GooseInduced

UPDATED

Player Name: GooseInduced

Character Name:

Power Level: 10 [150/150 pp]

Trade-Offs:

Unspent Power Points:

Progress To Bronze Status:

In Brief: Alien Sniper/Archer with enhanced senses and a few tricks up her sleeve. Inspired by both the Na'vi and Guardians of the Galaxy.

Alternate Identity:

Identity:

Birthplace:

Affiliations:

Family:

Description: Their planet was large. The majority of the land on this planet consisted of desert. Rich in minerals and resources. The sand of which is more copper and brown colored than the deserts of earth. The entire planet wasn't all desert though. There were large underground rivers that are reachable by many cave systems and feed the more fertile forests and jungles. The sentient species of the planet started in these jungles. A place of dark and rich colors. Coppers and browns, Greens so dark they are nearly black. Time and evolution forced them out of these furtile lands because of all the predators. At one point nearly all of the males were wiped out and out  of preservation they fled.

As their species and culture grew the men and women each took different roles. The larger, stronger men took on the role of Warriors. While the smaller, faster and more dexterous women took on the roles of Hunters and Gatherers. For reasons that the species took to be spiritual, the predators of the jungle always hunted the men. Not just killed, hunted. They took it as a sign. the jungle didn't want them there. So the women were taught to hunt. Using large bows strong enough to pierce the hides of the fierce beasts within.

The species it's self is humanoid. Bipedal and standing between 7 and 8.5 feet tall. The women being on the shorter end of the spectrum. The simplest way to describe their appearance is reptilian, though they are in fact Monotremes. Their skin is covered in plates and scales all along their arms, upper chest, shoulders and backs. The rest of them are still scaled but less armored. Their faces are sleek, the ridge of their wide noses blending seamlessly into their foreheads. The structure is similar to that of a human, though the features are smoothed over. Their ears are flat and non protruding. Their eyes are wide and colorful with the iris extending beyond the visible parts of the eye. Their mouths are full of sharp teeth, though molars in the back mean they have an omnivorous diet. They have hair but it bares little resemblance to the hair of a human. It is thick, almost quill like, though flexible and usually translucent. They rely on plantigrade locomotion (similar to humans). The females have a adapted an opposable big toe to help with climbing in the jungles and this makes them all rather skilled climbers. They are built similarly to a human, though they appear stockier because of the natural armor of their bodies.

Ethnicity: Non-Human

Height: 7'3

Weight: 245 lbs

Eyes: Gold

Hair: Bronze

Power Descriptions:

History:

Personality & Motivation:

Powers & Tactics:

Complications:

Abilities: = 50PP

Strength: 24(+7)

Dexterity: 28 (+9)

Constitution: 22 (+6)

Intelligence: 10 (+0)

Wisdom: 16 (+3)

Charisma: 10 (+0)

Combat: 8 + 8 = 16PP

Initiative: +13

Attack: +4 Base, +8 Melee (+4 Base, +4 Attack Focus) , +10 Bow (+4 Base, +6 Attack Specialization)

Grapple: +12

Defense: +10 (+4 Base, +6 Dodge Focus) +3 Flat-footed

Knockback: -5

Saving Throws: 3 + 1 + 3 = 7PP

Toughness: +10 (+6 Con, +4 Scales)

Fortitude: +9 (+6 Con, +3 base)

Reflex: +10 (+9 Dex, +1 base)

Will: +6 (+3 Wis, +3 base)

Skills: 48R = 12PP

Acrobatics 1(+10)

Climb 10 (+17)

Intimidate 10 (+10)

Language 1 (Native Language, Lor)

Notice 10 (+13)

Stealth 10 (+19)

Survival 6 (+9)

Feats: 24PP

Attack Focus: Melee 4

Attack Specialization : Bow 3

Dodge focus 6

Equipment 3

Improved Initiative

Luck

Move by Action

Precise Shot

Quick Draw 2

Skill Mastery: Climb, Intimidate, Notice, Stealth

Track

Uncanny Dodge (Auditory - Ultra Hearing)

Equipment 3 (15 EP container) [14/15EP]

Space Age Knife

Strike 3  (Feats: Mighty; Features: Improved Critical 19-20) [5/15EP]

EX.E Suit

Immunity (Life Support) [9/15EP]

Powers: 23 + 1 + 3 + 8 + 3 + 2 = 40PP

Device 7 (35PP Device, Easy to Lose) Super Alloy Bow and Trick Arrows (Feats: Restricted: Minimum Height 7ft (Arm Length), Feature: Subtle (Collapsible) )[23PP]

Trick Arrows  (Ammunition, Device; 29PP Array, Feats: Alternate Power 4) [33/35PP]

Base Power: Blast 10 (Feats: Improved Critical 2, Improved Range 3 – 1000 ft increments, Range Progression 2, Precise, Split Attack) “Standard Arrow†[29/29PP]

Fatigue 9- (Extras: Ranged Feats: Improved Range 1 – 250 ft increments, Sleep) “Night Night Arrow†[29/29PP]

Drain 9- (Toughness Extras: Affects Objects (+1), Ranged; Feats: Improved Range 1 – 250 ft increments, Slow Fade - 1 Every 5 rounds) “Slow Burn Acid†[29/29PP]

Dazzle 9- Visual - (Extras: Burst 35 - 70ft - General; Feats: Improved Range 1- 250 ft increments, Slow Fade - 1 Every 5 rounds) “Flash Arrowâ€[29/29PP]

Snare 9- (Extras: Regenerating; Feats: Improved Range 2 – 500 ft increments) “Gelly Arrowâ€[29/29PP]

Leaping 1 [1]

Protection 4 - Natural Scales and Plating (Drawback: Noticeable Uncommon, Minor -1PP)[3]

Super Senses 1 (Low Light Vision, Distance Sense, Extended Vision 2 - 1000 ft, Infravision, Tracking 2 - Infravision, Ultra Hearing [8]

Speed 3 (50mph) [3]

Super Strength 1 (+5 Str Carrying Capacity (29), Heavy Load: 1,400 lbs, +1Str  - Conditional) [2]

DC Block

ATTACK RANGE EFFECT

Blast 1000 ft DC 25 Toughness

Drain 250 ft DC 24 Fortitude (Staged)

Dazzle 250 ft DC 25 Reflex + Fortitude

Fatigue 250 ft DC 19 Fortitude(Staged)

Snare 500 ft DC DC 24 Reflex

Strike Touch DC 25 Toughness

Totals: Abilities (50) + Combat (16) + Saving Throws (7) + Skills (12) + Feats (25) + Powers (40) - Drawbacks (0) = (150/150) Power Points

Edited by GooseInduced

I like the Restricted on the Bow.

The Exotic Saves are a touch high. You could salvage some points there if you need to. I would note whether the Affects Others on the acid arrow is the +0 version, which would make it able to only affect objects and not living creatures, or the +1 version, which lets it affect both.

The AoE on the Dazzle needs to be noted as either General or Targeted AoE.

The first two paragraphs of the Description are rather unnecessary. I'd love to see a News post detailing her planet and her culture and her people's history, but it's not necessary to lay all that out in the description.

I'd wonder at a Strike 3 Knife as equipment. That's as much damage as a full-sized sword! "It's space" doesn't really justify that.

Of course, if it's just the situation that the 8-foot alien archer considers it a knife and to everyone else it's a full-sized sword, that would be different.

Question: Immunity. Say I wanted to give her a partial immunity to heat. just... more like a resistance. I'm not sure how it would work. Because It would break down like this

Immunity 1 (Heat Flaws: Limited (-1)) [0PP]

Or am I mistaken?

Edited by GooseInduced

Well, I do not believe we allow you to reduce the cost of an Immunity to 0.  Typically people pair a 1 PP Immunity with another 1 PP Immunity and after the flaw only pay 1 PP for both.  So maybe you would want to pair it with Immunity Cold or Poison?

As for what it would do, I believe it would protect you from hot environments, but not from extremely hot environments (ie works for the heat of a jungle or a normal desert, but not going to help you down inside a active volcano or a planet that is really, really hot).

Ok.... Yeah. I just  found the rule in the book..... Could do a limited age immunity since I was considering making them long lived anyway. I want her to be from a hot planet so I figure she would have a resistance at least. You couldn't throw her into a star or anything but she just sort of sunbathes in the desert XD Though I imagine she doesn't like the cold.

I could potentially pay for it with Vulnerability - Cold (Minor, Common)  and if so how much would that drawback be worth? 2PP? I think? Not sure on that.

Edited by GooseInduced

Yes, adding limited immunity to aging would work as well.

As for the Vulnerability to Cold, you will get 2PP for the frequency, you also need to decide how much it effects you.  If it only adds +1 to the DC of a Cold attack/power, then it adds nothing.  If you increase the Cold power effect by 50% (so a +8 cold attack becomes +12) then you get +1 PP.  If it doubles the Cold powers effect, then you get another +2PP.

+Subtle on the outside of the device (or piece of equipment) has generally, in the books and here, been enough for something which is collapsible, or which transforms into another object (which is the descriptor for the Subtlety).