Coordination....IN SPACE!!!

Right, so, probably everyone has seen this announcement, yes?

So, Bad Things Happening out in the far reaches of space, Bad Stuff coming to Earth, etc. etc. etc.

New PCs! New Adventures!

But while the good part of all the talk of new Space PCs is that there's energy and excitement about this, the bad part is that things are a touch confusing (at least for some of us) on who's planning what and who and how!

The idea behind this thread is that everyone who's looking to make Space-focused PCs (that is, a character who's going to be doing most of their adventuring out beyond Terra in the Sol System), and figure out what sorts of characters are being made, what sorts of groups might arise from this, and how (maybe) PCs can pool together to pay for Vehicles/HQs (aka SPACESHIP).

I'm going to make 2 more posts. One for characters, and one for groups.

As a suggestion, I'm going to try and include this information in the characters list:

PC Name.

Player.

Origin: Earth, Lor, Grue, etc

Archetype: Powerhouse, Gadgeteer, Battlesuit, etc.

Mode of Travel: Spaceship, Self-propelled, Gates, etc

Typical Haunts: Lor Space, Grue Space, Unclaimed Space, Stellar Khanate, etc

On the Groups list:

PCs (and players) involved.

Formed already or will form

Spaceship or spaceships involved.

Base of operations, if any

Basically, the idea is to make it easy to find out, at a glance, what PCs are active, how they operate, where they operate, and what group they're in.

Character List

-Corona (Raveled). Energy Controller. Lor Republic police officer. Will eventually have full self-propelled spaceflight, currently assigned to Earth. Connected to Republic Investigative Patrol, Outback Overwatch Patrol & Survey, Republic Navy.

-Deep Freeze (Heritage). Energy Controller in a Battlesuit (with a touch of Gadgeteer thrown in). Originates from Earth (Flint, Michigan). Suit is self-motive in space, but only at STL speeds. Often found in Lor Space.

-Memorial (Horngeek). Paragon, AI/Robot. Sole survivor of Belran. Self-propelled space flight. Currently operates primarily from Earth, but moves around enough to make connections anywhere.

-Paradigm (Thevshi). Alien Paragon. Self-propelled space flight. Member of the Praetorians. Was held on the Curator's Ringworld for a long time (in suspended animation), now traveling about the galaxy. 

-Starshot (Supercape). Gadgeteer/Bounty Hunter/Safari Hunter. Has his own fast ship. Connected to Starstation "Primus", the "Hunters Guild Club".

-Thrude (ShaenTheBrain). Paragon/Weapon-Master. Self-propelled spaceflight, via her Device (HAMMER-AXE). Focused on Earth/Terra and the Sol System, but does patrol further with a mind toward proactive prevention of threats to Earth/Terra/Midgard. Roughly equal split of time on Earth and in Space.

-Traveller, The (TiffanyKorta). Battlesuit. Uses spaceship for interstellar travel. Member of the Praetorians. Originally from Earth, was held on the Curator's Ringworld for a long time (in suspended animation), but currently travels the Galaxy at large, looking for adventure and the like.

Edited by KnightDisciple

Open to mid to low powered space adventures. Has fast ship. Nemesis is Zaul Zeno (Galactic Jabba as a Cyborg Scientist). 

Adventures: Strange new worlds in alien jungles. Taking PCs on hunting trips. Bounty Hunting. Pest Extermination. Or just needing a fast ride and some stealth. 

Relationships: Starstation "Primus", the "Hunters Guild Club", like a Great White Hunters leather bound gentlemans club in space. Anyone want to join? May also know criminals and scum from many years serving Zaul Zeno. Motivate to emanticate slaves himself. Could do with a mechanic for his ship. 

>Corona

Will eventually be a higher-powered PC, capable of independent flight in space, blasting, etc. Right now the goal is a competent investigator and flying blaster.

Adventures: Galactic crime, cries for help from nearby planets, favors for old partners.

Relationships: Republic Investigative Patrol, Outback Overwatch Patrol & Survey, Republic Navy. Probably has ended up opposite more rougish PCs.

So, I am still working on my future Space character, but figured I would mention some stuff now, particularly if anyone might be interested in joining in with what I am considering.

What I have thus far is a paragonish alien character that was part of an organization akin to the Shi'ar Imperial Guard (or if you prefer the Legion of Superheroes) in a space empire that existed one thousand (or possibly more) years ago.  After an event that broke apart this space empire (leaning towards a civil war right now), the surviving members of the not!Shi'ar Imperial Guard were captured by the Curator and put in suspended animation on his ringworld in deep space, which is where they currently lie today....

Deep Freeze (aka Ana Kristina Plonsky)

Origin: Earth (Flint, Michigan)

Archetype: Gadgeteer Energy Controller in a Battlesuit

Mode of Travel: Spaceship (Flight for maneuvering in vacuum)

Typical Haunts: Lor Space, working as mechanic on Starshot's ship if he'll have her.

I still need to draw up her sheet, but I think it would be very cool to be part of Starshot's crew :D

It sounds like most of the space-focused PCs are going to have their own individual ships, or are going to be auto-mobile.  It might be worth it for them to pool Equipment points for one giant, relatively stationary ship or orbiting satellite to serve as an HQ and hangar for all those smaller ones.

PC Name: Thrude

Player: ShaenTheBrain

Origin: Earth

Archetype: Paragon/Weapon-Master

Mode of Travel: Self-propelled by Device

Typical Haunts: (In descending order) Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, gradually expanding her patrols and adventures outward seeking to prevent any threats to Humanity, and dividing her time more or less equally between Earth and outer space.

So, have more info regarding my space character:

Paradigm/Amara Val-Ren

Alien Paragon

Self-propelled space flight

Currently in suspended animation on the Curator's ringworld (likely to be rather roaming once awoken)

Member of the Praetorians, the superpowered elite guardians of the Delaztri Empire over 2,000 years ago.  (Tiff's Traveller will also be a member of this organization, along with characters RobRX and Avorez are working on)

ILl throw out something I have had a few discussions about. This is embryonic. 

It is for all those Star lords / Rogues / Bounty Hunters / Rapscallions / Safari snipers. 

Thinking about a "Space Station Primus"

A beat up old space station in the middle of the galaxy, full of afore mentioned mercenaries, criminals, rogues. It is essentially the "Mos Eisley Cantina" to meet up, drink, and meet an old dwarf with a map to the fabled lost treasure of [insert generic D&D module here] contacts who can lead to plots!

As a separate thing, wondering about a "Space Safari Club", membership of which gives you access to exclusive clubs, contacts, and stories. For the Big Game hunters of Africa, but in Space. 

Earth is supposed to be near the borders of both the Unity and the Republic, so SS Primus could be part of the general accumulation of frontier settlements near borderlands. Like, a place set up for visiting patrol crews party, or neutral ground for local shipping merchants.

That would help give it a diversity of clientele that'd massively boost the chances for [random rare alien] to reasonably show up for one reason or another, or for people with law/personal problems to find brief refuge(and a hero's ear).

Space Naga (of the fish-snake type)

As Ari put it, "From a water planet of kindness and gentility, whose space travelers embrace war to defend their idyllic homeworld. The process cuts them off from any hope of returning, but does nothing to stifle their resolve."

Could be built into a large asteroid or small moon. That would allow for literally high-rise developments to have their own landing pads, et al, while the folks forced to live underground have to trek for hours to get any access to space.

And sunrises over the horizon of the gas giant your station orbits have to be spectacular.

I was talking with Ari (I think) in the chat, and we had a few ideas for Primus.

1. The wealthy side gets more light, and is called Dayside.

2. The poorer side is mostly in shadow, aka Nightside.

3. Perhaps waste processing and the reactors are closer to Nightside?

The Galactic Explorer's Club (or whatever it's called) could be in the nicer area, and looks like a reproduction of a 20th century club, with lots of trophies and a huge window with an amazing view?

Ma-gic Grue, ma-gic Grue!

The Grue Arcane aren't even anything like those one guys in Annihilation, you'll take everyone by total surprise.

And a shapeshifting alien with like transmutive magic would be hilarious in the metaphorical opportunities.

So, having been told I should make a thing if I think a thing would be useful, here is a super-sloppy, very rough, very general "galactic map" (as it were).

Use your imagination and superimpose this over a picture of the Milky Way Galaxy. 

SpaceMilkyWayMap_zps285d6ab8.png?t=14098

Legend:

Red: Grue Unity

Blue: Lor Republic

Green: Stellar Khanate

Brown: Contested space, unclaimed space, no-man's-land, etc.

Orange: Unclaimed space, pirate havens, etc.

White Dot: Sol System

Purple Star: Star Knight Citadel

This is of course all extremely rough. I'm working from a combination of memory and assumptions. 

The Grue, Lor, and Khanate control multi-system political entities, this is a known fact. Each has stood to this point against the others, without a clear and obvious "victor", which suggests at least very rough parity in scope, resources, personnel, etc. 

The Sol System is a Lor Protectorate, and isn't so close to the Grue or Khanate it suffers daily attacks (the Grue are just very very good at infiltration). 

There are likely loads of unaffiliated and independent systems out there, plus dead worlds, plus pirate havens.

(Keep in mind this isn't "to scale", and so the brown and orange regions cover parsecs and parsecs of space).

The Star Knights don't seem to actually govern stuff, and the Citadel being central-ish makes it far from Earth but able to reach a lot of the galaxy. 

MS Paint is both easy and hard to use.