He took off his suit coat, and offered it up to Agnus, as well as having gotten a pair of new sneakers in her size as well.  Why he had them in the trunk of his car was a whole other story.  One he answered with a shrug, before disrobing down to the containment suit he had on under his expensive suit.  Which was for good reason, as excess energy might burn off, and burn it up.  Which was something he wanted to avoid.  Master of the situation, and all of that.

He followed down, the trace work of his suit glowing because he couldn't help it.  Having absorbed ambient sunlight, but that semi-nuclear reaction from the fission chips and all of that.  Amir tried not to think of it, as he moved slightly ahead of Agnus.  He knew she could take care of herself, the deranged Spy person did not.

"Huh, so, I am going to be calling my contacts to have all of this taken a look at."  The prospect of a gang stumbling across this, or worse, was staggering.

The Rat shifted uncomfortably in the presence of the materials. It was hard not to imagine all the horrible stuff it was doing to her DNA, what with Darwin-X still dormant in every cell. 

She struck a casual, hand on hip pose. 

"Getting this off my hands would be a relief....but....it is also a secret base where I had out. I trust you" she said to Asad, "and by extention, you" she said to Cinammon Bunns "but, only out of necessity. I heard you were a decent man. Stopped a nuclear explosion in Freedom City. I hope you are a decent man, anyway..."

"But if a team of people come in here, this place is busted. And, in all likelihood, so am I. I have fifty years of work for the KGB during the height of the cold war to account for. Not that I had much choice, but I doubt that will help me. And it wasn't clean work either" she explained. 

"If it comes down to that or a radioactive fallout in Freedom City, I guess its the former. But, please, if you can do this by yourself, I would be in your debt..."

He sighed a little as he reached up and pinched the ridge of his nose.  Of course.  This part.  Somehow he was responsible for what would happen to her.  How in the name of the Prophet (peace be upon him) did that make sense?

"Did you really think this through?  I can't just wave my hand and make it go away...  I have superpowers, and I have money, but both have limits.  And this is the kind of thing that my protecting you results in me getting more than a stern talking to.  Bad enough I didn't precisely allow for AEGIS to have their way that last thermonuclear issue..."

The Rat kept fighting down the visions of what she might mutate into, and every single bodily sensation seemed to indicate some ghastly tumour. It was an effort to stay calm. 

"No, I didn't really think it through, Mister. When I see a bunch of weapons grade plutonium or whatever it is, just lying around frying my body with radiation...well, I panicked..." she confessed. 

"I really am open to ideas. You look like a big strong guy, maybe you could haul it out?" she asked. 

He looked to Agnus, and and smiled at her a little wanly, before looking back to the Rat.  "Alright, so I understand that perhaps you are not grasping what I am getting at.  I can't just dispose of this all myself...  You don't..."  Sighing as he turned his head back to look at the contents, all of of the contents.

"I kind of envy you people, you get to brush it under the rug at the end of the day.  You get to be someone else, something else."  Lips pressed together tightly, for a moment, "Is there anything else I need to know about that is here?  Does anyone else know it is here?"  His tone was curt, tired sounding.  He didn't really see a need to vent on either of these two people, that his power scared him.

"Dont ask me, I'm no Nuclear Physicist" replied the Rat. "I studied art and philosophy at university. And that was fifty years ago. And I was kicked out after a year" she added, to emphasise the point. 

"Thing is, I don't exactly know everything about this safehouse. Like, how did they build it on Freedom City under the noses of everyone?" she wondered aloud. She could only explain it via some Superhero power. She could only hope that whatever power was used was now either too old or two dead to resurface. 

"As far as I know, nobody knows it is here. Except, presumeably, the people who put it there in the first place. But that may have been decades ago. If you dig deep enough in the Kremlin vaults, you may get an answer. But I don't think many people have that kind of pull. Probably not even the people who worked in the Kremlin" 

After all, Bureaucracy was everywhere. 

Agnus followed along quietly listening to their conversation like it was the most natural thing in the world. Which recently it more or less was.]

"Teleporter or a good terrakinetic could carve out a base almost unnoticed, wouldn't take that long either."she looked at them and gave a shrug "It's amazing what you learn in womens mags."

In her , well Britannia's, long memory Agnus knew a fair bit about Nuclear Science. Enough for the job at hand.

"I happen to know someone with the necessary knowledge that could help over the phone. It's amazing what fans you can pick up."

Edited by TiffanyKorta

And then he closed his eyes and sighed, "Neither am I.  I have an MBA."  His hands lifting and pressing fingertips to his temples rubbing at them.  "Alright Agnus..."  He let his arms drop to his sides and he moved closer to her, slipping an arm around her waist and gently pressed to her.  She could feel the containment suit, pliable, but awkward, making that contact noticeably different than before..  "If you need to, use my phone in the car, and call Ana."  He wasn't going to bring his phone or other things down here, the radiation might ruin it, and a bunker was hard to get a signal in.  So he was a bit screwed by that.  Slowly he let his arm drop.

"Fine, you have to know about other weapons?  Or people who know about this place besides you?  You know, pertinent espionage things?"

Priority Alert! Confidential Information Must Not Be Released!

"I don't know" said the Rat, hand open. "As far as I can tell, this was a top secret Soviet base. Nobody outside the USSR knows of it, and from the sounds of things, even modern Russia has lost the records. But its a web of secrets, and secrets within secrets. And secrets within secrets within...well, you get the picture?" she asked. 

"Seems like a lot of things were going on here. Spying, hacking, storing weapons grade radioactive materials, cloning, microbiology..."

Priority Alert Breach! Commencing Deactivation!

"Pardon me..." said the Rat as her vision faded to black. SLAVE had cut off her cyber-eyes in protest. No doubt it would reactivate them when she stopped spilling state secrets. Unfortunately, whilst the world had moved on from the Cold War, SLAVE had not. 

"...I have gone blind..." she said, fumbling her hands in front of her. 

“My cell get’s pretty good reception even down here, it’s a next gen model I got from a friend.â€

She got out a cell from her purse, a fairly standard model, trying to hide the fact from Asad. After all she was really drawing all the information from her brain.

Like a shot Agnus stepped up beside Red Rat and gently took her arm, worry on her face and more importantly for Rat in her voice.

“Why has this happened now? Is it some kind of medical problem is there anything we can do to help?â€

"No...nothing medical..." said the Rat, annoyed at SLAVE and thankfully taking Cinammon Bunns' arm. 

"My eyes...they were replaced decades ago. Advanced cybernetics. Usually handy, for things like seeing through walls or...err...clothing...for concealed weapons, naturally..." she explained. 

"Unfortunately when I blurt out superior soviet secrets..." she emphasised, hoping to placate SLAVE..."they have an unruly habit of shutting down" she explained. 

"I got kind of used to being blind when I lost my natural set" she said, more brightly, steadying herself. "I can manage...but hopefully they will kick into action again"

Kick back into action, I'll keep my mouth closed! she screamed in her head. 

GM

SLAVE was already way ahead of the Red Rat when it came to keeping its 'mouth' shut.  It had never deemed it appropriate to warn her of the security protocols in place within the hidden room.  First, a signal would be send to other nearby Soviet safehouses in the area.  As could be expected decades after the end of the Cold War, the likelihood of any of those still being active let alone existing were slim to none.  In which case the security protocol would note that they have not gotten a response and perform the first round of emergency protocols.

The whiring of space age computers and other mechanical woes inside the armory served to obscure the threesome from the stomping fast approaching.  The noise was so deafened that one would have been hard pressed to hear it even if the threat was standing directly behind them.  But, blinded as she was Noemi had less stimuli to distract her.  Making it all the easier to notice the distinct sound of five pairs of footsteps.  Low thuds as if they had a lot of weight behind them.

More weight than one would expect from a man...

Edited by HG Morrison

"Ladies and gentlemen, I have to warn you I don't know everything about the safehouse. I mean, some of it was censored. I may not even know a lot. Possibly only half. Perhaps even less than half..."

She steadied herself. 

"Like, for example, I hear some superior soviet robot guards approaching to dispose of us. For trying to dispose of them. That sort of thing"

She paused a second. 

"It may not be robots but I can hear something approaching..." she said. Under normal circumstances she would have reached for her gun. But as she couldn't see anything. 

"Ah.  Crap."  He sighed then, this was just going to be a headache, as he turned a bit, looking for...  well he didn't know what.  "Where are they coming from?"  Unable to hear the sounds of the heavy footfalls yet, his hands were already fists as he turned and looked and sought out... Because of course a night out with Agnus was going to end up with robot relics of the ridiculous Cold War.

"Are you sure they aren't fluffy, happy, Soviet greeting bots?  They had those... didn't they?  I could have sworn I read that in a Popular Science."

"Happy, fluffy, meet and greet robots?" said a genuinely surprised Noemi before she realised that whilst she had lived through the cold war, the couple she had dragged here had caught the tail end of it, if that. 

"No, I can't recall ever having met those. Even the Soviet Toaster was unfriendly back in my day..."

Correction: Superior Soviet Toaster! flashed SLAVE infront of her otherwise black blind eyes. 

"I do recall plenty of Superior Soviet 'Stomp you to the Ground and Smash Out Your Teeth' kind of robots though. The Soviet Union was pretty big on those back in my day"

A pang of sympathy for Cinnamon Buns hit her. 

"Cinnamon...whoever you are, I am sorry I dragged you into this..."