundus, Tertius, etc, for dungeon crawls.

An idea I brought up that Primus is not a proper station floating in the the voidy-void of space. It's a series of installations built into a moon or asteroid; maybe the moon of a gas giant. This means that poorer folks are literally living undergound, in habitats melted or dug out of rock. Rich individuals and organizations have soaring spires, with their own private landing pads.

There's also the idea of how Primus came about. If it started as some abandoned Lor base, that opens the door for a Secundus, Tertius, etc, for dungeon crawls.

So, it's kind of Omega? No, not the omnicidal maniac and ultimate evil. I mean the place in Mass Effect.

One thing that might be worth considering, if it's built into a stellar body, is that being on the surface of an atmosphereless globe means being in danger of meteorites. Now, obviously any interstellar civilization worth its salt will have some handwave technique(the favorite of course being the Five-Thousand Force Field Benchu Hatsu Super Materials Handwave), but what if it worked the other way for desirability, where if you had little scratch you got to worry about asteroids and taking care of the infrastructure lying on the surface.

It was discussed that Primus might have been long ago, and recently been reclaimed as a neutral base. Because no one ever come back to claim there property :). It was also suggested that the Lor might have a naval base away from Primus itself.

As to it's location I like the idea that it's in orbit of Alpha Centurai close enough to be a possible port of call for Earth heroes.

I suppose the major question is if it's a regular base or station or something more exotic like a giant alien head? And was it built during this generation or space powers or does it ore date all of them, or even all the space PC's and that covers about 6000 years :) .

Clearly it was actually built by the Communion. ;)